• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How does one fix a corrupted wallet?

Ignition75

I was clearing out some old wallets by renaming them in and out of wallet.dat.

Was going fine until one corrupted. It's got about 30 DRK in there, so it's not the end of the world, however the client has renamed it to a BAK file and can't seem to fix it.

Any ideas how I can proceed?

I was clearing out some old wallets by renaming them in and out of wallet.dat.

Was going fine until one corrupted. It's got about 30 DRK in there, so it's not the end of the world, however the client has renamed it to a BAK file and can't seem to fix it.

Any ideas how I can proceed?

It's not good when it renames it to .bak. That usually means it's past the point of repair and it already has failed an aggressive salvage operation.

If you have another copy of the wallet.dat file, email it to me. I'll try to get it for you. My username at this website.

Thanks dude, I'll see if I can grab an old copy from the recycle bin first and try a repair sequence someone suggested with Python 2.7 before I take up your time.

I don't know why I thought the recycle bin would help, I didn't delete it.

No luck I'm afraid, it's already been renamed to a .bak file by the wallet so I guess I'll just kiss those 30 DRK goodbye...

I also have a similar issue. The wallet backup dates from 2015. It doesn't rename the wallet.dat to .bak but creates another file that is .bak. Curious to know if there is a fix for this issue, thanks!

Hi @r-ando can you start another thread for your issue? What is your other .bak file called? There are some Python or BerkeleyDB tools that might help you, or maybe -salvagewallet can do it too.

Back