• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Chant Pre-Proposal

Dominic Vergine - is a non-exec director at CHANT- The CSR director at ARM computing. CHANT code writing and technology is in-house.

I am aware the Dash community likes Escrow and we have investigated the options. Greencandle are charging a large amount and the acountancy firm Nyman Libson Paul is more than happy to act as an Escrow for us. We would enter the proposal and then hand the private keys over to the acountacy firm. Anyone will be able to verify this by emailing the acountacy firm and asking them to deposit a small amount of dash from the wallet we used to enter the proposal. I hope this is an acceptable form of Escrow for the community.
I am aware the Dash community likes Escrow and we have investigated the options. Greencandle are charging a large amount and the acountancy firm Nyman Libson Paul is more than happy to act as an Escrow for us. We would enter the proposal and then hand the private keys over to the acountacy firm. Anyone will be able to verify this by emailing the acountacy firm and asking them to deposit a small amount of dash from the wallet we used to enter the proposal. I hope this is an acceptable form of Escrow for the community.

@Chant I want to take the opportunity to explain why Green Candle's fees are what they are. The services we offer protect the network. If proposal owners do not perform according to the signed MOUs that we require to operate, we are able to pursue them through the proper legal channels.

Milestones need to be managed and reviewed by a trusted 3rd party before funds are released. Some may view using your own accounting firm to provide escrow and manage your deliverables as a conflict of interest. Having a trusted 3rd party from the community provide those services helps to remove any concerns in that respect.

Hi Green Candle- that is helpful and thank you for the response. I would be interested in a conversation with yourselves. Nyman Libson Paul for the record is a trusted/ audited media accountancy- client such Eon productions - BOND Films and have been around since 1930s. Manage large funds ect...Perhaps you could pop me an email address and we can chat further.

Last edited:
How many users do you have to date? What’s your expansion strategy? Have you down market research?
Why are you aiming for 1/10th of the worlds population in 3 years? Seems a bit to high for my taste
I tbh don’t see your idea working out. Why would you want your favorite song with your own chant integrated?
However after reading that your targeting the Asian market I can somehow see it working out
Thanks for your enquiry.
Thanks for your enquiry.

1 . The app is free to download. Fans then pay to upload their Chants

The price point can vary- the £2 is what the Record companies and iTunes feel is the right price as is a premium service. The price can of course come down all go up depending on the uptake.

Some artists may wish to give a block of Chants for free to promote track at the beginning-Great ongoing promotion too creating a vintage- With the support from the record label and publisher. To get your voice at the beginning of a track can create a Rush for fans to take up I'm grab the first free Chants.

We have sponsor interest from some of the telcos. A telco has offered to pay for the Chants uploads and gift this to customers on certain promotions as a marketing/customer retention mechanism. Other sponsors may well do the same.

2. Yes we have strong inroads into the Chinese Market and K Pop. We have worked historically with music in Japan and have good trusted contacts there. The Far East is a priority for us. Many UK /European and USA artists also had big fan bases in the Far East. Further engagement comes from this access generated by the talent to the Far East and Global fan bases.

3. Dash relationship.

The benefits to Dash are.

Access to the music industry globally arriving at headline and superstar acts utilising the chant journey. Standing on the shoulders of giants - who have 10,000,000's of existing users. These users will be encouraged to use Dash. Opinion users with significant following will do a job of building Dash Community for Dash.

Offering Dash exclusive cryptocurrency gateway and as preferred payment over fiat.

Offering new artists who sign up- Dash- as long as they tweet out a thankyou to the community.

Offer to pay artists and charities in Dash thus building a network who are using the currency as a result of our activity.

Motivate Fan users to use Dash to purchase the addition of their voice to a track in this brand new fan interaction innovation. This potentially accesses millions of people quickly.

The Dash Community can be helpful to Chant - together we could build this prosocial concept - creating a mass audience interaction that significantly benefits the environment and get creative people payed for there product. Dash is seen as an innovator therefore together with Chant as an innovator we collectively receive powerful marketing reach through this partnership.

