• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Group Q4 2017 Summary Call

When the young generation wakes up , then the old greedy generation will be stipped down.
No money, no pension, no home, no medical care, for the old greedy ones. Let the old greedy generation stay with their useless old (fiat or crypto) money, which no one will recognize as a medium of exchange. In the future, when the young generation wakes up, the old greedy generation, due to lack of money, will end up strippers, clowns or any other kind of entertainer.
Not to start engaging you in silly conversation...but who exactly are you referring to as the old greedy generation. Here's a news flash Einstein....ALL GENERATIONS ARE GREEDY...its a proven human trait. Get over it.

Not to start engaging you in silly conversation...but who exactly are you referring to as the old greedy generation. Here's a news flash Einstein....ALL GENERATIONS ARE GREEDY...its a proven human trait. Get over it.
Whatever generation defines money as time and space dependant, is a greedy generation. The money of this generation deserves to be ignored, and this generation has to be punished, for ignoring the rights of the unborn.

Not all generations are greedy (for example, here you are, a non greedy one.) MANY GENERATIONS IN THE PAST NOT ONLY TOOK INTO ACCOUNT THE RIGHTS OF THE UNBORN, BUT ALSO SACRIFICED THEMSELVES, AND GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR THE FUTURE GENERATIONS.

The fact that you belong to a scam generation (that will be punished ) does not give you the the right to generalize and judge all generations. Not all generations were and will be stupid, greedy and selfish like yours.

"An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it but the sign of Jonah the prophet"

Last edited:
In the future, when the young generation wakes up, the old greedy generation, due to lack of money, will end up strippers.

If watching 'the old greedy generation' strip is your thing Demo then I applaud your candour for sharing that here... not sure it will be much of a moneyspinner though

Hum, I thought we'd have a new date by now ;) @kot you'll announce in this thread, right?

I agree - communication just started to improve - lets not go downhill again @kot

Also I have 1 more question if I may - when will we see a solid update of Evolution from Core? @Ryan Taylor @fernando @Bradley Zastrow
Be it a demo of some sort or screenshots. It has been 2 years since the Core team has shown proof of work and I think that after 2 years something needs to be demoed. Its getting a little ridiculous and I dont mind if there are delays because this is cutting edge tech etc...There just needs to be something shown after 2 years of effort....Our position is not #12 on CMC for no reason.

Last edited:
I agree and I think all miners and masternode owners who are investing in this project deserve a real update on progress.
I am trying very hard to be patient however its getting a little ridiculous.

I have the same feeling - is it THAT hard to hire/delegate one person from the Core Team just for the purpose of interaction with the community ? I think one of the strongest points of the DASH project is its community - non-trolling professionals with a lot of energy. Do we really want to lose them or make them lose their faith in our project ?

A solid project update and basic demo of some parts of Evo would definitely boost morale. @kot - don't get me wrong but I think your reports don't provide that much of solid data for us. Eg. in the last report the TIME column is marked green for Evolution Frontend, DASH Copay wallet and Evolution DAPI projects. Green color means "Key milestones are met and critical path and delivery end date are not affected." - now, what are the delivery end dates for those projects, are they set for June 2018, March 2020 or November 2046 ?

The planned date for the call is 9th February 2018, 15:00 or 16:00 UTC. I will confirm it a little bit later today - after checking all tools.

@Stealth923
Evolution demo will be shown as soon as it is ready to be presented. It would be very bad idea to present not functional product in development stage. I understand strong desire to see new product but on the other side I would never want to see incomplete software presented as a product

The planned date for the call is 9th February 2018, 15:00 or 16:00 UTC. I will confirm it a little bit later today - after checking all tools.

