• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HempSweet Decentralized Industrialization Alliance Proposal

The Social Fork of Dash

This last post is not directed to the individuals who have already made their educated judgments about what HempSweet would offer or even what it is. This post is to the few (seems that way at least) in this community that see the social code (ethics) as equal value to the computer code. I did not plan the timing of this proposal to be here at the exact point in time where the stake holders in Dash have a decision to make. Right now is the exact moment you will be able to look back and say "yea, that was when everything was different." I was there for it with Bitcoin, I was there for it with Ethereum......more as just a spectator and student.

This is the moment you get to decide whether Dash is going to be decentralized or centralized. If we assume there truly is a "Decentralized Governance" with one masternode, one vote then what ever is decided is the will of the people. If Dash is somehow decentralized in its decisions then a look at dashvotetracker.com speaks without doubt the direction the community wants to go. The only thing I can say is good luck, maybe Dash will handle its centralization better than Bitcoin or better than Ethereum or Ripple or Litecoin or.......the list goes on forever.

Whatever motivated John and I to dedicate ourselves to the hemp industry, crypto-liberty tech and HempSweet is obviously important to us, but I did not even forsee this HempSweet proposal to the Dash community would be the very specific proof of ethics. Right at this moment there are many who saw the early vision of Dash, which contained both a social and digital contract to carry the weight required to liberate those who want it. You worked hard for years and now are in a place of abundance, wealth and power. Whether you wanted it or not masternodes are faced with the challenge that relative to the number of humans who have existed is extremely rare, but the choice most have made is very common.

1. Do you blindly move forward with the sole purpose of enriching your life alone with money as your idol and your ordained authority (central control) as your Shepard. For this proposal it is obvious what your orders are to do......burn the money rather than build something different?
  2. Or do you take a step back, realize what you have already gained and then start to look around at others to see where you might be able to enrich their lives as well, which in the end allows for a special kind of success that cannot be bought or traded. The choice is simple when you have nothing to lose, but I also know what it is like to make that decision when you have so much at stake that could be lost.

I know there is a list of rationalizations like this is 'just to complicated' 'just to risky' 'or not approved by central authority.' There will always be a reason that makes it okay for you to move on without much thought, but take it from someone who has been on both paths.......you will think back to this moment. If you do then just learn from it and then pass on that knowledge through example. You can never go back and change the past (unless your Vitalik), but each day is an opportunity to start over again. The light we see in Dash is just a reflection of the light each of you hold. -namaste

I'm sad to see this proposal not passing as I truly believe it would have made a difference! I think the proposal was just too big to float at this point in time unfortunately.. There have been several proposals before that have not passed, getting revised and then passed. I would urge you to submit a smaller proposal for the next cycle to prove to the community what you can do. I hope this is not an all-or-nothing kinda thing and that this will be possible. Thank you for your continued effort to better this world! And I'm sure everything you and others have written have learned many about several problems we face. I wish you all the best moving forwards~

I wholeheartedly agree, I hope they can propose this again next month, or pull of a nice comeback this month, because they've refined all the kinks out of the initial post, and alleviated all of the concerns expressed. For people who are still unsure about the legality, to quote them...

"PureHemp Technologies, LLC and HempSweet have a signed contract (Includes both parties indemnifying Dash and all other participants against claims by third parties arising from conduct of any participants under this agreement) between both parties that includes all inventions they will create as part of scaling hemp xylose to xylitol conversion with microorganisms will be open, transparent and without restriction to use. This donation will support a core element of the hemp industry that will empower Dash, HempSweet, and all partnerships to leverage building meaningful, lasting connections with an industry ready to grow alongside Dash. Details about Pure Hemp Technologies and their complete roll are covered in the HempSweet whitepaper" https://bit.ly/hempsweet.

The only other concern I've seen is our image. Ethereum, and Monero are on AlphaBay, Bitcoin has always been used on the dark web, and bitcoin has a much larger target on its back than us. Funding research towards a sugar substitute that won't give you cavities or diabetes, sounds like a noble cause, not a negative thing. I do understand apprehensions on this point, but the trajectory of the world is heading towards legal cannabis, and it'd be better if we had a foothold in the market, rather than allowing some other coin to come in and grab that market share. If we're looking at the long haul, does anyone here really believe cannabis won't be legal in most states in 10 years?

We're an emerging tech, that can help an emerging market. We like to compare dash to a rocketship and say we're going to the moon, and that's true, imagine if an entire industry is welcomed by us and that emerging industry also goes to the moon, as it undoubtedly will? This will be huge for us. Being cautious about how we invest in this market is very important, but this is about the cleanest possible proposal we could see, and somehow we still don't have the votes to pass it.

If this proposal came up anew, with the legality concerns addressed at the forefront, I don't really understand why people would vote against it. We'd be supporting a sugar that won't give you diabetes or cavities. That's good for the world, and it will damn sure be good for our pocketbooks. Putting Dash into the hands of everyone involved in this process is huge, and we should support that, as they support us.

Last edited:
Our Dash funding proposal process for me was very telling the direction Dash Corp. wants to go and at this time there is a clear signal that Dash isn't setting itself up to be used by the masses.

Personally I think the number of reasonable minded folks here is just not enough to win over irrational power wielded by a very centralized group of decision makers. I at least am not willing to bet another 5 DASH (although getting cheaper) when the inventor of Dash talks about planting seeds at the edges of Dash when, ironically, at that exact moment they chose to burn remaining budget Dash then plant real seeds.......hemp seeds.

