• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH away from and shake off that dum ideal

But how would you know they are Anonymous? :D Unless they contacted you first, they are basically invisible!

And not everyone who uses Dash is a businesses individual :p

But great points Craig! Keep em up!

craigrant

Anonymity is essential for fungibility. Without it some coins will be worth less than others. This is the case now with Bitcoin. Some bitcoins are more valuable/less valuable than others because of this and this breaks the bitcoin to some extent. You don't have same problem with regular cash which is fully fungible. It doesn't matter where you got your dollar bill from. No merchant will refuse to accept it because it doesn't have a history of transactions attached to it. Same with gold or silver. These are fully fungible just like cash. This is a complex issue on many levels.

There is a war on cash fought all over the world. Many governments across the world want to end cash and make all transactions fully transparent. At that point, if that happens and they have their way, governments will grow in size and become more totalitarian, ripping off more money from taxes and ending financial privacy for everyone, friend or foe alike. Who wants that?

But how would you know they are Anonymous? :D Unless they contacted you first, they are basically invisible!

And not everyone who uses Dash is a businesses individual :p

But great points Craig! Keep em up!
When I watch videos explaining what dash is about, and the idea of being anonymous is worshiped, that is bad for doing business
craigrant

Anonymity is essential for fungibility. Without it some coins will be worth less than others. This is the case now with Bitcoin. Some bitcoins are more valuable/less valuable than others because of this and this breaks the bitcoin to some extent. You don't have same problem with regular cash which is fully fungible. It doesn't matter where you got your dollar bill from. No merchant will refuse to accept it because it doesn't have a history of transactions attached to it. Same with gold or silver. These are fully fungible just like cash. This is a complex issue on many levels.

There is a war on cash fought all over the world. Many governments across the world want to end cash and make all transactions fully transparent. At that point, if that happens and they have their way, governments will grow in size and become more totalitarian, ripping off more money from taxes and ending financial privacy for everyone, friend or foe alike. Who wants that?
running a profitable crypto currency business has nothing to do with the government and what they do with cash

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Craig, the only problem with regulation is that it comes at a price, "your privacy" and fees, as well as they sell your data to other companies. Maybe you don't want the Banks or your credit card company to know you bought condoms or a sex toy. They have no business seeing all your transactions.
I don't care what they do with my information because at the end of the day I am the one who spends my money

craigrant

Dash is not a for profit organization like Ripple Labs. There is an ideological drive behind DASH. The devs are not in it just for the money.

Arguing That You Don’t Care About The Right To Privacy Because You Have Nothing To Hide Is No Different Than Saying You Don’t Care About Free Speech Because You Have Nothing To Say - Snowden

craigrant

Dash is not a for profit organization like Ripple Labs. There is an ideological drive behind DASH. The devs are not in it just for the money.

Arguing That You Don’t Care About The Right To Privacy Because You Have Nothing To Hide Is No Different Than Saying You Don’t Care About Free Speech Because You Have Nothing To Say
That's crazy

craigrant

Arguing That You Don’t Care About The Right To Privacy Because You Have Nothing To Hide Is No Different Than Saying You Don’t Care About Free Speech Because You Have Nothing To Say - Snowden
I have a free speech and I have privacy

I don't care what they do with my information because at the end of the day I am the one who spends my money

Some people value privacy. If you are fine with others knowing everything about you, that's fine. I'm no criminal, but I value my privacy.

I have a free speech and I have privacy

But do you REALLY? If the government can choose to target you and freeze your money, or tap your phone lines, is that really privacy?

Just food for thought, I realize everyone has their own opinions on the subject, and I don't intend to step on anyones feets! I'm more in the camp of "innocent until PROVEN guilty" which makes me feel like privacy is a must have, at least in todays world, who knows one day maybe humans grow up and we can be transparent, but right now? Meh I wouldn't trust anyone but myself to secure the fact I actually have privacy.

But do you REALLY? If the government can choose to target you and freeze your money, or tap your phone lines, is that really privacy?

Just food for thought, I realize everyone has their own opinions on the subject, and I don't intend to step on anyones feets! I'm more in the camp of "innocent until PROVEN guilty" which makes me feel like privacy is a must have, at least in todays world, who knows one day maybe humans grow up and we can be transparent, but right now? Meh I wouldn't trust anyone but myself to secure the fact I actually have privacy.
The government does not care about my money because I am not a bad person so I don't have to fear the government

If valuing privacy cost money then it's not worth anything

Privacy is a right. And it doesn't cost anything. Dash mixing is free to use. Of course, if you carelessly hand over your private information to someone or company, now they know a lot about you. They can target ads based on what you bought. Gmail is free, they read your emails and look for products that you bought in the past, then they can advertise to within Gmail and with Google Ads.

Privacy is a right. And it doesn't cost anything. Dash mixing is free to use. Of course, if you carelessly hand over your private information to someone or company, now they know a lot about you. They can target ads based on what you bought. Gmail is free, they read your emails and look for products that you bought in the past, then they can advertise to within Gmail and with Google Ads.
I am happy to email targets my ads to me because I don't want to see ads that I'm not interested in

I am happy to email targets my ads to me because I don't want to see ads that I'm not interested in

anyway, don't let one feature, such as mixing coins scare you away from Dash. You can chose not to mix and show everyone how many coins you have. Dash has instantX, governance, and a ton of other great features.

it's crazy to be involved in something that is a currency and it be not about the money, i mean if was organic food I can understand... but a currency with ideals not about money, thats crazy

Craig, I suggest you educate yourself on fungibility, what it means exactly and its impact on money and currency. It is about money. http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article10370.html

When fungibility is broken, the currency is broken.

Back