• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

helping Tertiary student develop passion for DASH using effective education and marketing(Ghana)

Will vote yes for this proposal

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgepro

Preamble

Hello community! this is Appiah George known on this platform as George Pro. I submit my first preproposals. Thanks to Abdul kudus Mutaru know on this platform as Zambang and cryptolib whom through their effort to make Dash popular and number one digital currency in Africa particularly west Africa and Ghana to be precise. I got to know what Dash is,the advantages and benefit one may get if he/she chooses DASH above other digital currencies.

Summary

Education-based marketing is probably the most effective method to advertise a new product. This project is therefore focused on bringing innovative ideas from undergraduate and postgraduate students in Ghanaian Universities based on their knowledge in marketing, technology, journalism, finance,accounting, communication software developing etc.

Our target is to organize workshops/conferences in all 3 selected Universities to educate and practically train students and lecturers for massive adoption and usage of DASH as a medium of exchange and all the benefits and advantages of using SmartCash against any other cryptocurrency. The workshops/conferences shall be open to all interested persons including CEOs of businesses, investors, the media (TV, Radio, online & print) and the general public at large.

The project will see two meet ups/training, a month 30 minute radio discussion program, a meeting with the Student Representative Council (SRC), establishment of exchanges centers, and creating online platforms in all the 3 selected Universities. Each of these meet ups are expected to record at least 300 participants whereas the radio discussions will be heard by about 40,000 people with phone in sessions for questions and answers. DASH tokens will be given to participants at each campus and listeners who phone in and answer questions during the radio programs.
Also to bring software developers together to develop application and software that will enhance the use DASH for massive adoption and general usability in Africa.

The motivation behind this project is to promote DASH through education and marketing for massive adoption and usage in Ghana and Africa ativth an estimated population of over 27 million people. The youth plays a major role in the development of any country. Unfortunately, there is a continues increase in graduate unemployment in the country giving students the need to leverage available opportunities against the web of unemployment hence students take keen interest in speculative returns in DASH towards accumulating capital to start businesses after school. The good news is that, most students in Ghana are involved in mini-importation such as smart phones, laptops and accessories. Most of these students have over the years resorted to Bitcoin for online shopping. However, Bitcoin transaction fee and confirmation time have most of them seeking better alternatives as bank payments is also very expensive process. This thus, provides an appropriate platform to actually promote DASH through the youth who are mostly in the Universities. The rate at which students received remittances through other avenues like western uinion and moneygram which come with high cost and delay focusing on instant and almost zero transaction fee of DASH can covert almost all of them using DASH to receive remittances.

Background

The issue is that after the seminar about DASH was held in the school even those who were given free DASH base on merit never seek to buy more, invest in it or use it as a medium of transaction. So I took it upon my self to do more research about why people are not using the DASH, even though they were given extensive education on benefits and advantages of trading in DASH. This is what I gathered after three weeks of research.

Problem

1. Lack of exchanges in the school to change fiat money(cedis) to DASH and DASH to cedis for easy trade and transaction among peers.

2. Students don't see the reason why they should get involve with DASH because they dont use DASH in their day to day economic activities or transactions.

3. Some small percentage of the student I interview also said that after the seminar they never heard anything about DASH with make them forget about it due to large attention shifted to the courses they are reading. So lack of frequent information about DASH

4. The major problem that causes me write this proposal is that I realize that am alone when it come tertiary students advocating for DASH to gain root among the youth in ghana and particularly the students in my campus. Is a big challenge because we all know that DASH is a peer to peer cryptocurrency so when you found yourself all alone trading with it, it can kill your enthusiasm about it forcing you to trade in other digital currencies.
5 lack of proper software and applications to integrate DASH ecosystem interns of paying fees and paying dues which prevent students from doing payment with DASH

SOLUTION
the seminar held in my was like a seed of DASH being planted in the school. For it grow and blossom it needs to be watered and properly taken care of until it reach it fruitful period so that all individual who are trading with DASH will get their maximum satisfaction thus making DASH number one digital currency if not in the world in Africa.

1. The universities have a radio station for me to make DASH popular I and my team have decided to let the radio station dedicate 30 minutes to DASH. Which I will name it DASH tips. In that period students will be educated about adavatages and benefits of trading in DASH. The why, the how, and the what about DASH. In the same period 5 people who answer some correct question about dash when the phone line is open will be given $5 wealth of DASH each. Why is this a solution the entire university population will hear more information about DASH which in one way we make the digital currency popular thus bringing more youth to trade in it. Also those who will be given free DASH could be follow up to make sure they made transactions using DASH. Again they are force to install the DASH wallet since they want to received their gift.

2. In every semester the Student Representative Council(SRC) hold series of seminars and programs for the entire student population, Which are sponsored by various other companies. Since the SRC is the autonomous body that control all the student most of their activities are attend by more than half of the student population, lecturers , professors and other non teaching staff. After organizing conferences and seminars which will be attend by high number of people I and my team have decide to sponser SRC programmes especially those about entrepreneurship and entertainment to get in touch with huge number of people in the school.

3. Exchanges, generally cryptocurrency exchanges in Ghana is very low. The information i gathered show that the number of exchanges in all the 10 regions of Ghana is not more than 10, and when it come to our university campuses we dont have at all, due to that exchanges will be established in the various universities we will visit

4. Thank God we have a community online. And very thank you to DASH leaders for building such community, it has help us all interms of communication and sharing of information. I think Following their footsteps will be a great a deal so I have decide to form DASH community in the various campuses which will meet once every week to discuss about the way forward of DASH in the university. This will result in raising youth and students who are more enthusiastic about the way forward of DASH.

