Pre-Proposal Discussion: Dash to fund Tezos

Would you like dash to fund Tezos in order they instantiate dash in their platform?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

masternode

Mar 9, 2015
Legit project, very legit team. Arthur was VP at Morgan Stanley, after being at Goldman Sachs, Kathleen was Sr. Strategy at R3. Interesting idea, not to mention they plan to implement a governance model similar to Dash. Apparently have better language for coding smart contracts than ETH (I'm not a dev so I can't verify this). I expect to see good things from them.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
A Plan to Save Blockchain Democracy From Bitcoin’s Civil War

Through the Tezos voting system, stakeholders can also change the voting system. “We are not necessarily beholden to voting as a governance mechanism,” Breitman says. “Every part of the system can evolve, including the governance system itself.” He compares this means of self-correction to a constitutional amendment—another powerful idea in light of the conflict over bitcoin.
I have also proposed a self-correction system, in order to self-correct the two basic variables of every vote, the minimum participation and the selection process. This is what I call "the triple vote".

Last edited:

Technologov

Mar 5, 2017
Israel
Tezos is a self-amendment Nomic Bank that can instantiate any cryptocoin.
So they can instantiate dash.
Would you like dash to fund Tezos, in order they instantiate dash in their platform?
Why should we fund Tezos? What is it and why do you think it is beneficial for Dash users?

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Why should we fund Tezos? What is it and why do you think it is beneficial for Dash users?
Have you read the thread? Watch the videos.
Mainly because they want to make a self-amendment Nomic Bank.
Of course the concept of a self-amendment Nomic Bank is something that the stupids cannot understand.
The masternodes are totally stupid, the only thing they believe it worths to sponsor is feasts, amandas and MMA Fighters.

<vote history>
Would you like dash to fund Tezos in order they instantiate dash in their platform?
*yes 1 vote(s) 9.1%
no 9 vote(s) 81.8%
other 1 vote(s) 9.1%
</vote history>

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
https://twitter.com/tez0s/status/846789306165317632

:p:p:p:p

Beware. Stupids restricted zone.

https://tezos.com/pages/tech.html

Reservoir contract
We want to create a contract that stores tez until a timestamp T or a maximum amount N is reached. Whenever N is reached before T, all tokens are reversed to an account B (and the contract is automatically deleted). Any call to the contract's code performed after T will otherwise transfer the tokens to another account A.
We want to build this contract in a reusable manner, so we do not hard-code the parameters. Instead, we assume that the global data of the contract are (Pair (Pair T N) (Pair A B)).
Hence, the global data of the contract has the following type
Code:
'g =
  pair
   pair timestamp tez
   pair (contract unit unit) (contract unit unit)
Following the contract calling convention, the code is a lambda of type
Code:
lambda
  pair (pair tez unit) 'g
  pair unit 'g
writen as
Code:
lambda
  pair (pair tez unit)
   pair
     pair timestamp tez
  pair unit
   pair
     pair timestamp tez
The complete source reservoir.tz is:
Code:
parameter timestamp ;
storage
  pair
   (pair timestamp tez) # T N
   (pair (contract unit unit) (contract unit unit)) ; # A B
return unit ;
code
  { DUP ; CDAAR ; # T
   NOW ;
   COMPARE ; LE ;
   IF { DUP ; CDADR ; # N
        BALANCE ;
        COMPARE ; LE ;
        IF { CDR ; UNIT ; PAIR }
           { DUP ; CDDDR ; # B
             BALANCE ; UNIT ;
             DIIIP { CDR } ;
             TRANSFER_TOKENS ;
             PAIR } }
      { DUP ; CDDAR ; # A
        BALANCE ;
        UNIT ;
        DIIIP { CDR } ;
        TRANSFER_TOKENS ;
        PAIR } }

Last edited:

Technologov

Mar 5, 2017
Israel
If I understand correctly from their white-paper is that Tezos is about to upgrade production "stable" network with code that is already running in "testing" network.
I *may* support if, but only if they show how it can be applied to the Dash network.
Else what are the benefits for Dash ?

Any kind of academic development must be a bonus for Dash, or else it will not get funding.

