• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal Discussion - OpenBazaar / Dash Integration

I am waiting for akhavr to give us a bit of an idea / guideline
I mentioned this here to the Core Team in our last conference call (and empahasized how important I think this is)
Evan knows a good Python guy who might be into it , we just need akhav as senior Python guys to give us a message 1st
(making progress)

I think I can make a "Mock Up" of how it should function for the user, if that is what akhavr was saying he needed. I've been fighting my windows machine which won't go online. This machine is mining, but I have that tutorial on how to set up P2pool for you. I just can't get on Slack :(. Maybe by tonight I'll be on. I'l either roll back Windows or get the thing to go online, hopefully. I've read some people rolled back and couldn't get online there either, so it's a last attempt kind of thing, LOL.

Yes, this is important and so is a decentralized exchange.

I GOT IT! Some oddball setting blocking internet! I'm back!!

Ok, started work on how the pages should work, and I'm using excel I hope that'll be good?

Here are 3 points of view I've listed so far. What a Buyer would want, what a Seller would want and what a Node server would want:

As a Buyer:

As a buyer, I want to see price in my country’s currency so I can relate to it

As a buyer, I want to know how much the item will cost to ship to me

As a buyer, I want to know the quality of the item

As a buyer, I want easy search with categories.

As a buyer, I want an easy way to contact the seller to ask questions

As a buyer, I want escrow so that I can at least keep seller from getting funds if I don’t get item.

As a buyer, I want to see what other items the seller has so I might combine shipping.

As a buyer, I want to see pictures, as many as the seller will take, so I can get a good idea of the quality

As a buyer, I want a clear description of the item, and a place where I can see, at a glance the main information:

1. Where the item will be shipped from

2. Is the item new or used

3. What condition is the item in

4. The price in my local currency (converted from Bitcoin or Dash)

5. Shipping options with prices in my local currency

As a buyer, I would like to see my orders, their shipping tracking information and if I’ve rated the seller and item yet.

As a buyer, I would like to read reviews from other buyers about this Seller and organize them by score, such as seeing all the negative scores and their comments. I would also like to see how long he/she has been selling on Open Bazaar.

As a buyer, I would like to see ratings on how well items were packaged, how fast they were sent out, and how helpful the seller was or other notes.

As a Seller:

As a seller, I want a storefront option where I can list all my items, all neatly categorized.

As a seller, I want an easy setup for my items, automatically formatted for me and free space to post many pictures

As a seller, I want flexibility so that I can make my item pages and my “store” look cohesive with my logos and colors, etc…

As a seller, I want my items to be easy to find via search words as well as categories – as many categories as I can.

As a seller, I want a picture up on the search page results

As a seller, I want exposure (maybe users can choose items they’d like to see when they login, a favorites, no “cookies” but rather private choice, and thus acts as advertisement for the seller)

As a seller, I want options, such as auctions.

As a seller, I want to choose which countries I will ship to

As a seller, I want to be able to get rid of my bad reviews by making things better with buyer, and having the buyer update that review (not set in stone – but only buyer/seller can change for that transaction)

As a seller, I want to be able to block a buyer with a bad reputation from purchasing my items (minimum stars? Minimum transactions?)

AS a seller, I want as many mailing options as possible and for the price to be automatically calculated for me, so that the buyer can see the price without having to contact me. And I would like it to be accurate.

As a seller, I would like to be able to contact the buyer to update on shipping or other issues, and keep those messages in an organized fashion for easy locating. This can be on my local machine.

As a seller, I would like to set the price of my item in my local currency so I know that my price is accurate at the time of sale, and if I need to, I can change to fiat quickly, reducing my exposure to the volatile alt market. This includes shipping costs.

As a seller, I would like to be able to keep a copy of my pages, locally is fine, so that if I have more of the same to sell, I can simply make minor changes to the listing

As a seller, if something happens to my item before I can ship it, I would like to be able to return or release the funds back to the buyer asap with apologies and for the buyer not to be able to give me a bad review beyond neutral.

As a seller, I would like to be allowed to respond to my reviews

As a Node Server:

As a Node Server, I would like to be compensated for hosting Open Bazaar and it’s resources.

As a Node Server, I don’t want to host any readable information so I can not be held accountable for what is put up for sale.

As a Node Server, I would like a reporting mechanism for reporting illegal and inappropriate items that would automatically be cancelled which would show that an effort is shown toward keeping OpenBazaar-Dash a safe and legal marketplace.