Dash has unfortunately lost its chance at the deal we proposed. PureHemp is moving forward without us (Includes them already producing xylitol from their hemp xylose) and will stick with the money system that is supporting their efforts, which sadly is the USD.

That being said I was deeply touched by the support and kindness of several Dash community members. If there was an obvious signal from the community (I guess majority of MNO's specifically) that things have changed, which included someone else paying the damn proposal 5 DASH fee this time, then I would set my personal feelings aside and give it my all to rekindle some kind of partnership.

Our Dash funding proposal process for me was very telling the direction Dash Corp. wants to go and at this time there is a clear signal that Dash isn't setting itself up to be used by the masses.

Personally I think the number of reasonable minded folks here is just not enough to win over irrational power wielded by a very centralized group of decision makers. I at least am not willing to bet another 5 DASH (although getting cheaper) when the inventor of Dash talks about planting seeds at the edges of Dash when, ironically, at that exact moment they chose to burn remaining budget Dash then plant real seeds.......hemp seeds.

Dash has unfortunately lost its chance at the deal we proposed. PureHemp is moving forward without us (Includes them already producing xylitol from their hemp xylose) and will stick with the money system that is supporting their efforts, which sadly is the USD.

That being said I was deeply touched by the support and kindness of several Dash community members. If there was an obvious signal from the community (I guess majority of MNO's specifically) that things have changed, which included someone else paying the damn proposal 5 DASH fee this time, then I would set my personal feelings aside and give it my all to rekindle some kind of partnership.

This reaction just tells us we made the right choice. Very mature.

Yes, clearly it is Dash's fault for not wanting to be adopted. It just couldn't have been your proposal that was flawed. Lashing out about "dash Corp"s irrational centralized decision makers and whining about the 5 dash fee tells me you would not have been a good fit for dash in the first place. I guess I would consider this bridge burned.

In retrospect and re-reading the words i'm thinking we just deflected a troll attack with this one.

No from me, I don't want Dash to be associated with cannabis. But secondly this proposal is too complicated most won't understand what they are voting on.

HempSweet will use all donated DASH to research and develop large scale xylitol from hemp production technologies. Why do I want this?

This reaction is very unprofessional, not at all what I expected from industrialists.

I think they hinged their entire plan on us funding the project, which makes the emotional response reasonable, though unprofessional. Any objective person could read that last message and make assumptions about future cooperation between the two parties. That message was a bridge burner, and if they can't conduct themselves properly in here, perhaps it is fortunate that we didn't end up working with them, despite the good that may have come from it.

Okay I think I'm understand things a little more now. Central bank owned with credit-debt card ties; non-disclosure agreements (NDA); back room meetings/deals with Dash Core CFO (oh wait sorry CEO) and immediate support for a very complex deal that cannot be fully disclosed, but getting the full attention of the core; 25% of the total budget with "signed exclusivity contract" (what recourse exactly?); more talk of lawyers not for the high risk concern marijuana poses (even hemp per community concerns) for a centralized governance body in AZ, but to say whether proposals are worthy or not; MN's asking for blow............and the proposal is already sailed right past +10%.

How this direction seems any better than the current system is lost to me, but this is what a "decentralized" community looks like I guess. Where are all the critics who jumped on our thread when people started to see the value everyone here also sees? Mean while the HempSweet proposal last payout cycle that offered all (well except any part related to central banking) this proposal offers, but also included a decentralized exchange gateway, bragging rights for many world firsts like curing 75% of all chronic disease, open sourcing industry patent licenses, sharing all R&D data as it is created, and putting Dash into the hands of real cannabis industry people who do the hard physical/creative work of making all the products that you all hope will be paid for with Dash some day...........oh what it didn't make it. It was half the cost and so much unlimited in potential that made it too complicated.

Absolutely amazing. Strong work everyone. This is something you will be able to look back on decades from now and be really proud to say you were a part of what brought peace, love, unity and respect to the world.
Out of respect for Alt36, I am replying here. I find it immature that you posted this within their pre-proposal and more immature that you would respond like this, especially if you were serious about your proposal. I'm not sure why you are burning bridges with us, because I think we would have all liked to approve your proposal if it had been more focused on exactly what the funds were going to be used for.

It's clear to me why your proposal didn't pass. It was filled with fluff with no specifics about what the funds would cover and it didn't request escrow based on clear goals. I read through it looking for specifics, but I had no idea what the funds would actually be used for... As far as "requesting lawyers to determine whether or not a proposal is worthy", that came from one specific MN owner that didn't reflect the rest of the community, but I think you KNOW that.

(what recourse exactly?) The terms of the agreement are as follows:
Yes, the penalty is 100% of the network's original contribution pro-rated based on the number of months of exclusivity that Alt Thirty Six fails to provide. The 36 months commences on the date that the product is released commercially (not from the date of the proposal) and extends 36 months from that date, so it is truly a 36 month period of being on the market. Basically they would have to pay back ~$13,600 per month they fail to fulfill of the covered period. For example, if they added another cryptocurrency after 35 months, they would owe a penalty of $13,600 back to the core team for the one month not fulfilled. In another example, if they integrate another coin after 24 months, they would owe ~$165,000 in penalties. The core team would use any received funds toward other business development efforts in the best interest of the network. In addition, the agreement is binding in the event that Alt Thirty Six is acquired, merges with another company, or changes its legal structure... in other words the contract remains binding to any acquiring party.

Please don't compare your proposal to Alt36, it's night and day

Back