• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

January 2016 Budget Proposal

We are averaging around 700-950 votes per proposal until these recent proposals, which is most certainly not 40%.

I see the similarities in political elections but I don't think they are the same. I don't have any reason why other than the fact that I don't vote and don't really care to vote in political elections, but I do care about this project and actively participating in my role.

Evan said it best in some of his recent interviews when he called masternode owners "employees" of the network. Would you hire an employee who doesn't do her job? I wouldnt.

well
how do you wanna 'force' that ?
no MN payment if not voted for 4 weeks ?
can not :wink:

I don't have a solution other than raising my voice to build awareness in an attempt to create discussion. I enjoy the clap clap comments but the painting is on the walls and often times we just brush it off.

1) coordinate with marketing team to promote the budget via all channels to ensure masternode operators are aware of the new budget proposals. We have funding for marketing, use it.

2) make the official budget proposal announcement not on these forums or bct, but rather on the press page at dash.org. link that page via all social media networks you run.

3) create some kind of anonymous notification system where operators can be notified of new proposals.

4) tell the whales to vote. It's easy over at www.dashwhale.org

1) coordinate with marketing team to promote the budget via all channels to ensure masternode operators are aware of the new budget proposals. We have funding for marketing, use it.
We are blasting this out through all channels incl 'Please Vote' reminders

2) make the official budget proposal announcement not on these forums or bct, but rather on the press page at dash.org. link that page via all social media networks you run.
100% agree !
All official News, Annoucments, releases,... should come over dash.org
(we are missing out on so many hits)

3) create some kind of anonymous notification system where operators can be notified of new proposals.
trust me they know, they just do not vote !

ok :
" Hey Whales ! Yes YOU , go and vote please "
:wink:

Hi I don't post on here very much, but one of the proposals has me a bit concerned so I thought I should vocalize my thoughts.

While Michael Terpin does appear to have good credentials in PR and while he may be connected to major publications like the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times, I'm far from convinced he will be able to deliver DASH publicity to these sorts of major financial publications mostly because no one to date (from what I've seen) has managed to get any real publicity for ANY Altcoin in a major publication like those. Keep in mind that even Ripple (#2 market cap after BTC) which was massively funded and welcomed by some banks hasn't been able to get any sort of major publicity beyond Bitcoin outlets other than an occasional mention on a wsj blog post in which Ripple wasn't even the focus. So how are we to believe that Michael will deliver this for DASH? I think there is a very low probability that he can deliver this.

I'm not opposed to letting Micheal try to leverage his contacts to see if he can deliver, but to sign with them for 3 months at $6k per month to me seems excessive without having any sort of guarantee that his reach will go beyond what we can easily get ourselves today (Coindesk, Coin Telegraph, etc.).

I seriously think we should either consider using him for 1 month to see what he delivers, or structure the deal in such a way were he only gets his full fee if he meets certain deliverables (i.e. WSJ, NYT, etc.). If he's as effective as he is selling us that he is, then this shouldn't be a problem. And if he doesn't deliver, well then we aren't out $18k (maybe some lesser amount like $6k for his time and work). Those are my thoughts on that.

On the other hand, I think the Lamassu opportunity is fantastic and I'm excited to see how that turns out!

-Ed

We are averaging around 700-950 votes per proposal until these recent proposals, which is most certainly not 40%.

I see the similarities in political elections but I don't think they are the same. I don't have any reason why other than the fact that I don't vote and don't really care to vote in political elections, but I do care about this project and actively participating in my role.

Evan said it best in some of his recent interviews when he called masternode owners "employees" of the network. Would you hire an employee who doesn't do her job? I wouldnt.

I think what you are missing is that the system is designed to resolve conflict and the community is a pretty united front at the moment. The project is making progress and gaining momentum so it makes sense that there is not a lot of controversy around what is being done.

From my perspective voting is a right not an obligation, I think people at the moment feel pretty happy with the way things are going and thus if a proposal they agree with has already passed they may just watch from the sidelines. Lets hope that we don't get to a more controversial situation that divides the community but if we ever do I think you would see a larger percentage of participation happen, is like a veto power the operators are not really exercising while we are all in general terms happy and watching the project exceed expectations.

He's a thankin! I like this one, mommy can I keep him?

