Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Baikal New miner Giant-A900 Now open for sale

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussions (ASIC / GPU / CPU)' started by BAIKAL, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Aces

Aces New Member

It's a scam, it's the same people who operated the as-shop(.)su from Russia. Their Costa Mesa address is exactly the same as theirs use to be. They didn't even put an effort into changing things.

Thanks for the message. I had already assumed that was the case, and sorry your friend lost money to them. I hate hearing things like that!

The only reputable retailers I've seen online, are direct from Baikal @ baikalminer.com [NOT baikailminers(.)com], asicminermarket.com (higher prices because of middle-man), and east shore.xyz (whom hasn't updated their site/available units in months). Everyone else, I would personally avoid purchasing from, even everyone on Alibaba and AliExpress. It's just not worth the hassle and there are so many unreliable sellers out there. Purchasing from other users with a good track record is much better than any unknown or remotely questionable online retailer.

As of right now, