Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash Core Group Q4 2017 Summary Call

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by kot, Jan 25, 2018.

  1. kot

    kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    263
    Dear Dash Community Members,

    On behalf of the Dash Core Group Inc. I would like to invite you for the quarterly call to discuss project progress made during Q4 2017, summarise Core Team activities and answer your questions.

    The call will take place on Wednesday, 31st of January at 16:00 UTC on our WebEx channel: https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/...FD12ZRS9EHMZ8B67XOD2O8-10JSD&rnd=471877.35367

    There are 100 places available in our virtual meeting room. The call will be recorded and shared on the forum.

    Agenda:
    1. Welcome and Introduction
    2. Software Development Update
    3. Business Development Update
    4. Marketing and Communication Update
    5. Project Organization Update
    6. Project Finance Update
    7. Summary and Comments
    8. Q&A
    Pease prepare and submit your questions here in this thread or you will have an opportunity to ask your questions during the call on the chat channel (if there will be no technical issues during the session).
    I would suggest to send one question per user, as there will be limited time for answers.

    US TOLL:+1-415-655-0001
    Meeting Number: 198 746 945


    From other countries, please try numbers from the list published on the Cisco website (however I cannot guarantee if they work): http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/about/conferencing-global-access-numbers.html

    Thank you
    Robert Wiecko
     
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Stealth923

    Stealth923 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2014
    Messages:
    338
    Likes Received:
    361
    Trophy Points:
    233
    1) When will the roadmap be updated? Why has it been left in its stale state for so long?

    2) Is Evolution Version 1.0 still on track for 2018 release?

    3) Increased communication and update efforts have been greatly appreciated. When will the communication coordinator resource that was promised be hired?
     
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  3. ampp

    ampp Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2017
    Messages:
    183
    Likes Received:
    75
    Trophy Points:
    88
    1) What type of proposals does the core team feel is lacking in the community Q4 2017 & Q1 2018?

    2) How satisfied is core with the growth rate of the team to date? How much growth do we expect to see in 2018?

    3) Given dash is digital cash and the goal around cash is that it is easily transferable, what is cores stance on the current dash interchangeability/atomic swap support? Does core plan on officially providing technical assistance to atomic swap exchanges much like they support centralized exchanges? Is this a priority now or will it become a priority?

    3.1) Can dash instant send work with on-chain atomic swaps? If so could it also be used to connect to a off-chain(segwit/lightning) network to perform quick transfers?

    3.2) Has there been any discussion about coin interchangeability within or alongside evolution.

    4) When is the next open-house? Las Vegas this time?

    5) Is Dash considering any strategic partnerships/integrations with other crypto's?

    Bonus
    6) Given money is no object what would you like to spend dash on that might be considered wasteful by the community?
     
    #3 ampp, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  4. thedesertlynx

    thedesertlynx Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2016
    Messages:
    144
    Likes Received:
    131
    Trophy Points:
    93
    1) What is the single best and most reliable avenue or and person for the community to reach out to Core with questions?

    2) Is it possible to have a "dynamic roadmap" updated every month with new information, as well as completed milestones "checked off" so that the community does not miss important completed developments?

    3) As far as Github commit access (including Evolution's private repo), sporks, and other essential access, is there a contingency plan to pass these on in case of a catastrophe befalling the Core team so that Dash continues on without losing years of development work?

    4) What is Core's policy of acting as escrow for proposals? In cases where this is the best avenue, who would the point of contact be for Core-stewarded escrow?

    5) Since Core proposals usually pass overwhelmingly and request a respectable amount of funding, is it possible for the community to receive a "heads up" a few weeks in advance that a proposal is planned that cycle so as to leave room in the budget?
     
    • Like Like x 10
  5. GrandMasterDash

    GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2015
    Messages:
    2,475
    Likes Received:
    908
    Trophy Points:
    183
    1. Is core talking with Kyber Networks to add dash integration to their roadmap?

      Kyber Networks is a block-instant decentralized exchange, making cross-chain payments easy e.g. receive dash when the payer is sending Ethereum.

      This question also applies regarding Request Netowrk, ICON, or other cross-chain technology.

    2. Decoupling:
      1. Once the DAPI is live, are there any long term plans to decouple Evolution from the main Core team? Perhaps this would allow a competitive environment, encouraging alternative wallets / interfaces to be built with the DAPI.

      2. Similarly, as Core rapidly grows, would it make sense to decouple other functions of Core?

        (Evolution needing so much resources, that perhaps other functions might be better served as a separate entity)

    3. What are the most pressing improvements needed to the treasury system?
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. toknormal

    toknormal Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2015
    Messages:
    135
    Likes Received:
    145
    Trophy Points:
    93
    I hadn't noticed until now that iCEBREAKER had got himself an account on here. (Nor that he was a 19 year old girl LoLZ !)
     
    • Like Like x 2
  7. blockchaintech

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2017
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    40
    Trophy Points:
    68
    About this: Dash Core Group Inc. as a business structure. (Inc.)

    What measures are being taken, so that business projects financed by the Dash treasury can give an ROI to the community?

    For example, Dash's treasury has funded companies to develop bracelets using the Dash network, and in any traditional market, function as a venture capital fund.

    Thank You
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Name3

    Name3 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2017
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    29
    Trophy Points:
    78
    1) When will the legal structure that was talked about extensively in the Q3 call be released?

    If that question is answered In a previous part of the phone call then my question is

    2) can you confirm that privatesend will be functional in the evolution mobile wallets?
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bigrcanada

    bigrcanada Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2014
    Messages:
    312
    Likes Received:
    367
    Trophy Points:
    233
    Further to Joel's questions...

    1) Who would spear head and can we get support from core to have a full time communications and support team that would be dedicated to updating our development status as well as customer and merchant support.

    These are currently fragmented being scattered through several different channels and not easily found.

    2) Is there a plan to create a merchant support team? Again currently fragmented and not easily discovered.

    Merchants have neither the time or desire to research, and read FAQ's, plow through forums, blogs and kaleidoscope of websites to implement new technologies...especially something as convoluted as crypto. Bitcoin after serveral years has failed miserably and has nothing to do with fees and transaction times, most places I've visited say they just dont understand how it all works. We all need to be real with each other...and DASH is in a unique position with Evolution to come out with a solution.

    As merchant, I do not wish to lurk through a maze of chat groups, technical papers etc...I want to go to one central location...get the help I need and have a tech person walk me through the process give me the solution and done. Providing this level of service would change the game. We can't get adoption if we don't have a back bone to support merchants. If merchants don't accept DASH...customers cant spend it. Leaving this to third parties is not advisable.
     
    #9 bigrcanada, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. bhkien

    bhkien Active Member
    Linguistic

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2014
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    280
    Trophy Points:
    133
    I have few questions:

    - When DAPI available? How can we test it?
    - Does Dash Core thinks about the way to release softwares that don’t affect to infrastructure like wallets on mobile phone, or some front end products. I think release more frequently with small improvements will make community happier. It’s hard to estimate time for big release, but for small improvements, it is not very hard to estimate, then I think the Core should still need to state about release time, because it’s good for developers to know what they are expected.
    - What do you think about our target users to attract? What group of people should we focus to attract them? What are the specific things of this group?
    - What the Core needs community to support? What part the Core will not work and leave for community project?
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. feedbands

    feedbands Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2017
    Messages:
    309
    Likes Received:
    171
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Can we get an updated official headcount of full-time employees and part-time employees working for Core? ( I want to make sure I'm communicating accurate information)

    Thanks!
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. AnarchicCluster

    AnarchicCluster Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2014
    Messages:
    400
    Likes Received:
    409
    Trophy Points:
    133
    Dash Address:
    XgJkzjmW1onXH8EsaaZakN1GswjjnAYhUE
    Are there any updates on Masternode blinding? I cannot find it on the roadmap. Has it been abandoned?
     
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Trolling Trolling x 1
  13. kot

    kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    263
    Ad.1. We have just signed the papers few days ago and the structure is in place since then
    Ad.2. This is not yet confirmed (will be updated during the time of development)
     
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. kot

    kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    263
    Ad.1. I would say that it is Fernando at the moment (he is our new CMO and communication is part of his responsibilities)
    Ad.2. This is actually a very good idea. I will ask portfolio manager (I am recruiting the person) to make this a part of portfolio monthly reporting
    Ad.3. I don't know at the moment. Will put this on the list of questions
    Ad.4. There is no formal policy written. Usually we ask for project plan and milestones, payment schedule related to the milestones and testing plan + acceptance criteria. Each milestone is being verified and part of the payment made if tests are passed. Bradley is working on the new formal process for escrow
    Ad.5. I will ask Ryan and new CFO for this
     
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. kot

    kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    263
    Ad.1. There is still work on the technical documentation going on. We don't want to declare anything that cannot be confirmed (just to avoid another confusion with declarations vs. reality). The roadmap will be updated as soon as documentation is in place and Nathan, Andy, tech leads and PMs can confirm and commit to it. Nevertheless, we are not planning to give fixed dated in the roadmap but regular development updates instead
    Ad.2. Evolution MVP is still planned for 2018 release
    Ad.3. Fernando (new CMO) is working on communication plan and more structured approach (communication is a part of his duties)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  16. kot

    kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    263
    Kindly please define "ROI to the community".
    Dash Core Group primary role and goal is to deliver software product. We also work on the software maintenance, bug fixing, website and Dash promotion and marketing. All of this is direclty related to Dash product (payment network and protocol).
     
