• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Ambassador Group

and another little inspiration

The BTC Cheetahs
The key to Africa’s prosperity lies in the hands of its young entrepreneurs or “Cheetahs” who are increasingly turning to bitcoin to drive positive change across the continent.
Africa’s Cheetahs

Africa’s prosperity depends on Cheetahs. By Cheetahs I mean the fresh and young minds who are working assiduously to change the ailing face of the African continent without any buffoonery.

"Cheetahs are the new and angry generation of young African graduates and professionals, who look at African issues and problems from a totally different and unique perspective,” explains expert Ghanaian economist, George Ayittey. “They are dynamic, intellectually agile, and pragmatic.”

The cheetah generation believes in hard work. You may find some of them in farming, ICT business, craftsmanship or idea entrepreneurship. I respect all cheetahs, but I really admire the idea entrepreneurs. They understand how ideas shape the world so they are very swift in adopting innovation. Their aim is to improve people’s lives with these novel ideas.

Get close to them and they will generously feed your brain with their views on classical liberalism, Austrian economics, governance 2.0, spontaneous order, to name a few.

Hello Bitcoin
Recently, I have noticed that these change ambassadors have shifted the paradigm from political philosophy to cryptocurrency. The cheetahs are now into bitcoin, a new kind of money without central authority or banks. Smart Guys!

They believe bitcoin can save Africa from being ruined by intellectual buffoons. The bumbling political leaders can no longer suck our blood with fiat money. Unlike fiat money, no government controls bitcoin. It is a form of digital currency, and can only be held electronically.

The institution I work for, the Common Sense Foundation, will endorse bitcoin because its advantages far outweigh fiat money. Sneaking my inquisitive nose to sniff out what is exactly in bitcoin, the following benefits grab my attention;

1. Easy and Convenient: One can easily set up a bitcoin account within a blink of an eye.
  2. Transparency: Transactions are recorded in an open public ledger known as blockchain.
  3. Decentralized: No central authority or bank controls it.
  4. Anonymity: In the bitcoin system, account holders names are not linked to their addresses, which makes the account holder more anonymous as compared to the old fiat system.
The cheetahs have seen how bitcoin is really changing the developed world. Since bitcoin is known to many people across Europe and America, but not in Africa, the cheetahs have decided to promote it in the mainstream media to make it an acceptable method of payment and good for the exchange of goods and services.

Cheetahs in bitcoin won’t rest on their laurels (I believe), and unlike the Hippos (I mean the crazy, dumb politicians), the cheetahs will ensure that their efforts bring sanity and prosperity to all people.

The Common Sense Foundation understands that there is slow bitcoin uptake in Africa due to extreme poverty, lack of education, and irrational fear of technology. For Africa to accept bitcoin, there needs to be tireless effort in its education and promotion. Henceforth, the Common Sense Foundation will collaborate on ideas with the cheetahs in bitcoin to increase its visibility and acceptability.

Kudos to Cheetahs like the founders of the Ghana Bitcoin Foundation (Bitcoin Sika Blaze, Philip Agyei Asare and Richmond Asumin), Tawanda Kembo of Zimbabwe, Mustapha Cole of Sierra Leone, and Alakanani “Bitcoin Lady” Itireleng of Botswana. I thank you guys for turning on the light for bitcoin advocacy.

By Kwaku Adusei (Common Sense Foundation)

and another little inspiration

The BTC Cheetahs
The key to Africa’s prosperity lies in the hands of its young entrepreneurs or “Cheetahs” who are increasingly turning to bitcoin to drive positive change across the continent.
Africa’s Cheetahs

Africa’s prosperity depends on Cheetahs. By Cheetahs I mean the fresh and young minds who are working assiduously to change the ailing face of the African continent without any buffoonery.

"Cheetahs are the new and angry generation of young African graduates and professionals, who look at African issues and problems from a totally different and unique perspective,” explains expert Ghanaian economist, George Ayittey. “They are dynamic, intellectually agile, and pragmatic.”

The cheetah generation believes in hard work. You may find some of them in farming, ICT business, craftsmanship or idea entrepreneurship. I respect all cheetahs, but I really admire the idea entrepreneurs. They understand how ideas shape the world so they are very swift in adopting innovation. Their aim is to improve people’s lives with these novel ideas.

Get close to them and they will generously feed your brain with their views on classical liberalism, Austrian economics, governance 2.0, spontaneous order, to name a few.

Hello Bitcoin
Recently, I have noticed that these change ambassadors have shifted the paradigm from political philosophy to cryptocurrency. The cheetahs are now into bitcoin, a new kind of money without central authority or banks. Smart Guys!

They believe bitcoin can save Africa from being ruined by intellectual buffoons. The bumbling political leaders can no longer suck our blood with fiat money. Unlike fiat money, no government controls bitcoin. It is a form of digital currency, and can only be held electronically.

The institution I work for, the Common Sense Foundation, will endorse bitcoin because its advantages far outweigh fiat money. Sneaking my inquisitive nose to sniff out what is exactly in bitcoin, the following benefits grab my attention;

1. Easy and Convenient: One can easily set up a bitcoin account within a blink of an eye.
  2. Transparency: Transactions are recorded in an open public ledger known as blockchain.
  3. Decentralized: No central authority or bank controls it.
  4. Anonymity: In the bitcoin system, account holders names are not linked to their addresses, which makes the account holder more anonymous as compared to the old fiat system.
The cheetahs have seen how bitcoin is really changing the developed world. Since bitcoin is known to many people across Europe and America, but not in Africa, the cheetahs have decided to promote it in the mainstream media to make it an acceptable method of payment and good for the exchange of goods and services.

Cheetahs in bitcoin won’t rest on their laurels (I believe), and unlike the Hippos (I mean the crazy, dumb politicians), the cheetahs will ensure that their efforts bring sanity and prosperity to all people.

