• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Chant Pre-Proposal

Nick Chant

Dear Dash forum,

Pleased to say that we are re-evaluating our proposal and will be re-posting in due course.

Thank you for your kind attention and support so far.

Best regards, Dan

Last edited:
Dear Dash forum,

Pleased to say that we are re-evaluating our proposal and will be re-posting in due course.

Thank you for your kind attention and support so far.

Best regards, Dan

Last edited:
You are asking for quite a lot of money how much of your own funds will be used for this?

£300k has been spent on the project. This has gone into the development of the App Code/ Brand/ Design/Live Show testing/ Legal framework/ Trademarks /Artists Pipeline/ Staff/.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I really like your idea, but I think one of the reason the community is not responding because there's a lack of detail regarding budget.

Overall I believe this to be a great project.

Wish you luck!

Best regards,

Santos

I am aware the Dash community likes Escrow and we have investigated the options. Greencandle are charging a large amount and the acountancy firm Nyman Libson Paul is more than happy to act as an Escrow for us. We would enter the proposal and then hand the private keys over to the acountacy firm. Anyone will be able to verify this by emailing the acountacy firm and asking them to deposit a small amount of dash from the wallet we used to enter the proposal. I hope this is an acceptable form of Escrow for the community.

What would you do if you don't get the support of the Dash network?

I just feel like you are asking for too much money. I do like the things you are offering just not at that price. Especially if you are still accepting fiat.

Also, some confirmation from those Twitter users with 10s of millions of follower would be good.

You can also contact the Dash Core team regarding escrow if you don't like greencandle.

Who is the best person to contact in the dash core team? And with regards to access to people who have large twitter folllowings our artist pipeline has many large acts that have millions of twitter followers we are standing on the shoulders of giants so we dont have to do marketing for ourselves. It is also worth checking out the founders (Dan Morrell) website
and Youth (Martin Glover) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_(musician)

Last edited:
How many users do you have to date? What’s your expansion strategy? Have you down market research?
Why are you aiming for 1/10th of the worlds population in 3 years? Seems a bit to high for my taste
I tbh don’t see your idea working out. Why would you want your favorite song with your own chant integrated?
However after reading that your targeting the Asian market I can somehow see it working out

Hi Chant team, I am a new member but some initial thoughts on the proposal:

1. Do users of the app have to pay to download the app and then pay to record and send their chants to artists? That seems like a lot of disincentives piling up on the app.

2. You mention the Asian market as a big target, do you have inroads there yet? There are very diverse social media and online tools across 'Asia' (which is has many diverse cultures) and marketing a new app or concept is not a small task.

3. Why is Dash a necessary part of this project?

While I like your mission and goals, I don't quite understand the concept and more importantly, don't understand what Dash brings to it / what you are bringing to Dash besides some fairly open-to-interpretation numbers.

Cheers

Hi what research have you done to show this project will work at £2 per dl price point? That seems hugely expensive to me. I can see how you and the artists may be incentivised; not so much the users though?

Hi Chant team, I am a new member but some initial thoughts on the proposal:

1. Do users of the app have to pay to download the app and then pay to record and send their chants to artists? That seems like a lot of disincentives piling up on the app.

2. You mention the Asian market as a big target, do you have inroads there yet? There are very diverse social media and online tools across 'Asia' (which is has many diverse cultures) and marketing a new app or concept is not a small task.

3. Why is Dash a necessary part of this project?

While I like your mission and goals, I don't quite understand the concept and more importantly, don't understand what Dash brings to it / what you are bringing to Dash besides some fairly open-to-interpretation numbers.

Cheers

Thanks for your enquiry.

1 . The app is free to download. Fans then pay to upload their Chants

The price point can vary- the £2 is what the Record companies and iTunes feel is the right price as is a premium service. The price can of course come down all go up depending on the uptake.

