Dash Worldwide Translators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergstrom

Foundation Member
Dec 12, 2014
Malmö
If someone is offering his knowledge and free time to translate, I think that he will do his best in a way he can (thats why we need at least 2 people to do it)
I`m not english language pro guy but I feel more like a fish in a water with english rather than italian even if I`m here in Italy for 8 years now.
Of course, I also think that they will do their best. It is a good thing to have two or more people on board for each language section to look at it with fresh eyes. My English is not the best but I know how to write it in perfect Swedish, I worked as a translator seven years ago.

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
Of course, I also think that they will do their best. It is a good thing to have two or more people on board for each language section to look at it with fresh eyes. My English is not the best but I know how to write it in perfect Swedish, I worked as a translator seven years ago.
That's why I'm trying to get 2 for every language.

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
You can count on me as a volunteer for the necessary (Brazilian) Portuguese translations.

It's an honour for me to help the Darkcoin community.
Great! You're in! Portuguese primary.
On behalf of everyone, when will it start? I think that this should not be taken lightly. The translations must capture the essence of the English text and be accurate. I have discarded sites with amateurish translations. This is the first impression that the non-English speaker will be met by and it has to be a warm welcome.

How will we make sure that all foreign languages are top drawer?
I would like to get a basic team together for the next development announcement. However, we need to tweak the languages section a bit before we can proceed. Propulsion, are you out there?

Reactions: Bergstrom

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
i can help in french but sometimes i'm really busy ,like now,before the holidays
you can put me in french list as alternate
i know I've promess some french translations to Tungfa but I've been very busy for holidays
thanks
I will and thank you for your honesty saying that you may not have the time. I will put you as an alternate for now with r-ando, so you guys can start a conversation and combine forces. Thanks for volunteering!

Reactions: r-ando

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
You can count on me as a volunteer for the necessary (Brazilian) Portuguese translations.

It's an honour for me to help the Darkcoin community.
Can we keep just one version of Portuguese or we need to separate Brazilian?

TaoOfSatoshi

Grizzled Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dash Nation
www.dashnation.com
r-ando studioz aleix fernando Anlu elgringo splawik21 maky jpr afterbush Bergstrom UdjinM6 Stradan raganius Rux

Hey guys, thank you all so much for volunteering!

You are doing a great service to Darkcoin by participating in this initiative, as we will greatly expand our sphere of influence. The higher quality of work you put into it, the greater the results will be.

An update:

I am talking with Propulsion to change the language forum a bit:

The name has changed to Darkcoin Worldwide already.

I have posted (in the languages that we have volunteers for) with your names, so that future readers can contact you with questions.

These threads will be made sticky, and I will maintain them.

If you don't see your language here yet, it is coming.

If you would like to write a brief introduction in your language, please send it to me IN THIS THREAD, and I will post it to the appropriate forum.

Also, if you have time, please translate Evan's announcement here:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/roadmap-plans-for-the-next-release.3174/

If not, just wait until the next announcement. When that comes out, however, I WILL expect you to translate it. If you cannot fulfill your duties, please let me know here.

Thanks again. Let's make Darkcoin Worldwide a prestigious point of pride for the Darkcoin community around the world!

Tao

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
r-ando studioz aleix fernando Anlu elgringo splawik21 maky jpr afterbush Bergstrom UdjinM6 Stradan raganius Rux

You are doing a great service to Darkcoin by participating in this initiative, as we will greatly expand our sphere of influence. The higher quality of work you put into it, the greater the results will be.

An update:

I have posted (in the languages that we have volunteers for) with your names, so that future readers can contact you with questions.

If you would like to write a brief introduction in your language, please send it to me IN THIS THREAD, and I will post it to the appropriate forum.

If not, just wait until the next announcement. When that comes out, however, I WILL expect you to translate it. If you cannot fulfill your duties, please let me know here.

Thanks again. Let's make Darkcoin Worldwide a prestigious point of pride for the Darkcoin community around the world!

Tao
Done :) https://darkcointalk.org/threads/dorozhnaja-karta-chto-planiruetsja-v-sledujuschem-relize.3279/

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Google translate: I think I said "See the first post of Darkcoin Worldwide, by UdjinM6", or something like that.
It's wrong?
:sad::D
LOL "должность"="job title"! :D This should be smth like "Посмотрите первый пост в Darkcoin Worldwide..." and the rest is fine btw ("...Перевод UdjinM6. First....")

That gives me another idea though: maybe you need some kind of tweets-list? I mean to let you properly "spam" :rolleyes: on twitter you could use some kind of "templates" in different languages... smth like translations for qt-wallet - few translated strings that corresponds to preselected english phrases and have some marks like "<number>", "<link>" or anything you like to replace with your unique text.
I don't know what exactly you might need but let's say you have
"New translation in Darkcoin Worldwide! <link> #Darkcoin #DRK" = "Новый перевод в Darkcoin Worldwide! <link> #Darkcoin #DRK"
so all you have to do is find "<link>" marker, replace it with actual link and send a tweet in proper Russian...or French.. or German.......:cool:
Yet another example:
"There are <number> active #Darkcoin masternodes already! Run your own! <link> #DRK" = "Уже <number> активных #Darkcoin мастернод! Запусти свою! <link> #DRK"
well.. that one will require few variants actually for different numbers.. or you'll need to round the number and then it will be ok... but I think you get the idea.;)

PS. just don't tweet to often:tongue:

elgringo

Sep 23, 2014

An update:

Tao
Done in the dutch forum https://darkcointalk.org/threads/planning-voor-de-volgende-release-v0-10-18-x.3281/

Reactions: TaoOfSatoshi
Status
Not open for further replies.