5 Due to the lack of software to integrate DASH ecosystem with the university activities. Graduate and undergraduate software developers will be teach on how DASH works for them to compete among themselves to create softwares for the betterment of DASH ecosystem. Winners will be rewarded.
6 one problem preventing retailers shops grocery stores and mini malls from accepting DASH as a means of payment is the volatility nature of it. By this the team decided to deposit some fiat to the stores who agree on accepting DASH after they have been educated on the need to accept DASH. However the QR code code put on the various stores are ours so or transaction made in DASH the store owner deduct from the the fund deposit by us. When the fund is exhausted we then exchange the DASH to fiat and deposit it to them again. From the above we bare the volatility cost and also give the people the means to use DASH as transaction this method was used to get 4 retail shops to accept DASH during our first project.

target population

The universisities were selected base of their population and influence they gave on the Ghana society UEW-over 40,000 students, teaching staff(over 200) that is lecturers and professors non teaching staff over (500) . university of Ghana- over 38,000 students. UCC- over 60,000 students (nationals and international) plus over 10,000 post graduate. Knust- 21,288
Undergraduate and 2,306 post graduate student

Point of Acceptance

Through sponsoring SRC programmes I then convince them to advertise that student could pay their dues using DASH. By that majority of the student will start to use DASH since they can pay their semester dues using DASH.Or in oder to allow users(students) to realize the need to accept DASH we will speak to the SRC committee to accept DASH during payments of dues.

Conference

For every phase of the project it will be crown with a conference name DASH Tertiary Student Conference (DTSC). Under this conference the general public, students, DASH communities within the various campuses and other important dignitaries would be invited. resource personel endowed with knowledge of cryptocurrency and other prominent people who are enthusiasts about DASH could be invited from anywhere around the world(be it Europe Asia, South America)etc. Mind you the CEO of DASH with all due respect Ryan Taylor could also be invited to speak about block chain technology, cryptocurrency/ digital cash and digital marketing and its opportunity. focusing more on DASH. Why this conference 1. under this conference business owners, CEOs, and other small scale enterprises owners would be invited to be educated on the need to accept DASH in their daily trade and day to day economic activities.
2. It will serve as a forum and a grounds for the DASH communities within the various campuses to do discussion on the way forward of DASH in Ghana and Africa.
3 The conference will also serve as the means to take DASH from the campuses to the general public though our main focus is on tertiary students thus helping as to get in touch with the general public as well.
4 with the invite of prominent people to speak under this conference it will broaden our knowledge about cryptocurrency inducing as to do more research as students and helping as to generate great proposals that will change the face of cryptocurrency forever in Africa and also open DASH frontiers of success. Again the invitation will also signal how serious we are as a team a pull business gurus and corporate leaders to the conference.

Schedule

Four public university selected base on merit. For the first phase of this project. One month effective education and marketing for each. However some parts of the marketing strategies will commence simultaneously in all the universities selected as soon the proposal is voted yes and the needed fund released.

Mission

To make cryptocurrency particularly DASH popular among the african youth in order for digital currency to overtake fiat money in the years to come.

Vision
i and my team have a vision of extending this project to all other universities across Africa but want to used the four universities selected as the laboratory to test this project and see how it will blossom or prosper and also see the challenges we will encounter in order to gain more experience to help DASH go far.

other marketing avenues

Videos, audio and pictures will be taken or recorded during our meetings as DASH community and other programs of which DASH will sponsor to be put on youtube and other social media(whatsapp, facebook, twitter instagram pinterest among others) to educate student who could not attend our programs and the world at large. The school website will be used effectively to promote DASH.
Creating of stickers flyers, banners and wrist band which will be shared during seminars and programs that DASH supported through the SRC will boost the pubilicity of the digital currency and make DASH popular among the youth.

Challenges
I spoke to the SRC president of one of the school selected about making DASH acceptable when it come to payment of dues. But the challenge was that how could they know that student A or B paid it dues through DASH so that they can issue receipt to such a person. I therefore edge all masternodes and the entire community to help me create a solution to such a challenge. However this challenge could not block the project since enough work have to be done before the acceptance section of this project.

In conclusion
I plead to Adeleke known on this platform as ultimatecrypto leader of Dash hub Africa and Nathaniel luz leader of Dashy Africa who is actively advocating for DASH to gain root in Africa particularly Africa to constantly check on the team and be our watchdog in order for the team to execute such a nice project in a better way and better manner to get more people trading and investing in DASH thus increasing the DASH market cap

Financing and Budget

Dash T-shirts printing
$400*3=

One month Air time on campus radio
$400*3

Flyers, Stickers wristband and banners
$456

Camera coverage
400*3

Advertisement on school website $221*3

Sponsoring SRC programs $253 each for four programs
$1012*3=

Incentives to student who join dash community in the school + software developers competition
600*3

1DASH each for exchange establishment

$5 wealth of dash for 5 students who answer question about DASH during DASH on air
$300

Conference( including hall refreshment and speakers others)
$700*3=

Cash deposits to stores who agree to accept DASH
$500*3

Accommodation transportation and feeding for three month for three ambassadors $3000

5DASH proposal fees

We multiply it by 3 because the campuses we storm are 3 for now with one month dedicated to each campus.

Total

Last edited:
Hi there. It's really interesting article, i'm glad to read it. Especially i like this part: "Our target is to organize workshops/conferences in all 3 selected Universities to educate and practically train students and lecturers for massive adoption and usage of DASH as a medium of exchange and all the benefits and advantages of using SmartCash against any other cryptocurrency." It would be great if you share this information at https://pro-papers.com/business-papers-writing-service. I'll be thanksful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back