• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Ambassador Group

Not sure of netiquette here but I am just going to dive in. I am hoping to act as DA for the Philippines. I have just started organizing the Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup . We have held our first meeting. The second meetup is scheduled for Feb 28. I would like to give presentation then.

More about Philippines meetup here. Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup

I have been emphasizing Darkcoin from the very beginning. I am a newby who just dl a Darkcoin wallet and now have 4.0 DRK balance. Like many of you I am very busy but I do hope to devote quite a lot of time to DRK during the next few months and years.

Regards,

Robert La Quey

PS. Once I meet minimum requirements I will post working links, OK?

Just posting to get over minimum requirements number so I can add links. Are there any other Darkcoin enthusiasts in Philippines?

Not sure of netiquette here but I am just going to dive in. I am hoping to act as DA for the Philippines. I have just started organizing the Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup . We have held our first meeting. The second meetup is scheduled for Feb 28. I would like to give presentation then.

I have been emphasizing Darkcoin from the very beginning. I am a newby who just dl a Darkcoin wallet and now have 4.0 DRK balance. Like many of you I am very busy but I do hope to devote quite a lot of time to DRK during the next few months and years.

Regards,

Robert La Quey

Welcome to Darkcoin and thanks for doing this. You're in a good strategic location on the map! :)

Regards,

Robert La Quey

hey
great to have you on board !
thank you for your emails , I belive there is big interest in the Philippines and a huge potential market .
as of bitspark (HK exchange) there are interesting developments in that region and it is great to have you !
see you in HK soon
:wink:

It looks like I'm in at this point:grin::grin::grin:
However, I would STRONGLY recommend against using Google Hangouts (or Google anything) or Skype for meetings--to the extent that I don't think I could bring myself to attend if those were the only venue available.:oops:

FWIW--this group might be a good place to experiment with Bitmessage chans. I have used the chans with several groups and they work very nicely for staying in contact in a secure manner. They would not serve for meetups but rather as a secure/private mailing list.

It looks like I'm in at this point:grin::grin::grin:
However, I would STRONGLY recommend against using Google Hangouts (or Google anything) or Skype for meetings--to the extent that I don't think I could bring myself to attend if those were the only venue available.:oops:

FWIW--this group might be a good place to experiment with Bitmessage chans. I have used the chans with several groups and they work very nicely for staying in contact in a secure manner. They would not serve for meetups but rather as a secure/private mailing list.

Thanks for the ideas, you do realize that the group is about presenting DRK to people outside of the crypto forums, so in a way we need to be prepared to represent DRK in the real world. I think we are going to be using Slack with a Google Hangouts integration for voice, still looking into it though. The advantage with Slack is that you can search the chat history, attach files, and trigger a hangout with everyone in a channel, it is looking very good right now and I don't know another tool that does this as easily, it integrates with Asana too should we decide to use it.

Just found out about slack and I must say its a very neat team platform. Looks like the DAG is coming together, should be pretty exciting.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you Minotaur, I do realize that we will be contacting non-crypto types, and I am excited about the prospect. However, I was addressing the issue of intergroup communication, not the actual work the group will be doing in getting the word out.

I certainly don't want to put a damper on the group, but the fact is that I have been part of several efforts that while absolutely legal and above board, subsequently were retroactively declared illegal activities.:eek: Had I not taken proactive (and some would say paranoid) precautions, I would likely be sharing small rooms and bad meals with former associates. I once made the mistake of thinking the "system" was just ignorant and in need of education, and was invited to speak as an expert witness in a certain State's closed-door hearings. Two months later I found myself being featured on an "America's Most Wanted" Special edition, with John Walsh calling me the "Worst example of the scummy underbelly of society," while rolling tape of my testimony, but dubbing over my voice and putting lies in my mouth. If we ever get a chance to meet, I will show you the video, and tell you the rest of the story.

All that is to say that I would be very hesitant to be involved in venues which have a high probability of being recorded for posterity.

Minotaur, I really appreciate your post on BCT: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10313737#msg10313737
It's good to remind us to keep our focus on what is more important... Just in case if BCT is gone.. I'm going to save it here:

Don't worry about it, having our own altcoins is actually very flattering, it means others think our model and technology is valuable and would like to emulate it. We walk our own path and worry about doing the best job we can in every aspect of this project and we will have our place regardless of what anybody else does or not.

