• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Crowdfunding DASH Europe Foundation

Simba

Dash Europe Foundation

Issue
To spread and expanse the Dash network in Europe is an expensive job. In comparison to South America or Africa the typical per head costs of a new acquired merchant or user are much higher. That is owed by facts like rent for offices and meeting rooms, costs for employees and the fact that the “old” FIAT based currencies in Europe like euro, pound, Danish/Norwegian/Swedish kroner are highly accepted and trusted in the society. Even events like the euro crisis can’t damage this position sustainable.

Unfortunately, Dash loses also for the last eight month a negligible amount of worth. Programs in South America, Africa and Europe has to cut down, to get a funding through the DAO.

Solution
We can solve issues like that with unusual solutions. I know, I’m a nobody here in the forum. But sometimes also these guys have great ideas. My purpose is to fund a charitable foundation with the task to support European dash organizations to spread the idea of Digital Cash.

How does it work?
At the moment there are already three measures planned:
1. Staff funding program
Pay parts of the staff of an organization for a limited time (e.g. three months).

2. Event funding program (One-Time or repetitive)
Pay a part (or the hole costs) of an event.

3. POS funding program
The right motivation for merchants to accepts DASH? To lower their investment costs.

During all these programs we will follow all organizations we support in detail. When they don’t communicate our support during a proposal, we will stop that immediately. The plan is to take the load from the DAO.

The foundation will only support national organization like the Embassy D-A-CH (and hopefully there will be many more in Europe in the future!) upon request. Also, the foundation will help people to build up an organization in other countries through Europe with staff teaching programs and by organizing scholarly exchange events where we bring all European organizations in one room.

We want to translate all documents of DASH into every single official language which is spoken in Europe. But what is Europe?
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Vatican City.

The European Union already known 24 official languages and not every country in Europa is part of the European Union!

You see, there is a huge amount of workload!

Control mechanism
There will be a supervisory committee in the future which consists out of elected represents from the national organizations. One Term for this committee is projected by one year, so that every European DASH organization has the chance to co-determine.

Financing
What I don’t want is a piecemeal financing for this project. To respect of the German laws the foundation needs to be a solid funding, otherwise the German financial authority will refuse the act of foundation.

The budget which I calculated for the foundation is 3.000 DASH (onetime). I want to ask the community by using a crowdfunding. I know, that is great amount of wealth. But in the end, the hole DASH community will be benefited and especially the DAO budget will be on a long-term basis discharged.

The way the 3.000 DASH will be used:

· 1.000 DASH are used to setup a MN to pay monthly bills, e.g. office rent.
· 2.000 DASH will be used to get earnings out of trading BTC against EUR. I know what I’m doing. I’m a proprietary trader who increase his own wealth by the factor 57 since starting BTC trading 2015.

I don’t want to put this project into a proposal, because the budget there is already very limited, and I don’t want to endanger great and important projects in Europe, South America and Africa.

I like to answer your questions

When you want to support my idea, i set up a new DASH Wallet on my ledger:
Xheac2niS6phH6AHkt42UJh8SX8sxU2U4F

It would be great to bring DASH forward in Europe! So please, believe in me what I want to do.

Well good luck with your crowdfunding, but i doubt you can raise 3000 Dash this way.
But a man can dream..

Sorry guy, but i expect constructiv inputs. What is your problem with such an idea? The amount? Yes. It is not plenty. But what do you think is more honestly? To say: Such a project needs 12 months 250 DASH each?
Or are you not understanding the original problem which I want to solve?

Well good luck with your crowdfunding, but i doubt you can raise 3000 Dash this way.
But a man can dream..

To be honest, i don't believe that it will be happen. But maybe there are people out there who see the same problems then me and which contact me to build a better and cheaper solution then that foundation.
Implementing DASH into the European society is an expensive way. It needs e.g. DASH ATMs and merchants who accept DASH. But to build up such an infrastructure costs money. You get nothing as a gift out there in the real world.

Let us look to Venezuela. Many customers are still opening wallets, many merchants accept DASH. But the activity on the blockchain wanes.

Imagine the following case:
An "embassy", D-A-CH or an other one, are able to make a deal with a McDonalds franchise. They accept as a test for one week DASH and grant a 10% discount for payments with DASH. These 10% discount could payed by one of the foundation programs, so that the McDonalds franchise has no loss. Customers and the franchise will recognize how fast and easy DASH payments are. That is a practibale way to implement DASH into Europe. Also you can't go such a way with a proposal. If you don't get the funding for such a incenitive and you have to cancel such a deal with a McDonalds franchise, he will never speak with you again. You need a way where you already know before you talk the first time with possible merchants for such a incenitive, that you are able to make the deal.

Imagine the following case:
An "embassy", D-A-CH or an other one, are able to make a deal with a McDonalds franchise. They accept as a test for one week DASH and grant a 10% discount for payments with DASH. These 10% discount could payed by one of the foundation programs, so that the McDonalds franchise has no loss. Customers and the franchise will recognize how fast and easy DASH payments are. That is a practibale way to implement DASH into Europe.

The merchants to do discounts and the dash network to pay them for the loss, this has been already proposed, but not implemented yet.

Last edited:
Can’t find it on dash central, do you have any link to the proposal?
I'm confused now, why do you exspect your fundraising (which as you state is not a budget proposal) to be on Dash Central ? And who are you asking ?

Edit : never mind, i have demo on ignore so that got a bit confusing.

I do wonder why you are posting this fundraising in the budget proposals section, this section should only be about discussing budget proposals which masternode owners get to vote over.

Last edited:
Can’t find it on dash central, do you have any link to the proposal?

