• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin / ShadowCash merger

Masternodes could have an additional config flag which would allow donations to be sent to the darkcoin foundation.

Something like this:
Bash:
masternode=1
masternodedonation=10

With 10 being 10% to a hard coded Darkcoin Foundation address. So if your MN received a payment of 1 darkcoin you would receive 0.90 dark instead.

Edit: It would also have to be defaulted to 0. You can not force people to donate.

I would even offer this option to my MN Clients - would be very cool

Or

Even just hard code it into the code

70% miner
25% MN
5% Dev/Foundation

and this is looking at the next bump in MN percentages :)

hold on there tiger boy !

India is MADNESS to deal with !
They are cheap and offering services, but everybody i know who outsourced to India had HUGE problems !
we should talk about this first, where to approach this, how much we can want afford and what for .
The foundation is launching soon, then we actually have a 'budget' and evan has to say what he needs !
I know what i would love to have work done on, but i think we gotta do this over Evan !

Here an India example:
(just a joke, and NONE Racist !!)
"can you make the background in this color blue please"
"no problem sir"
"I said blue, not red"
"no problem sir"
"BLUE, not green"
"no problem sir"
....>
No problem, we can discuss it...I won't do anything that the community doesn't want to do obviously!

Something like this:
Bash:
masternode=1
masternodedonation=10

Or just
Bash:
donation=10
which would donate 10% of every incoming transaction that is of type "Mined", so miners and pools could donate easily as well if they wanted. "MIne on our pool, we will donate 1% to the development".

Or just
Bash:
donation=10
which would donate 10% of every incoming transaction that is of type "Mined", so miners and pools could donate easily as well if they wanted. "MIne on our pool, we will donate 1% to the development".
There is no incoming transaction for a masternode in hot/cold setup...

hold on there tiger boy !

India is MADNESS to deal with !
They are cheap and offering services, but everybody i know who outsourced to India had HUGE problems !

As someone who (has to) works with Indian developers for more than decade I can 100% agree with this, they are just TOO different.
Communication nightmare. BIG nightmare.

Are Indians good? 100% of them will tell you so, probably even more. The hard part is to track down those who REALLY are good.
Do they solve your problems? Sure, no problem, we have a solution. Just not for your problem. BTW, what was the problem again?
Are they loyal? Of course, as long as no one else offers more money. Or a nicer office...Or anything else...

In the long run, the saving of the development costs is minimal, the lost of nerves maximal.
No, I don't exaggerate!

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who (has to) works with Indian developers for more than decade I can 100% agree with this, they are just TOO different.
Communication nightmare. BIG nightmare.

Are Indians good? 100% of them will tell you so, probably even more. The hard part is to track down those who REALLY are good.
Do they solve your problems? Sure, no problem, we have a solution. Just not for your problem. BZT, what was the problem again?
Are they loyal? Of course, as long as no one else offers more money. Or a nicer office...Or anything else...

In the long run, the saving of the development costs is minimal, the lost of nerves maximal.
No, I don't exaggerate!
LOL... yes the communication is tough...

I reached out to some C++\ GUI/ QT Dev before and they were turned off as we were not open source back then.
I just emailed them again to see if they are interested in working on a project or two with us.
let's see what they say !
they will not be cheap
but
super professional !
(they come highly recommended)

I keep you guys posted

they will not be cheap
I really appreciate the discussion about funding new developers, but i want to point out that there are some core members of Darkcoin, which are working totally unfunded since months (me included) and even putting their private funds into maintaining the infrastructure of Darkcoin.

Please keep that in mind before putting money on fresh blood :)

I really appreciate the discussion about funding new developers, but i want to point out that there are some core members of Darkcoin, which are working totally unfunded since months (me included)

Hey, I dropped you a beer tip some weeks ago...did you already drink that _completely_ ?

:grin:

I wish I could help. I did code in C but I'm a self-trained programmer. Also, I did some C++ long time ago and I am sure that it will take me some significant amount of time to get to the point that I can contribute. So, if you have some easier/simpler tasks that can use someone like me, I can donate some of my time.

Thanks to all for your responses. And fernando, sorry I'm going on vacation! :oops: I won't be long though, and hopefully when I come back, we will have figured something out.

I don't mind being the one who actually follows through with actions, however. Talk is great, but eventually you just have to jump in!

Cheers!

flare Maybe we need to have a DRK-beer-a-thon!:grin: Thanks for getting into the Dark yesterday.

I reached out to some C++\ GUI/ QT Dev before and they were turned off as we were not open source back then.
I just emailed them again to see if they are interested in working on a project or two with us.
let's see what they say !
they will not be cheap
but
super professional !
(they come highly recommended)

I keep you guys posted
Someone just posted this: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/enhanced-darkcoin-wallet-ui.1705/page-15#post-28553
Is he looking to help with the wallets?

Back