Evan,
What is the progress on InstantX for the android mobile wallet? This is a requirement for ATMs and any point of sale terminals. We also have a use for this with a project we are doing for Miami and have asked fulltimegeek for help, but no update in the last 2 weeks. This should be a priority.

I would suggest we dissolve the public awareness proposal. We now have overlapping proposals with Transform PR. We should switch to voting in proposals individually. DailyDecrypt, events, conferences, Transform PR, can all be voted on individually. The public awareness team has also not provided any details how the funding up to date has been allocated or any anticipated future uses(except Transform PR). Specifically what advertising is included and what is not and why the DailyDecrypt not in the public awareness but Transform PR is?

Great news with the ATM integration. Dash is a perfect fit!

You do realize I officially joined dev team on December 25th right (4 days ago)? You think it's as easy as adding one line of code to make that work? I'm still working on coverting Bitcoinj to work as a Dash SPV wallet for Android. Once I get that working then IX implementation. Also, it's not like I'm being paid fortunes to do this (70 Dash), I'm mostly doing it for education and fun. I rather not even get paid by budgeting system if it'll lead to political strife.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realize I officially joined dev team on December 25th right (4 days ago)? You think it's as easy as adding one line of code to make that work? I'm still working on coverting Bitcoinj to work as a Dash SPV wallet for Android. Once I get that working then IX implementation. Also, it's like I'm being paid fortunes to do this (70 Dash), I'm mostly doing it for education and fun. I rather not even get paid by budgeting system if it'll lead to political strife.

Keep doing your thang boo boo, we still love you! (No really, we appreciate you.)

Thanks for all the hard work good sir.

You do realize I officially joined dev team on December 25th right (4 days ago)? You think it's as easy as adding one line of code to make that work? I'm still working on coverting Bitcoinj to work as a Dash SPV wallet for Android. Once I get that working then IX implementation. Also, it's not like I'm being paid fortunes to do this (70 Dash), I'm mostly doing it for education and fun. I rather not even get paid by budgeting system if it'll lead to political strife.

There will always be na-sayers and political strife
You desire every DASH you get, an than some

Good to have you aboard - THX !!!

Sorry, I didn't mean to throw you under the bus. I also said on the last proposal announcement that we should be focusing on mobile wallets first vs the stuff that needs them.

I know what you are doing isn't easy and will be a ton of work. We are coming up to 3 weeks from Miami and this will be crucial for publicity to get mobile instantx working. If you need a tester, I would be happy to help. If you want additional support(maybe moocowmoo for python stuff) please ask so we can make this happen by the 21st. Moocowmoo has also done most of the code to confirm receipt of instantX transactions and might be a big help.

I'll stay out of your way, or support you in anyway I can. Thanks for your help.

We implemented a new feature to allow immediate notification (email, mobile phone or slack) in case a new budget proposal pops up. Just enable the proposal notifications at the section "My Account" => "Notifications" => "Edit notification".

https://www.dashwhale.org

e9OxBbH.png

:wink:

Thank you to those answering questions from community members. It's important not to take offense when people ask the tuff questions, we can't all be "yes men".

This is all great news, way beyond anything I thought we were up to at this point.

I do have a recurring question I haven't managed to get answered though: what have all previous advertising budgets up to December been spent on? That is like 20k+ and I haven't seen an accounting of that. Sorry if I missed that post about it, but would be happy to hear back from someone in the know.

Pablo.

But this question didn't get a respose and I'm also wondering.

Thank you to those answering questions from community members. It's important not to take offense when people ask the tuff questions, we can't all be "yes men".

But this question didn't get a respose and I'm also wondering.

Hi buster, thanks for bringing this to our attention, I am working on a summary of the public awareness investments so far. I should have it out soon so we can all end the year on the same page. One important thing that I think is known by most but we should remember, is that the system did not pay the budget out in December so we are talking about 3 months of funding. It has been a little crazy with the holidays and coordinating the recent projects but I should have my summary done soon and I will publish it here on the forum. Cheers.

Hi buster, thanks for bringing this to our attention, I am working on a summary of the public awareness investments so far. I should have it out soon so we can all end the year on the same page. One important thing that I think is known by most but we should remember, is that the system did not pay the budget out in December so we are talking about 3 months of funding. It has been a little crazy with the holidays and coordinating the recent projects but I should have my summary done soon and I will publish it here on the forum. Cheers.

You know who to call when you need new employees! :p

Back