• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH away from and shake off that dum ideal

When I watch videos explaining what dashabout the idea of being anonymous is were shipped, and that is bad for doing business
running a profitable crypto currency business has nothing to do with the government and what they do with cash
I don't care what they do with my information because at the end of the day I am the one who spends my money
If valuing privacy cost money then it's not worth anything
The government does not care about my money because I am not a bad person so I don't have to fear the government
I am happy to email targets my ads to me because I don't want to see ads that I'm not interested in
it's crazy to be involved in something that is a currency and it be not about the money, i mean if was organic food I can understand... but a currency with ideals not about money, thats crazy
I don't know what the word "fungibility" means, and I dont wnat to know. It should be deleted from the English language, as I see it being used to make excuses for stupidity
I don't read, or research, I do business and have fun with money. The word fungibility is only used by dash, I have never seen or heard it anywhere else, so to program my mind with that word being important is a mental trap
This video is not about me, I am speaking from the point of view of the general public, me personally, I don't care about anything
Yes I have never seen or heard it anywhere else, I am not saying it's not somewhere else, I am saying I have never heard anyone else use it, only dash

:what:

ok, so the reason I made this video was from reading the replies in this forum post https://dashtalk.org/threads/poll-dash-direction.7789/#post-80670

I am simply a tool, anything I say it's because it needs to be said.. I don't have any personal views, but I know if dash wants to be the type of company that puts soda machines in public places, then valuing users who are anonymous will need to be removed from the dash business model

The government does not care about my money because I am not a bad person so I don't have to fear the government

Snowden wasn't a bad guy, yet they are STILL trying to jail him.

Doesn't seem very fair to let the government decide who is good and bad, hence why we have courts.

Just trying to show you the way of the privacy centric individual :p feel free to live life however you so please.

I am simply a tool, anything I say it's because it needs to be said.. I don't have any personal views, but I know if dash wants to be the type of company that puts soda machines in public places, then valuing users who are anonymous will need to be removed from the dash business model[/QUOTE]

This might sound crazy but some gov't entity might come along and even try to restrict how much soda one can purchase.... In that case you might want to remain anonymous or you might be breaking the law for buying too much soda......

I am simply a tool, anything I say it's because it needs to be said.. I don't have any personal views, but I know if dash wants to be the type of company that puts soda machines in public places, then valuing users who are anonymous will need to be removed from the dash business model

This might sound crazy but some gov't entity might come along and even try to restrict how much soda one can purchase.... In that case you might want to remain anonymous or you might be breaking the law for buying too much soda......[/QUOTE]
This level of fear is guaranteed to end up in failure

Snowden wasn't a bad guy, yet they are STILL trying to jail him.

Doesn't seem very fair to let the government decide who is good and bad, hence why we have courts.

Just trying to show you the way of the privacy centric individual :p feel free to live life however you so please.
Snowden is a bad guy for revealing the governments secrets, back in the day the sentence for such acts was simply death, but i guess the government figured out death was too harsh a punishment for a bunch of internet cry babies, most of which had broken familes

Dash is perfect digital cash, without fungibility it cannot be money. Money has to be a medium of exchange, a unit of account, durable, divisible, portable and arguably most important of all fungible. Without fungibility the money loses it's capability of being mutually substitutable. Cash is fungible because if I lend you $10 you can pay me back with another $10 note you don't have to give me back the very same note that I lent you.

Fungibility is one of Bitcoins main downfalls. This is of course because it is so transparent thanks to the blockchain ledger. Any Bitcoins that have been used for criminal activities will therefore be worth less than a freshly mined Bitcoin. Because of this mixing services have been created in the hope to restore fungibility. The problem with this however is that any wallet address associated with said mixing services could be eventually ascertained and fungibility is once again lost. Because Dash has mixing on the protocol level this means that fungibility is certain. This privacy/fungibility is in my opinion the very reason why people whom have done their research should invest into Dash.

Dash is perfect digital cash, without fungibility it cannot be money. Money has to be a medium of exchange, a unit of account, durable, divisible, portable and arguably most important of all fungible. Without fungibility the money loses it's capability of being mutually substitutable. Cash is fungible because if I lend you $10 you can pay me back with another $10 note you don't have to give me back the very same note that I lent you.

Fungibility is one of Bitcoins main downfalls. This is of course because it is so transparent thanks to the blockchain ledger. Any Bitcoins that have been used for criminal activities will therefore be worth less than a freshly mined Bitcoin. Because of this mixing services have been created in the hope to restore fungibility. The problem with this however is that any wallet address associated with said mixing services could be eventually ascertained and fungibility is once again lost. Because Dash has mixing on the protocol level this means that fungibility is certain. This privacy/fungibility is in my opinion the very reason why people whom have done their research should invest into Dash.
When I see the word "fungibility" I stop reading, to me that word is a scam, and I'm not saying that Dash is a scam, I'm saying that only a scammer would try to use the word "fungibility" with intent to convince me of something

When I see the word "fungibility" I stop reading, to me that word is a scam, and I'm not saying that Dash is a scam, I'm saying that only a scammer would use the word "fungibility" to try to convince me of something

You stop reading cause it sounds to complex for you to understand the concept. Educate yourself. I didn't know what the word meant as well at first, but later managed to figure it out, and guess what, now I'm smarter. So much fun, my brain is like a super computer!!! :wink:

Snowden is a bad guy for revealing the governments secrets, back in the day the sentence for such acts was simply death, but i guess the government figured out death was too harsh a punishment for a bunch of internet cry babies, most of which had broken familes

By that same logic slavery was ok because the government said so at one point in time.

