• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Basilpop, the Dash subreddit moderator, does not have the temperament to be a moderator (PART 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...temperament-to-moderate-that-community.37653/

@tungfa , the moderator that hasn't done anything to resolve the situation, decided to close the original thread. Sorry buddy, you don't get to decide when dozens of people are done talking about a subject. We have provided you with hundreds of examples of someone from your team
  • breaking the rules,
  • offending users,
  • being unprofessional,
  • using vulgar,
  • banning users for trivial reasons
  • having an obsession for being right all the time
  • being unfriendly and instigating conflict.
And your response to all this is to lock the thread?

@tungfa You do not get to decided when we are done talking. I have spend hours of my time compiling evidence against one of your moderators and there are plenty of more people that have contacted me on reddit that are going to post their experience.

You had the chance to do something about this for many months, perhaps years. You have done nothing but enable @Macrochip to continue to insult, ban and use the Dash subreddit as his personal playground. When we, the users, finally have had enough and decide to do something, you want to lock the thread and prevent the discussion? SHAME ON YOU.

Do you hear me? You have allowed a serial insulter to do as he pleases to a community what was under your supervision. SHAME ON YOU.

"Tons of People Have complained about me in the past. Do you know what happened? Nothing" - @Macrochip
"I'm known as the asshole mod and I thrive on that image" - @Macrochip

@mikebam @MizzyMax @solarguy @TroyDASH @JGCMiner @kot @fernando @amanda_b_johnson @TaoOfSatoshi @mastermined @Dashcoiner @Captain_Tom

We are not done with this subject yet because

a) He is still a moderator
b) People are still banned
c) No policies have been implemented to resolve this AND prevent it from happening in the future
d) We do not trust that you will resolve this behind closed curtains with your buddies. You had plenty of chances and did absolutely nothing, for months and years.
e) The thread is only 24h old and more users are going to leave comments. Unless you have a magic powers and already know what they're going to say?

Most importantly, we are considering putting up a proposal that goes against your ridiculous excuse "Macro is working since year with us for free" - @tungfa, as if working for free was any valid reason for him to do what he did. Guess what? Nobody needs to work for free for Dash anymore, so your point of allowing Macrochip to use the Dash reddit as his sadistic playground because he works for free is invalid.

We are going to discuss here what we can do to prevent this from ever happening again, and them we will move it to the pre-proposal forum.

@tungfa: "I will have a conversation with Macro/ Balsi + other Moderators/Admins about this issues vented here"

You had your chance and did nothing for many months, now it's our turn. DO NOT TRY TO PREVENT THE DISCUSSION OF THIS TOPIC AGAIN. You don't get to decide when dozens of people are done talking, especially when you are part of the problem. If you want to be part of the solution, then come have a conversation here in the forum, not behind everyone's back with your buddy "Macro / Balsi".

@tungfa: Macro is working since year with us for free , is doing a great job keeping Forums and the likes on track , so give the man some credit ,sometimes emotions take over (as we are all just human ), and mistakes happen !

Do you call that "mistakes"?
Does this look like a "great job keeping the Forums and the lions on track"?
Why is it that when "mistakes" happen with us, we get banned, but when your buddy does 100's of mistakes, you want to "give the man some credit"?

How telling that Dash's moderation team locks the thread complaining about the moderation team...

And the excuses, did you see? "we are all human", "we make mistakes". Funny how when we break a single rule we get banned, but when they break their own rules, hundreds of times, "we are all human" all of a sudden. I didn't realize the problem was so serious. Looks like a group of people took control of the Dash communities and are doing with it what they want, with no fear of consequences.

The issues at hand are far from being resolved @tungfa

@randomalbum is banned because he “supposedly” didn’t prove that moderators were using ad hominem. He is still banned and has made the longest list possible for you. I take it as disrespect that he has not been formally apologized to and immediately unbanned from Reddit

For myself I was permanently banned from Reddit for saying “moronic”. I received no previous bans or warning ever from the Reddit before. I have been a member of the community for over a year now and to recieve a ban from someone who within the last 30 days said the same phrase I said it’s insulting to say the least.

