• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Baikal New miner Giant-A900 Now open for sale

be careful with the hidden fees like this in genesis mining efective today 04/17/17
the contrac with them for 2 years is $ 2250.00 us for 500 mh/s plus the fee.
I put a copy of the email i got from them:

Hi Umanac,

all of our contracts are one-off payments. Additionally, sha256 contracts have a maintenance fee of USD 0.00028 per GHs/day. This fee will be deducted from your mining in BTC and the result will be the payout. Hence, the higher the BTC price, the lower the fee and the higher the payout in practice.
In case the payout is more then 60 consecutive days zero the contract will be terminated as stated in the contract.

For X11, ETH, Monero, LTC and Zcash we do not charge maintenance fee, only the initial one-off payment. Ether, X11, Monero and LTC are two-year contracts, while Zcash is one-year contracts.

Currently the minima and maxima are
Sha256: 0.2 Ths: 30,00 USD to 200 Ths 26.000,00 USD
Litecoin: 2 MHs: 28,00 USD to 5000 Mhs 60.000,00 USD
X11: 5 Mhs: 30 USD to 1000 Mhs: 4.500,00 USD
Ether: 1 MH/s: 30:00 $ to 500 MH/s: 14.000,00 $
Monero: 30 H/s: 33,99 $ to 10000 H/s: 10.7440,00$
Zcash: (sold out currently)

Best regards,
Helen
Genesis Mining Customer Service

Hi everyone,
I hope it is okay that I'm posting this question in this thread. (I'm a noob)

I'm currently looking to purchase a Baikal Giant A900, but nearly everywhere appears to be sold out.

I have followed up with:
AsicMinerMarket - Sold Out (E-mailed requesting restocking dates)
EastShore - Sold Out (E-mailed requesting restocking dates)

I would consider purchasing directly from Baikal, but since they reqire to be paid in Bitcoin or Dash, I've figured this isn't the best/easiest for myself. I live in Canada, and would need to exchange into USD, then again into BTC or DASH, costing more money each exchange. The least amount of currencies involved, the better (CAD - USD). Aside from purchasing from a Canadian site (Bitcoinware net) requesting $4,000, are there any other trusted online retailers I could purchase a unit from, which is currently in-stock?

I've looked at as-shop, su, but believe this to be a scam. SU is Soviet Union, and it says their building location is in some big fancy complex in Costa Mesa California. Pretty sure it's not legitimate.
The only remaining site I've been able to find with the A900 In-Stock, is Alibaba, which I've never purchased from (not sure to trust), and their online stores are reporting 10,000 units available each, which is very hard to believe. I would prefer to avoid this route if possible.

If anyone knows of another trusted site, or even retailer in North America, I would greatly appreciate it. I'll be in the U.S. later this month, so I'm fine with Canada or U.S., pending the price is fairly similar to the manufacturer.
Aces, BEWARE of as-shop, su, my partner purchased 2 A900 miners from these bozos and he got ripped-Off before we realized they
were a SCAM. I live in Orange County, CA., near Costa Mesa, drove to that fancy high rise to hopefully speak w/ the people and find out about my partners
A900's and found those people had NO idea what I was talking about? So my partner was Scammed by the as-shop, su. BEWARE of this Scam artist.
Someone should report them on RipOff report.com and put these scammers out of business!!

lots of Giants for sale again..

got a mini and a cube now, paid the original price.
i rather ROI on little hashing power than paying crazy prices for used gear..

what are you people mining anyway? MUE?
DASH kinda sucks now..lol
no, just joking...

i mean DASH is not the world..
there are lots of intresing things to invest these days..
but if there will be a new batch of giants i would def get one or two..

cheers

lots of Giants for sale again..

got a mini and a cube now, paid the original price.
i rather ROI on little hashing power than paying crazy prices for used gear..

no, just joking...

i mean DASH is not the world..
there are lots of intresing things to invest these days..
but if there will be a new batch of giants i would def get one or two..

cheers

We do have few left if you're interested. whoever pays first will get the promised price which is $4200 + shipping at the current moment. Next batch (if we can get any) price might be different but definitely not lower I believe since it's very hard to find them.

