Dash Economics Discussion Series

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
The value-add for endusers is lower inflation.

What was wrong with inflation when dash was $1500?

It's very simple to understand this; DCG has been consuming 60% of the treasury and yet under-performing in their job. And the evidence is not just price support but more importantly rank and comparison to similar projects. Dash is now rank 23 and possibly heading lower, and here DCG wants a quick fix by shuffling a few numbers around.

The assertion of this proposal is that a more attractive ROI to MNOs, to lock up more dash and thus squeezing supply. Well, without any change in supply the masternode count has been going up. Shall we invent excuses for why that might be?

It is folly to chase ROI, it will attract scum that will ditch dash as quick as they arrive. There are plenty of other projects providing better ROI. Someone show me why dash in particular is better positioned for ROI than any other project.

With the likes of Kyber and Maker around, no one cares for ROI on a coin that has done zero to interface with ethereum. If dash is meant to be a universal payment solution, it needs to be interfaced into every single other project out there, whether that's ethereum or atomic swaps. ZCash is making inroads with ethereum, why not dash? Beam has atomic swaps with bitcoin and litecoin, why not dash?

Dash can't be a universal payment if their only plan is to get onto centralized exchanges, requiring KYC and excluding half the world's population that have little or no identification. But yeah, we'll just double the treasury and let DCG consume 60% of 20%.

qwizzie

Aug 6, 2014
It was particularly high due to the emission rate in Dash early years. The newly generated supply caused a high inflation on circulating supply.
Users were hit hardest as their Dash simply diluted over time, due to all that newly generated supply.
Masternode Operators / Miners were hit less with inflation, due to them receiving a part of the blockrewards.

Circulating supply inflation has been going down for Dash over the years (i think Ryan mentioned it fell from over 20% when Dash was $1500 to 7% with Dash current price),
but is nowhere near the level of any of our competitors (pretty much all below 3%) and is still hit hardest on the Dash users.
You can check the inflation of Dash and of some of our competitors here : https://terminal.bytetree.com/dash

More then anything this is a fight of Dash to control the circulating supply (flatten the curve) and its inflation over the next five years.
It is either that or waiting 10 years before our emission rate and inflation drops naturally to a competitive level and we will start to see benefits from that (less volatility).

Last edited:

Micheal John

Jul 6, 2020
www.getmyleather.com
I wonder on the off chance that we could disperse the un-apportioned assets from the treasury every month to those ace hubs that casted a ballot in the past superblock, so as to expand casting a ballot investment.

We could even set aside those un-designated assets and re-appropriate them like clockwork to ace hubs with casting a ballot history.

Luiz_Ant0n10

Aug 7, 2015
worldwide

It's very simple to understand this; DCG has been consuming 60% of the treasury and yet under-performing in their job. And the evidence is not just price support but more importantly rank and comparison to similar projects. Dash is now rank 23 and possibly heading lower, and here DCG wants a quick fix by shuffling a few numbers around.

The assertion of this proposal is that a more attractive ROI to MNOs, to lock up more dash and thus squeezing supply. Well, without any change in supply the masternode count has been going up. Shall we invent excuses for why that might be?

It is folly to chase ROI, it will attract scum that will ditch dash as quick as they arrive. There are plenty of other projects providing better ROI. Someone show me why dash in particular is better positioned for ROI than any other project.

With the likes of Kyber and Maker around, no one cares for ROI on a coin that has done zero to interface with ethereum. If dash is meant to be a universal payment solution, it needs to be interfaced into every single other project out there, whether that's ethereum or atomic swaps. ZCash is making inroads with ethereum, why not dash? Beam has atomic swaps with bitcoin and litecoin, why not dash?

Dash can't be a universal payment if their only plan is to get onto centralized exchanges, requiring KYC and excluding half the world's population that have little or no identification. But yeah, we'll just double the treasury and let DCG consume 60% of 20%.
Hey friend! Why do you say "inflation" on Dash network? DASH has the best parameters of the crypto business.

Pay attention to the coin supply; the Dash Circulating Supply is 9.588.640 DASH; the Dash Max Supply is 18.900.000 DASH.

and the "% of coin supply held by top 100 accounts" as example:

There are more relevant questions to ask. What type of investor prefers "Chainlink" over Dash Chainlocks?

Who mined the Bitcoin first block? And who the hell has access to feb 2009 bitcoin holding? Is he satosi or his team?

the "premine" charges against Dash were absurdly unfounded; in my opinion, btc mined in feb 2009 is like "premined coins", is worse than the "premine" accusation.

Attachments

Reactions: bhkien

GrandMasterDash

Jul 12, 2015
Hey friend! Why do you say "inflation" on Dash network? DASH has the best parameters of the crypto business.

Pay attention to the coin supply; the Dash Circulating Supply is 9.588.640 DASH; the Dash Max Supply is 18.900.000 DASH.

and the "% of coin supply held by top 100 accounts" as example:

There are more relevant questions to ask. What type of investor prefers "Chainlink" over Dash Chainlocks?

