Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash Miner

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussions (ASIC / GPU / CPU)' started by iBeLink, Feb 18, 2016.

1. iBeLink_1

iBeLink_1 Active Member

How many miner always could not run above 1 day? Could you send the pic of homepage to our email: [email protected] ?
    We will debug your miner with you together.

2. iBeLink_1

iBeLink_1 Active Member

Could you send the pic of homepage to our email: [email protected] ?
    Thanks

3. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    XhyHv1cs4T54kD1HXVY7kYZMqo2Kg8hWu4
    I sent you the screenshot, thanks

4. iBeLink_1

iBeLink_1 Active Member

Please check your email.
    Thanks

5. cryptodealer

cryptodealer Member

6. iBeLink_1

iBeLink_1 Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. iBeLink_1

iBeLink_1 Active Member

Static IP function is valid for batch 1 also.

8. cryptodealer

cryptodealer Member

you mean we need to flash 1st batch miners with latest image before making use of static ips correct?

9. iBeLink_1

iBeLink_1 Active Member

Yeah, the latest image compatible the batch 1 miner box, excpect the temp monitor due to no sensor installed.

10. cryptodealer

cryptodealer Member

gotcha.. thanks!

11. OLEGGULARIYA

OLEGGULARIYA New Member

Good morning starts when receiving money for equipment !?

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  12. iRybin

iRybin New Member

So I've managed to get SSH access to 3.5.6 firmware :) - it was really simple and beautiful hack - just use your SSH key auth from any working server you have this stuff on (mount iBeLink microSD to other RasPi, put your authorized_keys file to /root/.ssh and simply login with your key to miner as root :) ).

After restoring apt-get and other removed stuff to the iBeLink microSD - it works like any other normal Raspbian. Yes - you won't get root (sudo) password - but it will never ask for it :) (thanks, iBeLink!). I've managed even to add screen use to cgminer. All this works on additional RasPi with one test blade connected.

But on the lust 3.5.7 firmware they hacked off sshd somehow and at the moment. But after success with 3.5.6 I'll try to return ssh & other stuff to it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rabinovitch

Rabinovitch Member

Goood newws! )) If iBeLink doesn't want to be honest - let's make them honest by ourselves! :D

14. iRybin

iRybin New Member

3.5.7 got SSH the same way :)

15. RatherDashing

RatherDashing New Member

Hello I am having trouble with my ibelink, the last of the four LEDs is red and the interface is showing that only the first three blades are working, it doesn't show the fourth one anymore. This miner I received a few weeks ago.. Need some assistance.

16. iBeLink_1

iBeLink_1 Active Member

Could you re-plug the fourth blade and the power up again to have a try, if issue again, please leave your email to us, we will invite you into our slack to talk with you.

17. RatherDashing

RatherDashing New Member

Sorry to say that did not work, the 4th blade still not working.

Can you send the slack link, I need to get this sorted out as soon as possible. Thanks

18. iRybin

iRybin New Member

After gaining access to 3.5.7 firmware, returning all removed stuff to make Raspbian fully functional again and some investigations I can confirm that there is NO any suspicious activity from the miner. It only checks baidu.com website for testing network persistence. The reboot mechanism is a sort of watchdog to keep miner software running.

The used cgminer fork is completely closed and highly customized, so can't tell more about it. One interesting thing - it reboots miner if any USB device is plugged - be it a keyboard or even a webcam. Is it a break-into protection or simple some buggy code - i don't know...

2 iBeLink:
    And if talk about some "feature requests":
    1) first of all - better pool management via WEB UI - add the ability to EDIT pools, delete them and add from scratch is very annoying
    2) add the ability to change pool order and permanently save it - now it returns to the first pool after reboot
    3) add (or simply activate - it is already in web gui files) the ability to add authentication to the web ui if someone wants to acceess miner from the Internet - now it's open for all and it's not good.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tuppydog

tuppydog Member

Dash Address:
    XhyHv1cs4T54kD1HXVY7kYZMqo2Kg8hWu4
    Great analysis..!

20. iBeLink_1

iBeLink_1 Active Member

Hi iRybin:
    You are a respected geek without doubt.
    We will consider your good advice and make improvements.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  21. Rabinovitch

Rabinovitch Member

Could you please share with us your edited image of the SD card? Or may be there will be released any kind of HOW-TO for iBelink users to customize their devices?

22. iRybin

iRybin New Member

the way it was done was described in first post - if you are familiar with any Linux - it's not a problem. If not - I think it's better not to try - or you could break something - first point and you really don't need it - the second.

The fixed firmware may be released some time after stability tests and some fixes/improvements. Now it's very beta and is good for personal needs, but not for public use. If someone have some special requests - you can PM me with no problem and we will see what can be done for you :)

• Like Like x 1
  23. iRybin

iRybin New Member

Yes and I will say why I'm doing it - I really don't like the way iBeLink choose to go. All used software was Open Source GPL (or maybe some other open license), and now they have taken OpenSource products (Raspbian, cgminer), put them to an open platform Raspberry Pi and sold to us giving NO root access, NO source code of the mining software.

Yes - hardware design is yours and we don't asking to open your ASIC chip technology. BUT - if you use something OpenSource as a base - be honest and make the derivative OpenSource. We have payed the money - so you have to release the code. Or make your own miner software from scratch as SilverFish makers have done.

Even Microsoft with their closed-source policy and copirastic life-view are giving Administrator access to their OSes. Apple was not honest enough - and Jailbreak have come. And - yes, the court have say YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE FULL ACCESS TO YOUR DEVICE!

• Like Like x 1
  24. XePeleato

XePeleato New Member

I like the way you think, I guess they are not releasing it to avoid other companies using their code. If you know C, you can work on your own driver for cgminer, and about having root access, it can be done. Starting a Github repo might be a good idea if you are interested enough.

• Like Like x 1
  25. iRybin

iRybin New Member

Sorry to say - I'm not a programmer - so administrative work, server setup, virtualization & networking, websites are my skills (and hobby :) ) - but not the programming. PHP is my top :(

As a comparison - Pinidea have released their cgminer code and binaries for Windows & RasPi and they are not selling closed source box with no access.

26. cryptodealer

cryptodealer Member

if anyone is still interested to buy iBelink miners let me know. i have a few to sell at a very good price.

27. cryptodealer

cryptodealer Member

iBelink any chance to reprogram your ASICs to mine any other non-X11 altcoins? Baikal basically did a fantastic job at killing X11 market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. XePeleato

XePeleato New Member

No way, ASICs can't be reprogrammed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. cryptodealer

cryptodealer Member

i know i was just desperate making that request cause i lost pretty much all of my savings to baikal's reckless and selfish behavior. no doubt there's a part where i take responsibility for my decisions but if i knew that we had another KNC of X11 i wouldn't have invested a penny.. i hardly have a sleep these days and my mood has changed from bad to worst.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. DarkWater

DarkWater Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

This maneuver by Baikai has serious consequences not only to the miners but the value of Dash no less.

Ibelink was smart about knowing the limits of the market and acted accordingly. Baikai is like a rouge agent trying to destroy everything.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2