The Common Sense Foundation understands that there is slow bitcoin uptake in Africa due to extreme poverty, lack of education, and irrational fear of technology. For Africa to accept bitcoin, there needs to be tireless effort in its education and promotion. Henceforth, the Common Sense Foundation will collaborate on ideas with the cheetahs in bitcoin to increase its visibility and acceptability.

Kudos to Cheetahs like the founders of the Ghana Bitcoin Foundation (Bitcoin Sika Blaze, Philip Agyei Asare and Richmond Asumin), Tawanda Kembo of Zimbabwe, Mustapha Cole of Sierra Leone, and Alakanani “Bitcoin Lady” Itireleng of Botswana. I thank you guys for turning on the light for bitcoin advocacy.

By Kwaku Adusei (Common Sense Foundation)
The Dark continent would be a natural place for a Dark currency...

Darkcoin Ambassador Group - Opening Meeting

We selected next Wednesday the 11th as the date for our first meeting. We are offering three sessions at different times as we are all in different countries, in some locations the meetings will happen on Thursday so please check the proposed times below and compare to your local time zone.

1. First session: 7:00 am (WED) (New York)/ 12:00 pm (WED) (London)/ 1:00 pm (WED) (Madrid,Berlin) / 8:00 p.m. (WED) (Hong Kong) / 11:00 p.m. (WED) (Sidney)

2. Second session: 2:00 p.m. (WED) (New York)/ 7:00 pm (WED) (London)/ 8:00 pm (WED) (Madrid,Berlin) / 3:00 a.m. (THU) (Hong Kong) / 6:00 a.m.(THU) (Sidney)

3. Third session: 9:00 p.m. (WED) (New York) / 2:00 a.m.(THU) London/ 3:00 a.m. (THU)(Madrid,Berlin) / 10:00 a.m. (THU)(Hong Kong) / 1:00 p.m. (THU)(Sidney)

Please it is very important to RSVP here:

http://doodle.com/4y2rdm879mqnqvzi

Once we get confirmations from everyone we will confirm the final meeting times.

We will all meet on Slack at the proposed times and from there we will launch voice conferences or hangouts as necessary. We are estimating a one hour meeting so please make sure you have that much time available.

Here is a preliminary agenda for the meetings:

1. Introduction of the project. (5 min)
2. Brief introduction of the volunteers. (1-2 min per volunteer)
3. Defining the work methodology (5 min)
4. Short term goals (10 min)
5. Territory assessment (5 min)
5. Distribution of tasks to volunteers. (10 min)
6. Feedback from the members and open discussion (Open)

I will invite everyone into Slack later today using the emails you provided for this purpose, so you can get familiar with the platform. I will advice when everyone has been invited to Slack on the forums . If for some reason you didn't get an invite after I announce everyone has been invited, please don't take offense, organizing a large group is challenging, just PM me or Tungfa and we will take care of it.

We have prepared some material to assist in having an orderly meeting, this material will be uploaded to the Ambassador Slack Channel tomorrow Monday so you can all have an idea of where we are going with this before the meetings. After these opening sessions we will continue communicating over Slack, so there won't be a need to have the whole group in conference calls very often, but we believe it is important this first time to get things going.

Again, please remember to RSVP as soon as possible. See you all on Wednesday! :smile:

All ambassador group volunteers should have received an Slack invite. Please check the email you gave us for this purpose and join the channel. If for some reason you didn't receive an invite just let me or tungfa know and we will add you. Thanks.

We are starting to communicate over Slack, if you haven't please make sure to join. Let us know here if you have any questions.

Minotaur,

I just sent you my email in PM.
I'm downloading slack on my tablet, and waiting the invitation.

Edit : and made my reservation for the meeting... Lot of people on the third session ;)

Hey Guys,

We will meet on Slack tomorrow as planned and from there we will launch a conference call.

The audio for our meeting tomorrow will be managed using GoToMeeting, they work well with Mac , Windows, iOs or Android. We just tested from an Android phone and an iPad all good. You can also call in from a land line. For Linux users, you can use a web interface for the screen sharing but you need to call into the audio. If you don't have access to a windows or Mac computer we are hoping you have an Android or an iOS phone or tablet. Finally you can always call in from a landline.

Hey Guys,

We will meet on Slack tomorrow as planned and from there we will launch a conference call.

The audio for our meeting tomorrow will be managed using GoToMeeting, they work well with Mac , Windows, iOs or Android. We just tested from an Android phone and an iPad all good. You can also call in from a land line. For Linux users, you can use a web interface for the screen sharing but you need to call into the audio. If you don't have access to a windows or Mac computer we are hoping you have an Android or an iOS phone or tablet. Finally you can always call in from a landline.

what is the meeting ID for this ??

Hey, we will just meet on Slack. I will post the meeting ID there... I was just testing with some of the guys today to make sure it worked well...

Let me clarify just in case, the meeting point is Slack.... when we are all there I launch a conference call from there...

Sorry missed the first meeting. Count me in though.
Minotaur I see that there is no Polish translation as noted here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10313737#msg10313737. I have a friend that would so this for you. Where is the source documents?
Bob

Hey Bob
i think i heard about you from GreyGhost (Berlin Style)
good to have you.

meetings went well
are you loved into Slack ?
that is where everything DAG related is happening
i tag Minotaur to make sure you on
Minotaur can you check on Bob please
tx

Hey ladies and gents
I just uploaded (googledoc ! i am so proud) the DAG email request form onto slack ,
somebody did a post here on DCT, but i scan not find it anymore ! Sorry for that
We should keep everything DAG related on Slack !

fill your name and requested email into the list and minotaur will get on it
:cool:

Back