Who mined the Bitcoin first block? And who the hell has access to feb 2009 bitcoin holding? Is he satosi or his team?

the "premine" charges against Dash were absurdly unfounded; in my opinion, btc mined in feb 2009 is like "premined coins", is worse than the "premine" accusation.
Yes. It was Ryan that started this "conversation" about inflation. I think it's all just an exercise on how to direct MNOs to a single outcome.

The truth is, if DCG had been doing their job properly, we wouldn't be in this situation. Every quarter they do a presentation and tell us how real world usage is improving but I beg to differ. MNOs were disheartened when dash got to knocked to rank 15, and then to 20, and now 25. The facts are speaking for themselves yet MNOs insist on voting for DCG simply because the proposal system has no mechanism for competition. We can decrease coin emissions by 6% every month by simply voting No for DCG (60% of 10% treasury). Yet here we are being asked to double DCG's budget by moving to 60% of 20% treasury. We should not reward failure.

I don't mean to sound harsh when I say this but I think we need a complete re-org of DCG at the most senior levels. We need people that will place more priority on integrations with non-custodial entities e.g. DEXs and smart contract / liquidity platforms. We can start that process by making Bob Carroll the CEO of DCG.

GrandMasterDash

Jul 12, 2015
What type of investor prefers "Chainlink", LTC, XMR, XIN... MKR, THR... "Stellar" over Dash network?
Litecoin is about to get better, faster and easier privacy than dash.

XMR because when people called it a privacy coin, the community didn't spend years trying to convince people otherwise.

MakerDAO because it's the largest DAO with a more inclusive community than dash. $70,000 not required to participate.

Stellar, fast interoperability.

Decred, a DAO working towards full decentralization. Affordable participation (compared to dash). Decred DEX imminent, in open testing.

ZCash, actively contributes to privacy orientated organizations. Miners can mine directly to shielded addresses. The Halo protocol and their trustless proof-of-proofs could make privacy both fast and scalable.

Beam, quite possibly the best privacy coin. Privacy by default, atomic swaps (BTC and LTC). Nice mobile wallet. Quite fast and working on GhostDAG to vastly improve speed and scalability. Downside: centralized funding and development, not a DAO.

No one ever looked at coin market tables and decided to buy just one coin, and then go on to choose dash as their only one.

Luiz_Ant0n10

Aug 7, 2015
worldwide
Litecoin is about to get better, faster and easier privacy than dash.

XMR because when people called it a privacy coin, the community didn't spend years trying to convince people otherwise.

MakerDAO because it's the largest DAO with a more inclusive community than dash. $70,000 not required to participate.

Stellar, fast interoperability.

Decred, a DAO working towards full decentralization. Affordable participation (compared to dash). Decred DEX imminent, in open testing.

ZCash, actively contributes to privacy orientated organizations. Miners can mine directly to shielded addresses. The Halo protocol and their trustless proof-of-proofs could make privacy both fast and scalable.

Beam, quite possibly the best privacy coin. Privacy by default, atomic swaps (BTC and LTC). Nice mobile wallet. Quite fast and working on GhostDAG to vastly improve speed and scalability. Downside: centralized funding and development, not a DAO.

No one ever looked at coin market tables and decided to buy just one coin, and then go on to choose dash as their only one.
Do you remember the "crypto called DAO" in 2016? After all DASH proved to be the best DAO.

The Dash's DAO is the great idea on the crypto business.
https://dashnews.org/dash-first-dao/
♂

Last edited:

GrandMasterDash

Jul 12, 2015
Do you remember the "crypto called DAO" in 2016? After all DASH proved to be the best DAO.

The Dash's DAO is the great idea on the crypto business.
https://dashnews.org/dash-first-dao/
♂
Yes, dash is the best in so many ways.

Some projects have merit and it doesn't really help that much to put other projects down to make dash look better.. unless, of course, it's true, in which case I fully support an all out attack. The Lightning Network is a good example of a failed project which still somehow gets touted as the great solution to scaling.

Reactions: Luiz_Ant0n10

GrandMasterDash

Jul 12, 2015
Request for DCG When v16 comes out with the updated reward allocation, please also provide binaries with the new updates / backports but using the current reward allocation.

Request to others In the event DCG does not provide binaries using the current reward allocation, can someone here please provide binaries or give instructions for doing it myself.

Thanks

forro

Apr 13, 2019
... I'm hoping we see proposals broken out as follows:

1. Change the allocation 9% towards masternodes?
2. Allocate leftover treasury funds to masternodes and miners?
3. Increase treasury cap to 20%?

I think this would provide enough granularity in case something doesn't pass, and allows simple followups in the next cycle.
Bump.

If issues 2 and 3 are submitted as separate proposals, if one doesnt pass, followups will be easier than if they were combined.