Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Stupids and Spies bought masternodes in order to stop governance.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by demo, Apr 20, 2017.

?

Would you like a proof of individuality for the Dash community?

1. yes

19.4%
  2. no

64.5%
  3. other

6.5%
  4. Proof of potato(e).

9.7%
  1. juliomoros

juliomoros New Member

I like your answer, demo! It seems that you're working on the design of a system and dealing with all the troubles it involves.

However, your improved procedure still has some safety bugs:

1.- If the public key does not hold the 1000 dashes, then anybody can issue several public keys and pay to several guys (not necessarily related to dash) to deposit different envelopes. Then, a single guy (the owner of several masternodes) can later claim a separated identity for each public key. (It means that your procedure is vulnerable to a sybil attack)

2.- Your checking procedure may fall in an endless loop of objections. It's something very creepy regarding that nobody can leave until the procedure ends. A crypto-party with masked people?... Sounds scary!... Resembles me the movie "eyes wide shut"

The "proof of Identity" has been a riddle in all descentralized designs, and never has had a satisfactory solutio n. If I were you, I'd would look in the PGP system, and the previous history of attempts to solve it. But Proof of ID may not be the target for what you're looking for. I mean, all this effort may not give the outcome you expect. I just say.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    The guy who is the owner of several masternodes and wants to hide has to pay his puppets more than the universal dividend. Otherwise why the puppets to give them their wallet? Do you think you can find someone who can pay the people more than the universal dividend? I dont think so! And how many puppets can he pay? He has to be very very rich in order for his sybil attack to have a real impact, but if he so rich then in that case he owns the cryptocurrency anyway! Of course everything depends on how big the dividend is. Offering a decent dividend is not only a philanthropy, it is also a safety measure in order to prevent the coin for being compromised. And lets suppose that someone succeds in his sybil Attack and manages to buy many proof of individuality. What is the real impact? All his puppets will vote identicaly, so the statistics will still reveal that they are puppets! And he owns those proof of individuality not forever but until the next cryptoparty, which whenever it happens (for example after 2 years) will result in paying the puppets again.

"Nobody can leave" means that if someone leaves, the procedure is repeated! Leaving in the middle of the procedure is considered as a type of objection. And It is not an endless loop of objections. If someone objects too many times, they can throw him out of the room! The proof of individuality remains for those who are inside the room. Of course the one who is out of the room will sign that the cryptoparty was not appropriate. And the rest cryptoparties that occur simultaneously around the globe, they will judge the testimony of the persecuted accordingly, and sign or not sign the cryptoparty where this incident occured. There can be a camera in every cryptoparty after all, as long as people can be masked! If such an incident occurs, and before throwing the guy out of the room, the attendees can wear their masks and open the camera, for the incident to be recorded live and for the other cryptoparties to see and judge whats going on.

It may look like "eyes wide shut" but it may also look like this.
    [​IMG]

#32 demo, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  3. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
  4. Ftoole

Ftoole Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

So have events for people put empty wallets in a box how do we prevent people from going to multiple events or going to the same event multiple times?
    Are we looking for a list of dash users I see how bad actors can cause issues with this method more so the requiring 1000 dash being owned to vote.

5. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    It is impossible for people to go to multiple events or go to the same event multiple times.
    Because all the events are closed door events, they happen the exact same time, and their proceedings are broadcasted in the internet with a camera. Additionally, just before the event ends and the doors open again, a web of trust among separate events is created and signed. All the attendees of all events share a common total amount of money (as basic income), so there is great incentive for the attendees of all events not to sign other events that are not appropriate.

The concurrency of events may have an exception, if we talk about events happen in separate continents (ex. Asia and America). In that case the events may happen in such a difference of time that it will be impossible for an individual to attend two events.
    Everyone is marked as individual (while remain anonymous). So the community knows the individuals, and can take measures against bad individual actors, in case they over do it.

<vote history>
    Would you like a proof of individuality for the Dash community?
    *yes 4 vote(s) 16.7%
    no 16 vote(s) 66.7%
    other
    1 vote(s) 4.2%
    Proof of potato(e). 3 vote(s) 12.5%
    </vote history>

#35 demo, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  6. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
  7. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  8. ScioMind

ScioMind Member

Actually, demo is here to create discord, to put it much more nicely than it deserves.

9. aleix

aleix Moderator
    Linguistic Foundation Member

10. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    #40 demo, Jan 13, 2018 at 11:57 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 2:50 AM
  11. ScioMind

ScioMind Member

Speak for yourself. I am none of the above. And whereas I might trust a "slave" to at least be honest, I could not say the same of a narcissist, psychopath or sadist.

12. noobtrader

noobtrader Active Member

i dont really understand how would proof individuality be implemented, pls demo make an example about yourself, tell us all who you are and where you live etc, enlighten us all in this thread.

thanks

13. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    No, you are much more in danger when slaves surround you.
    Because they obey to the sadist.
    A sadist is harmless, in case no slaves obey him.
    There is no honest slave.
    Honest people prefer to die than being enslaved.

#43 demo, Jan 14, 2018 at 11:14 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 1:40 PM
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    You dont expect me to reveal my identity or break my anonymity, do you?

The proof of individuality I propose is simple.

We have to gather all together in a closed enviroment (room, hall, stadium), and then every individual puts an (empty) cryptowallet address (a public-key paper-printed into QR code) into a physical ballot box.

After they all put their public-key into the ballot box, the ballot box is unsealed, and a committee counts the public keys found into the ballot box and finds them to be equal to the number of attendees. A list of all the attendees' public keys (that were found into the ballot box) is created, then everyone confirms that his key is inside the list. And if there is no objection by anyone, then the (final) valid list of public-keys(cryptowallet_adresses) is given/broadcasted to all the attendees. Then the doors of the room/hall/stadium open, and the procedure ends. From now on, whenever you see a public key from the list into the internet, you can be sure that this originates from an individual.

More than one meetings can occur in separated closed spaces, as long as they occur concurrently (or almost concurrently in case the one is located in Japan and the other in US), and a web of trust among these meetings can be established.

For more information, questions, bugs/issues of the procedure, read here:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...ndividuality-to-be-implemented-in-dash.15946/

[​IMG]

#44 demo, Jan 14, 2018 at 11:20 AM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 1:37 PM
  15. ScioMind

ScioMind Member

Then you admit you are dishonest. But, we already knew that, of course.

16. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    Of course I am dishonest. Everybody is. God is the only truly honest one. Everyone else is partially honest and partially dishonest, but the percentages do matter when you want to characterize someone.

In any case, the farther you are from freedom, the more dishonest you are. If you serve freedom, then you can be named as slave of freedom, but in that case you are much more free than those who do not serve freedom.

"No one can serve two masters.
    Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other.
    You cannot serve both God and money."

#46 demo, Jan 14, 2018 at 5:11 PM
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 7:23 AM
  17. aleix

aleix Moderator
    Linguistic Foundation Member

Please, don't feed the troll. Thanks.

18. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:

• Trolling Trolling x 1