• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin / ShadowCash merger

Masternodes could have an additional config flag which would allow donations to be sent to the darkcoin foundation.

Something like this:
Bash:
masternode=1
masternodedonation=10

With 10 being 10% to a hard coded Darkcoin Foundation address. So if your MN received a payment of 1 darkcoin you would receive 0.90 dark instead.

Edit: It would also have to be defaulted to 0. You can not force people to donate.

Im totally in for this idea - happy to donate 50% as I said previously - now is not the time to be greedy. Donate now and watch it pay you back 10 fold later!

I remember back in the days, for one particular project my company was struggling to find top notch IT talents for a reasonable price. We had some American and European IT professionals and they were fine but also expensive. We were advised to work with an India based Talent Acquisition firm and they did find us in Bangalore, India what we were looking for a very reasonable price. So, we shouldn't restrict our scope when searching for talent.

EDIT: and I support Propulsions' Prosperous Proposition

I remember back in the days, for one particular project my company was struggling to find top notch IT talents for a reasonable price. We had some American and European IT professionals and they were fine but also expensive. We were advised to work with an India based Talent Acquisition firm and they did find us in Bangalore, India what we were looking for a very reasonable price. So, we shouldn't restrict our scope when searching for talent.

EDIT: and I support Propulsions' Prosperous Proposition
This is a great idea. There are a LOT of talented people over there....Do you remember the agency?

This is a great idea. There are a LOT of talented people over there....Do you remember the agency?

Yes, We worked with Manpower Group (manpower.co.in) and we had to pay fees as soon as we signed the contract with the new recruit. But it probably wouldn't be a good idea for us to work with a middle man. Alternatively, we could post an exact job description at monsterindia.com and have the qualified candidates to send us their CVs and then we could shortlist, skype interview them and discuss the details.

Edit: This doesn't even have to be full time job. Many of them would be happy to work part time from home. There is a time zone advantage as well. When Evan wakes up at 9am- 10am in US, it would be 7pm - 8pm in India and the new recruit would be back at his home from work and work with Evan.

We could also outsource UI, mobile wallet etc tasks to them as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Masternodes could have an additional config flag which would allow donations to be sent to the darkcoin foundation.

Something like this:
Bash:
masternode=1
masternodedonation=10

With 10 being 10% to a hard coded Darkcoin Foundation address. So if your MN received a payment of 1 darkcoin you would receive 0.90 dark instead.

Edit: It would also have to be defaulted to 0. You can not force people to donate.

+1 Would donate

Your opening the foundation? Does this mean that members can approach and ask if they can be on the foundation?
It will be a similar setup to the Bitcoin Foundation. You pay for Annual, Lifetime, and Industry memberships allowing you to vote in elections, meet-ups with the board of directors, etc.

Looking forward to hearing more details about The Foundation!

And liking the idea of hiring more devs to lighten Evan's load. India was mentioned... do they speak C++ in China too... ;)

Or Korea. Koreans are hardcore like you wouldn't believe if you've never been completely outworked by one. Tough bastards. :smile:

Russians often have talent, great theorists but crap engineers, and the drinking... nearly as bad as the Finns and far worse than the Irish.

OK I think I've offended just about everyone!

Glad the merger is off the table!!!:what: In business most mergers only work out for the acquired companies and
turn out to be bad for the acquiring company. Also never merge when your stock is undervalued, only when you are overvalued.
Darkcoin is def undervalued atm. Plus I am convinced that all those copycatcoin people will join the darkcoin network in the future anyway.

Member Donation is the way to go !
I would love client v10.17 to have a auto donation in the console
masternodedonation=1-100%, will donate at least 50% of my minted coins !
Hurray for Propulsion's Prosperous Proposition!!!

Also love the idea of the Darkcoin Foundation Membership.
This is like kinda like preferred stock.

And eduffield , Better to fund internally than externally!
If you need dough please ask us, the community, first!
You dont have to do everything yourself, share the Darkcoin issues, remember its peer to peer !
We have a strong community that rallies anonymously behind its members:cool:

I am very happy this is called off !

I see big dangers in a merger with another coin/community !
(They only have a cool wallet and good Graphic Design)

I am talking about outsourcing Dev Projects for a while, and am more than happy to organize Fundraisers or whatever is needed !!
Sure we need more help on the Dev side, but I would not do it with a merger.

DRK is build by and on Evan,
the community is here because of that !
Do not change this energy we have build up here !

PS:
I belive in the next 6 month the Altcoin market will get a big cleaning out !

a ton of coins will just die , ether as they are scams or because they just do not have enough volume and community support !
(some coins got kicked off exchanges already due to low volume)
I belive this is a good thing ! (as there is so much crap out there)

we just gotta wait a little and people will be approaching us, new community pieps who want to join (and do not have to due to a merger), the market for developers is dry now, give it some month and the freelancers will be all available again !!!

and we do NOT have to change our politics, ideas, management and development style !
(The Dark Way we are so proud of !)
in a merger we would have to !!

+1 again that this is called off !!!
(dam time zones, I am always too late for the action)

It will be a similar setup to the Bitcoin Foundation. You pay for Annual, Lifetime, and Industry memberships allowing you to vote in elections, meet-ups with the board of directors, etc.
Yes. At the moment fees will basically be a donation (additional donations also welcomed!). In the future we'll try to get some perks, but atm the focus is in helping Darkcoin.

We'll publish more in a few days. I'm sure that we will all discuss everything and a few things will change :grin::grin::grin:

The list was compiled with our feedback, is still accurate and representative of our needs :)
Ok, I will post a job posting on monsterindia.com, for a QT and C++ Dev, with a deadline to apply for the end of the month.

That gives us time to sort out who will interview them, and how we will pay him, etc.

If that goes well, we can look into expanding this.

Please note, I will be on vacation from the 10th to the 17th but I will be back in plenty of time to keep you posted on developments.

It's a shame the ShadowCash merger came out, but I'm going to go ahead and call it off completely. If we got approval from the ShadowCash team, the plan was to bring this to the community. I was never intending to act unilaterally to merge the two coins. However, it appears that a majority of the community is against this idea, so we'll find other ways to acquire talent. Thanks for your input everyone.

We still luv you Evan :p

Ok, I will post a job posting on monsterindia.com, for a QT and C++ Dev, with a deadline to apply for the end of the month.

That gives us time to sort out who will interview them, and how we will pay him, etc.

If that goes well, we can look into expanding this.

Please note, I will be on vacation from the 10th to the 17th but I will be back in plenty of time to keep you posted on developments.

hold on there tiger boy !

India is MADNESS to deal with !
They are cheap and offering services, but everybody i know who outsourced to India had HUGE problems !
we should talk about this first, where to approach this, how much we can want afford and what for .
The foundation is launching soon, then we actually have a 'budget' and evan has to say what he needs !
I know what i would love to have work done on, but i think we gotta do this over Evan !

Here an India example:
(just a joke, and NONE Racist !!)
"can you make the background in this color blue please"
"no problem sir"
"I said blue, not red"
"no problem sir"
"BLUE, not green"
"no problem sir"
....>

Back