• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Forking Megathread

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
The network appears to be utilizing two distinct chains. Please keep all discussion about the forking network in this thread for now.

Chain number 1
"blocks" : 207179,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 11,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 612.39358402,
"networkhashps" : 30532269997, about 30GH/s

Chain number 2
"blocks" : 207193,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 11,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 1635.55926553,
"networkhashps" : 59693651875, about 59GH/s

Note: This thread is Live. Meaning you don't have to refresh the page. The new posts show up automatically.

This is a screenshot of the Network traffic, i think it looks interesting:

upload_2015-1-22_0-7-2.png

What is the block hash for 207179 and 207193?
My three daemons are all at 207199 now.

darkcoind getblockhash 207179
000000000000d71a958d25f17dac0dc4bfcea41343c58960c0ca03679ba4865d

darkcoind getblockhash 207193
00000000000ec2f21ac8d4f4b1d4ba431621ead7fd4a1af28b33319b27014fe3

P2Pool seems to be a little messed up right now too.

Global Pool Hashrate:1.01 GH/s (Rejected 395.67 MH/s / 39.19%)

Funny little side note:

My darkcoind reports block 207223, my blockchain-explorer (who uses the same(!) blockchain) reports 207266.

I wonder where my Abe gets the blocks from :rolleyes:

I have some darkcoin at block 207097 not showing at the exchange, didn't stonehedge say that he had the same happen,
Have the coins gone forever if they were sent onto the wrong fork ? (assuming not exchange fault), they are showing in the chainz darkcoin explorer as sent.

I don't want to cause alarm but I may or may not have 100DRK unaccounted for. This is clouded by the fact that I was in the middle of a 2000DRK betting spree on Directbet and numbers were beginning to blur. I know that I was expecting a balance of 1,000 DRK after a win and then I place a 100DRK bet that came up as a "conflicted" but showed by balance at 900DRK. When I finally managed to shift this conflict by zapping the wallet i *think* the balance was deducted (still 900DRK). It certainly wasn't received by Directbet according to the blockchain.

Take my account as annecdotal at best. I was in an irresponsible gambling hazed zone. :eek:

EDIT: I've got a big day at work today but will do my best to investigate this as much as I can.

I don't want to cause alarm but I may or may not have 100DRK unaccounted for. This is clouded by the fact that I was in the middle of a 2000DRK betting spree on Directbet and numbers were beginning to blur. I know that I was expecting a balance of 1,000 DRK after a win and then I place a 100DRK bet that came up as a "conflicted" but showed by balance at 900DRK. When I finally managed to shift this conflict by zapping the wallet i *think* the balance was deducted (still 900DRK). It certainly wasn't received by Directbet according to the blockchain.

Take my account as annecdotal at best. I was in an irresponsible gambling hazed zone. :eek:

EDIT: I've got a big day at work today but will do my best to investigate this as much as I can.
Stonehedge, please calm down with your betting,You don't want to lose multiple masternodes over at directbet there!!

If the exchange's wallet is not upto date, it is more likely to fork on their end presumably.

Stonehedge, please calm down with your betting,You don't want to lose multiple masternodes over at directbet there!!

If the exchange's wallet is not upto date, it is more likely to fork on their end presumably.

Warning duly noted and gladly accepted. :smile:

What's the advise until this issue is resolved, not to move any coins? Did it come about from rushing the latest v.11 release rather than giving it time to be properly tested on the test net? BTC-Talk forum seems to be down and my MN list is showing up as blank on ninja though some rewards are still coming in it appears.

What's the advise until this issue is resolved, not to move any coins? Did it come about from rushing the latest v.11 release rather than giving it time to be properly tested on the test net? BTC-Talk forum seems to be down and my MN list is showing up as blank on ninja though some rewards are still coming in it appears.

I haven't seen any official advice but it is night time for Evan at the moment. I won't be moving any coins in the meantime personally.

As to root cause, there seems to be two camps. One camp says that the fork was caused by everybody not updating to v11 quickly enough. The other camp says that V11 wasn't ready for release because it turned a stable network into an unstable one.

I guess we just have to wait for Evan to wake up and direct us what to do.

Looks like it might be a blessing BCT is down!
Can we agree not to discuss this on the BCT thread? Would make ALOT of sense I feel.

[ ... ] BTC-Talk forum seems to be down and my MN list is showing up as blank on ninja though some rewards are still coming in it appears.

Ninja is stuck at some block, I forced my daemon to continue working, but of course I don't know if it works on the correct chain.

If you want to see if your nodes are still visible from the outside you can check here: http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_locations.html, that's what my daemon sees.

What's the advise until this issue is resolved, not to move any coins?

This!

Many thanks for all the input, I'll check back in tomorrow or sometime after my flight, I won't be moving any coins until it's been sorted out.

Many thanks for all the input, I'll check back in tomorrow or sometime after my flight, I won't be moving any coins until it's been sorted out.
Some what related, what ended up happening with the buy wall on Bitfinex? Doesn't look like yours currently at 666 with 9134 was sold into from 45k. The volume just isn't there at that price.

Any info whats the correct chain ?

On dark.suprnova.cc i have:

darkcoind getblockhash 207343

00000000000861c8ecc11ca528bb35c875afe7f5ad8fc50d3c2f8133852d2bba

Back