Masternode Android Monitor

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Hey guys, just to let you know, I made a big update to the app with few more features and different UI. Thanks to TaoOfSatoshi , Raptor73 & stonehedge for giving me a hand testing and coming up with ideas.

I lost the key to sign the apk for the original app :oops:, so had to create a complete new one, which you can find here.
Dam is that cool
now I just need an Android :sad:

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
Hey guys, just to let you know, I made a big update to the app with few more features and different UI. Thanks to TaoOfSatoshi , Raptor73 & stonehedge for giving me a hand testing and coming up with ideas.

I lost the key to sign the apk for the original app :oops:, so had to create a complete new one, which you can find here.
Sweet news, I RT'd you from the official and Dalmatian accounts!

Dam is that cool
now I just need an Android :sad:
Maybe he could try to code with an Apple? :eek:

splawik21

Grizzled Member
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Apr 8, 2014
Didn`t installed it but from screenshoots look great!!!

Reactions: calnaughtonjnr

Darkuopm

Jun 18, 2014
Awesome work. I downloaded it from play store but it says my master node address is not a valid address. I am imputing it manually as 108.61.xxx.xxx. Any ideas or a tip on how to use the bar code scanner. Thanks

**EDit. I used an online qr code creator t0 make a qr code with my address in it. And the scanner found the code ok but then it says unfortunately my masternodes has stopped I hit ok and get returned to the start page of the app.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy s4 with Verizon

** Never mind I am a retard. I was thinking IP address instead of actual block chain address. I would delete this post but maybe someone else will find it useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
May 25, 2014
Awesome work. I downloaded it from play store but it says my master node address is not a valid address. I am imputing it manually as 108.61.xxx.xxx. Any ideas or a tip on how to use the bar code scanner. Thanks

**EDit. I used an online qr code creator t0 make a qr code with my address in it. And the scanner found the code ok but then it says unfortunately my masternodes has stopped I hit ok and get returned to the start page of the app.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy s4 with Verizon

** Never mind I am a retard. I was thinking IP address instead of actual block chain address. I would delete this post but maybe someone else will find it useful.
Hey, no worries. If you want, you can get the qr code from your wallet. Just go to receive, tick the box saying reuse an existing address, click request payment, then double click your MN address. Not sure if that's the best way to do it, but I always go that way.

Im not the best Android developer. This is only the 2nd app I've done. I've tried to cover all my bases so crashes don't happen, but if you do get any more, please let me know.

Darkuopm

Jun 18, 2014
Hey, no worries. If you want, you can get the qr code from your wallet. Just go to receive, tick the box saying reuse an existing address, click request payment, then double click your MN address. Not sure if that's the best way to do it, but I always go that way.

Im not the best Android developer. This is only the 2nd app I've done. I've tried to cover all my bases so crashes don't happen, but if you do get any more, please let me know.
Once I figured it out it worked great. Im very excited. I like how simple it is. I keep my wallets locked away and only get them out when I have to. I have links saved to my browser shortcut bar that take me to the block-chain explorer for each address. I copied the address there and then input it into a simple web based free qr code creator and scanned the screen. It worked great and only took a few min to add 5 MN. Again Great work.

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
May 25, 2014
Cheers mate. Really appreciate it! :D

And if you can think of any features that would be useful to you, I'd love to hear them.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
anybody knows who is running the Android Wallet ?
are they on DCT too ?

calnaughtonjnr not you correct ?

Edit: emailed them direct

Last edited by a moderator:

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Well out of my league mate. :tongue:
lol
no worries
they actually replied already
good news for all the android peeps

email quote:
I am aware of the Dash rebranding. I am in the middle of an upgrade for the Android Wallet, which includes importing the latest updates from Bitcoin Wallet 4.0 and I was also working on getting InstantX working.

The instantX feature may take a while longer, so I will put that on hold and get the Dash rebranding finished first.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
lol
no worries
they actually replied already
good news for all the android peeps

email quote:
I am aware of the Dash rebranding. I am in the middle of an upgrade for the Android Wallet, which includes importing the latest updates from Bitcoin Wallet 4.0 and I was also working on getting InstantX working.

The instantX feature may take a while longer, so I will put that on hold and get the Dash rebranding finished first.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/android-wallet.383/page-4#post-48918 :)

Reactions: tungfa

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
May 25, 2014
calnaughtonjnr Great job with the new mmpro version! Much more stable, and your holdings appear each time now.
Thanks Tao! That means a lot. :D

Still learning everyday, so will try and improve it further still. Thankfully we've got some real clever, helpful folks here on dashtalk for me to ask questions to, otherwise I would have no chance.

Update coming to the test group shortly with some more stats for each MN and a clearer MN list view.

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
May 25, 2014
calnaughtonjnr I zeroed out my masternode balances and performed a refresh on your app the next day. The arrow looked like it was updating, but at the end, the balances stayed the same.

I waited another day only to have the same result.

Hope you can get to the bottom of that!

Cheers,

Tao
Hi Tao

Could you pm me one or two of the addresses please mate?

Reactions: TaoOfSatoshi

calnaughtonjnr

Foundation Member
May 25, 2014
Sure, bro!

XbfdZ6ptLZChaJnpgkffhCwKDAcY4AsGqB

XtnuWsW6f87yfcB9vj9Dw46LsV3hbNSm7V
Nice one. Just on way to work. Will get back to you asap. If you can wait, I've got a beta to upload with some new features. Will only be an hour away from getting that to you.