• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome progress!

Cheers, getting there anyway :) Finally had enough sleep deprivation for the alternative reality where qt documentation makes sense so should move a bit quicker now. Going through the budget allocation tests at the mo and should be able to pretty the table with pass/fail specifics and will likely split the info window into overall and per budget info tabs, a bit of tweaking and a few file-specific buttons and should be able to move onto a masternode info tab.

The entire tab is a class so it should be straight forward to re-use, will try and get to the others so that rpcconsole can go back to being an rpc console again. Its not going through clientmodel at the mo and isn't using the proposal objects, just parsing them into its own table in the same way as the terminal commands, any thoughts on what would be best to do there? Also, any thoughts on chart logging to a DB? I'd like to put in options to add things like node count, hash rate, etc. and log it, I was thinking csv for exporting but would like it to fit in with existing methods.

Seems like a lot of useful work being put together Stan, nice work. Is there anything the community can do to help graphics wise? Some of the icons are quite tired and I was wondering if there was any we could do to help. I spoke with a designer a long time ago and she was very interested...but I was unable to give her a price and it kind of fizzled out. Her work was great, I think it would give the wallet a very modern feel to it.

I've been away from that for a while but should be able to get some time on it again, a lot of the info listed can't work the way it is but I can strip that out and get a few of the useful bits I wanted to add in it and onto a clean copy of 12.55 without needing much time on it. No idea on the icons but it sounds sweet :) I've zero artistic talent and even figuring out the layout and wording for presenting the info is giving me a hard time, getting that looking good would help a lot and there's an almost endless amount of that stuff, tool tips, help files, etc. General info tabs on what are peers, budgets, masternodes etc including some of the live data is something I'd wanted to try out but I'm kind of hanging back on playing around with the Qt client overmuch at the mo, mainly because of Evolution but I only found out since that crowning had plans for a different client which and I'd been wondering if that would make more sense for Evolution (java based, can't find the thread for it at the mo).

...I'm kind of hanging back on playing around with the Qt client overmuch at the mo, mainly because of Evolution but I only found out since that crowning had plans for a different client which and I'd been wondering if that would make more sense for Evolution (java based, can't find the thread for it at the mo).

That's what you remember: https://dashtalk.org/threads/a-little-story.6021/

But I didn't work on the Java client for over a year now, and it was still in the PoC phase back then...

That's what you remember: https://dashtalk.org/threads/a-little-story.6021/

But I didn't work on the Java client for over a year now, and it was still in the PoC phase back then...

That's the one (I couldn't search post history), any thoughts of picking it up again? Qt was driving me spare and has done every time I've tried using it but the older parts of the gui where obviously well written and I hope I picked up a few things from them, I was wishing it had been in Gtk the whole time though. Hopefully enough will come from Mexico to know if the DAPI will make the full client obsolete or change its role to an admin interface, I'm not much good with high level stuff at the best of times but I'd rather learn some Java than face more Qt :/

Should I try and clean that budget tab up for 12.1? Need to re-do how it reads the budgets really but it displays enough about them to be useful, just need to thin out and tidy some of the fields displayed and tweak the layout a bit.

Just to show some progress:

9AG7qXl.png

Only the table so far, not started on the right hand panel yet but there's a lot less to do on that. Suggestions welcome ofc.

NICE
:grin:

Cheers :) You wouldn't believe how much of a pain in the neck tweaking those tables can be but all going well it should be fit for use when the right hand pane is gone over and well worth while with "For" and "Against" buttons added in if it finds a valid masternode.conf :grin:
Any suggestions would be much appreciated btw, even for the terminology as I'm not at all happy with that "Rejected" status. just cant make my mind up with that kind of thing, thinking "Declined" is better now but it'll probably change again by the morning :/

Cheers :) You wouldn't believe how much of a pain in the neck tweaking those tables can be but all going well it should be fit for use when the right hand pane is gone over and well worth while with "For" and "Against" buttons added in if it finds a valid masternode.conf :grin:
Any suggestions would be much appreciated btw, even for the terminology as I'm not at all happy with that "Rejected" status. just cant make my mind up with that kind of thing, thinking "Declined" is better now but it'll probably change again by the morning :/

the terminology in the pic totally works for me
great job !
"Declined" is good !

Q2Ajnvx.png

Future proposals where mentioned on BCT so posting a quick wip pic, the budget's divided by 1/3 for the calcs for testing as nothing is overbudget at the mo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q2Ajnvx.png

Future proposals where mentioned on BCT so posting a quick wip pic, the budget's divided by 1/3 for the calcs for testing as nothing is overbudget at the mo.

I know there is a redesign in the pipeline (12.1) , does salmion has to look at that 'new' page to have very thing covered ?

I know there is a redesign in the pipeline (12.1) , does salmion has to look at that 'new' page to have very thing covered ?

I doubt I'll get all the info available listed tbh, a lot more could be displayed with the data available now and I've no idea how much more there will be for 12.1. Most of what I've put in so far was from dashvotetracker.com, ericsammons made that one? Nothing is really quick with Qt either, I was on the vote history charting earlier and you can't even use a proper co-ordinate system without jumping through hoops, you could do a lot with the charting alone but Qt doesn't do a whole lot automagically for you. I'm trying to leave provision for extra info though, I'm mostly on how data is fetched and processed at the mo and will likely change to a treeview so there's no real limit to how much detail can be shown.

I doubt I'll get all the info available listed tbh, a lot more could be displayed with the data available now and I've no idea how much more there will be for 12.1. Most of what I've put in so far was from dashvotetracker.com, ericsammons made that one? Nothing is really quick with Qt either, I was on the vote history charting earlier and you can't even use a proper co-ordinate system without jumping through hoops, you could do a lot with the charting alone but Qt doesn't do a whole lot automagically for you. I'm trying to leave provision for extra info though, I'm mostly on how data is fetched and processed at the mo and will likely change to a treeview so there's no real limit to how much detail can be shown.

no worries

yes it is eric's page

all i am wondering is if salmion should redesign that page 1st (and done) and then you can put as much as you want in there ??
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back