As a Node Server, I would like the Dash Foundation to get legal advice on the legality and depth of responsibility of running such a node, and how to minimize exposure. Then I would like to see those suggestions implemented.

Let me know what I should add to these lists please. I still need to prioritize them. What could they live without, etc... So as to come up with the most basic usable situation :)

I've decided I needed to get the most basic information, before I continue my mock up of the system.

Absolutely fantastic list, TanteStefana!

This might be an oddball suggestion, but I'll throw it out there anyway... As a buyer using a currency which can theoretically sever the connection between my payment and my identity, I would like some non-public purchasing option. I'm not even positive what this would exactly look like, let alone how it would be implemented, but I suppose I am imagining a purchasing option that permanently masks (or altogether removes) certain records from Order History after the transaction is complete. I think it would be an option a vendor could choose to enable or disable in their store/item auction, and then the buyer would get to choose what level of detail remains or gets blasted from record after transaction completion.

In execution, it would look something like this: I might not care if the world knows that I bought an item from your store, but I may not want any record publicly reported/stored at the platform-level about what that exact item was. Alternatively, I might want to leave feedback - public record of order and item, e.g. "Fast shipping! TanteStefana's widgets are always great!!" - but I might want my identity un-linked from that review/platform-level record.

I understand, Syntax360, but does that lessen the ability for the seller to know who judged him? And the opportunity to make it better? Some of these sellers do thousands of sales a week, it's hard to follow. Also, if you're using a pseudonym for this, it can be changed. But you, as the pseudonym will be judged at how you deal with people as well. Do you write bad reviews on everyone? Then the review can be given it's proper weight by the next buyer. If you're such an @sshole that people stop selling to you, or buying from you, you can try a new store, but you'll have to find someone to take a chance on you all over again. This, IMO is good, to be a little forgiving, but start from scratch.

So, I'd think the system would lose too much useful information. Also, rating the quality of the item is important as well. So... I'm sure your real identity, your address, etc... can be safely unstored, or encrypted if not, and later burned, but the ratings are the best way to develop trust in the system.

But, I'll put it on the list, when I get back :) Maybe if you could spell it out again, how I should write it?

and LOL, my list always says "As a ___" because it was helping me to focus, and pull ideas out of my head, so sorry for the repetition :p

I can't connect to it, and it seems they launched a year ago, so maybe the project failed? It sounds much the same as OpenBazaar? Any of them are simply not going to attract the mainstream. It's just WAY too hard to set up, it freaks most people out. We thrive on this stuff, they don't. If they can download an application, double click and install it, then run it, we have a chance. It should look like something familiar (ebay/etsy) and be just as easy if not easier to use. I think it could be easier to use because you have to make lots of choices that ebay wants to sell to you, it clutters things up and makes it confusing.

But I'm certain, I"m positive that if you give the people an easy way to buy and sell, they'll get over the buying bitcoin/dash thing. That's how much they hate ebay! I'm not saying it'll be super easy, we still have to get the word out, it'll take time to get enough good stuff for sale so that we can start dragging buyers in, but I think it can be done!

only works on 10.11
and i am not ready to update yet (am on 10.10)
:mad::what:

OH, so you can get the site to open up? Maybe my new windows 10 machine is blocking it for some reason?

I was writing back to you, when I abruptly went off line. So I'll try again :) I was trying to get to the website. Is that Mac only as well?

Oh good, it's opening now, Firfox also just updated. Maybe it was forcing me to log out? LOL. I just love windows ..... not!

Very interesting concept, but if it's an expensive item, it'd be hard to come up with 2X the price to let sit there for a couple of weeks or so! And the seller would also have to come up with the cost of the item. Hard to do on high priced item or lots of items, I'd think.

Again, complicated, too complex for the average ebayer. I think Dash's vision is to be used by the common people. But definitely an interesting idea!

The thing is, most ebay transactions go off without a hitch. People even by from new merchants. They are quite willing to take risks on low priced items. Low priced items are a great way to build up your reputation.

The main problem is going to be how to get into and out of Dash easily and cheaply.

tungfa Let us know what it's like! I don't have a mac. I hope it works on ipads etc... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not me :) Hey Tungfa, were you able to get 'er going?

downloaded
updated computer to 10.11 (not a fan of the newest versions)
installed
needed some new java thingi
installed
program started (nice and black)
and now (since a while) is
"syncing with bitmarket channels (this can take a while the first time)"

waiting
:rolleyes:

Edit: Still waiting
Edit2 : Still ...
i checked their reddit and such and posted some questions, lets see
3tHAfRI.png