Darkcoin video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebucket

Apr 11, 2014
Ok we can do all of those things, But first is first.

What is Darkcoin?

Or did thelonecrouton just nail it ?

Added a few words, still under target:

Darkcoin is an anonymous, decentralised currency that lets you send and receive money 5 times faster and over 10 times cheaper than any other system, to or from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Decentralised means no one person, government or organisation controls it or can abuse it. Unlike Bitcoin it is completely private, nobody else can see your transactions, just you and whoever you are doing business with. Darkcoin is digital cash.
Then there was my whitepaper copy/paste:

What is Darkcoin

Darkcoin is the first privacy centric cryptographic currency based on Satoshi Nakamoto’s Bitcoin.

Bitcoin was a remarkable invention. However, due to the very nature of its design, the blockchain is inherently not private. This has obvious implications for users' personal privacy, as all transactions are traceable in the block chain. Meaning that anyone with a internet connection can look up your wallet see how many coins are in your wallet and ultimately find out what you used your bitcoins to buy.

To solve this inherent problem of privacy, Darkcoin was created.

yidakee also came up with one:
What is darkcoin ?

The first fully operational private crypto-currency based on Bitcoin. It innovates by addressing one of Bitcoin's main flaws - fungibility.
Bitcoin is not fungible, its pseudo-anonymous, which serves a great purpose! Honesty and transparency! Both of which are great things!!
But what about privacy and anonymity?
Bitcoin completely fails there.
But Darkcoin can do both.
Open and scrutinised, or privately anonymised !!
And its much much MUCH faster too!

With Darkcoin you have the choice.
I really would like more people to contribute. before we nail anything down.
Just think about how you would explain drk to your grandmother ;)

Dont stress it if it exceeds 100 words it is not crucial at this point, can always be edited down.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMime

Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Darkcoin, the first truly private, trustless and decentralized currency is here! With Darkcoin, Your funds are carefully selected to be mixed with others, privatized and then deposited into your new private address, severing the link between you and your money. In this day and age, one can learn many things about you like how much you own, or which companies you choose to shop with. Isn't it about time you choose who gets to know your personal financial data? We think so! Try Darkcoin today and take back your privacy.

Here's a little something. I enjoy the question and tagline to draw them into what it's all about. I wanted to point out the biggest issue of course that the digital currency time has come to where we get to choose who knows our financial data and not leaving it open for all to see. Could use a a lot more drafts, but just a little something.

*Edit: Didn't realize it was so few words. Can add a bit more description perhaps to fluff it up a bit.
** Okay, added more to the paragraph shown in italics

Reactions: Icebucket
S

snogcel

Here's my shot at the 100 word or less description, hope at least some of this is usable :)

Darkcoin is digital cash; untraceable and completely private. Designed and developed as a revolutionary extension of Bitcoin, this currency allows you to transfer funds anywhere in the world without leaving a trace. Darkcoin works by mixing your funds through a peer-to-peer network. Using technology built directly into the wallet, you receive spendable denominations of Darkcoin similar to how you'd receive cash from a bank teller breaking a large bill.

onetime

Apr 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

I see that we're going to make some videos for Darkcoin! (I haven't had time to read hardly any posts here yet, and don't have time right now, but I'll start reading them tomorrow.)

In my spare time I'd be glad to help in working on the videos - the script, effects, music, editing, promoting, and whatever else I can do to help.

Here is a video I made last year for Megacoin. I did it totally 100% on my own.

In the next few days I'll look into what ideas you guys have here and see if my video editing skills can be of use. I enjoy making these kind of videos, and I'm very interested in helping draw attention and excitement to Darkcoin. I think DRK and MEC will be two of the altcoins to rebound and really succeed after this week's craziness turns around.

I'll talk to you guys soon.

-onetime

hfn64

Aug 16, 2014
Someone should take control of this, that's basically the only way you could get this finished.

