• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Pre-Proposal] Introduction and Dash Giveaway to New Users

Tron

Masternode Owner/Operator
I've been giving away Bitcoin for years to introduce people to the speed and ease of making peer-to-peer payments. I've recently become frustrated by the high Bitcoin network fees. I'd frequently give away $5 of my own Bitcoin to introduce the cryptocurrency, but at times the fees were so high that another $6 is spent just to send $5. And with fees that high, the $5 becomes worthless because to use it would require paying most or all of it in fees. Bitcoin Cash is much better in this regard, but does not yet have as much infrastructure as Dash.

My proposal is simple. I'm proposing to give away Dash to people in my sphere of influence to introduce them to Dash and its benefits. The Dash network benefits in three ways:
  • The Dash network gains new participants, which is a very important component to the value of any crypto-currency.
  • Introduce Dash to significant influencers in the space. The nature of my work brings me in contact with other entrepreneurs, millionaires, and influencers in the FinTech and cryptocurrency space.
  • Installation of the Dash wallet on more mobile phones and used by more people for peer-to-peer transactions.

Proposal:
  • Dash will be given to new users who have not yet been introduced to Dash.
  • No more than 1/10 (0.10) Dash per person. Once Dash is over $500/Dash this will be adjusted to 1/20 (0.05) Dash.
  • New Dash users will be shown how to load a mobile wallet (Android or iOS) to use their new Dash.
  • New users will be given instructions on how to get more Dash, and how to spend Dash at merchants (like Overstock.com).
  • Suggest to new users that they give some of their new Dash to others to continue the network effect.
  • I will not keep any of the Dash. I will continue to find new users, or I will reduce the proposal to fit within my ability to introduce Dash to others.

Why me?
My name is Tron, and I currently work for a very influential company in the crypto space -- Medici Ventures (http://www.mediciventures.com). It's owned by Overstock.com and focuses on advancing blockchain technology. Medici Ventures invests in a portfolio of companies including Factom, Bitt, Ripio, Spera, and other crypto Fintech companies that fall into our six areas of investment. Before working for Medici, I was buying, trading, mining, and created a company that tracked the value of crypto currency portfolios in real-time. I worked for t0 (tzero), a portfolio company of Medici Ventures, that issued the first publicly traded SEC acknowledged parallel crypto-equity from Overstock.com (https://www.wired.com/2016/12/overstock-com-issues-stock-via-bitcoin-blockchain/). I've also worked for ANX International, a Fintech company located in Hong Kong which runs a Bitcoin exchange, offers Bitcoin Debit cards, and is currently working on a decentralized exchange. I'm working with another portfolio company, Spera, to enable the unbanked to participate in the western world's freedom economy while getting paid in crypto-currency.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/tron-black-90287/

As part of my work for Medici, I helped get Dash accepted by Overstock.com.
http://fortune.com/2017/08/08/overstock-digital-currency/
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/activity:6300719041426391040/

I've written articles about Dash before it was called Dash. Here is an article I wrote in Feb 2015 about Darkcoin (renamed a month later to Dash) where I recommend the technology, but suggest that "widespread adoption would be easier with a moniker less associated with the web’s underbelly."
https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/which-altcoins-and-why

Here is a video of a recent presentation I gave at the theater in the Overstock.com Peace Coliseum where I work. We had people from two different Bitcoin meetup groups and people from the largest Dash meetup group, led by Rion Gull.

I operate a masternode and have Dash's best interest in mind.
For your verification:
Address: XdT9sVf43TRtQSoYCpkvoQuooyeEDCt49B
Msg: Tron
Signature: HwzcSN1Aaji+mQeLJqiiHUEHTmN6zLiIjTFs5eP5/gMBNPhgUxFogFhl11ShuLIJB40m+DG5tU+JLhQWS6/Rzm8=

I will give instruction, and Dash to 50 people per month.

I participated in a recent Dash sponsored event, TEDx Salt Lake City, where we introduced over a thousand people to Dash through event sponsorship and a Dash giveaway. It is this very successful event, and my work with Rion and Alex, that inspired me to write this proposal.

Budget:
5 Dash/Month - distribution to 50 people/month
5 Dash - proposal fee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback welcome.

