• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How to make the darkcoin wallet for linux

Is this guide still valid for RC2?

I've used the code in github.com/darlcoinproject/darkcoin instead of in github.com/evan82/darkcoin because I thought it was the most up to date and in evan82 I was asked for a github password, but my wallet is stuck at block 45993.

I get the exact same thing. I too used github.com/darlcoinproject/darkcoin instead. Could that be an issue? Also I'm using Mint 13 32bit OS.

I get the exact same thing. I too used github.com/darlcoinproject/darkcoin instead. Could that be an issue? Also I'm using Mint 13 32bit OS.
I haven't looked more into it for lack of time, but I don't think so. I bet it is just an old version we are using. There has been a few recent updates and maybe a link somewhere is not updated. Yesterday I read a few messages in bitcointalk about the link in darkcoin.io to the Mac wallet being outdated with the fork scheduled for today, so the devs must be having a few rough days.

To clarify, if you compile the latest code from source you will be on the correct chain and can send and receive payments. However you will not be able to participate in the mastenode process. Correct?

le sigh.

Switched over to ubuntu 14.04 and when I attempt to execute the binary I receive "
There is no application installed for “executable” files.
Do you want to search for an application to open this file?"

I'm starting to think that I'm not meant to use DRK :(

Which executable? darkcoind or darkcoin-qt? Did you change permissions? I use 750. Got all required libraries installed?

Thanks guys :smile: For anyone else who happens to get lost, you can enable an executable in Ubuntu 14.04 in the GUI by right clicking the binary->properties->permissions tab and clicking the box that says "enable as an executable"

I am using Ubuntu 14.04. I am getting the following error:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libminiupnpc-dev : Depends: libminiupnpc8 (= 1.6-3ubuntu2.14.04.1) but 1.6-precise2 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Could you assist?

Anyway one please?

I am getting the following error:

Warning: There is an incompatibility in the new RC4+ wallet due to the larger keypool.It only effects encrypted wallets, but can cause a loss of data in rare situations. Please create a new wallet and move the funds from this wallet.

and I am not able to install a new wallet. What should I do?

Anyway one please?

I am getting the following error:

Warning: There is an incompatibility in the new RC4+ wallet due to the larger keypool.It only effects encrypted wallets, but can cause a loss of data in rare situations. Please create a new wallet and move the funds from this wallet.

and I am not able to install a new wallet. What should I do?
The message just states that you should delete your wallet.dat file (after moving your funds to e.g. a exchange) and let the client create a new wallet.dat after restart - no need to install new software at all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bootstrap.dat is flyin

Edit: Im now stuck at 19hrs behind aka block179654 and it just say no block source available...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back