There is a lot of investor interest- VC wish to fund and the resources in the team are available to us to make this happen in any event whether we received Dash funding or not. We however do not wish to take the VC root because they wish to create a 'sprint and sell' project and we're looking to create a long-term pro-social movement. This is also important to bring on the artists community as they would not wish to be exploited by venture capital.

The Dash funding delivers the resource to scale up this 'major task' that you correctly identify above. We would hope that from this beginning a long-term relationship will evolve. Together we can get big quickly.

Last edited:
Hi Green Candle- that is helpful and thank you for the response. I would be interested in a conversation with yourselves. Nyman Libson Paul for the record is a trusted/ audited media accountancy- client such Eon productions - BOND Films and have been around since 1930s. Manage large funds ect...Perhaps you could pop me an email address and we can chat further.

Hi Nick, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

What is Chant?

CHANT is a pro-social app - Live show and Art movement that loops the audiences voices into music to support the environment. This app collects the audience's voices digitally for inclusion in pre-released music and live shows. Chant Live will be the first to use app followed by a pipeline of major musical talent. It will free "the voice inside the head': enabling the user to upload their voice (or sound) into their favourite band, singer or composers track. This will be mixed by the bands established producers and released to be part of the chosen recording artists new track. We are converting the audience from passive recipient into active participant. The Band or Artist will have dedicated which cause they wish to support and 20% of the revenue raised is given to this organisation. To represent the causes Chant has devised seven ‘ Sonic Codes.’ These appear on the app and are mini works of digital art in their own right. Each unique to the frequency of the Chanter’s recording and choice of song/charity. Artists existing good causes easily fit within this system. The audiences voices are given to the musicians as a sonic block. The musicians are able to incorporate this new sound in whatever way they wish. On the device given the fan is able to lift their own voice if they so wish.

A note - Atmosphere - VIOLET

B note - Animals - INDIGO

C note - Health -RED

D note - Humanity - YELLOW

E note - Sustainability - ORANGE

F note - Forests - GREEN

G note - Blue - WATER

Last edited:
Hi Dash community. My name is Daniel Morrell- I am the CEO and co-founder of CHANT - Nick has been helping to date above- as we now move from pre-proposal to proposal I'll be available for answering questions. Really excited at the opportunity of creating a mutually beneficial marketing initiative for Dash.

Will be posting our testing bands music - Chant Live soon - on a sound cloud link - these are demo tracks that will form part of the album that you'll notice is mentioned in the milestones- hope the community like this music- the purpose of creating this is so other musician hear and get inspiration as to what they can do with Chant.

Last edited:
What would you do if you don't get the support of the Dash network?

I just feel like you are asking for too much money. I do like the things you are offering just not at that price. Especially if you are still accepting fiat.

Also, some confirmation from those Twitter users with 10s of millions of follower would be good.

You can also contact the Dash Core team regarding escrow if you don't like greencandle.
Hi The Singleton- we have revised our budget downwards to fit in with your thoughts. Have also contacted the court team as suggested. I'm wondering if you could give me an email address- I have confirmation from talent with Twitter followers at the scale suggested in the plan. This is Pipeline Confidential and has been given on the condition of not sharing in a public forum- would be happy to show you off-line if that's okay? ..... Kind regards.

I just feel like you are asking for too much money. I do like the things you are offering just not at that price. Especially if you are still accepting fiat.

Also, some confirmation from those Twitter users with 10s of millions of follower would be good.

You can also contact the Dash Core team regarding escrow if you don't like greencandle.

Hi The Singleton. Really appreciate your helpful comments that have been taken into account in developing the proposal. Please have a review of the milestones and budget breakdown above. We revised costs downwards as suggested - Have contacted the Dash core team regarding escrow and this should be in place shortly. The Large and Superstar Acts are pipeline confidential - As this is a public forum would ask if I could have an email to enable an off-line conversation ?

Hey guys,

I really like your idea, but I think one of the reason the community is not responding because there's a lack of detail regarding budget.

Overall I believe this to be a great project.

Wish you luck!

Best regards,

Santos

Hi Santos - we have further revise the budget downwards- the detail of this is above- contacted Dash core team regarding escrow and created milestones. Hope you find this helpful. We plan to move from pre- proposal to proposals shortly.

