• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DU-1 (USB Version Hashrate 9 MH/s , Releasing in Mid-May 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started my 4th DU-1 right now. It can work with it's own cgminer instance, but only at --dr1-clk 200. Not more. Not at even 250. My OS is Win7 x64.

p.s. but the hashing speed goes as low as 5 kH or as high as 1-2 GH after several minutes... :mad:

Let me know if you are able to get more than 3 DU-1s operating at once under Windows. I'm running Win10 and when I hook them all up, only three will actually process shares. The other two just spin. Doesn't matter what I do. I've even tried spawning multiple instances of the app with no luck. The 4th device and higher just sit there.

I've also been unsuccessful in getting these devices recognized by the PinIdea version of cgminer on RPi/Minera. If anyone has gotten them working on this platform, please let me know.

I also have a device that I've been unsuccessful at operating at anything above 300. It will process shares if I specify a clock freq of 300 or below. At 400, both leds blink so fast that they are almost constant.

Last edited:
I have started my 4th DU-1 right now. It can work with it's own cgminer instance, but only at --dr1-clk 200. Not more. Not at even 250. My OS is Win7 x64.

p.s. but the hashing speed goes as low as 5 kH or as high as 1-2 GH after several minutes... :mad:

In my brief experience, that fluctuation you see means it's not really hashing. This is what was happening to me under Win10 x64. Cgminer recognizes the device but really it doesn't work. I was able to get them all running by installing the unsigned driver from PinIdea.

I have only gotten cgminer on Win to run if I specify frequencies in round hundred numbers (200, 300, 400). I does not run for me if I specify freqs such as 225, 350, etc.

Can any of the issues be attributed to not enough bandwidth through routers, modems or ISP speeds ? Generally poor equipment problems ?

Well.

One DOA. Lights up, fan spins, zero hash no matter the clk setting.

The the other four won't hash on 400 (solid green lights display).

After several attempts I was able to get three going on my pi 3 and one on my win 10 machine. I tested all on my 10 and found said DOA one :(.

I have the three connected to the pi with a Anker PowerPort 10 power supply (output of 1.4 A minimum to a max of 2.4 A per a port) - more than enough to run five of these. Sadly connecting a fourth magically can't run (solid green lights), yet hooking it up to my win 10 runs okay?

Drivers are configured with the release located on git.

Anyways some pics:

From the github docs I noticed the 200 clock setting is only for Windows running USB. Linux running USB has clock of 400. I tried to install on Ubuntu but I didn't see the related ports in the /dev folder as
/dev/ttyUSB0 etc. I even downloaded the drivers and compiled them using make. In Linux/Ubuntu does the system auto detect the DU-1 or do you have to tell the system to look for it? Any pointers from the Linux crowd?

I did install the unsigned driver on Windows 10 but there is no real difference in performance and I still have a few that won't even start mining.

.....and I still haven't heard anything about my 10 miner order.
Maybe that's a good thing, perhaps yours will be better if they have seen all this feedback, I would find it hard to believe they would blindly continue to deliver problems instead of doing something to look into the matter, how good would this be for future business. I think they have hit a snag that wasn't obvious on earlier test units and with those they may have been lucky without realizing it and put too much faith in those results. If they want to sell other types of miner products then I feel the silent time is being spent furiously working thru the issues and with a possible reprogram where needed.Who would buy their big gun if the little ones were all problematic and nothing got done about it. If they can make a complex product that "sort of" works then I think the extra mile takes an effort but is reachable. Look at the development of these things, pretty darn quick and very few technical things are offered so quickly, they would be learning from these experiences too. When I am stuck on some programming issue, I hate it when the phone rings, I hate distracting emails. They will sort it in some amicable way and get back to us.

From the github docs I noticed the 200 clock setting is only for Windows running USB. Linux running USB has clock of 400. I tried to install on Ubuntu but I didn't see the related ports in the /dev folder as
/dev/ttyUSB0 etc. I even downloaded the drivers and compiled them using make. In Linux/Ubuntu does the system auto detect the DU-1 or do you have to tell the system to look for it? Any pointers from the Linux crowd?

I did install the unsigned driver on Windows 10 but there is no real difference in performance and I still have a few that won't even start mining.

From what I can tell, autoscan of serial ports does not work under Win or Linux. Just specify the ports (e.g., -S //./COM3). For the ones that you can't get to start, did you try running a single miner as the only connected device?

Someone did tell me the following regarding their Linux troubleshooting:

"Even when running cgminer as root with sudo, I didn't have read/write access to /dev/ACM0 (or whatever your port is). cgminer would not give me any errors, it would just quit. I had to manually execute "chmod 777 /dev/ttyACM0" or add myself to the "dialout" group. Strange that it didn't work even as root, however..."

In Linux/Ubuntu does the system auto detect the DU-1 or do you have to tell the system to look for it? Any pointers from the Linux crowd?

If you're having issues locating the correct USB. Unplug the unit and plug it back in then open up a terminal and type dmesg. You should see something along these lines:

Code:
New USB device found

Followed by whatever port it gets assigned (for me ttyACMx - x is the number 0-4). This port may not be ttyACM.

Code:
cdc acm 1-1.3:1.0: ttyAMC0: USB ACM device

As I was asked how I ran three in one instant of cgminer on my pi here is the code, remember to change ttyACMx to whatever is assigned to it:

Code:
./cgminer --x11 -o "stratum+tcp://url:port" -u user -p x --dr1-clk 400 --dr1-fan LV4 --dr1-scan-serial /dev/ttyAMC0 --dr1-scan-serial /dev/ttyAMC1 --dr1-scan-serial /dev/ttyAMC2 --du1

As I cannot get the auto scan to work......

Received 5 DU-1s today. The cables from manufacturer are complete garbage! The 0.6m one from SSK is much better - all 5 run @ 400. With stock one - only 2, 2 was @ 300 and one @ 200 only. So - +5V injection will be the good thing and cable replacement is a todo!

Received 5 DU-1s today. The cables from manufacturer are complete garbage! The 0.6m one from SSK is much better - all 5 run @ 400. With stock one - only 2, 2 was @ 300 and one @ 200 only. So - +5V injection will be the good thing and cable replacement is a todo!

That may be the cause to my current issue with one running at 300 while the other three are at 400. Thanks. Could you ping me what you cables you have?

OK first why are later orders getting there's before earlier orders?
I'd myself #100 and still waiting but #126 got there's?
2nd if the issues are the reason they suspended shipping then why no answer?
3rd why the sudden lack of response?

I the kind of person stuff happens, demand out ways supplies, last minute issue causing delays to name a few. I am fine with this as long as someone from pinidea says something.

OMG, used my phone charge cable and able to run one @400 MHz even without additional power :eek: And other which not worked at all, run @300 now.

Last edited:
Well I swapped out the supplied connector with several others I had laying about including one for my note 4. Didn't help with my DOA one. Still displaying two solid green lights, no change even if idle. Did work for the unit that could only run at 300, now running at 400.

So now I have four running off my pi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back