• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Price Discussion Thread

fible1

Dash Core Group
Masternode Owner/Operator
I noticed there are a couple of threads discussing issues related to price, but no thread to collate them all.

Although I'm not currently surprised by the price drop, as this has been the Dash cycle after releases for a while now, I am surprised by the magnitude of the fall.

Anyone care to share some insight?

Pablo.

Dash is currently showing as 'unavailable' on www.shapeshift.io

I really don't wish to focus on any negativity, I am an investor and believer in Dash... But this seems very strange. I've never seen this before. :-(

Dash is currently showing as 'unavailable' on www.shapeshift.io

I really don't wish to focus on any negativity, I am an investor and believer in Dash... But this seems very strange. I've never seen this before. :-(
Check again, I see dash there...

The interesting part is that this is all on very little volume compared to historical volume. I would attribute to the price decrease to the usual miner selling pressure on a crypto, combined with the lack of PR and the fact we got taken of the exchange then a small price decrease was expected, but if it is not combined with large volume then it's not really meaningful.
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#charts'

Also what I find strange is that the number of DASH transactions have fallen sharply the last few months, we were at 600 transactions every 100 blocks and now we are at 300 transactions per 100 blocks.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#@diff

The interesting part is that this is all on very little volume compared to historical volume. I would attribute to the price decrease to the usual miner selling pressure on a crypto, combined with the lack of PR and the fact we got taken of the exchange then a small price decrease was expected, but if it is not combined with large volume then it's not really meaningful.
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#charts'

Also what I find strange is that the number of DASH transactions have fallen sharply the last few months, we were at 600 transactions every 100 blocks and now we are at 300 transactions per 100 blocks.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/#@diff

I think you are on the right track, I think that trading volume is one of the biggest concerns right now and something we need to get a grip on and understand before we hit a point of no return.

Pablo.

I think you are on the right track, I think that trading volume is one of the biggest concerns right now and something we need to get a grip on and understand before we hit a point of no return.

Pablo.

I guess the market will find its balance the moment DASH truly starts to be used as a currency (I mean, enough merchant adoption, daily utility, circulation).

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the market will find its balance the moment DASH truly starts to be used as a currency (I mean, enough merchant adoption, daily utility, circulation).

That's of course true; but it's still important to wrap our heads around what is going on now and who the players are that are moving the market as well as why the market is doing what it's doing. It's worth it to understand not only from a price perspective, but because how we are interacting with the market should help shape our overall strategy. Initially our momentum will, much like in BTC, come from speculators, then investors, and finally users. It is important to provide to these groups at each stage if we hope to move forward. BTC has sort of blazed the trail with the first two groups, but has been struggling with the third,; if we can plan for these from day 1, we will be a step ahead of all our competitors.

I think the first step is to engage with market makers and go from there.

:)

Pablo.

Ok, I'm pretty much flabbergasted. Bitcoin has been going up in price, and since I'm not good at understanding the markets, I'd sure appreciate someone explaining to me why Dash has been dropping like a fly? I mean, I'm looking at the price now, and it's at 0.007899. Why? Why does it continue to go down when so much is happening with Dash. So much work, so much progress so many possibilities. Is there news I haven't seen? If anyone could explain this, I'd sure appreciate it :( Thanks!

Mmmm, imho "price" does not equal value but then I guess I shouldn't be posting in a speculation thread in that case :/ It's easy enough to know who at least, just follow troll activity on BCT, you can even work out the time and duration of their breaks to discus strategy.

What to do about it? Ignore it and get on with things imho, a duff is a duff is a duff and a dollar's an entirely different and far inferior thing. But that's more inappropriate talk for a speculation thread so I'd suggest as many zero-loss volatility trading bots as possible to damp fluctuations and make manipulations expensive, get them talking to each other and you can even have a distributed stabilisation fund.

EDIT: The trades data would be worth looking at too, by the sounds of the trolls they're gamers that got rich but they seem to be under direction and if it's anything like the same kind of direction that's been on the bitcoin markets there's likely to be a high volume of trades with little price movement caused buy continualy buying slowly from the asks, dumping quickly to the sells and filling in the volume behind while the real volume builds. It's loss-making in the short term but can be part of a longer strategy, there's likely a way to make substantial profit from it but I've never looked into how as it could also make a big loss if countered and a volatility bot makes a small gain from it with potentially zero risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find scary is that you have to assume that the collective market is operating on better information than we ourselves have as individuals.

Pablo.

What I find scary is that you have to assume that the collective market is operating on better information than we ourselves have as individuals.

Pablo.

More along the lines of a small but well organised group can hold sway over a much larger group of unorganised individuals. Crypto markets left reason behind a long time ago, good news was even a good indicator that things where about to go down once.

I think it's just that one botnet guy continually dumping his coins when he gets 1000. If he keeps this up, he will reduce the price to 0 (although unlikely, he would kill his income). We need to be prepared for much lower prices in that instance. Long term, my friends, long term.

I don't think that a botnet is a good excuse. We can't expect anybody who is mining to keep their coins. Why would they do that? Because the price must increase in long term?
The reason the price is dropping is the lack of buyers, lack of interest and fresh money flowing into dash. Which tells me we have got a shit PR.

The price was stable over $2 for a long time. It's slowly going down without much panic which I think is not a good sign, as there might be no bounce and it will stay down there.

Back