• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Basilpop, the Dash subreddit moderator, does not have the temperament to be a moderator (PART 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, here is the reason I gave:

FYI MikeBam: Your Reddit account creation date is May 5th, 2018. I mistook you for another community member with a similar nickname. That's why I made your ban temporary, because I thought you were a long time community member with a good track record. Since that was a mistake I converted your 14 day ban into a permanent ban for attacking a long time community member with "Go f*** yourself".

Why are you surprised that complete nobodies in this community get no leeway while long timers do? Is it different anywhere else? That's just how any human society works.

And if you're really not mad at me, how come you insulted me on Discord so many times that Joel had to kick you from it? Also Joel mentioned he now remembers you. You're the guy who was harassing him on Twitter since March. Even @Dashpay on Twitter had to block you for your endless tirades. Anything you have to say about that?
Year and a half member here. Perm ban.

Did it occur to you that there's no way to tell who is a "long timer" or not? You "upgraded" his ban to a lifetime because he is new, are you serious? How low are you gonna go?

The age of your Reddit/Discord/Forum accounts and your post history are quite easily accessible sources to assess someone's membership to a community, so no, it did not occur to me, because it's simply not true what you say.

Next thing you're going to say is that he lost his passwords to all three of those at the same time and he also forgot his old usernames, too, so nobody can check up on those either, right?

I think you are shooting yourself in the foot by coming down hard on tungfa and solarguy.
I understand that you seem to want me to call him out and say how terrible of a person he is. I'm not going to do that.

No, I am calling you on the fact that you haven't commented on the these issues at all. Your only concern seem to be on how we express what is going on. I also never said I want you to call him horrible, you can stop trying to put words in my mouth again.

Year and a half member here. Perm ban.
To explain it in terms you can understand:

In the computer game GTA when you shoot a civilian you get 1 "Wanted" star. When you shoot a cop you instantly get 2 "Wanted" stars. In other terms: You don't insult a moderator. And much more importantly: You don't insult someone out of the blue without prior provocation. Nothing in this message prompted you to call me or anyone "moronic". I don't care what happened elsewhere on a different topic, that's completely irrelevant. What's relevant is that the community agrees with me as the up- and downvotes of those messages speak for themself.

The fact that you repeated it in this forum only solidifies the ban even more. So yeah, enjoy your ban, you very much deserved it.

If you ever catch me ever call anyone "moronic" for no reason I will drop my mod position instantly, so good luck.

No, I am calling you on the fact that you haven't commented on the these issues at all. Your only concern seem to be on how we express what is going on. I also never said I want you to call him horrible, you can stop trying to put words in my mouth again.

I am concerned about how you express what is going on, yes absolutely. Because I know how much such things can actually influence how arguments are received and the likelihood of a positive result coming out of it. You said I am downplaying it - yes, absolutely, and for a good reason. There's a difference between downplaying something to encourage level-headedness and patience towards sound decisions, versus dismissing something entirely.

How about pathetic morons instead?
But, bitch, please go ahead and link to whoever you pathetic morons think is me.

Can you please drop your mod position now?
You're not even trying, are you?
No, obviously not, because the conditions are not met. You are proving again how much you love to rip things out of context. The up- downvotes in this screenshot and more importantly the actual fucking context vindicate me 100%
eDQCxkO.png

can u guys stop the foul language and calling each other names
what are we all - 12 years old or what :mad:

can u guys stop the foul language and calling each other names
what are we all - 12 years old or what :mad:

Is that all you have to add to this topic and the other one you locked? A warning for "you guys" to watch their language?

What are you going to do with all the evidence I have provided?
What are you going to do to remedy the situation you have helped create since you allowed it to happen under your supervision?

Watch your language.

Context is important only when it applies to you, right? Because you had good reason to call someone pathetic moron, but everyone else should be banned.

This forum does not have any rules regarding free speech. You don't get to tell me or anyone to "watch their language". I will use curse words whenever necessary and if it offends you, I "pay that price" gladly. I'm not insulting you or anyone here. Saying "fucking" without directing it at someone personally is not an insult but free speech. You want another lecture on the difference?

Context is always important and you have been shown to ignore it multiple times to push your narrative through. And yes, I had a good reason to call someone pathetic moron, because that person was not a member of our community and he threatened to leak my personal data which is a direct threat to my personal safety and a direct violation of the rules. You might wanna read Rule 10 again. People are not allowed to insult other community members. Trolls are implicitly exempted from that.

People are not allowed to insult other community members. Trolls are implicitly exempted from that.

How convenient that you are the only one allowed to insult hundreds of users, just because you consider them as trolls under your subjective criteria.
How convenient that everyone you insult is a troll, and the target of everyone's insult is a "community member".

How convenient that you are the only one allowed to insult hundreds of users, just because you consider them as trolls under your subjective criteria.
How convenient that everyone you insult is a troll, and the target of everyone's insult is a "community member".

