• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin video

Status
Not open for further replies.
My name's Noah, I'm a student, working towards a degree in medicine. In the little spare time that I have I'm either browsing cryptocurrency forums or honing my skills in video production.
To try and fund my education I've started selling my services to companies, associations and individuals - I create promotional videos. I saw this post on your forum and I thought I could offer my help.

Here are two examples of my recent work, both for cryptocurrencies, one being Litecoin, the other - Dogecoin.

I think that a video for Dark could be seriously cool. I imagine it being more sleek, elegant, and perhaps 'darker' than both the Dogecoin and Litecoin video.
I would charge, but this could easily be crowd funded, very quickly. I often charge around £150, but could negotiate prices!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you are interested, please reply and we can negotiate cost quite a lot, and then get down to business!

Last edited by a moderator:
hfn64 these are some great videos you have put together.

We will definitely keep you in mind when it comes time to pick an animator. But since you have already gone through this process of making videos for other crypto currencies I would like to pick your brain. Can you give us some tips and or pointers ?. Something that we should keep in mind during this project. or maybe how you envision this video explainer :smile:

hfn64 these are some great videos you have put together.

We will definitely keep you in mind when it comes time to pick an animator. But since you have already gone through this process of making videos for other crypto currencies I would like to pick your brain. Can you give us some tips and or pointers ?. Something that we should keep in mind during this project. or maybe how you envision this video explainer :smile:

Yeah of course!
The number one thing I see is people adding too much information, for example - The people over at Litecoin were going to dedicate a sentence or two talking about who created litecoin, what their career was, how they have experience etc. To put it bluntly: No one cares about that. You want it quick and to the point. More often than not, the shorter, the better. If the video is more than 2 minutes long, you're really pushing it.

If you are looking for adoption from the average Joe, you want to make sure the average Joe can understand it. So, if you use words like 'open source' and talk about 'the blockchain', you're going to want to explain that, with another sentence, not to complex though. Keep it in layman's terms. Or, you could just not bother using such words and keep it simple.

You want to talk about why you're cryptocurrency is better than alternatives, but don't create tension between communities and bash other coins, otherwise you wont attract any users from that coins demographic.

Using is examples is also good. For example, examples of what DRK can buy, or perhaps examples of why DRK's advantages makes it better than other coins.

These are just off the top of my head, if you are interested in hiring me and there is a bounty, I would happily join in creating a script, I can also offer insight in getting a decent voice over. I do all the SFX + equalizing myself, and can also help find the appropriate music for the video if that's required.

thelonecrouton came up with this explanation of what darkcoin is over at BCT.

Short answer - Like bitcoin, but anonymous and much faster!

Longer answer -
Darkcoin is an anonymous, decentralized currency that lets you send and receive money 5 times faster and over 10 times cheaper than any other system, to or from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Decentralized means no one person, government or organization controls it. Unlike Bitcoin it is completely private, nobody else can see your transactions, just you and whoever you are sending money to or receiving money from.

I suggested that we get the best 5 explanations and vote for the best one to work with.
So keep em comming.:wink:

Added a few words, still under target:

Darkcoin is an anonymous, decentralised currency that lets you send and receive money 5 times faster and over 10 times cheaper than any other system, to or from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Decentralised means no one person, government or organisation controls it or can abuse it. Unlike Bitcoin it is completely private, nobody else can see your transactions, just you and whoever you are doing business with. Darkcoin is digital cash.

Also subtitles with many different languages is must, if we want spread the DRK to everywhere .
Or we can do different voice overs. Many people here speak languages different than English.

'The dollar is a good currency'. Really?

If you want to contribute, please do. We need complete sentences. As to What is darkcoin ?

fernando I like the way you think.. English, Russian, Spanish, Mandarin would be my top picks.
Do we have anyone willing to contribute to VO talent ?. I know we already have English and Spanish covered.

Ok... I'll give it a shot. Not only am I a proficient Audio Engineer / musician, I also have a degree in Clinical NeuroPsychology, with an emphasis on NeuroMarketing,.. Though I have no actual experience it the field, I chose music instead, but my degree is pretty fresh, plus my creativity in music might concoct something at least fun and informative. Tomorrow I'll go over this thread.

Icebucket, I just came back from a bachelor's party, so I confess I'm a bit under the influence... mind PM'ing me tomorrow to remind me and get this going ?

Those two demo videos are technically decent but the content is crap. When I am looking at an alt currency I do not wish to hear generic bull about decentralised currency available everywhere 24/7 etc.
What I want to hear is how that coin is different from bitcoin. Only after we get over few hundred millions in market cap we might think about getting people who are not familiar with bitcoin in.

I am hoping to add my voice over contribution to this cause. I wonder if creating a place for voting would be good. Keeping it honest and for the betterment of the coin. We could link to our reading. Maybe we could just use thelonecrouton script for consistency when listening. Also multiple submissions may be good from one person may be good. As I have been told I am more of a Barry White when we may be looking for more of a Tina Turner, but I can get James Brown and maybe that might be more exciting. I really dont think the video should be dark though. I know that is just a suggestion but adotion is what were looking for more than anything and well darkness sounds kinda well bad. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I must concur with the multilingual approach but people have different views on what is being said so we must be careful as to not to leave anything to the imagination of others cultural interpretation.

Polish voice??? If yes I will be happy to give some drk words of mine ;)

Not that I like it but I work "the Phones" where I work - it's a job. But I lower my voice, deep, very articulit. I'd be happy to make a demo. It would be raw and un-enhanced. Just tell me what you want me to say and I can do it tomorrow, day off - do my best not to chage any of the words but sometimes things flow a little better with minor alterations - can give it a read through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back