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Name3

    Name3 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2017
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    29
    Trophy Points:
    78
    So when will the papers be public?
     
  18. thedesertlynx

    thedesertlynx Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2016
    Messages:
    144
    Likes Received:
    131
    Trophy Points:
    93
    Thanks for the answers! Let me be more specific on #4 as I feel part of it was misunderstood: If a proposal owner wants to use Core for escrow, who should I direct them to? Bradley? If so, just shoot him an email?
     
    • Like Like x 1
  19. djcrypto

    djcrypto Member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2014
    Messages:
    180
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    88
    Dashop.io will make it easy for qualified merchants to be added to the marketplace.
     
  20. djcrypto

    djcrypto Member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2014
    Messages:
    180
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    88
    Was just re-watching Joel's interview with Evan from back in June 2017.
    Masternode blinding has been integrated into DAPI.

    Starts at 11:18
     
  21. djcrypto

    djcrypto Member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2014
    Messages:
    180
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    88
    Please advise who to contact regarding issuing shares to the Trust.
    Should Dashop.io be funded, it will issue 30% equity stake to the Trust.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. kot

    kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    263
    Yes, please contact Bradley via email. We will create more convenient way soon
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. kot

    kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    263
    This is to clarify with lawyers - we should obtain guidance from the law firm on that. Ryan has a meeting with them this week, so he’ll ask them about it.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  24. mastermined

    mastermined Active Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

    Joined:
    May 26, 2014
    Messages:
    492
    Likes Received:
    363
    Trophy Points:
    133
    • Agree Agree x 3
  25. strophy

    strophy Administrator
    Dash Core Team Dash Support Group Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2016
    Messages:
    446
    Likes Received:
    225
    Trophy Points:
    113
    For Ryan/Bradley: When you pitch Dash as a potential payment system to a vendor/integrator, how much comparison to our competitors is involved? Are entities like Dash Core as a central point of contact seen as an advantage or disadvantage from their point of view? In general, how do you approach these meetings?
     
  26. Name3

    Name3 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2017
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    29
    Trophy Points:
    78
    What is the Core Teams take on treasury funds being using for politically polarizing proposals such as Ben Swann? Do you worry these proposals will sour the public to Dash due to its association with a specific side of the political spectrum?
     
    • Trolling Trolling x 2
  27. GrandMasterDash

    GrandMasterDash Well-known Member
    Masternode Owner/Operator

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2015
    Messages:
    2,475
    Likes Received:
    908
    Trophy Points:
    183
    Wow, slow down, I don't think that's a fair question, it has little to do with them. It certainly wasn't their decision to make.
     
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  28. thedesertlynx

    thedesertlynx Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2016
    Messages:
    144
    Likes Received:
    131
    Trophy Points:
    93
    I think that question was thoroughly answered when Core itself submitted the Free Talk Live proposal to sponsor a much more politically polarizing show than anything Swann has produced.
     
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. kot

    kot Well-known Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2015
    Messages:
    662
    Likes Received:
    1,794
    Trophy Points:
    263
    Ad.1. We can neither confirm nor deny to whom we may be speaking as we are often under NDAs etc... Or even if we're not - signaling to the market before the partner is ready to go public can be a quick way to kill a deal
    Ad.2. The development teams are separated but still work on the same product (Dash product). So complete separation of Core development and Evo teams makes no sense at the moment - this is one team working on the same product.
    Ad.3. I can speak only for myself. From my perspective the system needs more controls e.g. clear definition of deliverables, milestones, payments, timelines connected with some payment schedule for each project. Then management of the delivery and payment process. This is obviously PM talking ;)
     
  30. Name3

    Name3 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2017
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    29
    Trophy Points:
    78
    @GrandMasterDash I realize this wasn't their decision. I'm not asking them to take responsibility for it, merely weigh on what effect (if any) they think it might have on the public perception of Dash.

    @thedesertlynx I don't listen to that podcast so I can't comment on that, but regardless I think the Ben Swann proposal is a different situation. With talk radio you only seek out and listen to it if you agree with it. Youtube clips are routinely posted on twitter and facebook sparking intense and polarized discussion.

    As a side note, there is a disagree reaction on this forum. You don't have to accuse everyone you disagree with of trolling.

    Now lets drop this discussion so we don't clutter up this thread with off topic posts, either the Core team will address my question or they won't.
     

Share This Page