• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope DRKLord is ok and gets better soon.

In the mean time is there anyone from the core team that can take over from his work to keep momentum going?

Theory: What if DRKLord ran away with DarkSend's source code, planning to sell it on the DarkNet, therefore leading Evan to release the code earlier than initially planned?
Would make an interesting plot for a movie...

bummer
i was really trying
finding a QT / C++ guy for you guys
but i could not ! sorry nobody in the community is stepping up so far !

ether they are QT , but no C++
or C but no ++
or Q without a T
...>>
(i had no idea this can be so hard and complicated)

really sucks
i hope evan does not have to do this here himself too / as he is doing everything else already !!!

i keep an eye open

IMPORTANT:

I may have found someone through my #buildthedarkness initiative who would be perfect for this project. (C++ And QT) He may post here soon but I am in contact with him on Twitter.

Here's hoping!

that would be great
started a conversation for you guys here when i saw your btctalk post, did not know you where here already
ignore it or use it .... just wanted to get the ball rolling
(as always)

I am a huge supported for that wallet,
if there is a 'fundraiser' needed i think that should NOT be a problem

hope that works out

MIA
i think we have to move on and
ether find somebody else in or out of the community (might have to throw a bounty at that, as i tried already many times and did not get anywhere without some $$ in the back)
somehow i have the feeling that evan just wants to do it himself ?! (not sure if that is true) and i hope not
as he should not be doing everything ! (as he has enough on his plate)

i am saying lets do a fundraiser, let evan find somebody he trusts and knows (he should have good connections to that kind of C++) and take it from there !
...>>

Is the code for this on github or somewhere to be seen ?
I am trying to 'hunt' down some new people but when i talk about a half finished project, they wanna see code or know how "half" that project is and how much more there is to do ?!
Any pointers where I could send them (to check the leftover code from DRKLord) ???

Is the code for this on github or somewhere to be seen ?
I am trying to 'hunt' down some new people but when i talk about a half finished project, they wanna see code or know how "half" that project is and how much more there is to do ?!
Any pointers where I could send them (to check the leftover code from DRKLord) ???

We probably should start from scratch. I don't think it is even a good idea to make the new Wallet UI look similar to the DRKLord's work unless he open-sourced it. To be honest, I am not buying the argument that DRKlord's leaving is related to his health issues. If he has left because of some disagreement with the core team then avoiding his half-finished work would free us from future legal complications on the grounds of copy-right violation etc. Hope I am wrong but somebody has to consider this scenario as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back