Some artists may wish to give a block of Chants for free to promote track at the beginning-Great ongoing promotion too creating a vintage- With the support from the record label and publisher. To get your voice at the beginning of a track can create a Rush for fans to take up I'm grab the first free Chants.

We have sponsor interest from some of the telcos. A telco has offered to pay for the Chants uploads and gift this to customers on certain promotions as a marketing/customer retention mechanism. Other sponsors may well do the same.

2. Yes we have strong inroads into the Chinese Market and K Pop. We have worked historically with music in Japan and have good trusted contacts there. The Far East is a priority for us. Many UK /European and USA artists also had big fan bases in the Far East. Further engagement comes from this access generated by the talent to the Far East and Global fan bases.

3. Dash relationship.

The benefits to Dash are.

Access to the music industry globally arriving at headline and superstar acts utilising the chant journey. Standing on the shoulders of giants - who have 10,000,000's of existing users. These users will be encouraged to use Dash. Opinion users with significant following will do a job of building Dash Community for Dash.

Offering Dash exclusive cryptocurrency gateway and as preferred payment over fiat.

Offering new artists who sign up- Dash- as long as they tweet out a thankyou to the community.

Offer to pay artists and charities in Dash thus building a network who are using the currency as a result of our activity.

Motivate Fan users to use Dash to purchase the addition of their voice to a track in this brand new fan interaction innovation. This potentially accesses millions of people quickly.

The Dash Community can be helpful to Chant - together we could build this prosocial concept - creating a mass audience interaction that significantly benefits the environment and get creative people payed for there product. Dash is seen as an innovator therefore together with Chant as an innovator we collectively receive powerful marketing reach through this partnership.

There is a lot of investor interest- VC wish to fund and the resources in the team are available to us to make this happen in any event whether we received Dash funding or not. We however do not wish to take the VC root because they wish to create a 'sprint and sell' project and we're looking to create a long-term pro-social movement. This is also important to bring on the artists community as they would not wish to be exploited by venture capital.

The Dash funding delivers the resource to scale up this 'major task' that you correctly identify above. We would hope that from this beginning a long-term relationship will evolve. Together we can get big quickly.

Last edited:
We have researched by meeting with Apple iTunes - Universal Music Group- Warners and Sony.- the consensus is that this is a premium service. The price point has been suggested by then. We however are able to vary price. In some instances it will be free. Sponsors can pay too so in exchange for promotion Chant can be free to the fan. Four extra special releases or to get your Chant included in a historic back catalogue favourite- the price point can be higher. The £2 is a helpful modelling price only.

Last edited:
Hi what research have you done to show this project will work at £2 per dl price point? That seems hugely expensive to me. I can see how you and the artists may be incentivised; not so much the users though?

How many users do you have to date? What’s your expansion strategy? Have you down market research?
Why are you aiming for 1/10th of the worlds population in 3 years? Seems a bit to high for my taste
I tbh don’t see your idea working out. Why would you want your favorite song with your own chant integrated?
However after reading that your targeting the Asian market I can somehow see it working out

The Asian market is a priority and I'm glad you see this part potentially working out. Chant can either catch fire or not - We believe that it will having done the research and received the positive feedback from the artists community. If it does not catch fire it can still be a significant platform so risks are mitigated.

Users

Chant live band has a small following.The app is ready for Beta test. The artist that have created music for us already have 15000 to 30,000 fans social media followers. The pipeline of major talent has following in the millions. Our potential user base comes from standing on the shoulders of Giants.

Marketing Strategy

Our strategy is to stand on the shoulders of giants accessing tens of millions of people globally. Quickly.

So far the Chant audience has been the artist community only. Authenticity / Credibility is essential to get mass acceptance from tallent. Our strategy has being to bring this Community together and this work is done. We're not talking to Fans yet at scale. This is the job of the artists who put their products on sale through our retail app thus accessing their fan base. Record companies and artists are incentivised to do this in the same way as a normal release however through chant they get paid upfront.