I think what you're doing is a really cool idea, and I love that funding important foundations and philanthropic/environmental work is part of your vision. I also think your plan is pretty reasonable in how you're using the technology and integrating it all. My concern is just how many artists really want to take advantage of "chants" in their music. It may be simply because of the genres that I listen to--I have a pretty substantial music collection, though--but I don't recall this kind of contribution playing a major role in most forms of music, and on that point, I'm not sure how much use or interest your product would see by other artists on a large, widespread scale.

So in other words, I love what you're doing and how you're facilitating it and your vision, but I'm just not sure that the product itself will be popular, or at least enough to justify this kind of expenditure. Do we have any market research available that suggests that this is likely to become widespread? I looked at your spreadsheets, but I'm not sure what your projections are based on. What makes the inclusion of crowdsourced audio more than just a gimmick? I can see a ton of downloads happening if some big name artist decides to implement this for a track or video or something and tells all their fans, but how do we know the likelihood of such an event?

Without some semblance of knowing the odds there, it seems like a big gamble. Having the proposal broken down in to multiple months of funding and with escrow definitely mitigates a lot of that risk for us, but I think if there was more assurance on the projected popularity of the project, it would do a lot to assuage potential concerns MNOs might have.

If you could address that, the rest of the project could definitely be a useful integration with a lot of great outcomes for all parties involved.

Great work.

Nice of you to take notice and implement the community advices.

Cheers!

Good luck.
Thank you Santos, we have Green lit the escrow service through Dash core team- they have been really helpful. It has been useful receiving this initial feedback to refine the proposal. Hopefully you will like when you see next week. We've also had some more bands come on board and further gigs come in for in-house CHANT live testing band.

Hello, I have 3 things:

-It's difficult to understand what the idea is about (is it a game? a store? charity?) . I think I kind of get it now, but it took too much effort. For this reason alone I would already not be inclined to vote.
-I'm not able to see the appeal of this app. People will be submitting their voices for the artist to use in remixes? Won't this get old very fast?
-The link with crypto and Dash is very thin, I don't think this proposal benefits Dash, not at this stage of your project.

All the best!

Hello, I have 3 things:

-It's difficult to understand what the idea is about (is it a game? a store? charity?) . I think I kind of get it now, but it took too much effort. For this reason alone I would already not be inclined to vote.
-I'm not able to see the appeal of this app. People will be submitting their voices for the artist to use in remixes? Won't this get old very fast?
-The link with crypto and Dash is very thin, I don't think this proposal benefits Dash, not at this stage of your project.

All the best!
Thank you, for reviewing our pre-proposal. As we move from pre-proposal to proposal we have simplified taking on-board communities comments- the final proposal and a short film will be uploaded soon. Agreed you should be able to GET this fast. Thanks for that observation.The app is a music retail outlet. Every time the Chants are used by musicians it comes back as a different mix so always new and exciting for the fan. The fan is interested in the engagement with the artists and finding out how their voices have been used and joining the community of other fans who have participated in the song. It is therefore always a unique experience as every song is produced differently. Uploading the voice creates sonic footprints and this changes every time. This creates a unique piece of artwork that can go on pieces of merchandise. You can literally wear your voice that has planted a tree. The benefits to Dash is you will be the preferred payment mechanism with an audience of potentially tens of millions of music fans globally. We see this as a long-term relationship as we are able to market your Dash and get Dash wallets out to potentially millions of people. We are both disruptive services and this common link can be strong- certainly growing as Chant delivers large-scale audiences for Dash. The Dash Community can help develop Chant and Chant can increase your community 's size..... I hope this helps answer your questions.

Last edited:
I think what you're doing is a really cool idea, and I love that funding important foundations and philanthropic/environmental work is part of your vision. I also think your plan is pretty reasonable in how you're using the technology and integrating it all. My concern is just how many artists really want to take advantage of "chants" in their music. It may be simply because of the genres that I listen to--I have a pretty substantial music collection, though--but I don't recall this kind of contribution playing a major role in most forms of music, and on that point, I'm not sure how much use or interest your product would see by other artists on a large, widespread scale.