Hi Tron, my name is August and I'm a university student studying Software Engineering. A few nights ago, we actually tried this idea with donations from the community and ended up introducing over 25 new students to Dash and got them set up with wallets and some starting Dash. It was extremely successful and the wallet started spreading throughout our dorm. I think you're on the same page here and I agree that a combination of these small acts can have a profound impact on the community. You have my support.

I will definitely vouch for Tron. He was at the TEDxSLC event as well as the pre-meetup where he helped me quickly get setup with the dash core CLI so we could start the loading of 1000 dash paper wallets. It goes without saying he has in depth knowledge of this field. I only wish I had more time to chat, it was a busy day.

Also how many months are you submitting the proposal for?

The one on one value in helping interested parties understand dash is invaluable. It's way more time consuming but naturally more effective. We gave out a lot of wallets at TEDx but I think the people who we were able to walk through and show the process will have a higher conversion rate. For anyone wondering we will be processing the data for the TEDx wallets after the Oct 1st expiration date. The TEDxSLC really showed everyone involved how ready the public - 1st stage of early adopters are for this technology.

I think the access you bring easily could command a bigger budget. There can be a lot of work that follows one of these contacts especially if they want to integrate with Dash in some way beyond what is currently available. Needless to say this proposal involves donating a lot of time.

I'm also curious on your thoughts about how we can further target merchant adoption in SLC, but perhaps that's more of a later topic.

I'm proposing to give away Dash to people in my sphere of influence to introduce them to Dash and its benefits.

Introduce them to dash, its ok. But why someone should support you to give Dash to YOUR FRIENDS? Does this makes sense? Your proposal is asymmetric in terms of space, since it targets your sphere of influence. It is also asymmetric in terms of time, since it does not last forever.

Yes I know, MNOs are stupid and they will support you, but the vote of MNOs does not give value to your proposal. It is still a space-asymmetric distribution of Dash. It is a distribuion of dash that targets your very friends, and this makes it even worst.

Introduce your friends to Dash. But give dash to the people who really need them, not to your friends! And this is also a call to the minority of MNOs who are not stupid or spies. Do not allow this guy to pay his friends with the budget money, you have better get this money and pay your own friends instead.

@Tron, you can still save it. Change your wording.
I'm proposing to give away Dash to people inside or outside my sphere of influence to introduce them to Dash and its benefits.
Even better, why dont you organize a proof of individuality party? Those who participate in such parties, may be both inside and outside your sphere of influence.

Last edited:
I've been giving away Bitcoin for years to introduce people to the speed and ease of making peer-to-peer payments. I've recently become frustrated by the high Bitcoin network fees. I'd frequently give away $5 of my own Bitcoin to introduce the cryptocurrency, but at times the fees were so high that another $6 is spent just to send $5. And with fees that high, the $5 becomes worthless because to use it would require paying most or all of it in fees. Bitcoin Cash is much better in this regard, but does not yet have as much infrastructure as Dash.

My proposal is simple. I'm proposing to give away Dash to people in my sphere of influence to introduce them to Dash and its benefits. The Dash network benefits in three ways:
  • The Dash network gains new participants, which is a very important component to the value of any crypto-currency.
  • Introduce Dash to significant influencers in the space. The nature of my work brings me in contact with other entrepreneurs, millionaires, and influencers in the FinTech and cryptocurrency space.
  • Installation of the Dash wallet on more mobile phones and used by more people for peer-to-peer transactions.

Proposal:
  • No more than 1/10 (0.10) Dash per person. Once Dash is over $500/Dash this will be adjusted to 1/20 (0.05) Dash.
  • New Dash users will be shown how to load a mobile wallet (Android or iOS) to use their new Dash.
  • New users will be given instructions on how to get more Dash, and how to spend Dash at merchants (like Overstock.com).
  • Suggest to new users that they give some of their new Dash to others to continue the network effect.
  • I will not keep any of the Dash. I will continue to find new users, or I will reduce the proposal to fit within my ability to introduce Dash to others.

