• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Nominate Projects for the Developer Bounty Fund. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertoe

Three of Nine
I think we need more developer power and we should try to realize some projects via bounties.

I suggest the following procedure:
  1. Nominating projects within 7 days. Name your most wanted darkcoin project and I will compile a list.
  2. Voting for projects within 7 days here on DCT.
  3. Raising funds for the selected project from the community (and maybe the foundation?) and research potential developers and estimate requirements and define specifications to claim the bounty.
  4. The first who realizes everything required for the selected project gets the bounty.
All bounty-funded projects must be open source!

I personally nominate
  • Electrum-DRK 2.0 (w/ BIP44 TREZOR support)
  • Multisignature Webwallet (BIP32 HD wallet, similar to bitgo.com)
  • Insight-DRK Blockexplorer (including insight-drk, insight-drk-api, darkcore)
Please do not nominate more than three projects, we can only realize one project at a time.
Please do not nominate projects which are already nominated, this is no vote yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current list of nominations:
  • Electrum-DRK Wallet
  • Multibit-DRK Wallet
  • Armory-DRK Wallet
  • Multisignature Webwallet
  • Insight-DRK Live Blockexplorer

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to nominate
  • MultiDRK wallet. Afaik the multibit HD is not available yet but it's been an ongoing project and will be something DRK can adopt when it's ready. I think it's a nice light-weight HD wallet for mainstream and be useful when DRK block chain becomes larger and larger.
Quote from https://github.com/bitcoin-solutions/multibit-hd
"MultiBit HD (MBHD)
A desktop Hierarchical Deterministic Wallet (HDW) for Bitcoin using the Simplified Payment Verification (SPV) mode to provide very fast blockchain synchronization.

The target audience is "international mainstream" which compels the user interface to remain as simple and consistent as possible while still retaining advanced capabilities under the covers.

Support for external hardware wallets (such as the Trezor) is available through the MultiBit Hardware project."

Their site: https://multibit.org/blog/2014/08/13/multibit-hd-is-now-open-source.html

Electrum DRK for me. I use only Electrum and it's the one coin I can't do this with.

sorry i do not understand ?
He means that the Core wallet is maintained by the Core Devs (like it happens with BTC) and this is for other projects outside of that.

Edit: This means that this fund is not being set up to pay the Core Devs for the work they are already doing, this is for new work done by any developer

He means that the Core wallet is maintained by the Core Devs (like it happens with BTC) and this is for other projects outside of that.

Edit: This means that this fund is not being set up to pay the Core Devs for the work they are already doing, this is for new work done by any developer
To pay the core devs we need to find another solution ;-)
Yes, this is for additional projects.

sorry i do not understand ?
tungfa , think of some toys for DRK! Some really cool, badass toys! :grin:

Our core devs on the dev team are taking care of the Darkcoin Core stuff, but we need more devs to do more innovation and now is your chance to think what you would like to see happen! :grin:

:sad:

Edit:
i do not want to derail this thread so i let this be
thats why fernando

Last edited by a moderator:
- Redesign of QT Wallet
(Revamp this Thread)
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-17#post-33877

Mainstream adoption needs some color and a good (visual) wallet
Mainstream adoption needs a light-weight, easy-to-use wallet that may or may not have DS and MN features. I prefer no DS and MN, something simple for users who just want a wallet to spend their money on a betting site or any shopping store. And the Hierarchical Deterministic feature will be a plus to help them if they lose their passwords.

Masternode Monitoring App for Mac/PC - iOS / Android

I'd like to see some work regarding blockchain pruning. It's on the protocol level (if we do not want it to be centralized), yet it is not a direct work on the core client, so does this count? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back