• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Ambassador Group

I would love to be part of this but i'm a shy person :sad:, also in Saudi Arabia the government banned Bitcoin bank transfer's. Currently living in a European country I don't have problems moving my money in/out of exchanges and then to my Saudi bank account.

I can see many Saudi's who would love to keep their money hidden from relatives, or government eyes so Darkcoin would be very successful if people here understand it.
Some of us like to have a bet online or the odd game of poker but it is not possible in a number of countrys or states.

Very interesting idea. Wish you guys good luck. I'd like to see what kind of marketing strategies are going to be used, and what sort of impact they'll have .

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of us like to have a bet online or the odd game of poker but it is not possible in a number of countrys or states.

If Governement is banning BTC then its even more interesting for them to inform them about DRK , even if you a few friend and tell them to tell their friend you already did a hell of a job.
you could even buy DRK for them and send Anonymous.

Yeah, put me down on the list too please. I was mean't to get involved earlier in the project (website etc) but I've had such a busy few months with my IT company I've not had the time to give the community the time it deserves, I hope to change that going forwards. I've put my money where my mouth is by accumulating a few MNs, so time to back it up further with other contributions! I'm based in the north West of England in Cheshire so happy to carry the flag in this part of the world! :smile:

A very big "Thank You" to all volunteers! We are sure that this will be a fun experience for everyone. We get to promote our investment, and get to meet like-minded individuals along the way. Looking forward to getting started with all of you!

Quick Update. We have so far received a very nice response from the community. It seems like a good number of our community members have been itching to do more and take the DRK message to the world. We firmly believe organizing as a group and providing some structure and support is key, so that each member has the confidence to go out and present DRK or help coordinate in their cities so that others can present our message.

I am right now compiling everyone's input so we understand who we are and where we are located. After that we will define work-flow and means for collaboration. Once we have a way to communicate and collaborate with each other we can discuss strategy and activities.

I am on GMT-5 so I should be more active between 9 a.m. and 6p.m. (GMT-5/ EST). I am working on this while at the same time tending to my real life business so the amount of hours I can put in each day will vary. The reception of this initiative has been better than expected, we all have a responsibility to step away from our keyboards and share our vision with others.

Same here Minotaur, I spent the entire day today on my husband's books, and only now finished and am checking out quickly what went on today. But I'll keep my eyes open here for when things start happening. Please at least post here a link to any new threads or communication channels :D Thanks!

Same here Minotaur, I spent the entire day today on my husband's books, and only now finished and am checking out quickly what went on today. But I'll keep my eyes open here for when things start happening. Please at least post here a link to any new threads or communication channels :D Thanks!
A woman's touch would be quite welcome in this endeavor...we need more women to get into the Dark with us!:cool:

Love your new chameleon avatar! I ended up spending all day today working out formatting kinks anyway, LOL. I got so mad at Microsoft word, I had to put ear plugs into my children's ears so they wouldn't learn any new curse words, LOL.

I think this is a great initiative! I'd like to hear more about the details, what would be involved, etc. Thanks!

I will keep this thread updated, so people know what we are up to. Everybody that expressed interest should have received either a PM or an email from me or Fernando. If you didn't please PM me here. We are right now gathering some location and background info from everyone, as we need to understand where we are located and what is our background and skills as a group. For example, if someone is a university student in Vienna, they can be great to organize presentations at different universities in that city, etc. If someone is a business person they may be comfortable presenting to their peers. So we are right now in a discovery process to understand who we are.

Some of the members that expressed interest didn't share their location so we are asking for a little bit more info right now. I am estimating the discovery stage will continue for a few more days.

Next Steps

After that, we will go into defining a working methodology. I use and like ASANA for teamwork and collaboration, the free version has a 15 members limit and we are already more than 15 :wink:. So I am considering purchasing a license, besides this we will need something for live discussion, I have tried Slack with Fernando and Tungfa and enjoyed it quite a bit, I am thinking that and Google Hangouts when we need to speak live might be our choice to start and see how it goes.

When this is defined we will have an opening meeting, to meet each other and share initial ideas. Second step, is preparing materials, presentations and user guides so that when we actually convince someone to get into DRK, we can offer them immediate guidance. There should be a step by step guide as to how to buy DRK, keep your wallet safe, etc. In summary, we should have all the answers before we get the questions.