So in other words, I love what you're doing and how you're facilitating it and your vision, but I'm just not sure that the product itself will be popular, or at least enough to justify this kind of expenditure. Do we have any market research available that suggests that this is likely to become widespread? I looked at your spreadsheets, but I'm not sure what your projections are based on. What makes the inclusion of crowdsourced audio more than just a gimmick? I can see a ton of downloads happening if some big name artist decides to implement this for a track or video or something and tells all their fans, but how do we know the likelihood of such an event?

Without some semblance of knowing the odds there, it seems like a big gamble. Having the proposal broken down in to multiple months of funding and with escrow definitely mitigates a lot of that risk for us, but I think if there was more assurance on the projected popularity of the project, it would do a lot to assuage potential concerns MNOs might have.

If you could address that, the rest of the project could definitely be a useful integration with a lot of great outcomes for all parties involved.

Hi Arthyron- thank you for your comment- much appreciate you like the vision. This is a new way of delivering music changing the fan from a passive recipient of music to a direct participant. This project is co-founded with Youth- Martin Glover- bass player killing joke- Producer Pink Floyd- Through the founder Daniel Morrell's work and Youth we have access to the Global artists and environmental communities. Have a look at the Chant Forest PDF above. We decided to go the cool credible route first. However, two years of artist interaction has delivered a strong pipeline. Major talent has seen they have a new instrument to play with- the audience. They love the creativity of this- their managers and Rights-Holders ( Record companies and Publishers ) also like being paid upfront avoiding piracy and low paying premium streaming services. Usually, a project like this will fail because the Publisher says no- uniquely we are not asking for royalty- we are merely a retail outlet that pays the publisher upfront. Steven Budd is the chairman of the music managers forum who is on our advisory board. He has taken this out too many artists managers. We have a commitment from a number of superstar acts. Because the mainstream and superstar talent is pipeline confidential it is difficult to post. If you would give me an email I would be happy to pop over Pipeline offline? The Thomas Newman- original producer of Tubular Bells- remix with Irish children is likely to be a big hit. Cold Cut the Orb and the egg has music ready and are small enough to not put off other major talents at the get-go.

The artist community can be a cynical lot-a-bit like football teams with sharp elbows- they are liking the grassroots evolution of an art project. Major talent are looking for cool things that they feel proud to be associated with.

If a Superstar act kick Chant off other artists might not feel they owned the initiative and could be put off. It's got to come from the bottom up in order to gain mass acceptance from talent. This is the reason for the Chant live show to test the concept. We have our own band that has done 23 gigs and performed at major festivals. This is created a cool and credible movement that other artists wish to join. Proof of this is through the roster of talent that has already participated is the band Chant live. - Guy Pratt (Pink Floyd, Micheal Jackson, Madonna) Youth (Killing Joke, The Orb, U2, Pink Floyd) Dave Barbarossa (Adam and The Ants, Bow Wow) John Moss (Culture Club, Clash, The Damned) Matt Black (Coldcut) Ned Scott/ Math Scots ( The Egg) Jack Jones ( Trampoline)

Martin (Youth) Glover - is Chant co-founder, award-winning music producer ( Lifetime Achievement Award, Music Producers Guild, MPG). Youth has worked with Pink Floyd, The Verve, Paul McCartney, The Orb etc. He is a bass player and founding member of Killing Joke. Youth is a band member of the Firemen with Paul McCartney.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_(musician)

The first band to test the app will be the Chant live band- we move from the existing analog collection of voices through microphones, to the digital format using the Chant app. We test this mechanism on ourselves. We then have 10 small to medium size acts that have already created or are creating music for us who will be the first releases. Following this, we moved to the pipeline of mainstream and superstar acts. Standing on the shoulders of these giants we can create a global community quickly. Some have found bases up in the tens of millions.

For example, Lady Gaga has 32 million Twitter followers- Katy Perry has 60 million..... When artists such as this asked their fans to do things they tend to participate.

We have an art aspect to the project. When Chant Live Gigs we create land art or graffiti. This is creating a great vibe around the music artist community and the growing movement. The idea is to create a movement rather than just a brand and Art is a good way to achieve this with Dash support. Two years of gigging an analog interaction have been really successful. The audience love to join a show. We are now ready to get going to the next phase. Extensive public relations/ performances/ art exhibitions/ festival interaction/ Live show and touring will be taking place over the coming years to build the movement. Chant Live will be performing at several major art galleries.

