• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looooooooove it! Awesome work guys! I also feel it does a great job of pulling away from the "Dark" aspect. Fresh, clean, pro!

Well done guys !!
The general Public (FB) is way into this !
And it is 50/50 between dark and light version !
Keep it up, you doing a great job and the community is totally behind you ......>

Edit: and this was on a sunday (when nobody is on FB) !!!
Double well done to the gang ...>>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpr
Hey all,

Newb here. Lots of things coming to mind about all that is good here. Loving the teamwork, loving the communication. Watching this tech community grow is inspiring, and I mean that genuinely. I love everything economics and philosophy, so the development of a financial platform where the ultimate choice of the individual is defended and further removed from centralised corruption is, what I believe to be, a key note in the advancement of all people (cut a long story short). We are part of change, and I am proud to witness this!
So, something came to my mind last night to do with travel and holidays, as in, how do I manage a large quantity of funds safely if I intend to travel for extended periods of time. When the time comes that I can travel the world and use my mobile wallet to transact in retailers, having say $2000 of drk in my wallet would be like having a straight $2000 in my pocket when I jump off the plane. Has there been already, or is there some thinking on how one could drip feed their wallet an amount per day (like a time-delay safe)(basic idea obvs.). I don't have kids myself, but I can imagine a parent needing a way to send funds to a wandering child and not wanting them to be a walking target, or for that matter a time-delayed drip feeding target... maybe forget the time-delay :/
Ok, how about if you could set up a wallet to only send funds to certain [types] of addresses, like static (maybe rated) retailers and/or other known acc's (could this be implemented? Is it already, lol?).
I hope this is useful.

Massive respect to all,
Everething

Hi Guys, I am one of the co-producers of the web series: deathrowdemocracy.___
We had a contest to see what crypto currency our lead character should use in the show and darkcoin won. The show is set a few years into the future, and I am wondering if anyone has any idea/thoughts as to what darkcoin and the darkcoin wallet might look like in a few years time? What are your thoughts?

Somebody posted this question on FB:
Pablo A. Lema DM: will you be able to back up all your adresses in a given wallet from a secret seed like armory or do you need to back up each address individually ?? ... .>

Sorry I've made myself scarce this past week. Had to move to a new apartment and get my internet service and everything set up. But I'm back now and you can find me on Skype or lurking here around the forums, as usual. I've got a lot to catch up on... let me know if you need anything or have any questions! :)

Regards,

The DRK Lord

Hi Guys, I am one of the co-producers of the web series: deathrowdemocracy.___
We had a contest to see what crypto currency our lead character should use in the show and darkcoin won. The show is set a few years into the future, and I am wondering if anyone has any idea/thoughts as to what darkcoin and the darkcoin wallet might look like in a few years time? What are your thoughts?
As a techie fantasy (probably no use to you!) I'd like to see Darkcoin ported to Haiku OS and the wallet running as an appliance - insert USB stick, boot into Haiku (takes a few seconds, Haiku is fast the way computers are meant to be fast, I mean FAST) - transact - unplug... you could do the same thing with a really stripped down linux distro, but really it would still be an order of magnitude slower.

As a techie fantasy (probably no use to you!) I'd like to see Darkcoin ported to Haiku OS and the wallet running as an appliance - insert USB stick, boot into Haiku (takes a few seconds, Haiku is fast the way computers are meant to be fast, I mean FAST) - transact - unplug... you could do the same thing with a really stripped down linux distro, but really it would still be an order of magnitude slower.
Couldnt you just compile the client on haiku?

Hi guys... ok. So im wanting to get this wallet thing going on... and id lovento be a test bed for this at my winery and restaurant. where are we at with this?

As far as I know there's not even a Bitcoin wallet yet, so a Darkcoin port would have to be started from scratch.

And (again AFAIK) QT for Haiku is incomplete and buggy, that means even more work.

I wouldn't expect anyone doing all this for a niche platform.

Hi DRKLord....please let me know when your around.

I came up with a great idea to incorporate into the wallet... a tab pointing to approved retailers and services that use the currency right on the wallet ui. has this been done by anyone?

It would be cool if by the retailers/services it showed the darksend+ symbol for retailers and services that use darksend+.

As far as I know there's not even a Bitcoin wallet yet, so a Darkcoin port would have to be started from scratch.

And (again AFAIK) QT for Haiku is incomplete and buggy, that means even more work.

I wouldn't expect anyone doing all this for a niche platform.
I'm not expecting anyone else to do it, it's on my to-do list. Just need a spare month... :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
bigr you had other interesting points too. Particularly around your needs as a retailer. Staff payments etc.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8363488#msg8363488
yes. I talked about with Evan back in February, but things got crazy as our company has expanded. Im in a excellent position to test this with my business.... probably far better then any other retailer/manufacturer out there.

My staff is willing to participate in this... and these peeps are NOT tech savy. Perfect testing situation. We really need this guys... im very serious about this. Its not just a simple wallet thing. The Wallet must and should be the portal for all things that coin. shopping, exchanging fiat/drk(one day soon) or drk/btc. messaging... it is extremely important that those out there can use this with out having a coding background. I want to help make this happen... because no other crypto has made this bridge happen. How i see it... its techies making toys for other techies and that just wont work or do anymore.

so... is there interest in this development team to work with me to make this happen?

yes. I talked about with Evan back in February, but things got crazy as our company has expanded. Im in a excellent position to test this with my business.... probably far better then any other retailer/manufacturer out there.

My staff is willing to participate in this... and these peeps are NOT tech savy. Perfect testing situation. We really need this guys... im very serious about this. Its not just a simple wallet thing. The Wallet must and should be the portal for all things that coin. shopping, exchanging fiat/drk(one day soon) or drk/btc. messaging... it is extremely important that those out there can use this with out having a coding background. I want to help make this happen... because no other crypto has made this bridge happen. How i see it... its techies making toys for other techies and that just wont work or do anymore.

I have to say though.. I'd be a bit hesitant to add "portals" into the wallet. It being a privacy centric wallet the less external inputs the better. I think it should work really well/simply as a wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back