If a Superstar act kick Chant off other artists might not feel they owned the initiative and could be put off. It's got to come from the bottom up in order to gain mass acceptance from tallent. This has been the reason for the Chant live show to test the concept. We have our own band that has done 23 gigs and performed at major festivals. Please see the links above in the proposal.

The first band to test the app will be us - the Chant live band- we will test on ourselves. We then have 10 small to medium size acts that have already created or are creating music for us. Following this we moved to the pipeline of mainstream and superstar acts. Standing on the shoulders of these giants we can create a global community quickly. Some have found bases up in the tens of millions.

We have an art aspect to the project. When we Gig we create land art or graffiti- this is creating a great vibe around the music artist community and the growing movement. The idea is to create an movement rather than just a brand and Art is a good way to achieve this. Two years of gigging an analog interaction has been really successful. The audience love to join a show. We are now ready to get going to the next phase. Extensive public relations/ performances/ art exhibitions/ festival interaction/ Live show and touring Will be taking place over the coming year to build the movement. The pro social element is relevant/ everybody is a latent activist and is concerned about the environment. As a byproduct of purchasing your music you're actively improving your local and global Community.

Market research

Extensive testing has been carried out through the live show. Do audiences like getting their voice in the mix ? Absolutely!

Apple iTunes- and the major publishing and record labels- Universal Music Group/ Warners/ Sony have been approached at board level. Their feedback has been positive all of whom are interested in finding ways to help promote the initiative. Apple/ ITunes has offered to feed in on testing for the user journey for the app Store with a view to promotion.

Publishing and Record companies / rights ownerssee classic track and back catalogue as a major sales channel for them through the Chant retail app. The fan will be able to Chant into their favourite classic song of all time. The price point can vary to be competitive with the other online retail outlets - we've modelled £2 per upload though this can vary dependent on uptake.

The management of mainstream and superstar acts have being receptive. The artists like the financial model as they get paid for their products as opposed to the low cost streaming services and piracy they suffer from hence the support we're getting from talent. Talent involvement is the real key- fan is an abbreviation of the word fanatic. The fan band interactive relationship we have created is a latent marketing tool. We have tested the concept with brand development public relations and marketing agencies and again positive feedback. The pro social element creates long-term Communication. Your voice turns into a tree or cleans a river. The fan will be interested in updates on these for for years to come.

The artists have got a new instrument to play with- the audience so creatively they can do whatever they wish with these lovely notes but we are collecting for them. The fan loves it as they get to join the band- the environment benefits as money goes to causes that the fans and the band have chosen together.

Telecom companies are interested in sponsorship opportunities. One major has offered to pay £2 per upload as a gift for customer retention. We have a relationship with the ITU- the international telecom union who will promote Chant to their members.

The United Nations global goals have given us access to 30,000 indigenous youth groups globally- they are also saying that our causes reflects the 2030 Global Goals and can help promote us to the very large community.

Market size

The market size is the Live and recorded music industry. The global digital music market is worth $6.7 billion* *IFPI

Our prediction is over 100 million users by year two- standing on the shoulders of Giants/ most of the marketing is done by the talent. Lady Gaga has 32 million twitter followers- Katy Perry has 60 million….. When artists such as this asked their fans to do things they tend to do them.

The ambition is scaled and agreed this is very high. This is to show potential. The Dash Community can help make this happen. At present there are 2.5 billion cell phone connections globally. This will double over the next three years. Standing on the shoulders of Giants and a partnership with the telco industry bodies could potentially deliver. If we get to this level will have exceeded anybody's expectations. Similar social media organisations have achieved this level of penetration. We're hoping that our prosocial and disruptive creative elements Will gain traction and help this catch fire in a partnership with Dash. Exciting times indeed.

Integration of Chants

We collect the audiences voices and clean up and given to the producer as an aggregated sonic block. The artists then use these voices as backing choir or replace instruments. The creative opportunities for the artists are endless. This means everytime the audiences voices are used in song there is a different creative process attached- this resolves an issue of having done this once not wishing to do another time and constantly keeping fresh and exciting for the fan.