And lastly @Captain_Tom was banned because he thought that “45% of masternodes were owned by core” the user was obviously misinformed, 45% of the reward goes to masternodes.

I request an unbanning of all member in the forum along with a formal apology.

@MizzyMax , oh no we are going much further.

1. Macrochip loses all moderation priviledges.
2. Unbanning of all members involved.
3. Make moderation log public
4. Paid professional moderators to manage the communities. Let's end this "but he works for free" bullshit.
5. Moderation in all Dash communities, including this forum, should follow guidelines for users and moderators. It should no longer be subjected to the questionable personal criteria of unelected moderators. They will no longer be able to ban people or lock threads due to their personal preferences.
6. We will gather funds and put a pre-proposal.

No one said the issue was resolved. Seriously you guys need to be patient. As tungfa already said, it is being discussed among the moderators of the subreddit. Demanding that action be taken *immediately* will not make anything happen faster, nor will repeating the same information over and over. The fact that you do not trust that it is being reviewed does not mean it is not happening. The best way to handle situations like this is usually not to impulsively take action on a gut reaction. I would highly suggest for you to wait a few days and see if there are any developments/statements from the mod team. @MizzyMax @randomalbum @mikebam

No one said the issue was resolved. Seriously you guys need to be patient. As tungfa already said, it is being discussed among the moderators of the subreddit. Demanding that action be taken *immediately* will not make anything happen faster, nor will repeating the same information over and over. The fact that you do not trust that it is being reviewed does not mean it is not happening. The best way to handle situations like this is usually not to impulsively take action on a gut reaction. I would highly suggest for you to wait a few days and see if there are any developments/statements from the mod team. @MizzyMax @randomalbum @mikebam

We are just discussing the topic. No one has even mentioned the word *immediately*. Are you imagining things? The best way to handle this situation is to allow us to continue to discuss it, not lock the thread. You are mistaking the fact that we are discussing the subject with demanding immediate action. We are not demanding action from anyone, yet. I suggest YOU take a step back and re-read things, slowly.

We are just discussing the topic. No one has even mentioned the word *immediately*. Are you imagining things? The best way to handle this situation is to allow us to continue to discuss it, not lock the thread. You are mistaking the fact that we are discussing the subject with demanding immediate action. We are not demanding action from anyone, yet. I suggest YOU take a step back and re-read things, slowly.

Ok, I retract the word "immediately" from my post. The rest of it still stands. As far as I'm concerned the point has been made and there is already enough information available. In my opinion it would be more helpful at this point to tone it down instead of berating people like tungfa for trying to help.

Ok, I retract the word "immediately" from my post. The rest of it still stands. As far as I'm concerned the point has been made and there is already enough information available. In my opinion it would be more helpful at this point to tone it down instead of berating people like tungfa for trying to help.

If "as far as you're concerned" the point has been made and you have nothing more to ad, that doesn't mean @tungfa should close the thread for us to. Do you know if we don't have anything more to say? The post is only 24h old, do you know if no one else has anything more to add? No one is "berating" @tungfa, we are criticising him explicitly because he locked a thread. How would you feel if someone else decided when you're done talking?

You usually have good points to add but you are just misreading the whole situation. If you're tired of reading this post, especially because it doesn't affect you, then go do something else. I will not tag you again.

Look how this @tungfa guy had the chance to do something about it for months, but now he is trying to take the high ground. He and the @solarguy. They have allowed all of this to happen under their supervision and are now working to downplay everything that Basilpop has done and prevent discussion. Indeed , shame on you all!

If "as far as you're concerned" the point has been made and you have nothing more to ad, that doesn't mean @tungfa should close the thread for us to. Do you know if we don't have anything more to say? The post is only 24h old, do you know if no one else has anything more to add? No one is "berating" @tungfa, we are criticising him explicitly because he locked a thread. How would you feel if someone else decided when you're done talking?

You usually have good points to add but you are just misreading the whole situation. If you're tired of reading this post, especially because it doesn't affect you, then go do something else. I will not tag you again.

Telling someone "shame on you" multiple times is berating, and is also counter-productive when that person is probably going to need to be instrumental to resolving the issue.

(There is no need to tag me as I am already following the conversation.)

