• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
That i can understand... maybe its a link off the wallet pointing to an darkcoin official retailers / services site outside the wallet. Having 2 wallets choices would probably be best. Its just everyone i talk about this with... os so deer in head lights they just walk away.... including my staff. jus some ideas... the key is like you simplicity. The issue arises wiyh all the other steps one has to go through to be in this ecosystem... peeps arent digging it. thats why a wallet be central might simplify things... either way... what ideas do you guys think would work in my situation?

Ive sent a memo to our staff stating that im using them as guinea pigs in the next while, 4 people for now. look forward to helping out.

So is the new wallet almost ready? Is that what your referring to?
We can certainly start with that... but id really like to see a vender/ Commerce wallet... with with features that are important to business owners. a consumer wallet and maybe a ninja super stealth techie one... does that make since?

In my world.... the first 2 are really important and would be so to most of the business owners i know. Simple version of darksend+ for the first 2...giving people 3 choices(3 big buttons) clearly stating:
super secure, secure or fast/less secure. .

We can certainly start with that... but id really like to see a vender/ Commerce wallet... with with features that are important to business owners. a consumer wallet and maybe a ninja super stealth techie one... does that make since?

In my world.... the first 2 are really important and would be so to most of the business owners i know. Simple version of darksend+ for the first 2...giving people 3 choices(3 big buttons) clearly stating:
super secure, secure or fast/less secure. .
If you can draw what you want on a piece of paper and post a pic of it here, anyone familiar with QT can knock up a prototype very rapidly. Might not be pretty but it might serve as rolling testbed for what's going to be actually useful and useable to retailers like yourself, and anyone else who doesn't care about hundreds of options.

Big volume users are probably going to want a fully scripted back end to do whatever they have to do, but I'm unsure whether that should be a priority for the core devs or for third parties to cater to if companies can't do it themselves in-house.

If you can draw what you want on a piece of paper and post a pic of it here, anyone familiar with QT can knock up a prototype very rapidly. Might not be pretty but it might serve as rolling testbed for what's going to be actually useful and useable to retailers like yourself, and anyone else who doesn't care about hundreds of options.

Big volume users are probably going to want a fully scripted back end to do whatever they have to do, but I'm unsure whether that should be a priority for the core devs or for third parties to cater to if companies can't do it themselves in-house.
I think in the most basic form a reports system showing daily stats and a way of integrating the wallet into a POS system would be golden! I've heard there are some BTC options out there and since I've heard the DRK is BTC compatible ....this would make sense. I'll have to think of this. Another thing comes into mind would be multi user login to the wallet.

What I'm going to do right now is have a laptop at our till and have both BTC and DRK available with the new QT. When is the new wallet coming out?

I think in the most basic form a reports system showing daily stats and a way of integrating the wallet into a POS system would be golden! I've heard there are some BTC options out there and since I've heard the DRK is BTC compatible ....this would make sense. I'll have to think of this. Another thing comes into mind would be multi user login to the wallet.

What I'm going to do right now is have a laptop at our till and have both BTC and DRK available with the new QT. When is the new wallet coming out?
First option that springs to ind is dumping the transaction list straight into LibreOffice/Excel format...

I know nothing about POS systems but if they exist for BTC, probably easiest to politely harass whoever makes them to incorporate DRK too, same protocol.

Multi-user wallets would need a bit of a rework I think... maybe a login system that activated an account address specific to that user...

Last edited by a moderator:
yup. That would be good to start. My thing is...it needs to be dummified. Here's a scenario...restaurant is packed, waitresses are full out, joe blow comes up and says...HEY...I've got DRK/BTC...I'd love to pay for my tab with crypto. Ok, cool. Joe pays waitress with crypto including tip, waitress now has to find navigation of wallet/POS simiple while people are yelling out orders, customers are calling out, kids screaming and at the end of the evening doing cash out, figure out tips, yudda yudda.

So...does the restaurant have multiple wallets(think busy restuarant, noisey) and tip outs at end of evening...with tipping out the kitchen staff into their own private wallet addresses yudda yudda.

Now I'm not proposing that the main QT wallet for Darkcoin address this. I would agree that this would be a third party custom solution...but crypto must understand the retail side of the equation. iphone/andriod wallet is a MUST...simple, fast and easy to navigate. Computer wallets are great but impractical for most consumer needs other then ebay if that ever happens. The battle ground is restaurants, coffee bars, boutiques and restaurants in local communities. Its going to be guys like me, go through the hassle of educating my staff and clients...one person at a time...and the wallet...is the front face of the coin.

Did some rebrushing of the icon sets:

jYQ9nfJ.png

XThTjaE.png

gyMJU0T.png

https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin/pull/37

As he's the official Darkcoin developer for the wallet UI, any word from DRKLord himself? Apart from the amazing technology Darkcoin is based on, I believe it's just as important to have a rock-solid wallet that's beyond perfect when it comes to combining visuals and usability.

Maybe an update on the current progression? :)

yup. That would be good to start. My thing is...it needs to be dummified. Here's a scenario...restaurant is packed, waitresses are full out, joe blow comes up and says...HEY...I've got DRK/BTC...I'd love to pay for my tab with crypto. Ok, cool. Joe pays waitress with crypto including tip, waitress now has to find navigation of wallet/POS simiple while people are yelling out orders, customers are calling out, kids screaming and at the end of the evening doing cash out, figure out tips, yudda yudda.

So...does the restaurant have multiple wallets(think busy restuarant, noisey) and tip outs at end of evening...with tipping out the kitchen staff into their own private wallet addresses yudda yudda.

Now I'm not proposing that the main QT wallet for Darkcoin address this. I would agree that this would be a third party custom solution...but crypto must understand the retail side of the equation. iphone/andriod wallet is a MUST...simple, fast and easy to navigate. Computer wallets are great but impractical for most consumer needs other then ebay if that ever happens. The battle ground is restaurants, coffee bars, boutiques and restaurants in local communities. Its going to be guys like me, go through the hassle of educating my staff and clients...one person at a time...and the wallet...is the front face of the coin.

Hell you don't need a hardware wallet for the staff at all, give them a barcode on a card, customer scans address, sends DRK, staff member gets a text on their phone saying 'X DRK paid for Order Y,' if considered necessary. Existing wallet has a notify method that can trigger a text message. Staff have unique address barcodes with a back end wallet each that they never need to actually touch themselves, maybe one card for BTC, one for DRK, cash-out remains much as before just with a check of their wallet balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back