• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode Android Monitor

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
I've been working on an Android app to monitor Masternode status and payments. I've seen that there are a few really good tools appearing now that people are making to do the same job and I'm wondering if it's worth carrying on with it.

Would there be much demand for MN info on a mobile device? Notifications on MN status and payments received?

Here are some images of where I am so far. http://imgur.com/a/moTId

It is using elberethzone's amazing work to get the data, which would be made clear in the app.

Hell yes mate, carry on, it's all good - the more everyone makes the more we all learn about what's useful, what's needed and how to go about doing it. :smile:

Would be amazing if even a few people found it useful. I use some tools that people here have created, and had a lot of real helpful advice and knowledge. Would be good to pay it back!

I'll get some loose ends tied up and publish then. Maybe get some feedback from you guys while I work on MN payment and status notifications for v2.

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep going ! It is all good !
Sure there are more and more pages popping up doing the same thing, but as an app you are definitely standing out.
Picture looks great, and remember these are the 1st steps, in a couple of month you will have
- Payments
- MN GPS
- international stats
- links to NADAQ and US$ rates
- ......>
:wink:

This is amazing! I would certainly use it. Like if you get a notification once the payment was received! :)

Thanks everyone!

BiteMyShinyMetalAss I got notifications working last night. Everything is now working great, but on the press of a refresh button. I'm going to work on having everything running from a scheduled background task now. Hoping to publish tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Link below to Play Store for download. I have left some features out like status and IP from elberethzone's site, but will have them back in and working on next update.

This version you can add as many Masternodes as you want and it will list them and show balances. You can manually refresh and check for payment or press start notify and it will check every 15 mins in the background.

Known bugs that I'm working on are crashing out if blank address used when adding Masternode (you must force quit if you ever put blank address in) and no validation that address is a legit Masternode address. Hopefully some of you guys will find it useful and let me know any problems or any thing I can do to improve it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.betty8080.mymasternodes

really awesome, just downloaded and no issues so far. It checks at 15 minute intervals, is it possible to change that? I mean for someone running 1 masternode its not really necessary right? Maybe like every 12 hours would be fine.

really awesome, just downloaded and no issues so far. It checks at 15 minute intervals, is it possible to change that? I mean for someone running 1 masternode its not really necessary right? Maybe like every 12 hours would be fine.
Yeh, I agree. I'm just working on having a user set variable for checking. Maybe select from half hour, hour, 4 times a day, twice a day, once a day? I'm putting a symbol on the summary screen too which will let you know if the background service has been run or not. I keep forgetting if I've pressed the button or not.

Or even better... You could use a web socket to send a notification. Or even use a background service and have push notifications sent to the device?

Or even better... You could use a web socket to send a notification. Or even use a background service and have push notifications sent to the device?

Not really sure what web sockets are. Will have a read today though if you think they could be a good idea.

I think if you had a background service on a windows box exposing sockets over http. Each client device could subscribe to that and then you could push notifications to it in real time. Eliminates each device polling.

I'm going to setup a service that will parse the block chain and offer a similar service to users who re interested in getting an event when a transaction occurs via websockets

When this is done you could hook into this. You'd simply register the addresses that your interested in and I'll notify you when a transaction occurs.

Reduced network traffic all round. :). No more polling every x minutes.

This is a great app. Simple, no need for scripts and sms. Absolutely perfect man!
Would like to report though it crashes when you hit refresh button on an empty masternode list :) After I added my node it works like a charm.

This is a great app. Simple, no need for scripts and sms. Absolutely perfect man!
Would like to report though it crashes when you hit refresh button on an empty masternode list :) After I added my node it works like a charm.
Cheers Mate, and thanks for the bug report too. I have just stopped the app letting you add blank addresses. Will get on this now. Should have an update ready by tomorrow.

Just downloaded and set up for my masternodes. Looking great.

You prob know already but if you click OK by accident before pasting in a masternode address when adding a masternode there is an unhandled exception.

You prob know already but if you click OK by accident before pasting in a masternode address when adding a masternode there is an unhandled exception.

Yeh, cheers. That is fixed now. Was thinking about as well as stopping you add blank addresses, having the app only let you add legitimate MN addresses. I do put other wallet addresses in though so I can get notifications on those receiving payments, not just Masternode payments.

Back