Telling someone "shame on you" multiple times is berating, and is also counter-productive when that person is probably going to need to be instrumental to resolving the issue.

(There is no need to tag me as I am already following the conversation.)
The forum post was open for well over a whole day with several members tagged. No one decided to chirp in the whole time and when tungfa did, the forum was closed... with no description of any action to be taken. No temporary ban until things are resolved? No talk of an investigation of users banned. Nothing.

Telling someone "shame on you" multiple times is berating, and is also counter-productive when that person is probably going to need to be instrumental to resolving the issue. (There is no need to tag me as I am already following the conversation.)

How about you comment on the 100 times he broke the rules?
How about you comment on the numerous posts of other people complaining about him?
How about you comment on the double standard?
How about you comment on the fact that he curses, insults people, mock newbies, uses unprofessional language, ban people at will?
How about you comment on the fact that all he does is promote conflict.?
How about you comment on the fact that he does not have any fear of retaliation whatsoever?
How about you comment on the fact that is is proud to be know as the asshole mod?
How about you comment on the fact that he shows no remorse whatsoever?

What else does a moderator need to do to have his privileges revoked?

No, no, no, what's really important is that we don't say "shame on you", that's really bad. That's sooo counter-productive wow. Berating someone? Omg how can you do that!!

The issues at hand are far from being resolved @tungfa

@randomalbum is banned because he “supposedly” didn’t prove that moderators were using ad hominem. He is still banned and has made the longest list possible for you. I take it as disrespect that he has not been formally apologized to and immediately unbanned from Reddit

For myself I was permanently banned from Reddit for saying “moronic”. I received no previous bans or warning ever from the Reddit before. I have been a member of the community for over a year now and to recieve a ban from someone who within the last 30 days said the same phrase I said it’s insulting to say the least.

And lastly @Captain_Tom was banned because he thought that “45% of masternodes were owned by core” the user was obviously misinformed, 45% of the reward goes to masternodes.

I request an unbanning of all member in the forum along with a formal apology.

That's not actually what I meant - I was referencing the large amount of Early Mined coins owned by the core devs could have in fact be used to own a very large percentage of the masternodes. I am aware 45% of rewards go to masternodes, and I am also aware that a large percentage of those could be indirectly (or directly) owned by DASH founders.

Not saying they definitely are, and frankly I am tired of this conversation (Oh, and I don't want to be banned again for speaking my mind).

Banning a user that wanted to ask a question: "Banned"

Heh. This is a funny one. You can't see the question so I can't really blame you but I did not ban him for asking a question. Here is the actual question:

"give me an elevator pitch, why would any1 buy this dogshit coin ? its like throwing your money away and buying nothing ?"

Yeah, evil me banned him for that. Whip me to death lol.

Anyway, I'm not going to go through every single quote, especially not where you complain about "being rude" to so called "members'" when most of them are outsiders and downright trolls that only came to flame the subreddit as you can verify by reading the entire context, not just the quote. Oh and since I'm not being paid for this I don't give a damn about what you perceive as "unprofessional language" either. But let's analyse some just for fun, shall we?

You mean offending someone back who claimed Dash is trash and similar offensive things? At least you didn't call him "member". That would be too much of a stretch even for you, huh?

Rude and innapropriate "You seem butthurt, I have something for you" (picture of a man being hanged)

Uh what? It was a picture of Alfred Hitchcock holding a nooze. "Being hanged"? Are you really that desperate?

Now this is a fine example for ripping things out of context. You quoted the conclusion from an entire paragraph I wrote debunking the author of a terrible cryptoarticle.
Just click the actual link to the discussion, people.

Being rude to members and mocking members for not having masternode. "Quite the troll, aren't ya? Good thing you don't have a Masternode."

Mocking? No, not even close to "mocking". Again, click the link and read the actual conversation. This person had no other intention than to disrupt by making ridiculous propositions and I explained in detail how and why the characterization as a troll applies in there.

I could go on all day and defend every single quote here since I already said I stand by all of them, but I have more important stuff to do with my time. These are just examples that your tactic is transparent and won't work. Anyone can read the quotes in context and will realize they're not even half as bad as you're trying to make them look, especially when the other party can be seen to be much worse.

