• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin video

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note,
I believe this video needs 2 parts / or 2 different videos
- What is DRK
and
- How to use DRK

I am just back from a trip where i met an old friend again, he is good on computers but had a hard time understanding how to use DRK, buy/where to and how, wallets (use and secure them, step by step guide), …….. thats why i mention/suggest this …>>

I think hfn64 does a good job and we should consider his offer seriously.

If we want more videos for different audiences we could create multiple videos, I see no issue here. Let's keep this topic constructive.

hfn64 what do you need to get started?

I think hfn64 does a good job and we should consider his offer seriously.

If we want more videos for different audiences we could create multiple videos, I see no issue here. Let's keep this topic constructive.

hfn64 what do you need to get started?

I'm glad you're interested! I would really recommend a video series, perhaps. Like 'How to use Darkcoin' 'How to buy and sell Darkcoin' 'How Darkcoin works' 'What is Darkcoin', I imagine that'd be really useful, but of course - it's up to you.

All I need to get started is a script. More often than not, the videos I create, I create the concepts/scenes for. If people have suggestions, I'd happily look at possible storyboards, and select the best concepts/the most viable and work with those.
A voice over would also be extremely helpful, although I can create the video without, and then sync it with the audio, but it's much more difficult.

I'm glad you're interested! I would really recommend a video series, perhaps. Like 'How to use Darkcoin' 'How to buy and sell Darkcoin' 'How Darkcoin works' 'What is Darkcoin', I imagine that'd be really useful, but of course - it's up to you.

All I need to get started is a script. More often than not, the videos I create, I create the concepts/scenes for. If people have suggestions, I'd happily look at possible storyboards, and select the best concepts/the most viable and work with those.
A voice over would also be extremely helpful, although I can create the video without, and then sync it with the audio, but it's much more difficult.
Are you familiar with Darksend+ and Masternodes and how they work?
Are you also good at creating Infographics or know someone by any chance?

Are you familiar with Darksend+ and Masternodes and how they work?
Are you also good at creating Infographics or know someone by any chance?

I am not familiar at all, however I could take some time to get to grips with the concepts. And do you mean static image infographics? I'm good with illustrator/photoshop so yeah I could defo give it a go? If you mean animated infographics, that's a bit more difficult but of course all possible to do! :)

I finally had the net speed to watch these 2 videos from hfn64 , and i think they are ok !
- a bit too happy
- a bit too fast
- a bit too much background into in there
- .....>
but on a general, this is pretty cool and user 'friendly' (people get the message)
this kind of 'animation' (less photos thought) would be great to get the message across !

I agree with yidakee , lets start with the 1st video as an introduction, (short) then they are 'honey', and then we can do all the follow up's
(more technical stuff, MN's, Darksend +,....)
vertoe i agree, we should consider this offer, before we start with somebody else who has no idea about the crypto world, and we have to start from scratch !

Lets do it ! ...>>

Hi guys! I´m a long time forum lurker and darkcoin supporter from april on. I also run a company, where we create explainer videos (cant post a link since it is my first post on the forum). Usually it´s a good idea to start with a video narration script and based on that create a graphics storyboard that can be revised before starting on the animation. I totally agree that the video should be targeted at mass adopters rather than tech people. It should also briefly explain how darkcoin works, but most importantly it should emphasise the benefits of using darkcoin, complete anonymity, decentralized system and fast anonymous transactions. But first we need to drill down to the best marketing statement for darkcoin. IMHO "first anonymous cryptocurrency solution" is too vague. We need something that appeals more to the end user, and promotes utility of DRK. I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Maybe this is to early. How about a side video explaining any of the FUD that may have been spread? Wide adoption is made by making things easy. It would be easier for the average user to believe FUD through hearsay rather than looking it up for themselves. I say find all the crap and address it directly. No fuss. No problem. Again maybe this is to much but just an idea to calm the masses.

It takes more energy to address fud then to make fud. i prefer if we stick to the folks who want to know about Darkcoin without making alot of searches for it. communicate clearly concisely and completely.

Ok we can do all of those things, But first is first.

What is Darkcoin?

Or did thelonecrouton just nail it ?