The pro-social element is relevant/ everybody is a latent activist and is concerned about the environment. As a byproduct of purchasing your music, you're actively improving your local and global Community.

Market research

Extensive testing has been carried out through the live show. Do audiences like getting their voice in the mix? Absolutely!

Apple iTunes- and the major publishing and record labels- Universal Music Group/ Warners/ Sony have been approached at board level. Their feedback has been positive all of whom are interested in finding ways to help promote the initiative. Apple/ iTunes has offered to feed in on testing for the user journey to the App Store with a view to promotion.

Publishing and Record companies/rights owners see classic track and back catalog as a major sales channel for them through the Chant retail app. The fan will be able to Chant into their favorite classic song of all time. The price point can vary to be competitive with the other online retail outlets.

The management of mainstream and superstar acts have been receptive and can show you this in the pipeline over e-mail. The artists like the financial model as they get paid for their products as opposed to the low-cost streaming services and piracy they suffer from hence the support we're getting from talent. Talent involvement is the real key- the fan is an abbreviation of the word fanatic. The fan band interactive relationship we have created is a powerful marketing tool.

The pro-social element creates long-term communication. Your voice turns into a tree or cleans a river. The fan will be interested in updates on these pro-social spin-offs for years to come so Chant gives the opportunity for a long-term relationship.

The artists have a new instrument to play with 'the audience'. Creatively they can do whatever they wish with these blocks of sound generated by the voices of the audience. The fan loves it as they get to join the band- the environment benefits as money goes to causes that the fans and the band have chosen together. It doesn't matter if the voices given are out of tune as we tune these to the key of the song.

We have tested the concept with brand development companies, public relations firms and marketing agencies, again we continue to receive positive feedback.

It is worth pointing out that all major acts have a pro-social cause they care about. The Chant app is non-competitive as the artist put their own causes through the app amplifying their existing good work. This has been a further good reason for major talent involvement. Over the last two years, most artists that we are approaching are saying they would like to do something with us.

Telecom companies

Telecom companies are interested in sponsorship opportunities. One major Telco has offered to pay £2 per upload of the fan voice into their favorite artist as a gift for customer retention. We have a relationship with the ITU- the international telecom union who will promote Chant to their global members- the telecommunications industry. At present, there are 2.5 billion cell phone connections globally. This will double over the next three years. Utilising the reach of the music and telco industries we access a global audience. Similar social media organizations have achieved this level of penetration.

The United Nations have given us access to 30,000 indigenous youth groups.

The market size

The Live and recorded music industry. The global digital music market is worth $6.7 billion* *IFPI ( International Federation of the Phonographic Industry )

Our target is over 100 million users in year two - the marketing is done by the talent.

Last edited:

Arthyron- To answer your point regarding the gimmick element- Every time the Chants are used by musicians it comes back as a different mix so always new and exciting for the fan. The fan is interested in the engagement with the artists and finding out how their voices have been used and joining the community of other fans who have participated in the song. It is therefore always a unique experience as every song is produced differently. Uploading the voice creates sonic footprints and this changes every time. This creates a unique piece of artwork that can go on pieces of merchandise. The app will mature as it gets out into the market and many different innovations will come back we are not even aware of right now as we get user feedback.

@Nick Chant -- Thank you for your very thorough responses, I think that sufficiently answered my questions and addressed my concerns. In terms of licensing, etc, what are the limitations of use by different artists? Suppose a recording is uploaded of a fan singing a song by Band A. Could another band (Band B) make use of that fan's "chant" even if it isn't from one of their songs? Suppose they do a "cover" of one of their songs, do they have access to it then? Suppose a fan uploads a contribution to Band A, but it gets used in Band B's song and that fan hates Band B or whatever? I'm just trying to understand who has the "right" to make use of fan's uploads and to what extent?