Update from today! In spite of all this, @Macrochip just informed me on Discord that my 14 day ban has been upgraded to a PERMANENT BAN. How much more evidence that @Macrochip does not have the temperament to manage a community do you all need?

Notice how @tungfa, @TroyDASH and @solarguy are all trying to downplay the situation..."we all make mistakes", "we are all human", and yet @Macrochip does not show the slightest sign of remorse. Quite the contrary, he doubles down on the his actions, without any fear of consequences. And why should him? @randomalbum listed almost 100 times he has broken the rules and all he got was a thread being locked.

I'm not even mad with @Macrochip. Dogs bark, he insults. I am however very disappointed how you all allow this to happen right in front of your noses and do nothing about it.

@mikebam I'm on your side. Tone it down or they're going to ban you here too. They're going to take any opportunity they can to make us stop talking about this. Let's show them that we have the higher ground and that they're doing a disservice to the community.

Update from today! In spite of all this, @Macrochip just informed me on Discord that my 14 day ban has been upgraded to a PERMANENT BAN. How much more evidence that @Macrochip does not have the temperament to manage a community do you all need?

Notice how @tungfa, @TroyDASH and @solarguy are all trying to downplay the situation..."we all make mistakes", "we are all human", and yet @Macrochip does not show the slightest sign of remorse. Quite the contrary, he doubles down on the his actions, without any fear of consequences. And why should him? @randomalbum listed almost 100 times he has broken the rules and all he got was a thread being locked.

I'm not even mad with @Macrochip. Dogs bark, he insults. I am however very disappointed how you all allow this to happen right in front of your noses and do nothing about it.

For the record, here is the reason I gave:

FYI MikeBam: Your Reddit account creation date is May 5th, 2018. I mistook you for another community member with a similar nickname. That's why I made your ban temporary, because I thought you were a long time community member with a good track record. Since that was a mistake I converted your 14 day ban into a permanent ban for attacking a long time community member with "Go f*** yourself".

Why are you surprised that complete nobodies in this community get no leeway while long timers do? Is it different anywhere else? That's just how any human society works.

And if you're really not mad at me, how come you insulted me on Discord so many times that Joel had to kick you from it? Also Joel mentioned he now remembers you. You're the guy who was harassing him on Twitter since March. Even @Dashpay on Twitter had to block you for your endless tirades. Anything you have to say about that?

For the record, here is the reason I gave:

FYI MikeBam: Your Reddit account creation date is May 5th, 2018. I mistook you for another community member with a similar nickname. That's why I made your ban temporary, because I thought you were a long time community member with a good track record. Since that was a mistake I converted your 14 day ban into a permanent ban for attacking a long time community member with "Go f*** yourself".

Why are you surprised that complete nobodies in this community get no leeway while long timers do? Is it different anywhere else? That's just how any human society works.

And if you're really not mad at me, how come you insulted me on Discord so many times that Joel had to kick you from it? Also Joel mentioned he now remembers you. You're the guy who was harassing him on Twitter since March. Even @Dashpay on Twitter had to block you for your endless tirades.

Did it occur to you that there's no way to tell who is a "long timer" or not? You "upgraded" his ban to a lifetime because he is new, are you serious? How low are you gonna go?

How about you comment on the 100 times he broke the rules?
How about you comment on the numerous posts of other people complaining about him?
How about you comment on the double standard?
How about you comment on the fact that he curses, insults people, mock newbies, uses unprofessional language, ban people at will?
How about you comment on the fact that all he does is promote conflict.?
How about you comment on the fact that he does not have any fear of retaliation whatsoever?
How about you comment on the fact that is is proud to be know as the asshole mod?
How about you comment on the fact that he shows no remorse whatsoever?

What else does a moderator need to do to have his privileges revoked?

No, no, no, what's really important is that we don't say "shame on you", that's really bad. That's sooo counter-productive wow. Berating someone? Omg how can you do that!!

I think you are shooting yourself in the foot by coming down hard on tungfa and solarguy.
I understand that you seem to want me to call him out and say how terrible of a person he is. I'm not going to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back