Added a few words, still under target:

Darkcoin is an anonymous, decentralised currency that lets you send and receive money 5 times faster and over 10 times cheaper than any other system, to or from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Decentralised means no one person, government or organisation controls it or can abuse it. Unlike Bitcoin it is completely private, nobody else can see your transactions, just you and whoever you are doing business with. Darkcoin is digital cash.

Then there was my whitepaper copy/paste:

What is Darkcoin

Darkcoin is the first privacy centric cryptographic currency based on Satoshi Nakamoto’s Bitcoin.

Bitcoin was a remarkable invention. However, due to the very nature of its design, the blockchain is inherently not private. This has obvious implications for users' personal privacy, as all transactions are traceable in the block chain. Meaning that anyone with a internet connection can look up your wallet see how many coins are in your wallet and ultimately find out what you used your bitcoins to buy.

To solve this inherent problem of privacy, Darkcoin was created.

yidakee also came up with one:
What is darkcoin ?

The first fully operational private crypto-currency based on Bitcoin. It innovates by addressing one of Bitcoin's main flaws - fungibility.
Bitcoin is not fungible, its pseudo-anonymous, which serves a great purpose! Honesty and transparency! Both of which are great things!!
But what about privacy and anonymity?
Bitcoin completely fails there.
But Darkcoin can do both.
Open and scrutinised, or privately anonymised !!
And its much much MUCH faster too!

With Darkcoin you have the choice.

I really would like more people to contribute. before we nail anything down.
Just think about how you would explain drk to your grandmother :wink:

Dont stress it if it exceeds 100 words it is not crucial at this point, can always be edited down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darkcoin, the first truly private, trustless and decentralized currency is here! With Darkcoin, Your funds are carefully selected to be mixed with others, privatized and then deposited into your new private address, severing the link between you and your money. In this day and age, one can learn many things about you like how much you own, or which companies you choose to shop with. Isn't it about time you choose who gets to know your personal financial data? We think so! Try Darkcoin today and take back your privacy.

Here's a little something. I enjoy the question and tagline to draw them into what it's all about. I wanted to point out the biggest issue of course that the digital currency time has come to where we get to choose who knows our financial data and not leaving it open for all to see. Could use a a lot more drafts, but just a little something.

*Edit: Didn't realize it was so few words. Can add a bit more description perhaps to fluff it up a bit.
** Okay, added more to the paragraph shown in italics

Here's my shot at the 100 word or less description, hope at least some of this is usable :)

Darkcoin is digital cash; untraceable and completely private. Designed and developed as a revolutionary extension of Bitcoin, this currency allows you to transfer funds anywhere in the world without leaving a trace. Darkcoin works by mixing your funds through a peer-to-peer network. Using technology built directly into the wallet, you receive spendable denominations of Darkcoin similar to how you'd receive cash from a bank teller breaking a large bill.

Hi everyone,

I see that we're going to make some videos for Darkcoin! (I haven't had time to read hardly any posts here yet, and don't have time right now, but I'll start reading them tomorrow.)

In my spare time I'd be glad to help in working on the videos - the script, effects, music, editing, promoting, and whatever else I can do to help.

Here is a video I made last year for Megacoin. I did it totally 100% on my own.

In the next few days I'll look into what ideas you guys have here and see if my video editing skills can be of use. I enjoy making these kind of videos, and I'm very interested in helping draw attention and excitement to Darkcoin. I think DRK and MEC will be two of the altcoins to rebound and really succeed after this week's craziness turns around.

I'll talk to you guys soon.

-onetime

Someone should take control of this, that's basically the only way you could get this finished.

Someone should take control of this, that's basically the only way you could get this finished.
yeah It seams like there needs to be someone that drives this thing forward, I was hoping this would just naturally progress.

So how about we finish deciding the winning explanation on "What is darkcoin" this weekend.
And do that with every segment.
Brainstorming/ posting suggestions over the week. And selecting winners on weekends. How does that sound ?.

I never wanted to dictate this project so If anyone wants to help out it is greatly appreciated.

And thanks for all the suggestions, U guys are great :smile:
Keep them coming

Last edited by a moderator:
Icebucket it is not about 'dictating'
the project, it is about pushing it further ... and i think you just won the Video price ... yeahhh...>>

will send another note later with more suggestion

Here a little visual inspiration,
we could do something like this for darksend + !
this is how OB shows it's source code activity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back