The only way I see the price to drop is if Baikal decides to remanufacturing them again. But no word on that yet from them. (I keep contact with Baikal)

PM me if you're serious and we'll go from there.

You can reserve/buy one or two by sending me the fund to the address below in my signature.

Thank you.

-Jason

We do have few left if you're interested. whoever pays first will get the promised price which is $4200 + shipping at the current moment. Next batch (if we can get any) price might be different but definitely not lower I believe since it's very hard to find them.

The only way I see the price to drop is if Baikal decides to remanufacturing them again. But no word on that yet from them. (I keep contact with Baikal)

-Jason

thanks alot, price seems ok.
unfortunately i dont have that much coins liquid..

baikal actually didnt went up in price with their miners

~
150mh 400$
300mh 800$
900mh 2400$

so it still would be cheaper to get 3 Cubes,
unfortunately they only ship 1 per customer,
or are they already sold out..? dont know

im just a little obsessed with the giant, cause it looks so cool...

nevertheless, i think im good with my hashpower for now,
there is so much other stuff going on too..

greetings,
Donald

Last edited:
thanks alot, price seems ok.
unfortunately i dont have that much coins liquid..

baikal actually didnt went up in price with their miners

~
150mh 400$
300mh 800$
900mh 2400$

so it still would be cheaper to get 3 Cubes,
unfortunately they only ship 1 per customer,
or are they already sold out..? dont know

im just a little obsessed with the giant, cause it looks so cool...

nevertheless, i think im good with my x11 hashpower for now,
there is so much other stuff going on too..

greetings,
Donald

Yes, it's true that Baikal didn't raise their prices but please note that they're not producing any more Giants and Cubes are always out of stock at the moment and also as you've mentioned, limited to 1 per customer (If you're lucky) Big companies are buying out in bulk so they will be out of stock for awhile I'm hearing, Genesis mining is buying out everything they have whenever it's available.

Anyhow, great to hear from you and Happy mining! =)

Tried MUE and the ROI is a tiny bit better than Dash right now (yesterday it was 11% better, today only 2-3% as the global Dash Hashrate is quite down again). I however think MUE is complete and utter garbage, none of the clients worked properly for me, so I just created a wallet on Bittrex, mined 650 MUE in half a day and sold them (they lost 4.8% value during that time too). Way too much hassle and trouble IMO, if you like MUE and will hold it, it makes sense, but I just wanted to get rid of it again. However it is using Quark and you need a lot less power to mine this (50w instead of 75w).
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators...000&er=0.00003006&btcer=1344.60000000&hc=0.00
Nice pool to mine on: http://p2pool.e-pool.net:5856/static/ (target as bittrex works fine too and is what more than half the miners use there)
http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/monetaryunit-difficulty-chart

Dash is definitately the second most profitable: https://www.cryptocompare.com/minin...nit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=200&CostPerkWh=0.12
I use MiningPoolHub (0.9% fee) and yesterday it gave me almost 0.8 dash for my 2 giants, today it looks like half the rate, but since it is going up and down, who knows ..

However these estimations are completely wonky and change every day (probably every hour), it makes sense to check for the difficulty and mine when its low: http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/dash-difficulty-chart

I also tried on Nicehash, which sometimes pays more than the dash you mine, a bit strange, but Nicehash buyers are willing to pay premium .. X11 is the most profitable here too and will be used most of the time, X13 and X15 have no volume and are pretty much useless. Qubit is used for DGB and can be profitable, but there is also not enough volume, it was almost never picked. Quark as well (see above, manually mining MUE makes more sense).

