Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash Miner

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussions (ASIC / GPU / CPU)' started by iBeLink, Feb 18, 2016.

1. iBeLink

iBeLink New Member

Hello everyone, this is my fourth message in the forum, but I am bringing you a “big” piece of news. The world first X11 algorithm ASIC chip and the first ASIC Dash Miner - “iBeLink™ DM384M” is here. We have decided to sell completed iBeLink™ mining machines at the initial stage. We are scheduled to sell the first batch of 50 iBeLink™ DM384M at www.dualminer.com very soon, and plan to ship these units in the 1st week of March, 2016. Please check www.dualminer.com for more detailed information.

Who created the ASIC chip and the iBeLink™ DM384M?

This high performance Dash miner is brought to you by Tiannengbo Group, a consortium of high-tech companies based in China. The people behind this consortium believe Dash will be a leading cryptocurrency in the new world economy, so we want to take the leadership in investing and developing these products.

What do the ASIC chip and the iBeLink™ DM384M contribute to Dash project?

We believe that Dash POW provides the security to its 1st tier network, from which Dash can build the 2nd tier (Masternode) and the 3rd tier (various applications) networks. With the success of this ASIC chip and high efficient ASIC mining equipments, Dash is in the major leagues of high level of security hashing power same as Bitcoin and Litecoin. We will produce more efficient ASIC chips and miners as long as the financial incentives make senses.

Where does our confidence come from?

We will provide live demo in Santa Clara, California this coming weekends (both 2/19 and 2/20). You (or ask your friends) can come to check the ASIC chip and the ASIC miner for yourself. Please PM me to set up an appointment.

We have a plan to donate this demo iBeLink™ DM384M to the Dash Foundation in near future.

iBeLink™ DM384M demonstration videos:

Part1;

Part2;

Part3;

Online Store; www.dualminer.com

• Like Like x 7
  2. MangledBlue

MangledBlue Well-known Member

UH - it this thing REAL???
    or
    just pulling our leg(s)

cool if it is
    -
    shame on you if it is not - lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wikiwako

Wikiwako New Member

:cool: Cool!

Is there and estimated ROI?

4. Salkenex

Salkenex New Member

according to Coin Warz calculator if you have 6000 difficulty constant and .10 energy cost it would take 10 months to break even. but you know difficulty will go up. we've already seen 12k difficulty and if you calculate for 12k you break even after about 26-28 months.

5. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

Sounds _exactly_ like my vacuum cleaner :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. Wolf0

Wolf0 Member

I'm disappointed. I guess you didn't try very hard, but still, for an X11 ASIC, this is a bit of a letdown. How many clock ticks does it take for a given amount of X11 hashes from the chip? And what frequency is the 2MH/s figure gotten from?

7. yidakee

yidakee Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Availability is Out Of Stock.

Did it sell out this fast??

8. Solarminer

Solarminer Well-known Member

Are these really ASICs? Doesn't seem possible to design a 50 unit run with ASICs. Maybe FPGAs can be done. I am thinking an ASIC buildout would need about $1,000,000 of investment.

I am curious about why the hashrate is changing. Maybe this is due to the X11 difficulty changes.

crowning If you think these are loud and sound like a vacuum, the Cointerra Miners were worse. They had 5 really powerful fans pushing out over 2000 watts of heat. I don't miss them.

yidakee The first run is scheduled for March. You can sign up for notification when available. They don't take preorders...or at least that is what their site says.

#8 Solarminer, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2016
  9. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

#9 qwizzie, Feb 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

http://www.dualminer.com/iBeLink-DM384M-Dash-Miner_p_36.html
    which means 4x 48 = 192 asic chips x 2MB = 384 MB

Perhaps the 2MB hashrate we saw in the demo was with just one chip operating ?

#10 qwizzie, Feb 18, 2016
  11. sangoku

sangoku Active Member

$1,833 profit annually, but the price of the miner is $2,098
    So, not ROI before 1 year and 2-3 months...

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wolf0

Wolf0 Member

One chip should do more, depending on the clock speed. I mean, Lord knows you're gonna need quite a few clock ticks to close timing on X11, but even then, this seems pretty bad for ASIC.

• Like Like x 1
  13. iBeLink

iBeLink New Member

Thank you for all your interest. I would like to answer some of your common questions raised in this thread.
    1. This ASIC chip is built from a 152nm CMOS process, so it is not the latest and greatest technology used here. The reason of this solution is simply the cost and reward trade off. From the technical point view, we are ready to map the design into even the 14nm or 16nm FinFET processes if the Dash economy could justify the huge cost of these processes.
    2. ROI will be depended on various factors, such as cost of electricity, price of Dash, and of course the mining difficulty
    3. Sales of the 1st batch 50 units has not started yet. That's why you see the "out of Stock" sign from dualminer.com online store

• Like Like x 2
  14. Wolf0

Wolf0 Member

152nm - jesus. No wonder. Any comments on the clock speed and ticks per hash or batch of hashes?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Solarminer

Thanks for your response. That makes a lot more sense with the 152nm ASIC design.

