Price Discussion Thread

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
What is the best place to exchange dashes for dollars or euros?
Not sure best place, but bitfinex don't need you to validate with them and they have high dollar liquidity and appear safe, shame they dropped Dash though.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
3000 RMB is breaking point
I am not sure if we will make it across

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
tungfa What's RMB and is that the breaking point for Dash or BTC? LOL (now you know why I don't trade, LOL) But I like to learn!

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
tungfa What's RMB and is that the breaking point for Dash or BTC? LOL (now you know why I don't trade, LOL) But I like to learn!
Chinese Currency
Chinese Yuan Renminbi

forget my post up there
BTC is is already at 3155 RMB :eek:
(they are going crazy over there)

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Gosh, and Dash is dropping below 56. If only I had BTC! I wonder if I should withdraw my 0.00739 BTC and take the penalty at Slush's pool to buy a Dash? LOL

Oct 9, 2014
Well, for Euro and Dollar market dashcurrex is cool, yet there is no buying volume so if you want to buy with that currency use dashcurrex, it will def get filled :)

Oct 9, 2014
There is potentially a nice margin play if you exchange some dash for dollars and hope bitcoin goes down ..
No more margin for me, i lost 3 BTC in 3 days, Fucking greed! had 1.5BTC plus and basically in period of 2 hours managed to loose all the profit and go down... No more trading for me... This crypto frenzy (ETH) is crazy! Basically, i had 5BTC to buy a MN and decided to increase my stash by riding ETH.... :D Yes, i am an idiot!

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
No more margin for me, i lost 3 BTC in 3 days, Fucking greed! had 1.5BTC plus and basically in period of 2 hours managed to loose all the profit and go down... No more trading for me... This crypto frenzy (ETH) is crazy! Basically, i had 5BTC to buy a MN and decided to increase my stash by riding ETH.... :D Yes, i am an idiot!
Hard luck, sorry you got chomped, Ethereum had a bigger price movement than most crypto, it is noteworthy to see which are the more shakey currencies and most dominated by the elephant in the room.
I nearly got caught out on the $500 btc price correction, I just parked my small amount of btc to dollars in time, and then it fell dramatically and I bought back in on the correction, I was trading between dollar/btc/Dash but it was the btc exchange transfer times that were getting me (like Solar-miner pointed out, you gotta have reserves on the exchanges to do it quickly, 1 hr wait is just too long)

Reactions: splawik21

Dash4Ever

Sep 24, 2015
Sweden
Dash Address
XybaxnhtFBih2g4M2F71rWKBt5USzo8R
Bumping this thread since price is moving alot lately ! :)
Any suggestion when Dash will pass 30 USD ?

GeauxSheaux

Mar 2, 2017
DASH ~$45 right now.

According to coinmarketcap.com, about $200 million were poured into DASH over the last 30 hours on relatively strong volume. It's happened concurrently with the recent BTC and ETH spike, so this is ostensibly a bunch of non-crypto money pouring into the space.

Expect profits to be taken off the table soon.

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
52$ was touch today.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
Still too low. Unless you reach 1200$ of bitcoin.
I mean it is absurd the bitcoin generation of 2009-2010 to worth 1200$ and the Dash generation of 2014-2016 to worth 60$. In a rational world this should be the reverse. Bitcoin should worth 60$ and Dash should worth 1200$.

But of course those who own dolars are tottaly stupid. It is the fate of Timocracy, which is considered as one of the most corrupted, stupid and unjust political regimes. Imagine how stupid our "beloved" Dash masternodes owners are, and multiply it with 1000 in order to calculate the stupidity of the dollar owners (who invest in Dash and Bitcoin). This is the reason why dash is still below bitcoin.

Last edited:

GeauxSheaux

Mar 2, 2017
I've been trying to find good financial analysis of the recent price spike, but Dash news is pretty much nowhere to be found on the internet besides this small forum. The one thread on bitcointalk is just children screaming "pump and dump" and "scam".

I'll just do some back of the envelope numbers here since I can't think of anywhere else to do it. Hopefully there are others here who'd like to engage in this type of discussion.

Number of masternodes as of 3/2/17 = 3,964
Total Dash tied up (DTU) = 3,964,000 (1,000 per MN)
Total outstanding Dash (ToD) = 7,134,010

Dash Float (DF) [float: number of shares actually available for trading] = ToD - DTU = 3,170,010

This is float is notably minuscule, especially considering the below:
Over the last 2 days, trading volume progressed roughly linearly from $10,000,000 to $64,000,000. The previous normal volume ranged between $2-5MM. 68% of the most recent volume, or $44MM was BTC to DASH on Poloniex. That's a huge number of very specific conversions on an isolated exchange. In fact, of the $97MM that has moved through Poloniex over the past 24 hours, nearly HALF was BTC to DASH. No other exchange/asset pairing contributed more than 9% to the recent volume in Dash.

So this has largely been a BTC move into Dash over a very short period of time. The market cap went from $200MM 3 days ago to $400MM+ intraday today. That's a gigantic movement of capital, made even more impressive by virtue of the difficulty of quickly converting fiat into crytpo.

Assuming a $35/Dash average cost over the past 3 days, 5.7 million Dash (coins?) had to be traded (of the 3.17 million float) to account for this move. That is MASSIVE turnover. Hopefully this sparks some interesting discussion.

My speculation - A big player in the Bitcoin sphere decided to jump into Dash. The tiny float wasn't able to absorb such a large, quick move, resulting in a classic price run that we've grown accustomed to seeing in bubble economics. The float market cap was $100MM 3 days ago, and went to $300MM in 72 hours.