The fan gets a credit on the bands website-

The fan gets their voices used in many different ways by their favourite artist. Every engagement with a new artist or song will be different. They get to join the fan band community creating powerful communications and interactions. Their voice is in the mix. They hear music before it is released. They get a special collectors edition that nobody else has access to unless you're in the Chant Community. 20% of the revenue goes to pro social causes so your voice improves the environment. A long term relationship with this activity can be generated. The fan might wish to know how its forest is coming along for years to come.

Merchandising

Uploading the voice creates a sonic footprint that is personalised and can go on merchandising. You can wear your voice on a T-shirt in association with your favourite artist.

Personalisation

On the device the voice was given it is possible to lift your own voice above everybody else’s for pay back. This cannot be shared easily on social media however as bands do not like having their mix messed with.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I really like your idea, but I think one of the reason the community is not responding because there's a lack of detail regarding budget.

Overall I believe this to be a great project.

Wish you luck!

Best regards,

Santos

Santos thank you so much for your kind words too ! Really hope we can get this going together with the Dash Community. We are both disruptive elements that together potentially could really create an impact. Look forward to keeping you updated Best wishes Nick

Last edited:

The price point can vary- the £2 is what the Record companies and iTunes feel is the right price as is a premium service. The price can of course come down depending on the uptake.

Back catalogue is a key area - the Fan can Chant in to their favourite song. This could demand premium or it could be sold at a discounted price. This will become evident as the price points mature during testing as market research progresses.

Some artists may wish to give a block of Chants for free to promote track at the beginning- Great ongoing promotion creating a "vintage-" . With the support from the record label and publisher. To get your voice at the beginning of a track can create a Rush for fans to take up I'm grab the first free Chants.

We have sponsor interest from some of the telcos. A telco has offered to pay for the Chants uploads and gift this to customers on certain promotions as a marketing/customer retention mechanism. Other sponsors may well do the same.

Last edited:
Santos thank you so much for your kind words too ! Really hope we can get this going together with the Dash Community. We are both disruptive elements that together potentially could really create an impact. Look forward to keeping you updated Best wishes Dan
We have got quite a lot more detail up in the Google Docs where can see the spreadsheet on the budget... There is also now a summary on Budget
Santos thank you so much for your kind words too ! Really hope we can get this going together with the Dash Community. We are both disruptive elements that together potentially could really create an impact. Look forward to keeping you updated Best wishes Dan
We have got quite a lot more detail up in the Google Docs where can see the spreadsheet on the budget... There is also now an narrative summary on Budget - helpful - thanks as we now starting to get feedback !

Last edited:
Hi, Santos thanks for the reply. We've linked to the google docs which has the spread sheet of where the budget is intending to be spent.

Hi Santos

Thought you may like and update -

CHANT is a pro-social app - Live show and Art movement that loops the audiences voices into music to support the environment. The Chant App will come out as an art piece shortly. This app collect's the audience's voices digitally for inclusion in pre-released music and live shows. Chant Live will be the first to use app followed by a pipeline of major musical talent. It will free "the voice inside the head': enabling the user to upload their voice (or sound) into their favourite band, singer or composers track. This will be mixed by the bands established producers and released to be part of the chosen recording artists new track. We are converting the audience from passive recipient into active participant. The Band or Artist will have dedicated which charity they wish to support and 20% of the revenue raised is given to this organisation. To represent the causes Chant has devised seven ‘ Sonic Codes.’ These appear on the app and are mini works of digital art in their own right. Each unique to the frequency of the Chanter’s recording and choice of song/charity. Artists existing good causes easily fit within this system.

A note - Atmosphere - VIOLET
B note - Animals - INDIGO
C note - Health -RED
D note - Humanity - YELLOW
E note - Sustainability - ORANGE
F note - Forests - GREEN
G note - Blue - WATER

Back