Would you be open to selling single cards? It looks like you can just run cgminer on a raspberry pi go get them to work.

16. Raico

Raico Well-known Member
    Foundation Member Dash Support Group

很高兴看到有眼光的资本开始投入X11的硬件领域,希望能够走向健康的可持续发展道路(Gridseed前车可鉴),与Dash的整个生态环境实现共赢。
    Good to see more captial have been attracted and hope it's a healthy sustainable development, win-win mode. Anyway, Welcome to join the community.

152nm工艺貌似仅仅是可行性试验之用,不过相信如果项目无恙,会有一番作为。
    据我所知,目前台积电南科厂区受地震影响已经停工,目前工程师正在加班加点的调试设备。而台积电其他的12寸晶圆厂也因此受到影响而档期排满,不知道后续的计划蓝图时间点有没有公布的可能,还是说要更多的看目前的投资收益来进行计划····

• Like Like x 2
  17. oaxaca

oaxaca Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

If you believe this, you should accept DASH as payment.

• Like Like x 6
  18. MangledBlue

I just can't LIKE what you said oaxaca
    I have to back you up on this: 100%

• Like Like x 2
  19. iBeLink

iBeLink New Member

Well, the problem is that we have to pay our vendors and partners with fiat, and we are running an exporting business which requires to meet many regulations and international laws. If Bitpay or Coinbase accept Dash, we would be very happy to accept Dash as a payment method.

20. coinut

coinut New Member

cool miner iBelink :) considering purchasing one but I have a couple of questions..

How many of these units are you planning to sell ?

being 152nm it has a lot of room to improve and this worries me, will there be some kind of reward/coupon if you guys build the next generation of this miner in the future to those people who bought your version 1.0 ?

is there any warranty offered on the unit ?

cheers

21. MangledBlue

The problem I have with that answer is.... many fold.....
    -------------------------------
    Let's say....

DASH payment for your product comes in.
    Why do you have to ONLY use ??those services?? to transform said DASH into any other 'form'?

Sounds to me like your unwilling to go the extra mile in accounting and record keeping to prove where the fiat came from when you have to pay your vendors and partners - to avoid being accused of money laundering.
    Exactly what regulations and international laws do you have to follow, to convert ANY crypto into any other form of crypto and/or fiat, without using the said services you speak of?
    Sounds to me like you're unwilling to commit to DASH even though you want to profit from DASH's X11
    Accounting and record keeping of any currency, be it crypto and/or fiat, would be a requirement of most, if not all countries - to prevent money laundering. - I get it
    but
    I personally feel like your just in this for a profit and not actually into it to help DASH move forward

I understand wanting to start - anything - and make it as stream-lined as possible - gotta start some where - but if I lived in the UK and moved to Brasil I would not expect Brazilians to pay me in Brit Pounds

My debate might be a bit half-assed but I hope you get the point.

This ASIC is not worth it, by any means, but I know you'll get your sales - SOLD OUT!!!
    Some people have money to throw away.... but not me

The architecture was the first red flag and the power consumption was the next red flag - I'll pass - but would love for you to answer the concern/question(s) above......

22. HinnomTX

HinnomTX Active Member

The choice of 152 nm was strictly due to cost sensitivity. You can probably get a protoype 152 nm chip on a shuttle run for less than $100k. A full wafer build is probably $250k-$300k. If this iteration proves to be profitable I'm guessing they'll move to 55nm as the next sweet spot for cost/transistor.

You guys are ripping this product to shreds, and as consumers you are certainly welcome to do so. Mining is very tough business to make any money in, so you should be skeptical of any promises to turn a profit. To me it's impressive that people even try mining at all.

I don't want the important part of this story to be lost. First, someone successfully went through the rat race of building out 11 hashing algorithms in RTL. That's enough work to mine with FPGAs in secret, and it could have stopped there. But no, some people went to the massive extra effort to build an I.C. and bring it to market. There was little need to do this second part, but some people out there want to see DASH succeed, and a blockchain secured by distributed mining resources (ASICs in the hands of many) is a very important part of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. This achievement has the potential to put DASH on the same playing field as Bitcoin (and Litecoin, FWIW).

• Like Like x 2
  23. MangledBlue

You have to understand - we are a very protective group when it comes to DASH
    If we have to 'rip' something or somebody apart - just to twist arms, to get more info - so be it....