Last edited:

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
Still too low. Unless you reach 1200$ of bitcoin.
I mean it is absurd the bitcoin generation of 2009-2010 to worth 1200$ and the Dash generation of 2014-2016 to worth 60$. In a rational world this should be the reverse. Bitcoin should worth 60$ and Dash should worth 1200$.

But of course those who own dolars are tottaly stupid. It is the fate of Timocracy, which is considered as one of the most corrupted, stupid and unjust political regimes. Imagine how stupid our "beloved" Dash masternodes owners are, and multiply it with 1000 in order to calculate the stupidity of the dollar owners (who invest in Dash and Bitcoin). This is the reason why dash is still below bitcoin.
It might say $60 but it's just numbers on a screen, it's only real when you convert it into something tangible, like buying a house etc.

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
@GeauxSheaux I can only speculate, but frankly I think it's just that we've finally proven ourselves to the movers and shakers. I've always felt Dash was HUGELY undervalued, still do. It's hard to get attention through the crypto sphere noise. It also takes a while to digest how Dash works, the game theory involved, why it's secure, how we can securely make instant transactions, etc... But once people get it, they see how brilliantly Dash was designed. As far as real worth, Dash should be worth far more than Bitcoin at this point (read up on first mover advantage, and you will see that even the professor who coined that term has revised it to say it's actually a disadvantage) In the end, Bitcoin can't survive as anything except perhaps, if they convince Banks, as a store of value or a transfer of large sums. Unfortunately for them, once Dash's market cap is larger than Bitcoin's, Bitcoin can't win in that sphere either.

Frankly, if banks don't get on board the Bitcoin bandwagon, Bitcoin won't survive, certainly won't continue to be #1

These are of course my opinions, and I'm no expert. But I do think that people are realizing the leader in the race is Dash, and that they better catch the train.

Reactions: GeauxSheaux

GeauxSheaux

Mar 2, 2017
@TanteStefana I agree that it's obvious that Dash is fundamentally better in (nearly) every domain than current competitors. Taking a step back though, when we look back in 10 years, we're going to end up seeing that the entire crypto-verse is grossly undervalued right now. The ENTIRE space has less than $24 billion invested. The market cap of AAPL is $700+ billion...

I also agree with you on essentially every other point you make. The general lack of knowledge surrounding these technologies is staggering. The BTC first mover advantage will end up being a blip on the radar since the "advantage" was only $20B. Mass adoption of cryptocurrency probably still relies on a catastrophic failure of some fractional reserve banking system, however.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
It might say $60 but it's just numbers on a screen, it's only real when you convert it into something tangible, like buying a house etc.
It will be real when the coin of the future will appear, and when you will manage to convert all your cryptocoins or fiat money to this digital cash of the future.

I bet that the coin of the future will be something between Tezos (a nomic bank), Duniter (a time space symmetric coin that respects the future generations) and Dash (a coin that supports governance) .

When I will see this coin to appear, I will bet all my wealth on it. But until then, I consider all the cryptocoins availabe today to be just tulips.

I dont care about tulips. I am waiting for the black rose.

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
I'm not so sure that mass adoption would require catastrophic failure. If we can service merchants and consumers at even 1% cheaper, we would slowly gain ground, but instead we're talking, probably an average of 3% savings for using Dash. Better still, people, after a few years, will see some people gaining $$ just for holding their liquidity in Dash. This won't go unnoticed. Sure, at first it'll be the crypto nerds, like now, but slowly more and more people will do so. Money talks. Even if they don't understand, the people they trust will start to talk about crypto virtues (Dash being at the forefront) and they will start to trust the trustless system :p

The fact that the government wants to get rid of cash will also drive people into crypto. Privacy is essential to life. If there were no crypto, you'd start seeing people using other things for purchases eventually. So no, I hope to God we don't get any catastrophic failures! It's much better for cryptos to infiltrate and support and finally, possibly take over as money, over a super long period of time. Anything else would cause pain and suffering and possibly war. Thanks but no thanks o_O For me, as long as we're reducing the size of the Feds and most all government in our lives (not too happy about states either), I know things will get better for my kids.

Reactions: slamdunk

GeauxSheaux

Mar 2, 2017
Just to be clear, I'm neither predicting nor advocating for a financial sector crisis. I just think that such an event would be required for medium-term mass adoption of crypto.

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Just to be clear, I'm neither predicting nor advocating for a financial sector crisis. I just think that such an event would be required for medium-term mass adoption of crypto.
What do you consider medium term (10 years?) Just think about how fast Paypal took over internet payments. And they used to be so inexpensive to use! They've since doubled their fees, so I think a lot of people will hook up to a system where the fees are almost non-existent. But the degree of adoption...? I don't know? I honestly think we'll start making inroads in the next 2 years though, far more so than Bitcoin ever did. It's going to be exciting!

Reactions: GeauxSheaux

AnarchicCluster

Dec 22, 2014
Dash Address
XgJkzjmW1onXH8EsaaZakN1GswjjnAYhUE
Crazy! My theory is that it is Coinbase pilling up Dash before they are going to officially start selling it. Naturally it is only my speculation.

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
Crazy! My theory is that it is Coinbase pilling up Dash before they are going to officially start selling it. Naturally it is only my speculation.
It can be the case, but i hope that is not the case,
because if it is, we see quite big drop when new exchange start with Dash.