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
If I understand correctly from their white-paper is that Tezos is about to upgrade production "stable" network with code that is already running in "testing" network.
I *may* support if, but only if they show how it can be applied to the Dash network.
Else what are the benefits for Dash ?

Any kind of academic development must be a bonus for Dash, or else it will not get funded by us.
Yeah yeah.....sponsoring academic development related to cryptocurrency governance is stupid. The smart thing is to sponsor MMA fighters :rolleyes:

Tezos people dont seem to care about Dash, neither they have ever propose smth here. You should go and beg them to help you.

Last edited:

Technologov

Mar 5, 2017
Israel
If you want, ask them to develop a "seamless upgrade layer" for Dash. If they do, I will be happy to vote yes to fund them.

If Dash network funds them, but they build their own alt-coin (Tez), what are the benefits for Dash users?

OK, I found something on their Twitter channel: https://twitter.com/tez0s

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
If you want, ask them to develop a "seamless upgrade layer" for Dash. If they do, I will be happy to vote yes to fund them.
No... first you vote, then they develop. Why someone to start developing something, if he is not sure that you want it?

Technologov

Mar 5, 2017
Israel
Do they agree to develop "seamless upgrade layer" for Dash ? If they agree, at least on paper, we will evaluate their pre-proposal and discuss it seriously.
There is a chance that they can get funded.

They will be able to start development right after they get a "yes" vote from the Masternodes. (in 3 weeks from now)

If they want our money, they will come here, for a pre-proposal and technical discussion.

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Do they agree to develop "seamless upgrade layer" for Dash ? If they agree, at least on paper, we will evaluate their pre-proposal and discuss it seriously.
There is a chance that they can get funded.
I am not a Tezos affiliate. I am just a poor Dash community member.
But I strongly believe that the Dash community should ask the help of those people.
On the other hand I dont dare to bother the Tezos people, as far as I see the result in the poll of this thread.

Technologov

Mar 5, 2017
Israel
>On the other hand I dont dare to bother the Tezos people, as far as I see the result in the poll of this thread.

Vote may change into positive YES, if we are convinced that they will develop a "seamless upgrade layer" for Dash, rather than brand new alt-coin (Tez).

Last edited:

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
>On the other hand I dont dare to bother the Tezos people, as far as I see the result in the poll of this thread.

Vote may change into positive YES, if we are convinced that they will develop a "seamless upgrade layer" for Dash, rather than brand new alt-coin (Tez).
They will develop nothing for Dash, unless we ask them.
And why ask them, as far as this pre-proposal has a negative NO result?

<vote history>
*yes 1 vote(s) 8.3%
no 10 vote(s) 83.3%
other 1 vote(s) 8.3%
</vote history>

Last edited:

Leonidas

Oct 22, 2016
Tezos or other coin actually would be a good idea if we look at how big successful company work : better own your competitors : coca-cola owns water, sprite, fanta, etc...

Only thing is I am not sure how juridically the network could fund or own another coin (or part of it), and how that could beneficiate its users/masternodes (monetarily speaking)

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Tezos or other coin actually would be a good idea if we look at how big successful company work : better own your competitors : coca-cola owns water, sprite, fanta, etc...

Only thing is I am not sure how juridically the network could fund or own another coin (or part of it), and how that could beneficiate its users/masternodes (monetarily speaking)
Good remarks.
Besides all this, the funding of a project and to just require for them to put your logo, it is a way to advertise.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
https://www.tezos.com/
The Tezos fundraiser is closed.
funds received:

65,697 BTC(XBT)
361,122 ETH

0 DASH
You can check your contribution at check.tezos.com

<vote history>
*yes 1 vote(s) 7.7%
no 11 vote(s) 84.6%
other 1 vote(s) 7.7%
</vote history>

Last edited:

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
Two years in the making and still nothing.

And if you read the whitepaper, you'd see they have special controls to rollback things if it doesn't quite work out the way they choose.

It's a nice idea but very poorly executed. It's going to end badly.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Two years in the making and still nothing.

And if you read the whitepaper, you'd see they have special controls to rollback things if it doesn't quite work out the way they choose.

It's a nice idea but very poorly executed. It's going to end badly.
They have a stable tezos version, which I succesfully compiled.
I have failed (until now) to compile their alphanet, but thats normal with the old computer I have.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.