• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New website discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos for doing the Masternode visualizer without scripts from Google
icon_thumbsup.gif
:)

This is just my opinion but with regards to the tagline under the main heading:

The first truly decentralized digital money system

I've always felt the buzzword "decentralized" is a word that most 'ordinary' people just can't quite resonate with. It doesn't mean much to them like it does to us. So I think highlighting being "the first" in a hard-to-relate quality is an ineffective picture-painter for the minds of visitors. Thus, all of this assuming a target demographic more so of laypersons, I think a simple reword to:

A revolutionary digital money system

might better serve the face of Dash

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Please keep it coming.

-Sliders - yes these need tweaking to get the behaviour correct and probably add scroll buttons to make it obvious
-Terminology - yep
-Tag line - yes, would be good to improve the wording especially on the homepage, and the lead section: "Dash is digital cash you can spend online" and the paragraph below it
- source code link - that's the correct link when we go live and relocate from Perry's account
- other items - the 10 i mentioned above are the main ones but we also have a lot more minor items tracked internally

The best contributions right now would be on the HTML/CSS/JS side so just a reminder if you can contribute to finish some of these items, welcome to join in here: https://github.com/perrywoodin/dash-website

I won't be around much the next 2 days then I need to catch up on Evo projects (as do @Joshua and @0xfff) but hopefully with the bulk of this new site done it should be easy to finish the remaining items, us Evo devs will reduce our time on this project but I think one of the PMs can step in to help get to live launch with the remaining devs and the new hires, and @tungfa is tracking additional issues we find and working on the content side and with the translators.

Overall the plan is really to just complete the remaining items and tie this into the 12.1 launch over the next month so we have a bit of time to get everything right.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited:
Just a note on Merchant adoption and things in the new site to help this along potentially (and @TanteStefana relating to what you have been saying recently)

1. Merchant directory - http://www-test.dash.org/merchants/

The idea here is to list all the merchants who accept Dash and categorize them to make it easier for Dash users to discover and use merchants/services that take Dash. Existing Dash users know to visit that page for an upto date list, and new users have a top level item to make this easier to find. At the same time, give merchants links to all our integration tools to make the integration process easier, and give them a listing in the directory to help drive Dash users to them.

2. Featured Merchants - "Shop direct with Dash" section on the homepage http://www-test.dash.org/

In this section we can feature new or popular merchants, to help drive landing page traffic to these merchants and give them another small incentive to integrate Dash and get listed there. We need to be fair and rotate these so we don't promote any particular merchant service.

So...the community can help by a) finding new merchants and pointing them to the site / integration helpers when it goes live and b) helping finding existing Dash merchants so we can get them listed, and also see if they have any issues or need any help. c) any better ideas or anything else you think can help :)

The system we're working on for Evolution will automate this whole process so we can reach a lot wider audience of merchants / consumers without a manual overhead, but for now see this as a 'static' version and if people have time to increase merchant adoption right now using this kind of strategy then why not? :) (plus when we launch Evolution we can add all these merchants to the system and for the larger ones work with them / learn from them by getting them on the Evo platform early)

Cheers
Andy

Last edited:
I like the new design!
I don't know why but the "!" after "Dash is Digital Cash" makes me feel like assaulted, or looks like a scam, but it's just a feeling.

What can I do to help on french translation? Who is in charge of it?

Hi, I'm using a normal sized iPad to view the test site.

When u click the The 'discussion' button under the 'social' heading the following are displayed :

Google+ / Twitter / Facebook

YouTube is only visible if you scroll using the right hand arrow.

Please change this level of prominence!

Google+ is a ghost town. No one is there!

YouTube is where it's at and Amanda/Dash Detailed is our biggest new user recruiter.

Please give YouTube the prime position on this page.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm using a normal sized iPad to view the test site.

When u click the The 'discussion' button under the 'social' heading the following are displayed :

Google+ / Twitter / Facebook

YouTube is only visible if you scroll using the right hand arrow.

Please change this level of prominence!

Google+ is a ghost town. No one is there!

YouTube is where it's at and Amanda/Dash Detailed is our biggest new user recruiter.

Please give YouTube the prime position on this page.

Thanks!

i think we are pointing to the wrong G+
have to double check when back on computer

discussion
well twitter , FB are the most active - YT is not really a discussion link - more a learning page
i check it later - tx - keep the ideas coming

I like the new design!
I don't know why but the "!" after "Dash is Digital Cash" makes me feel like assaulted, or looks like a scam, but it's just a feeling.

What can I do to help on french translation? Who is in charge of it?

interesting
(we definitely do NOT wanna assault you or anybody else )
i look into it - tx

french is already in the works
tx for the offer

i think we are pointing to the wrong G+
have to double check when back on computer

discussion
well twitter , FB are the most active - YT is not really a discussion link - more a learning page
i check it later - tx - keep the ideas coming

Well,

YouTube is definitely a social media ap.

But on the new website it's hidden behind Facebook and Twitter (ok fair enough) but Google + should not be given prominence over youtube. I think we are missing an open goal if YouTube is not displayed clearly on this page.

Btw, did you know YouTube has for quite some time now been the second biggest search engine in the world? It is only surpassed by google search.

Anyway, google + is a failed social media experiment.

It should not be given the prominent position on our social media apps page.

(I think it makes us look a bit dumb, because it calls our judgement of what is and what is not of importance into question.)

Thanks,

Super8

Hey,
There are some discussions about "bugs" in Russian Dash Telegram chat.
Some screenshots from there:
69c4d0d749a8.jpg

0e115477d2eb.jpg

ddfef949f0ed.jpg

531c3e1c51c9.jpg

Thank you for all the reported issues! We are working on them one after another.
Please be informed that a new version of the test website (with part of the identified issues fixed) is released. Please keep posting your feedback in this thread.
Thank you :)

The following merchants appear to be no longer operational.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.15.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.15.54 AM.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.16.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.16.28 AM.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.16.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.16.59 AM.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.18.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 11.18.30 AM.png