Anyway, I just want some Dash and the easiest is to mine directly, if profitability is really low I will maybe switch from time to time, nicehash also makes it easy to just add all algos and let the buyers decide what makes most sense at the time.

thx!

im mining dash with the mini and the cube is auto switching on Mining Pool Hub.
Dont know if this is very profitable, but i really like mining multiple algos and the auto exchange feature.
Its nice because it prevents me from gambling on an exchange when swapping my coins.
goes directly into my local (eth) wallet..
hope we will see more Volumen on Quark and Qubit coins too.

bye

Last edited:
Nice pool to mine on: http://p2pool.e-pool.net:5856/static/ (target as bittrex works fine too and is what more than half the miners use there)
http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/monetaryunit-difficulty-chart

I tried p2pool.e-pool.net, but I get these addresses that start with 7. Those aren't Dash addresses, so what are they for?
upload_2017-4-25_5-36-25.png

I don't see my miner listed there, even though on the web interface of my miner it seems it's mining something
upload_2017-4-25_5-36-58.png

I thought we were all mining Dash here... What's the deal with those MUE addresses?
Yes that section in my post was all about MUE, which I could not get working locally on my PC or Android, thus I used a wallet on BitTrex, where you can trade MUE to BTC and then get Dash from there .. as I said too much work, even if it gets 10% more (both the profitability has dropped to about the same as Dash and the MUE to BTC conversion is getting worse and worse, so currently it seems to be at a loss).

Yes that section in my post was all about MUE, which I could not get working locally on my PC or Android, thus I used a wallet on BitTrex, where you can trade MUE to BTC and then get Dash from there .. as I said too much work, even if it gets 10% more (both the profitability has dropped to about the same as Dash and the MUE to BTC conversion is getting worse and worse, so currently it seems to be at a loss).

Thanks for the clarification. I was using suprnova.cc since about a month now. Have it set up to deposit the earnings when it reaches 0.3 Dash (roughly one deposit a day), for better tracking purposes. At the beginning, the projected earnings where close to $800 / month per Giant. Now it's closer to $450. That's why I have my 2nd Giant mining on coinmine.pl, which seems to be doing a bit better.

Which wallet do you use to deposit your earnings?

Thanks for the clarification. I was using suprnova.cc since about a month now. Have it set up to deposit the earnings when it reaches 0.3 Dash (roughly one deposit a day), for better tracking purposes. At the beginning, the projected earnings where close to $800 / month per Giant. Now it's closer to $450. That's why I have my 2nd Giant mining on coinmine.pl, which seems to be doing a bit better.

Which wallet do you use to deposit your earnings?

I used suprnova.cc first too, which sounds good with no fee, but I never reached my hashrate (on average I got 20-30% less). http://Dash.MiningPoolHub.com has a strange way of displaying the current hashrate too, but overall it still is about 900mh per Giant, minus the 0.9% fee it is still the best and works out fine by me. The interface is a bit ugly, but all mining pools use more or less the same system and I have not found one that displays the hashrate well (usually goes up and down 50% or more). However in the end it is important how much you mine each day and there I reach up to 0.4dash per day per giant (yesterday was good, currently a bit higher difficulty, so around 0.31dash per giant I guess). I calculated around $600 per month per Giant, so 5-6 months till ROI or a bit longer if difficulty goes up or less if Dash prices goes up (also getting power through solar at daytime, so it is less of a factor for me): https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=900&HashingUnit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=200&CostPerkWh=0.12

Once I reach a few dash they automatically get transfered directly to my Hardware Wallet (Ledger Nano S, which works very well with Dash, the only thing I am missing is the nice desktop notifications I get from the normal PC wallet) and either use it or plan to transfer it every month to my masternode share.

Thanks for the insight, @LostInSpace What I like about suprnova and coinmine.pl is the interface, like you mentioned. And the fact that you can get notifications for when they deposit you instead of having to track them down by yourself. That gives me data to calculate the profit and ROI.

I'll have to get a Ledger Nano S, then. It's the cheapest of them all and a good way m, or so it seems, to get started with a HW wallet.

Never thought if feeding the remaining Dash to a MN share! Great idea. I have 25 Dash with Splawik since a few weeks, and would like to get more Dash for free from it.

Back