You're free to demonstrate that standard to not apply. Where did I ever insult any Dash community member? And don't give me any strong language as proof. I want a direct personal insult from me towards another member. Something to the effect of me calling someone "moronic" for no reason or me telling someone to "go fuck themself". I'm waiting.

Is that all you have to add to this topic and the other one you locked? A warning for "you guys" to watch their language?

What are you going to do with all the evidence I have provided?
What are you going to do to remedy the situation you have helped create since you allowed it to happen under your supervision?

u are loving this drama
don’t you
i am not on my computer and will read up on this when i have the time !

You're free to demonstrate that standard to not apply. Where did I ever insult any Dash community member? And don't give me any strong language as proof. I want a direct personal insult from me towards another member. Something to the effect of me calling someone "moronic" for no reason or me telling someone to "go fuck themself". I'm waiting.

I just listed 100 episodes of you insulting, mocking and being a jerk to members of the Dash reddit community. You cannot see that because, conveniently, everyone that you insult is a troll. I could get to 1000 insults if I go a bit further in your post history. To be honest it made me sick to read what you say to other members.

You don't mind insulting and offending them at all. You take special pleasure in doing so when you think you're "right". You have no sensitivity, empathy or compassion for others, particularly the ones that have a different opinion.

Last edited:
I just listed 100 episodes of you insulting, mocking and being a jerk to members of the Dash reddit community. You cannot see that because, conveniently, everyone that you insult is a troll. I could get to 1000 insults if I go a bit further in your post history. To be honest it made me sick to read what you say to other members.

You don't mind insulting and offending them at all. You take special pleasure in doing so when you think you're "right". You have no sensitivity, empathy or compassion for others, and you particularly the ones that have a different opinion.

That's your opinion, nothing more.

The up-/downvotes on the conversations you've posted speak another language. Go look for yourself. I have almost exclusively the most upvoted comments in those conversations. Why do you think that is?

The majority of the community agrees with my approach in handling attacks towards Dash. And that's basically all I'm doing. You can't see that because you're too concerned with your little feelings. You try to market your ban as "community wide problem" when in reality this entire tirade is just about you and you alone. The community does not agree with you, which you can't seem to handle and you think you'll achieve anything by ranting and raving in here. It's amusing to me.

Also: I conclude you cannot deliver a single example of me insulting a community member on the subreddit. If your quotes were all to fulfill the criteria as you're insisting all this time, you surely could post just one as an example? Where's the problem?

Ad hominem
That's not even close to "ad hominem". You don't seem to have the faintest idea what that term means. He only said you love drama. In what universe would that ever be interpreted as "ad hominem"?

Last edited:
The problem here is that you Dash Core Clique types do this handwaving, wagon-circling, Deflect-Criticism-With-Falsehoods thing all the time. You only take back the blatant falsehoods and strawmen when you get called out on them, but that still accomplishes your goal of changing the subject and deflecting attention away from the outstanding problem (in this case, Basilpop's years of unchecked toxic behavior driving off users and cancelling out the effect of Dash's expensive marketing efforts).

Your approach of deflecting valid criticism by tone policing the critic is asinine, and shame on you for doing it. Pretending we were demanding action be taken "immediately" as a way to invalidate our actually reasonable 'something must be done ASAP' position is a really shitty thing do to; it speaks volumes about your utter lack of integrity and inability to engage in good faith discussions.

Basilpop's toxic hyper-masculine cyber-bully approach to moderation consists of berating and is more than counter-productive (rat poison, actually) to our goal of growing the Dash community and ecosystem. Yet you choose to take a vauge 'wait-and-see' position with the usual meaningless corporate PR 'we'll have a conversation' Kabuki discipline wrist-slapping.

Exactly right. Don't let Basilpop's gang of enablers, sycophants, and apologists gaslight you with their attempts to shoot the messenger and blame Basilpop's victims. The more Dash Core Clique strenuously polices the tone of your expression the more we can all see they really don't want to respond to the actual content of that expression. Basilpop's Dash Core Clique defenders and enablers are all going on a list of clueless/compromised/unreliable people who need to be replaced with better (IE less sociopathic) employees, preferably ones who are not angry incels like Basilpop.

"Level-headedness and patience towards sound decisions" is the opposite of Basilpop The Bully's viciously antisocial, knee-jerk style of moderation. Where do you express your concern for that (*cricket chirping*)?

Here's another Core Clique insider furiously circling the wagons to protect Basilpop by playing the False Equivalence game, as if randoms with 100s of valid complaints about an out-of-control Moderator must (because Reasons) be vehemently Concern Trolled and Expression Policed while the actual object of contention (Basilpop) enjoys the benefits of infinite indulgence and strict rules for the proper methods of discourse fit to be allowed to pass Dash's Kill-The-Messenger filter.

Obviously no one is interested in taking my advice. That's fine, you don't have to listen to me if you don't want to. Keep on throwing punches at people who want to help, I hope for everyone's sake that this plan works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back