Crypto is not a "safe place" and scammers will be scammers - so - I would hope you, anybody, would understand
    --> We'll question something to near death and if it passes all the "tests" - there is little to worry about.

But I will surely sit on the side-line and see how this 'product' plays out....

I would rather somebody claim SCAM and be wrong
    Rather than be naive and simply say everything is fine, when it's not - because questions and/or research was not done

edit: I already know that I'm an asshole/prick/whatever you want to call it but I'm sick of getting fucked with - generally speaking of course

• Like Like x 2
  24. Raico

Raico Well-known Member
    Foundation Member Dash Support Group

SHA256(BTC...) & Scrypt(LTC...), there are no any mechanism to affect the ASIC manufacturers monopoly the mining/currency distribution in their ecological. But in Dash ecosystem, We have Masternode + Voting System. You know what i mean? ;)

Again ,glade to see more serious capital get into Dash ecosystem, like providing much more strong network service. Let's turn it into a good thing ;)

• Like Like x 2
  25. Solarminer

You may want to look at shapeshift.io to convert dash to bitcoin without using an exchange. They have an api you can incorporate in your website to automatically do this.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Wolf0

Wolf0 Member

Of course they are. You can't read between the lines?

For a long while, my birdies have been chirping about X11 hardware implementations in the wild. I always knew it was possible - as I know some hardware dev, but then the first whispers came. Then more and more. As of late, maybe a couple months ago, it was pretty much confirmed - the sources were almost impeccable. This tells me something, that the tech is SPREADING. This is bad for the people that already have it, and THIS is why that ASIC is being sold. Not reaching 100% ROI on it at this price is nearly certain; it's time to dump the bottom of the barrel ASICs onto people with more money than sense and let the hardware race begin.

• Like Like x 2
  27. iBeLink

iBeLink New Member

Hello Everyone, I had a very good meeting with oaxaca this morning in Santa Clara, California. I believe this community will see oaxaca's meeting recap in near future. I would like to express my appreciation toward oaxaca for good conversation.

• Like Like x 3
  28. oaxaca

oaxaca Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Hi folks,

Site Visit Report - X11 ASIC

I can confirm that I met with iBeLink today and ended up with a story and a demo. The story was both believable and convincing. The demo met my expectations. I know, I know a million questions. First the story.

There is a group of people based in China who researched DASH and formulated a plan to design and build equipment that would ensure network security. As you are all aware, the current mining environment involves bungee cords, milk crates, high end video cards, and extremely pissed off spouses. This is a potential red flag to investors. The group used their collective expertise in ASIC design and hardware engineering to produce a working X11 miner. There are several difficult phases to this. The first is producing ASIC chips that perform the X11 functionality correctly. For this they chose to use 152nm as it was dirt cheap and would serve as proof of concept. Allow me to show you some chips:
    [​IMG]

The next step is to get these chips actually working in a box connected to a pool and producing hashes. Let me tell you from first hand experience that this is almost as hard as the first step. They had the good luck to be able to borrow concepts from previous ASIC manufacturers. The miner they produced has 4 "blades", each of which has 8 mini boards, each of which has 6 chips. A total of 192 chips are in the box. It looks like this:

[​IMG]

The miner is controlled by a simple PI and has a very simple layout:

[​IMG]

We booted the sucker up and it connected to coinmine.pl quickly and easily. The hashing peaked at about 420 Mh/s before we powered down. I was able to see the custom software that monitored and controlled the unit. It's an engineer's wet dream. The miner can be over/under clocked to gain efficiency or push it.

I'll post more later, but I wanted to at least get this post up. Bottom line? What does this mean? There are going to be 50 of these suckers available very soon. Should you buy them? That depends on who you are and what you want to accomplish. For existing GPU miners, it would seem a no-brainer. This is the future, you might as well embrace it and sell your GPUs, or use them for some other bitclone. These miners are the prototype using relatively inefficient chips. That being said, they blow away the current GPU options. In a year (crystal ball time here on my part) there will be more efficient units. At the present time, these units will return your investment and it might be a way to buy DASH cheaply. You pay your electric utility for power every month (700 watts) and you get DASH in your wallet.

Final point, are these guys scamming? Not a chance. If they sell these 50 miners, they get $100,000. That doesn't begin to cover the cost of getting this prototype up and running and distributed. They are in this for the long haul because they see the potential of DASH.

Now, I'm ready for questions...

#28 oaxaca, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 19
  29. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member

30. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Dash Support Group

If they all will be bought by some people I hope they will not join the coinmine.pl
    We need to have the hash spreaded so single mining would be cool.