• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Development Update - Oct 1, 2014

For reference -1 will use 100% of your spare CPU load.

When I run it with 1 or 2 it uses about 14% to 25% CPU load on my PC. Will obviously vary according to your PC or Mac

Because that block was paid on 12th July.

No, any CPU can do it.

The focus should not be on earning coins. CPU mining does very occasionally pay (I believe that it took two weeks for that payment to happen) but the focus shouldn't be on making money but sparing a little CPU time for network health if you want to. If you get a few coins once or twice a year then thats great!
Ah.. cool. Thanks. I guess I can try.

Go into the console and input:

for all cores
setgenerate true -1
for less cores
setgenerate true 1 (or whatever)

edit: then you can input: getmininginfo
for mining info :-D
I'm having my wallet on Testnet right now and I don't have a Masternode. Does it only work if you have a masternode. and do i use the same code on testnet?

Don't expect DRK wealth ;)

It took MangledBlue about two weeks ( and that was real lucky!) to get paid that block in July. The point here is that if everybody spared a bit of CPU time for solo mining (especially seeing that the functionality is already built in!) then we would see greater distribution of mining resources.

Imagine one day if there are 250,000 wallets out there mining at 50kHps. Distribution can only be a good thing. At the moment, the most centralised thing about Darkcoin is the mining pools.

I'm having my wallet on Testnet right now and I don't have a Masternode. Does it only work if you have a masternode. and do i use the same code on testnet?
You can run it with or without MN
You can run it on testnet and/or mainnet

This code and funcationality has been in the wallet since day one of Darkcoin. Its a remnant from when BTC and LTC difficulty was very low. It actually pre-exists Darkcoin itself.

Gotta crash guys/gals
Work tomorrow/today
-nearly 3 am
I hate my job - ugh - lol

Just out of interest, what CPU do you have? I think we need to start a separate thread for this. Will be starting one on Monday anyway...there's a competition afoot.

Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2390 1.86GHZ
On that it should only run 50% on 1
but if you have other things running - well then.....

the lappy I use is ONLY for wallets - nothing else

I run my lappy at 100%
Got the ass-end propped up on 2 small cups for air flow - be doing it for a LONG time :-D

edit: keep that fan blown out so it breathes
Oh my laptop is on a "Notebook Cooling Pad", the fans have stopped working a long time ago but I'm still having my laptop on it.

Oh my laptop is on a "Notebook Cooling Pad", the fans have stopped working a long time ago but I'm still having my laptop on it.

Whelp - if ya lived closer I'd just fix it.
Pretty sure I have a fan that would fit it :-D

Back