• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Logo Contest

I love the internal double arrows!!

I really love #5, specially in context. I love the "klingony" look of the inverted V but WITH the little triangle dot at the bottom.

I love it to death! Really modern and stylish!

nkf1whXD0VPmwNchAouFG1sQkR3jv7KmSB36ghsCCdGauZN75_K12sqFs_ola6sBgRPNyDKwQ99yJJnVYno14_-CA__VOGdVidMayQSUgVFILt2Mebxz6TS8JtLB9ERPH5erRjQ

Didnt really look good on the list in 2D, but in 3D it looks simply amazing to me.

The grey arrows/color scheme, I don't really like tbh.

I like the rendering too, but that picture is NOT #5 which uses true vertical lettering. The rendering is #5 in italics. Evan, can you clarify?

I was going to say that too !! #5, but tilted forwads for movement would be brilliant, imho!

Could be the effect of the angled 3D rendering, but I really really thing a tilted forwards is essencial and quite dynamic.

I love the internal double arrows!!

I really love #5, specially in context. I love the "klingony" look of the inverted V but WITH the little triangle dot at the bottom.

I love it to death! Really modern and stylish!

nkf1whXD0VPmwNchAouFG1sQkR3jv7KmSB36ghsCCdGauZN75_K12sqFs_ola6sBgRPNyDKwQ99yJJnVYno14_-CA__VOGdVidMayQSUgVFILt2Mebxz6TS8JtLB9ERPH5erRjQ

Didnt really look good on the list in 2D, but in 3D it looks simply amazing to me.

The grey arrows/color scheme, I don't really like tbh.

Looks like word consist of 4 letters and each letter has it's own style - not good for currency. For some teenage stuff may be, but not for this neighborhood:

Have to agree with aaxx1503. Unfortunately, don't like any of them. They're all to futureristic bling bling and not a good fit, if Dash is supposed to target the mainstream and be perceived as a serious contender to Bitcoin.

The original logo submitted by Pille is the best I've seen of all submissions. I like that it has a tiny cheeky resemblence to VISA font. Gives instant subliminal recognition as a payment method.
7LNcIPu.png

#gonedark on BCT

Looks like word consist of 4 letters and each letter has it's own style - not good for currency. For some teenage stuff may be, but not for this neighborhood:

THIS is an extremely good point... VISA and AMEX and PayPal do not have any crazy fonts or dots for A's.. nice and simple.

Yeah, but the youngest of them all, Paypal, was established in 1998 !!!
I really think it look modern, futuristic and quite institutional.
Also, if we are a crypto to rule the world, why on earth measure ourselves against the old ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with aaxx1503. Unfortunately, don't like any of them. They're all to futureristic bling bling and not a good fit, if Dash is supposed to target the mainstream and be perceived as a serious contender to Bitcoin.

The original logo submitted by Pille is the best I've seen of all submissions. I like that it has a tiny cheeky resemblence to VISA font. Gives instant subliminal recognition as a payment method.
7LNcIPu.png

#gonedark on BCT
This should be included in the list of candidates.

THIS is an extremely good point... VISA and AMEX and PayPal do not have any crazy fonts or dots for A's.. nice and simple.
It should be large and easy to read, so that you can still read it even after the bums have pissed and vomited all over the ATM. :)

7LNcIPu.png

#gonedark on BCT

Yes I saw the Visa font similarity too, the other logos are terrible, scale absolutely horribly to smaller sizes and have way too much useless detail. They look like those Android skins made by teenagers on XDA forums.

Yeah, but the youngest of them all, Paypal, was established in 1998 !!!
I really think it look modern, futuristic and quite institutional.
Also, if we are a crypto to rule the world, why on earth measure ourselves against the old ?

Because good design is timeless and at any point in time the current voting candidates are really bad on a lot of different design levels.

Nd4JI.jpg

yup i agree...#1 with the A connected. That would be a winner....it does look like an R. I Like the arrows.

This is the one I prefer, it is supposed to be #6 in the OP, but I don't think you can see it clearly in OP. So support it if you like it:

20FTvpa.png

This should be included in the list of candidates.

The thing I worry with Pille's submission is that someone who doesn't know that it is supposed to read DASH will think it is "some random symbol" + ash. That is why I like 6. The D is more closed off and the upside down V can only really be an A.

Also PSA, I think it is only 10 DASH to join the foundation so those who really want to be a part of this should sign up. I don't think posts in this thread count as votes.

Not in this thread! In the forum.

Minotaur ... the only thing that bugs me is that one looks like an inverted G, and confused me a bit visually at first. I love the hanging unconnected dash in D (btw, pvt msg about the scritpt :wink:)

7LNcIPu.png

#gonedark on BCT
This one is the best but with shorter dash like in #1

This is the one I prefer, it is supposed to be #6 in the OP, but I don't think you can see it clearly in OP. So support it if you like it:

20FTvpa.png

Amongst the current choices I do like this one. But without the additional line in the D. It makes it look like an inverted "G" and not an inverted C which is more approiate for Digital "Cash" . I mean the D literally has a DASH in it! If it's gonna be called Dash and you just show the D at some point it's perfect to have a dash in it.

4Wt3j3z.png
Modified version without the vertical line in the D

To summarize my opinion - The D with the dash in it is Iconic, it defines the brand , the rest just need to be clean and strong letters with no fancy arrows or symbols.

Edit: Just want to mention that if you make the Dash inside the D too short - It looks like an Inverted "E" which is also no good.

kRNTsA3.png

Edit #2 - It also makes it look way less speedy and quick! With the long Dash in the D it looks like it's moving fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

20FTvpa.png
This one is pretty elegant overall, but the D looks like a backwards G. I keep seeing GASH. While I'm not dyslexic, it could confuse those who are.

Back