@Stealth923
Evolution demo will be shown as soon as it is ready to be presented. It would be very bad idea to present not functional product in development stage. I understand strong desire to see new product but on the other side I would never want to see incomplete software presented as a product
Thanks for that kot, as for Evolution we are not asking for a working product just a decent progress update and maybe a few screenshots or something? Give us something to cling to

Thanks for that kot, as for Evolution we are not asking for a working product just a decent progress update and maybe a few screenshots or something? Give us something to cling to

The way I understand it, there are some core elements that make the interface something of a game changer. Revealing one part of the product might compromise other parts. Personally, I don't entirely subscribe to this narrative but this is the way they are approaching it, similar to how amazon, back in the day, introduced their 1-Click shopping. In contrast, Request Network appears relatively open in their approach. With that in mind, I'm okay with Core taking this stance because I'm curious to see how the different philosophies play out. See their blog: https://blog.request.network/

The way I understand it, there are some core elements that make the interface something of a game changer. Revealing one part of the product might compromise other parts. Personally, I don't entirely subscribe to this narrative but this is the way they are approaching it, similar to how amazon, back in the day, introduced their 1-Click shopping. In contrast, Request Network appears relatively open in their approach. With that in mind, I'm okay with Core taking this stance because I'm curious to see how the different philosophies play out. See their blog: https://blog.request.network/
This is fair enough as I am heavily invested and want the best for this project. However, I'm sure they can give us more than they are currently without releasing trade secrets. We are excepting delay after delay, and I don't have a problem with that because I understand what it takes to develop and project and the difficulty with timelines, but come on! We're sitting in a dark room here and there not even talking.

I guess it’s all a juggling act. If the core team don’t want to communicate and provide solid updates after 2 years, to ensure their secrets are safe. Then eventually some of the very big investors will start to exit their positions to reduce their risk profile just in case Evolution never shows its face. Kill the project due to lack of communication and investors getting frustrated or possibly kill it by demoing some magic Evolution secret. Hmmm

The longer this goes on, the lower we will drop on Coinmarketcap and no amount of marketing or good integration news will make us go higher. Hasn’t anyone noticed how much great news we have had yet we continued to drop to #12? Once we drop out of top 20 it’s going to be extremely hard to claw our way back.

Last edited:
Don't worry, once we get Evolution and the DAPI, we can fund a second development team to build a competing ecosystem. Things will be very different when that happens.

As much as it pains me, I need to protect my investment. I will be voting NO for all core proposals that come through from this point on, and I suggest everyone else does too.

I think 2 years is enough time to show some form of Work in progress. They are a smart bunch of people, they can figure out something to demo/communicate without spilling all their secret sauce if they put their mind to it.

Last edited:
One may start to think now that they don't have any product called Evolution at all and it's just a big hoax. How long it will take the community to realize it ? 1 year of development more, 2 years ? Core team doesn't even want to reveal the time frames of particular parts of Evo, which is quite frightening. I hope the concerns of the community will be addressed on Friday call (in a meaningful way), but for now it all looks pretty bad.

Last edited:
As much as it pains me, I need to protect my investment. I will be voting NO for all core proposals that come through from this point on, and I suggest everyone else does too.

I think 2 years is enough time to show some form of Work in progress. They are a smart bunch of people, they can figure out something to demo/communicate without spilling all their secret sauce if they put their mind to it.
You know what, I will be voting no in protest as well! I don't want core to go without funding but they need to see they are making stakeholders unhappy! I hope you wake up before the next budget DASH CORE

We are working on the new reporting process within the team. I hope it will satisfy your needs

I guess it’s all a juggling act. If the core team don’t want to communicate and provide solid updates after 2 years, to ensure their secrets are safe. Then eventually some of the very big investors will start to exit their positions to reduce their risk profile just in case Evolution never shows its face. Kill the project due to lack of communication and investors getting frustrated or possibly kill it by demoing some magic Evolution secret. Hmmm

The longer this goes on, the lower we will drop on Coinmarketcap and no amount of marketing or good integration news will make us go higher. Hasn’t anyone noticed how much great news we have had yet we continued to drop to #12? Once we drop out of top 20 it’s going to be extremely hard to claw our way back.
Sorry @Stealth923 , but I think we have completely different goals and vision of the project.
You are interested in gains and position on the Coinmarketcap.com. We are interested in the development of the best payments platform based on the Dash blockchain. We have never committed to any price levels or positions in statistics/charts.

The majority of work being done on the v.13 is on specifications and backend side - this is difficult to present as a screenshot.
What am I doing with PMs is a definition of backlogs with clear milestones to visualise progress in the monthly reports

Back