• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DRK ATM

I am the least social person on earth (unless drunk) wouldn't work for me ... let me be the brains and bring a body (representative) lol

If this does go ahead I am in Europe and think it would be possible to pull this off without you having to go via the U.S. (which is complicated for sure). I am located near a major tourist spot, not any of the super big cities, but one with lots of footfall and American tourists ;)

I'll be heading out soon (Friday afternoon here), but send me a message here. I don't use whatsapp/skype as one of those obsessive privacy people (I know, I know, tin-foil hat and so on). But I'm on here a lot so can handily respond here.

Any ideas about a DRK ATM?

I mean would it be useful ?
I can build and design DRK ATMs, just need a reason and funding to do it!

Anyone one know if any head way has been made on this idea yet? I for one am keen to see DRK implemented either into existing open source ATM (ie Skyhook / Lamassu) or either a Darkcoin ATM from scratch. I am based in London working with the likes of ATM operator Satoshipoint who i know are interested also. I am new to darkcointalk, i just signed up to make some contacts if anyone can help me with this enquiry, pls do msg me.. Thanks in advance.

Anyone one know if any head way has been made on this idea yet? I for one am keen to see DRK implemented either into existing open source ATM (ie Skyhook / Lamassu) or either a Darkcoin ATM from scratch. I am based in London working with the likes of ATM operator Satoshipoint who i know are interested also. I am new to darkcointalk, i just signed up to make some contacts if anyone can help me with this enquiry, pls do msg me.. Thanks in advance.
You might want to use the Inbox (top right of this thread) to send a pm to teamer, or fernando, or tungfa to find the info you need.

Maybe some venture capitalists like Otoh can get this started? That would be so awesome. 2015 should be the year for Darkcoin ATMs! :smile:

"Lamassu: Bitcoin ATM Owners Earning Up to $36,000 Per Year" :
http://www.coindesk.com/lamassu-bitcoin-atm-owners-earnings/

i know some guys here in HK who have BTC ATM's
(HK and Macau)
they all read this story and they say it is total nonsense !
36K no way , was their comment

one day in the future maybe if the price goes way back up,
but for now half of them cover their costs and pay back the investment of that ATM
+ you need a prime location to get any business anyway !
(just to clarify 36k ATM's)

36k sounds a joke to me too. There are two in my city. I often have a look at them and try to use them out of duty and almost always one or like 5 people they know who use them more than once, i.e. beyond novelty. The guys who run them use them to shore up their other Bitcoin selling (in their shops/online). They are basically ads!

i know some guys here in HK who have BTC ATM's
(HK and Macau)
they all read this story and they say it is total nonsense !
36K no way , was their comment

one day in the future maybe if the price goes way back up,
but for now half of them cover their costs and pay back the investment of that ATM
+ you need a prime location to get any business anyway !
(just to clarify 36k ATM's)
Tungfa, it says "up to...", it doesn't say *every* btc ATM owner will definitely earn at least this much a year. Maybe the author interviewed someone somewhere who did earn that much last year. But it's good to know what your guys said about this... A few years ago nobody would even think there could be such a thing as a btc ATM machine, right? :tongue:

As some of you may know, these days I am in a small trip to São Paulo: I've been to a BTC conference in a Law College here, so I decided to stay here for the rest of the week, having fun, and talking about DASH with the Paulistanos :wink:

Yesterday I had the opportunity to use a BTC ATM for the first time in my life, and I fell in love with it. It is located at https://www.fiap.com.br/conheca-a-fiap/campus/paulista

I have gone there with a friend who have never heard about cryptocurrencies before: he was amazed and decided immediatelly to start using DASH and BTC <<<<<<

teamer, ATM_man

We DO need a DASH ATM in every shopping mall and university campi.

p.s. I might go there again today, to take some more people to know it. This time I'll try to remember making some pics for you :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old thread and semi don't intend to necro it, buuuut. There is an opensourced bitcoin atm that could be easily modified to deal with Dash instead.

https://openbitcoinatm.wordpress.com/

Skyhook seems to be depreciated now. The coinkite API doesn't seem too horrible, haven't looked into it too much yet.
https://coinkite.github.io/coinkite-bitcoin-atm/

Seems like it would be an easy project. Would be easy enough to get it into a few places in large cities around the world. Possibly even talk with current vendors about firmware modifications to accept bitcoin as well. I buy BTC once and a while when i'm in Zurich from an ATM.

Back