Icebucket

Apr 11, 2014
Someone should take control of this, that's basically the only way you could get this finished.
yeah It seams like there needs to be someone that drives this thing forward, I was hoping this would just naturally progress.

So how about we finish deciding the winning explanation on "What is darkcoin" this weekend.
And do that with every segment.
Brainstorming/ posting suggestions over the week. And selecting winners on weekends. How does that sound ?.

I never wanted to dictate this project so If anyone wants to help out it is greatly appreciated.

And thanks for all the suggestions, U guys are great :)
Keep them coming

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Icebucket it is not about 'dictating'
the project, it is about pushing it further ... and i think you just won the Video price ... yeahhh...>>

will send another note later with more suggestion

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Here a little visual inspiration,
we could do something like this for darksend + !
this is how OB shows it's source code activity

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
This is great, if you could find someone to make the video.
I love it, it's a bit long though.
Look at the activity on 3:25 :D
I believe we have to throw out a bounty and get this done from the professional people mentioned by Icebucket !!

Icebucket

Apr 11, 2014
I think the primary focus should be on an introductory video for now. We could always do more in-depth videos later.

Three questions it should focus on:
  • What is Darkcoin?
  • Why do I need it?
  • Why should I use it over Bitcoin?
I agree with raze that the focus should be on a introductory video.
So now we have some ideas on what Darkcoin is, And I think that we should just go to the next two question
Why do I need it? and Why should I use it over Bitcoin?
I was first thinking that we would needed to nail down each question before moving on. But I now think that it might just be best to try to answer these 3 questions and when we have enough of input from the community, then we can match them together and make a complete text that flows.

hfn64

Aug 16, 2014
This didn't get very far... If you hire me now I can produce the video within a week or two. Someone should just take control and organise everything, finalise the script, get a voice over, find any relevant graphics, hire a motion graphic designer! I charge between £120-£150, which is a lot cheaper than the industry's average, plus I have a lot of experience in the cartographic genre.

Reactions: onetime and vertoe

illodin

Apr 26, 2014
I think the primary focus should be on an introductory video for now. We could always do more in-depth videos later.

Three questions it should focus on:
  • What is Darkcoin?
  • Why do I need it?
  • Why should I use it over Bitcoin?
By the way, I have a background in 3D animation (no Flash/2D motion graphics experience), although I don't know if that would be useful for something like this.
Please watch this: http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action

I see a lot of infographics / videos that don't follow that principle, and the people who the target audience should be,will get turned off if you get too technical at first.

Reactions: TsuyokuNaritai

r-ando

Foundation Member
Jun 22, 2014
Canada
I agree with raze that the focus should be on a introductory video.
So now we have some ideas on what Darkcoin is, And I think that we should just go to the next two question
Why do I need it? and Why should I use it over Bitcoin?
I was first thinking that we would needed to nail down each question before moving on. But I now think that it might just be best to try to answer these 3 questions and when we have enough of input from the community, then we can match them together and make a complete text that flows.
Eventually it will make sense to create an image that is separate from Bitcoin… In this way, lets refer to other crypto currencies where people get tracked and say how they do not compare to Darkcoin, then we explain Darkcoin and dismiss Bitcoin and the other cryptos once and for all…

Lets distance ourselves completely from Bitcoin and all the growing pains it is going through. (Mt. Gox, etc. and in this way we start a fresh image independent of them while benefiting from their mistakes by not repeating them)

Bitcoin is still small, lets not follow a small guy in town and lets walk our own path to become the real Darkcoin. This strategy will also effectively not only dismiss Bitcoin but the other alt coins in one shot. 2 birds (or 1000) with 1 stone.

Please check out the Marketing India section in Foundation section of Darkcointalk, there is an a very interesting article about crypto currencies there and a way to target that market. Will we be wise enough to pull off a Pepsi style move in India before Bitcoin gets there? I think so!

After all they really don't have much head start there and Darkcoin fits much better with the culture:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/111363/first_bitcoin_exchange_launches_in_india

Status
Not open for further replies.