Some of our members already had some good ideas of meet-ups they are organizing, there will be a digital currency meet-up in the Philippines late February , one of our members is organizing the meet-up and would like to present DRK. We are thinking about using that as a test case and focus the group resources into supporting this event by helping prepare everything so that we can use all the resulting materials for any events going forward. There is also a calendar of Bitcoin conferences this year, we already have a member that would like to go represent us in the Texas Bitcoin conference, late March, so another thing we can look forward to, but the idea is to do something in each of the cities we have presence.

As each member has invaluable knowledge about their local scene, in our first meetings we will be brainstorming ideas about potential venues and initiatives. That may include
a range of different things, from presenting to the soccer mom's club, your local bar or a formal business trade show.

I will keep everybody updated as we make progress.

I will keep this thread updated, so people know what we are up to. Everybody that expressed interest should have received either a PM or an email from me or Fernando. If you didn't please PM me here. We are right now gathering some location and background info from everyone, as we need to understand where we are located and what is our background and skills as a group. For example, if someone is a university student in Vienna, they can be great to organize presentations at different universities in that city, etc. If someone is a business person they may be comfortable presenting to their peers. So we are right now in a discovery process to understand who we are.

Some of the members that expressed interest didn't share their location so we are asking for a little bit more info right now. I am estimating the discovery stage will continue for a few more days.

Next Steps

After that, we will go into defining a working methodology. I use and like ASANA for teamwork and collaboration, the free version has a 15 members limit and we are already more than 15 :wink:. So I am considering purchasing a license, besides this we will need something for live discussion, I have tried Slack with Fernando and Tungfa and enjoyed it quite a bit, I am thinking that and Google Hangouts when we need to speak live might be our choice to start and see how it goes.

When this is defined we will have an opening meeting, to meet each other and share initial ideas. Second step, is preparing materials, presentations and user guides so that when we actually convince someone to get into DRK, we can offer them immediate guidance. There should be a step by step guide as to how to buy DRK, keep your wallet safe, etc. In summary, we should have all the answers before we get the questions.

Some of our members already had some good ideas of meet-ups they are organizing, there will be a digital currency meet-up in the Philippines late February , one of our members is organizing the meet-up and would like to present DRK. We are thinking about using that as a test case and focus the group resources into supporting this event by helping prepare everything so that we can use all the resulting materials for any events going forward. There is also a calendar of Bitcoin conferences this year, we already have a member that would like to go represent us in the Texas Bitcoin conference, late March, so another thing we can look forward to, but the idea is to do something in each of the cities we have presence.

As each member has invaluable knowledge about their local scene, in our first meetings we will be brainstorming ideas about potential venues and initiatives. That may include
a range of different things, from presenting to the soccer mom's club, your local bar or a formal business trade show.

Not sure of netiquette here but I am just going to dive in. I am hoping to act as DA for the Philippines. I have just started organizing the Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup . We have held our first meeting. The second meetup is scheduled for Feb 28. I would like to give presentation then.

More about Philippines meetup here. Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup

I have been emphasizing Darkcoin from the very beginning. I am a newby who just dl a Darkcoin wallet and now have 4.0 DRK balance. Like many of you I am very busy but I do hope to devote quite a lot of time to DRK during the next few months and years.

Regards,

Robert La Quey

PS. Once I meet minimum requirements I will post working links, OK?

Next Steps

Not sure of netiquette here but I am just going to dive in. I am hoping to act as DA for the Philippines. I have just started organizing the Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup . We have held our first meeting. The second meetup is scheduled for Feb 28. I would like to give presentation then.

More about Philippines meetup here. Makati-Digital-Currency-Meetup

I have been emphasizing Darkcoin from the very beginning. I am a newby who just dl a Darkcoin wallet and now have 4.0 DRK balance. Like many of you I am very busy but I do hope to devote quite a lot of time to DRK during the next few months and years.

Regards,

Robert La Quey

PS. Once I meet minimum requirements I will post working links, OK?

Just posting to get over minimum requirements number.

Back