Can't have it both ways. Either the people know best or the government does.

Government's are naive, and need to be educated. Constantly. Our founding fathers even knew this, hence the declaration of independence and the constitution... :D

Us 21st century folk seem to keep forgetting such human rights exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I see the word "fungibility" I stop reading, to me that word is a scam, and I'm not saying that Dash is a scam, I'm saying that only a scammer would try to use the word "fungibility" with intent to convince me of something
The beauty of Dash is that someone can be anonymous, or completely transparent. The choice is up to the user, and that is where Dash has a leg up on the competition. There's a reason we call it "Digital Cash". Craig, if I go to your house and pass you a 20, does the government see that transaction? We are doing the same thing, only in a digital way. But again, you don't have to use that functionality, unless you want to. That is Dash's strength.

See, I didn't say fungibility, I'm not scamming you... :grin: Messaged you on Twitter, BTW.

fungibility is more than that,

1. say u are receiving coin that is bought from cryptsy, then after if collapse... ppl are demanding the coin be returned, as it was traced to you, you have to return it eventhough it wasnt your faulth.

2. other reason is that company that didnt want everyone know where they buy their supplies from and at what price because it was trade secret.

The reason I made this video was from reading the replies in this forum post https://dashtalk.org/threads/poll-dash-direction.7789/#post-80670

There are numerous examples where anonymity matters. For example, a woman might be living in a country where abortion is illegal. What's it like for her to buy a pregnancy test or to pay a doctor? Or maybe someone is in a safe house, hiding from a violent past?

There are numerous examples where anonymity matters. For example, a woman might be living in a country where abortion is illegal. What's it like for her to buy a pregnancy test or to pay a doctor? Or maybe someone is in a safe house, hiding from a violent past?
she can get her abortion done without using dash to pay for it, any person who's life is fucked up can live that life without using dash, there are many many more happy normal people in the world than there are people with messed up lives... if dash wants to deal with bad/sad people then it's name should be darkcoin, not dash(digital cash)

fungibility is more than that,

1. say u are receiving coin that is bought from cryptsy, then after if collapse... ppl are demanding the coin be returned, as it was traced to you, you have to return it eventhough it wasnt your faulth.

2. other reason is that company that didnt want everyone know where they buy their supplies from and at what price because it was trade secret.
all your egsamples deal with negative fearful situations, and that is not the way the REAL WORLD is.. the real world is much nicer than that, and that's where all the money is, the happy people have all the money

The beauty of Dash is that someone can be anonymous, or completely transparent. The choice is up to the user, and that is where Dash has a leg up on the competition. There's a reason we call it "Digital Cash". Craig, if I go to your house and pass you a 20, does the government see that transaction? We are doing the same thing, only in a digital way. But again, you don't have to use that functionality, unless you want to. That is Dash's strength.

See, I didn't say fungibility, I'm not scamming you... :grin: Messaged you on Twitter, BTW.
the functionality being there will forever prevent dash from becoming main stream, and if dash does not care about the main stream then the soda machine was a waste of time and money

By that same logic slavery was ok because the government said so at one point in time.

Can't have it both ways. Either the people know best or the government does.

Government's are naive, and need to be educated. Constantly. Our founding fathers even knew this, hence the declaration of independence and the constitution... :D

Use 21st century folk seem to keep forgetting such human rights exist.
As far as I know, slavery is just a story for me to believe in, and I don't believe in stories, I know my physical experience is true, and I have never experienced slavery, so it's a lie. The government in my life cares for me, using the story of society as a tool, so the government works for me, i don't work for the government, and i definitely don't fear the govenrment

the functionality being there will forever prevent dash from becoming main stream, and if dash does not care about the main stream then the soda machine was a waste of time and money

in real world we dont see ppl walking around with transparent bag containing money either.
having said that, i think evolution may able to provide kyc if needed ?

option always a good thing, right ?

You stop reading cause it sounds to complex for you to understand the concept. Educate yourself. I didn't know what the word meant as well at first, but later managed to figure it out, and guess what, now I'm smarter. So much fun, my brain is like a super computer!!! :wink:
it should be very obvious by now that I am proud to be uneducated and not smart, I have not read a book since high school, that's over 20 years. What I need to know always reaches me in every moment, because I am dum.

Back