As far as I know, nobody put this idea as a proposal into the dash budget system.
Although this is a very old idea, you may search for "discount" in this forum if you want to investigate who firstly conceived this idea.

For example the below quote dates back in May 8, 2015:
So it seems that accepting more than just DASH is popular so i will add a couple of more coins. I will provide a discount for paying in DASH though.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

And here is a recent relevant quote of mine that dates Mar 11, 2018:
You missed important parts of the basic income puzzle.
  1. You should incentivize the merchants to offer discounts to whoever buys commodities using dash and this discount should be paid by the dash budget system (and not by the merchants). Which means that you should ask funds for these discounts too.
  2. You should also incentivize the suppliers of the merchants to use dash, and to offer to the merchants supplies with discount (paid by the dash budget system too). Users -> Merchants -> Suppliers -> Users. The money circle should close.
  3. You should implement a proof of individuality for both merchants, suppliers and ordinary dash holders. Because the dash community wants to inspect and analyze potential fraud.
  4. Finally all these problems are technical and numerical problems. These numbers should not be constants, but they should change in order to adapt to various circumstances , which means that some people should be allowed to vote these numbers accordingly.

Last edited:
I'm confused now, why do you exspect your fundraising (which as you state is not a budget proposal) to be on Dash Central ? And who are you asking ?

Edit : never mind, i have demo on ignore so that got a bit confusing.

I do wonder why you are posting this fundraising in the budget proposals section, this section should only be about discussing budget proposals which masternode owners get to vote over.

I think you mix up different things. I don't want to start a budget proposal, never the less I thought that this is a good category for the topic. I don't start a proposal, because I don't want that important programs which already cut their budget in South America, Afrika or Europe get eventually no budget. The goal of the foundation is to support european DASH programs and not that they have to cut down for the foundation.
@demo said that there was already an idea for a incenitive merchant program in the past, but it didn't came to a proposal.

@demo You are absolutely right about my comment being inappropriate. I have deleted it with my apologies. It’s not the first time I had to mod myself! :)

BTW: Your post was also deleted for speculation as fact, but your point was taken. Thanks for keeping me honest. ;)

I think it is a good idea. With this idea, a lot of good can be done and both parties will benefit. However, when it comes to fundraising, there is has to be more than just a post on a forum. Donors need to see more of your plan in action.

Dash Europe Foundation

Issue
To spread and expanse the Dash network in Europe is an expensive job. In comparison to South America or Africa the typical per head costs of a new acquired merchant or user are much higher. That is owed by facts like rent for offices and meeting rooms, costs for employees and the fact that the “old” FIAT based currencies in Europe like euro, pound, Danish/Norwegian/Swedish kroner are highly accepted and trusted in the society. Even events like the euro crisis can’t damage this position sustainable.

Unfortunately, Dash loses also for the last eight month a negligible amount of worth. Programs in South America, Africa and Europe has to cut down, to get a funding through the DAO.

Solution
We can solve issues like that with unusual solutions. I know, I’m a nobody here in the forum. But sometimes also these guys have great ideas. My purpose is to fund a charitable foundation with the task to support European dash organizations to spread the idea of Digital Cash.

How does it work?
At the moment there are already three measures planned:
1. Staff funding program
Pay parts of the staff of an organization for a limited time (e.g. three months).

2. Event funding program (One-Time or repetitive)
Pay a part (or the hole costs) of an event.

3. POS funding program
The right motivation for merchants to accepts DASH? To lower their investment costs.

During all these programs we will follow all organizations we support in detail. When they don’t communicate our support during a proposal, we will stop that immediately. The plan is to take the load from the DAO.

The foundation will only support national organization like the Embassy D-A-CH (and hopefully there will be many more in Europe in the future!) upon request. Also, the foundation will help people to build up an organization in other countries through Europe with staff teaching programs and by organizing scholarly exchange events where we bring all European organizations in one room.

We want to translate all documents of DASH into every single official language which is spoken in Europe. But what is Europe?
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Vatican City.

The European Union already known 24 official languages and not every country in Europa is part of the European Union!

You see, there is a huge amount of workload!

Control mechanism
There will be a supervisory committee in the future which consists out of elected represents from the national organizations. One Term for this committee is projected by one year, so that every European DASH organization has the chance to co-determine.

Financing
What I don’t want is a piecemeal financing for this project. To respect of the German laws the foundation needs to be a solid funding, otherwise the German financial authority will refuse the act of foundation.

The budget which I calculated for the foundation is 3.000 DASH (onetime). I want to ask the community by using a crowdfunding. I know, that is great amount of wealth. But in the end, the hole DASH community will be benefited and especially the DAO budget will be on a long-term basis discharged.

The way the 3.000 DASH will be used:

· 1.000 DASH are used to setup a MN to pay monthly bills, e.g. office rent.
· 2.000 DASH will be used to get earnings out of trading BTC against EUR. I know what I’m doing. I’m a proprietary trader who increase his own wealth by the factor 57 since starting BTC trading 2015.

I don’t want to put this project into a proposal, because the budget there is already very limited, and I don’t want to endanger great and important projects in Europe, South America and Africa.

I like to answer your questions

When you want to support my idea, i set up a new DASH Wallet on my ledger:
Xheac2niS6phH6AHkt42UJh8SX8sxU2U4F

It would be great to bring DASH forward in Europe! So please, believe in me what I want to do.

Run loses likewise throughout the previous multi month a unimportant measure of worth. Projects in South America, Africa and Europe needs to chop down, to get a financing through the DAO. We need to interpret all records of Run into each and every authority language which is spoken in Europe.

Back