Why me?
My name is Tron, and I currently work for a very influential company in the crypto space -- Medici Ventures (http://www.mediciventures.com). It's owned by Overstock.com and focuses on advancing blockchain technology. Medici Ventures invests in a portfolio of companies including Factom, Bitt, Ripio, Spera, and other crypto Fintech companies that fall into our six areas of investment. Before working for Medici, I was buying, trading, mining, and created a company that tracked the value of crypto currency portfolios in real-time. I worked for t0 (tzero), a portfolio company of Medici Ventures, that issued the first publicly traded SEC acknowledged parallel crypto-equity from Overstock.com (https://www.wired.com/2016/12/overstock-com-issues-stock-via-bitcoin-blockchain/). I've also worked for ANX International, a Fintech company located in Hong Kong which runs a Bitcoin exchange, offers Bitcoin Debit cards, and is currently working on a decentralized exchange. I'm working with another portfolio company, Spera, to enable the unbanked to participate in the western world's freedom economy while getting paid in crypto-currency.

I've written articles about Dash before it was called Dash. Here is an article I wrote in Feb 2015 about Darkcoin (renamed a month later to Dash) where I recommend the technology, but suggest that "widespread adoption would be easier with a moniker less associated with the web’s underbelly."

Here is a video of a recent presentation I gave at the theater in the Overstock.com Peace Coliseum where I work. We had people from two different Bitcoin meetup groups and people from the largest Dash meetup group, led by Rion Gull.

For your verification:
Signature: HwzcSN1Aaji+mQeLJqiiHUEHTmN6zLiIjTFs5eP5/gMBNPhgUxFogFhl11ShuLIJB40m+DG5tU+JLhQWS6/Rzm8=

I participated in a recent Dash sponsored event, TEDx Salt Lake City, where we introduced over a thousand people to Dash through event sponsorship and a Dash giveaway. It is this very successful event, and my work with Rion and Alex, that inspired me to write this proposal.

Budget:
5 Dash - proposal fee

Feedback welcome.
Hi, I really hope Instant Send is back up and working when u do the giveaways. It's my favourite feature. It is just magical sending from one wallet to another with an immediate 5 locked confirmations. I love it.

...sigh... No rational answer to my claims...only stressed/stupid troll ratings.
The answer you seek has been given by the community elsewhere many times before.

So before you attempt to hijack this thread any further, I can simplify the answer to 2 words, the second of which is "off."

Bye demo.

@demo
lol.. So if the CEO of Dell showed up tomorrow and said he wanted to give dash to the people in his circles we should say no? The circles Tron is in is probably the top 1% of anybody involved in Dash. And you are really nitpicking the wording.

The sad thing is if every dash user gave dash to their all their friends we would probably have a higher success rate then any paper wallet giveaway as we would target a similar demographic to the current user base. People tend to hang out with like minded people. I'd love to give dash out to everyone i know, but having to prove everything and fight the systems of trust it's not worth it. It's also a crazy amount of work.

A user is a user. If he decided to give .1 dash to a friend, big deal. Dash is better off than it was before that. It's as if you are treating this proposal as if it came from a unknown hungry university student.

Anyway, you never know what comes of small actions. I had no idea i would randomly meet two significant holders of non-dash cryptos at the TEDxSLC event. I sure believe that both of them might become master-node holders after learning the ins and outs of dash. I'll probably never find out if they do buy masternodes, its none of my business either but i did my best to show the value of this community. Most people involved do care about the growth of Dash and we can only do our best. There are no guarantees but what is the other option, nothing?

@demo
lol.. So if the CEO of Dell showed up tomorrow and said he wanted to give dash to the people in his circles we should say no? The circles Tron is in is probably the top 1% of anybody involved in Dash. And you are really nitpicking the wording.

In that case, and if they are really the top 1%, then @Tron should convince them, and they should PAY and BUY dash.
Those top 1%, should not ask to get dash for free, like the beggars do.

@Tron, you can still save it. Change your wording. Give Dash to people inside AND outside your sphere of influence. Give dash to people who really need them, dont give Dash to greedy rich people who have the vice to behave like beggars.

Even better, why dont you organize a proof of individuality party? Those who participate in such parties, may be both inside and outside your sphere of influence.

Last edited:

Proposal:

Why me?

For your verification:

Budget:
5 Dash - proposal fee

Feedback welcome.
this is is great indeed , the way to grow is simple target the investors from the developed countries , and target average users in developing countries , thats what our proposal plans to do , please check that give your feedback thanks

Just reading this thread https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/which-altcoins-and-why from 3 years ago tells me you can do this very well.