Well
@Nick Chant -- Thank you for your very thorough responses, I think that sufficiently answered my questions and addressed my concerns. In terms of licensing, etc, what are the limitations of use by different artists? Suppose a recording is uploaded of a fan singing a song by Band A. Could another band (Band B) make use of that fan's "chant" even if it isn't from one of their songs? Suppose they do a "cover" of one of their songs, do they have access to it then? Suppose a fan uploads a contribution to Band A, but it gets used in Band B's song and that fan hates Band B or whatever? I'm just trying to understand who has the "right" to make use of fan's uploads and to what extent?

Hi Arthyron, The fan gives up their rights in our terms and conditions when they use the app. Each song or live gig has a profile on the app- the fan engages with this and gives their voices specifically for use in these projects- the rights belong to the Artist and associated rights owners. Other bands would be able to sample in the normal way with permission from and royalty payments to the original creators through the normal PRS channels. Best to see Chant as a retail outlet only.

( if Chant/ Dash wanted to get royalty back to fans as well we could turn the facility off on certain releases with rights holder permission as a further Dash promotion incentive to fans - but that's probably too much at this stage to go in too) …... We are walking before we start running...

Well

Hi Arthyron, The fan gives up their rights in our terms and conditions when they use the app. Each song or live gig has a profile on the app- the fan engages with this and gives their voices specifically for use in these projects- the rights belong to the Artist and associated rights owners. Other bands would be able to sample in the normal way with permission from and royalty payments to the original creators through the normal PRS channels. Best to see Chant as a retail outlet only.

( if Chant/ Dash wanted to get royalty back to fans as well we could turn the facility off on certain releases with rights holder permission as a further Dash promotion incentive to fans - but that's probably too much at this stage to go in too) …... We are walking before we start running...
If you would like to have a look at the testing band please see....www.chant.live - On our sound cloud link from this site you can hear audiences voices in songs too.

Hi TheSingleton- we have taken on your advice and reduced the amounts- we have also contacted the Dash core team and have escrow through them as you suggested. Have done quite a lot of work on the milestones - we look forward to hopefully being able to report back with exciting developments against the milestones you'll notice above. Dash will be the preferred payment mechanism. We will also promote Dash - one of the key things is that association with the artists would normally cost a significant amount and be quite difficult to negotiate. Through the Chant system by default Dash is linked. Please see further text describing the initiative below. This goes into some more detail regarding talent.

This is a new way of delivering music changing the fan from a passive recipient of music to a direct participant. This project is co-founded with Youth- Martin Glover- bass player killing joke- Producer Pink Floyd- Through the founder Daniel Morrell's work and Youth we have access to the Global artists and environmental communities. Have a look at the Chant Forest PDF above. We decided to go the cool credible route first. However, two years of artist interaction has delivered a strong pipeline. Major talent has seen they have a new instrument to play with- the audience. They love the creativity of this- their managers and Rights-Holders ( Record companies and Publishers ) also like being paid upfront avoiding piracy and low paying premium streaming services. Usually, a project like this will fail because the Publisher says no- uniquely we are not asking for royalty- we are merely a retail outlet that pays the publisher upfront. Steven Budd is the chairman of the music managers forum who is on our advisory board. He has taken this out too many artists managers. We have a commitment from a number of superstar acts. Because the mainstream and superstar talent is pipeline confidential it is difficult to post. If you would give me an email I would be happy to pop over Pipeline offline? The Thomas Newman- original producer of Tubular Bells- remix with Irish children is likely to be a big hit. Cold Cut the Orb and the egg has music ready and are small enough to not put off other major talents at the get-go.

The artist community can be a cynical lot-a-bit like football teams with sharp elbows- they are liking the grassroots evolution of an art project. Major talent are looking for cool things that they feel proud to be associated with.

If a Superstar act kick Chant off other artists might not feel they owned the initiative and could be put off. It's got to come from the bottom up in order to gain mass acceptance from talent. This is the reason for the Chant live show to test the concept. We have our own band that has done 23 gigs and performed at major festivals. This is created a cool and credible movement that other artists wish to join. Proof of this is through the roster of talent that has already participated is the band Chant live. - Guy Pratt (Pink Floyd, Micheal Jackson, Madonna) Youth (Killing Joke, The Orb, U2, Pink Floyd) Dave Barbarossa (Adam and The Ants, Bow Wow) John Moss (Culture Club, Clash, The Damned) Matt Black (Coldcut) Ned Scott/ Math Scots ( The Egg) Jack Jones ( Trampoline)