What we are investing in DRK is not about a particular current set of features. It is about a vision to constantly generate value for users and a team and infrastructure that can execute that vision. Darkcoin is about constant innovation and bringing crypto closer to regular people. To achieve this vision many things come into play development, community, investors, reputation, public awareness, timing, among many other factors.

You need to inspire people who want to contribute freely of their time to help build that vision and that is achieved with integrity and a proven track record. You need a group of folks are in it for more than just financial gain. If we were to hire a staff like the one we have in our technical development team and the one we have on our ambassador group and promotion team we would need to spend a lot of money on payroll alone, yet all these people give freely of their time to work on something they believe in. It is really inspiring and you can't copy that.

Darkcoin Ambassador Group Update

Hello, Guys, just wanted to give a quick update. We are incredibly happy with how the Darkcoin Ambassador Group is going, we are already over 30 volunteers from all over the world, looking forward to representing Darkcoin in our cities. As you know we have been contacting all of you to get some information about location and background to understand better who we are as a group and also tungfa has been contacting all of you to get your email accounts ready so that we can invite you all into Slack and the Hangouts.

Thank you for your patience, this part of the process takes some time as we are all in different places and time zones but we are almost done. Our expectation is to start our first meetings next week, we will probably give a couple of options for time and date so that everyone can attend. Our first meetings have the purpose of defining a work methodology and defining some initial goals, we will be using Slack for communication and live interaction so that is where the group will reside. Slack will be our virtual headquarters to give the group a sense of structure. Whenever you log into Slack the idea is you will find members working on their assigned tasks, sharing ideas and collaborating. We will use Asana to keep track of tasks and assign due dates and to have some level of accountability on the projects.

All members will soon start receiving their invitations to the Slack group, you can start downloading the app to your phones and computers if you wish to. We firmly believe this is another form of innovation from Darkcoin. It is a social innovation more than a technical one, but it is very much needed.

Darkcoin is going on tour, this is going to be fun.

Darkcoin Ambassador Group Update

Hello, Guys, just wanted to give a quick update. We are incredibly happy with how the Darkcoin Ambassador Group is going, we are already over 30 volunteers from all over the world, looking forward to representing Darkcoin in our cities. As you know we have been contacting all of you to get some information about location and background to understand better who we are as a group and also tungfa has been contacting all of you to get your email accounts ready so that we can invite you all into Slack and the Hangouts.

Thank you for your patience, this part of the process takes some time as we are all in different places and time zones but we are almost done. Our expectation is to start our first meetings next week, we will probably give a couple of options for time and date so that everyone can attend. Our first meetings have the purpose of defining a work methodology and defining some initial goals, we will be using Slack for communication and live interaction so that is where the group will reside. Slack will be our virtual headquarters to give the group a sense of structure. Whenever you log into Slack the idea is you will find members working on their assigned tasks, sharing ideas and collaborating. We will use Asana to keep track of tasks and assign due dates and to have some level of accountability on the projects.

All members will soon start receiving their invitations to the Slack group, you can start downloading the app to your phones and computers if you wish to. We firmly believe this is another form of innovation from Darkcoin. It is a social innovation more than a technical one, but it is very much needed.

Darkcoin is going on tour, this is going to be fun.
Tweeted. Can't wait to start!

Is it too late to say i'm in? :smile:
In fact, i just follow Tao's twitter to get here and know i really lost so many things during my absent. I'm still synchronizing the "darkcoin history block chain" at the moment: 5 days ago

I think i could do some contribute to the community and spread the Darkcoin in China.

In fact, i just follow Tao's twitter to get here and know i really lost so many things during my absent. I'm still synchronizing the "darkcoin history block chain" at the moment: 5 days ago

I think i could do some contribute to the community and spread the Darkcoin in China.
I think you are in just in time, not late at all. Minotaur would love to have you. Vertoe would also love to have you join the team to translate for Darkcoin Core:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/help-translating-the-darkcoin-core.3810/

:smile:

it is never too late raico
I put you on the list and email you later

What took you so long? :grin:

Back