This is what @Tron said about dash/darkcoin, 3 years ago:
Tron said:
Darkcoin
Darkcoin has everything going for it except its name. Like Monero and the other CryptoNote-based coins, it solves a huge problem -- the problem of transaction tracking eroding financial privacy. But the approach is different. It anonymizes coins through Masternodes which mix and denominate coins. Privacy is important and valuable, but even better is the new InstantX feature that solves another Bitcoin problem -- slow confirmation times. The Masternodes coordinate together in seconds to confirm transactions and prevent double-spends. Nearly instantaneous transactions make this coin perfect for retail points of sale. Great technology, but widespread adoption would be easier with a moniker less associated with the web’s underbelly.

These are my favorites altcoins currently, but I look forward to seeing new and innovative ideas, especially in the area of financial privacy.

Instantsend was Tron's favorite feature, a feature that has been recently proved buggy. Nobody knows when the bug will be fixed and when the feature will be enabled again. So please, “Don't talk about rope in a hanged man's house”.

Tron didnt said a single word about dash's key feature, governance. Or did I miss something?

Last edited:
Hi Tron, my name is August and I'm a university student studying Software Engineering. A few nights ago, we actually tried this idea with donations from the community and ended up introducing over 25 new students to Dash and got them set up with wallets and some starting Dash. It was extremely successful and the wallet started spreading throughout our dorm. I think you're on the same page here and I agree that a combination of these small acts can have a profound impact on the community. You have my support.

Thank you for the encouragement.

This is what @Tron said about dash/darkcoin, 3 years ago:

Instantsend was Tron's favorite feature, a feature that has been recently proved buggy. Nobody knows when the bug will be fixed and when the feature will be enabled again. So please, “Don't talk about rope in a hanged man's house”.

Tron didnt said a single word about dash's key feature, governance. Or did I miss something?
I fear I might be feeding a troll. But I'll address your two points for the sake of completeness.

1. I still like InstantSend. If it has a bug, I hope it is fixed quickly.
2. I like the governance model in Dash. At the time I wrote the article, governance was not as important. The arguments over the block size in bitcoin have brought governance to the forefront over the last two years or so. Kudos to Evan Duffield for adding governance to Darkcoin/Dash before the need for it was widely recognized.

I fear I might be feeding a troll. But I'll address your two points for the sake of completeness.

1. I still like InstantSend. If it has a bug, I hope it is fixed quickly.
2. I like the governance model in Dash. At the time I wrote the article, governance was not as important. The arguments over the block size in bitcoin have brought governance to the forefront over the last two years or so. Kudos to Evan Duffield for adding governance to Darkcoin/Dash before the need for it was widely recognized.

Governance was always important. But the stupids bitcoiners and the pathetic followers of Satoshi didnt understand that, and some of them still dont.

The fact that you recognize now how important governance is, it is a good sign. I hope you will teach people about cryptogovernance in case your proposal passes (MNOs are stupid, so there is still a chance for your proposal to pass, even if your plan is to give all the money to your friends).

Last edited:
And something else.
If you manage to fool the stupid MNOs, and your proposal is approved, dont bother to give the money to your friends, you can even get all the money for yourself!! Nobody will notice, I assure you on that!

Whenever a proposal passes from the budget, the stupid MNOs dont even care whether the project is done or not. We have plenty of examples, the biggest one being lamassu proposal where 7000 dash were lost. Cases of proposals approved and never accomplished are so many, that even myself have lost track! Investigating the unfinished approved proposals of the dash governance system, investigating how many dash have been lost or stolen from the budget , will be a PhD for the historians of the future.

So if you will teach your friends about Dash's governance, teach them also how to fool the stupid Masternode owners and get money from the budget (hints and tips: advertising, flattering words, beautifull people). Your friends will appreciate your advice.

Last edited:
Awesome Idea, i have been giving away my dash for a while. I think the targeting

who to give away is very important. My best target would be silver bugs who believes in

the sound money and also a good savers who will not squander it away. Second best target is

small business and farm owners.

When you give dash away, the recipient must be debt free! If Dash network can execute this well,

dash will grow great base economy where you can truly live off dash.

I am just an individual so there's much limit to execute this well. So if some group propose

this and execute this and I will be very happy and Dash will grow much stronger.

donation
XueXYzvxptGmCsmeLCdbrkmxbXmRxh7ikH

Back