Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash Core Group Q4 2017 Summary Call

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by kot, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Nigel Robinson

Nigel Robinson New Member

Oh! i don't think it is a fair question!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dash News Network

1. Where is the IPv6 functionality we were told was being restored?

(*crickets chirping*)

2. Where is the explanation and accountability for Evolution being more than 2 years behind schedule?

(*crickets chirping*)

3. How is Dash going to handle the regulatory crackdown coming due to it being marketed as an investment in a common enterprise (triggering the Howey test)?

(*crickets chirping*)

4. Where is Dash's answer to the new features enabled by RBF, segwit, Bech32, Schnorr signature aggregation, and range proofs?

(*crickets chirping*)

5. How (and when) does Dash plan to fix its transaction malleability problem?

(*crickets chirping*)

6. Why is PrivateSend still such a slow, expensive, and unreliable user experience even after Evan claimed PrivateSend's problems were all fixed (back when Masternode blinding was supposedly "done" many years ago)?

(*crickets chirping*)

7. How is Dash going to compete with the nearly zero fees and nearly instant confirmation times of much Bitcoin's Lightning Network (which doesn't require paying Masternodes)?

(*crickets chirping*)

8. Is this level of opaque development and announcing new features like collateralized mining only to abandon them without comment going to continue?

(*crickets chirping*)

9. Why doesn't Dash Core use a Warrant Canary like almost all other privacy-sensitive crypto/fintech projects?

(*crickets chirping*)

Thank you for your support. It seems like you and solarguy are the only two people in the Dash community with enough integrity and honesty to ask Dash Core Club uncomfortable questions and demand substantive answers.

Let's be honest. This last update was just more of the same old self-congratulatory "we on-boarded some people and we had a great quarter, thanks for attending the conference call" nonsense with zero concrete progress, much less actual deliverables.

And despite people like Big Fat Rich making noises about being fed up with the lack of progress and communication, the Dash community simply bent over and took it from Core Club once again.

The (now demonstrably empty) threat to withhold Core Club funding due to lack of progress and communication was not backed up with action, once again supporting the popular opinion that Masternode owners are actually powerless and utterly at the mercy of EVAN DUFFIELD D.B.A. THE DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC.

#122 Dash News Network, Feb 16, 2018 at 8:50 AM
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018 at 8:57 AM
    Dash News Network
    This message by Dash News Network has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Trolling Trolling x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. PriorityToken

PriorityToken New Member

Interesting

4. t0dd

t0dd Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    XyxQq4qgp9B53QWQgSqSxJb4xddhzk5Zhh
    They are decent questions. But not asked in a reasonable way. Therefore, I wouldn't even bother. Passive aggression receives silence from me. I advocate the same response (no response) from Dash Core.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    You are confused. The one who does not answer to questions and ignores the presence of the others, is the one who suffers from passive aggretion. The one who ask questions, is not passive aggresive.
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...signs-youre-dealing-passive-aggressive-person

5 Signs That You're Dealing With Passive-Aggressive Persons
    So in our case the core team members, as long as they have read the questions and they refuse to answer, they should be named as passive aggresives.

Of course it is impossible to ignore the core team, because the core team rules and their decisions (or non decisions) affect the masternodes owners , the miners, the dash holders and all the Dash community in general.

So the only way to deal with the passive-aggretion disorder of the core team is to ask the core team in a professional way and to the point.

Or , if you are a (non stupid/non spy) masternode owner, you should first find a better core team, then vote in the budget in a way that will fire the old core team and will hire the new better one. And the only way to discover the better core team is to incentivize various developers to propose to the budget system. And then stop voting for advertising bullshits and vote in favor of develpment projects in the budget system. That way the best developers will appear, prove themselves as competitive and consistent, and then the masternodes will be safe to hire them as core team members.

#125 demo, Feb 18, 2018 at 3:26 AM
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018 at 4:29 AM
  6. t0dd

t0dd Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

Dash Address:
    XyxQq4qgp9B53QWQgSqSxJb4xddhzk5Zhh
    Read your link again. But we all know this behavior. A concern troll for example, is a prototypical passive aggressive. Anyone that questions or comments with embedded or "subtle insult" is also typical (like the questioner in this thread). All they have earned is to be flagged as someone I ignore.

7. demo

demo Active Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    Ok...I agree.

The core team is certainly passive aggresive because they do not answer questions, but also whoever ask questions to the core team with embedded or "subtle insult" may also be considered as a passive aggresive too.

As already said, a way to deal with the passive-aggretion disorder of the core team is to ask them in a professional way and to the point, and certainly not ask them questions with embedded or "subtle insult". Passive aggretion VS passive aggretion leads nowhere, taking also into account that it is impossible to ignore the core team.

Of course, the other way is to find a better core team....

#127 demo, Feb 18, 2018 at 4:33 AM
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018 at 4:42 AM
  8. slamdunk

slamdunk Member

I have been unable to deny a growing skepticism of DASH. The Q4 conference call was especially disappointing to me for many of the reasons written about here.

As a result, and for the first time, I sold some DASH.

I still want DASH to succeed, but I'm entertaining the idea that it's not what I once thought it was.

9. bigrcanada

bigrcanada Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Perfect now that we are all in agreement...those that do not like the way things are being handled...please PM me to sell me your DASH. No use having people here that are unhappy...you sell off your DASH move on to whatever project you think is better..in turn I'm happy because I've bought more DASH. Its a win win for everyone. Life is indeed short...so I wouldn't suggest anyone be involved in a project they don't align with.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dash News Network

Here are the "decent questions" asked in a reasonable way. If you believe they are still contain "passive aggression" please explain why you believe that and suggest how I may improve them.

2. Where is the explanation and accountability for Evolution being more than 2 years behind schedule?

3. How is Dash going to handle the regulatory crackdown coming due to it being marketed as an investment in a common enterprise (triggering the Howey test)?

4. Where is Dash's answer to the new features enabled by RBF, segwit, Bech32, Schnorr signature aggregation, and range proofs?

6. Why is PrivateSend still such a slow, expensive, and unreliable user experience even after Evan claimed PrivateSend's problems were all fixed (back when Masternode blinding was supposedly "done" many years ago)?

7. How is Dash going to compete with the nearly zero fees and nearly instant confirmation times of much Bitcoin's Lightning Network (which doesn't require paying Masternodes)?

8. Is this level of opaque development and announcing new features like collateralized mining only to abandon them without comment going to continue?

9. Why doesn't Dash Core use a Warrant Canary like almost all other privacy-sensitive crypto/fintech projects?

11. bigrcanada

bigrcanada Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Hey Icebreaker....please reference my previous statement above.

After years of your toxic trolling of DASH, you've lost the right to a response.

#131 bigrcanada, Feb 19, 2018 at 4:49 AM
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018 at 5:49 PM
  12. Dash News Network

You are moving the goalposts because the initial objection to the questions was simply how they were asked, but now your excuse has shifted to some other rationalization for refusing to answer the questions.

It doesn't matter *who* is asking these questions, because the entire Dash community deserves answers to them. Hiding behind your big fat excuse about being permanently butthurt about ancient history does not justify withholding important information from Dash users and Masternode owners.

It's not fair that Dash Core Club is able to utilize information known only to themselves while the rest of the Dash community/economy must make decisions based on incomplete information. That creates conflicts of interest and is illegal in other industries (the concept is called 'full disclosure' and you may google the details for yourself).

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fulldisclosure.asp

What is 'Full Disclosure'

Full disclosure is the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) requirement that publicly traded companies release and provide for the free exchange of all material facts that are relevant to their ongoing business operations.

• Useful Useful x 1