Martin (Youth) Glover - is Chant co-founder, award-winning music producer ( Lifetime Achievement Award, Music Producers Guild, MPG). Youth has worked with Pink Floyd, The Verve, Paul McCartney, The Orb etc. He is a bass player and founding member of Killing Joke. Youth is a band member of the Firemen with Paul McCartney.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_(musician)

The first band to test the app will be the Chant live band- we move from the existing analog collection of voices through microphones, to the digital format using the Chant app. We test this mechanism on ourselves. We then have 10 small to medium size acts that have already created or are creating music for us who will be the first releases. Following this, we moved to the pipeline of mainstream and superstar acts. Standing on the shoulders of these giants we can create a global community quickly. Some have found bases up in the tens of millions.

For example, Lady Gaga has 32 million Twitter followers- Katy Perry has 60 million..... When artists such as this asked their fans to do things they tend to participate.

We have an art aspect to the project. When Chant Live Gigs we create land art or graffiti. This is creating a great vibe around the music artist community and the growing movement. The idea is to create a movement rather than just a brand and Art is a good way to achieve this with Dash support. Two years of gigging an analog interaction have been really successful. The audience love to join a show. We are now ready to get going to the next phase. Extensive public relations/ performances/ art exhibitions/ festival interaction/ Live show and touring will be taking place over the coming years to build the movement. Chant Live will be performing at several major art galleries.

The pro-social element is relevant/ everybody is a latent activist and is concerned about the environment. As a byproduct of purchasing your music, you're actively improving your local and global Community.

Market research

Extensive testing has been carried out through the live show. Do audiences like getting their voice in the mix? Absolutely!

Apple iTunes- and the major publishing and record labels- Universal Music Group/ Warners/ Sony have been approached at board level. Their feedback has been positive all of whom are interested in finding ways to help promote the initiative. Apple/ iTunes has offered to feed in on testing for the user journey to the App Store with a view to promotion.

Publishing and Record companies/rights owners see classic track and back catalog as a major sales channel for them through the Chant retail app. The fan will be able to Chant into their favorite classic song of all time. The price point can vary to be competitive with the other online retail outlets.

The management of mainstream and superstar acts have been receptive and can show you this in the pipeline over e-mail. The artists like the financial model as they get paid for their products as opposed to the low-cost streaming services and piracy they suffer from hence the support we're getting from talent. Talent involvement is the real key- the fan is an abbreviation of the word fanatic. The fan band interactive relationship we have created is a powerful marketing tool.

The pro-social element creates long-term communication. Your voice turns into a tree or cleans a river. The fan will be interested in updates on these pro-social spin-offs for years to come so Chant gives the opportunity for a long-term relationship.

The artists have a new instrument to play with 'the audience'. Creatively they can do whatever they wish with these blocks of sound generated by the voices of the audience. The fan loves it as they get to join the band- the environment benefits as money goes to causes that the fans and the band have chosen together. It doesn't matter if the voices given are out of tune as we tune these to the key of the song.

We have tested the concept with brand development companies, public relations firms and marketing agencies, again we continue to receive positive feedback.

It is worth pointing out that all major acts have a pro-social cause they care about. The Chant app is non-competitive as the artist put their own causes through the app amplifying their existing good work. This has been a further good reason for major talent involvement. Over the last two years, most artists that we are approaching are saying they would like to do something with us.

Telecom companies

Telecom companies are interested in sponsorship opportunities. One major Telco has offered to pay £2 per upload of the fan voice into their favorite artist as a gift for customer retention. We have a relationship with the ITU- the international telecom union who will promote Chant to their global members- the telecommunications industry. At present, there are 2.5 billion cell phone connections globally. This will double over the next three years. Utilising the reach of the music and telco industries we access a global audience. Similar social media organizations have achieved this level of penetration.

The United Nations have given us access to 30,000 indigenous youth groups.

The market size

The Live and recorded music industry. The global digital music market is worth $6.7 billion* *IFPI ( International Federation of the Phonographic Industry )

Our target is over 100 million users in year two - the marketing is done by the talent.

Back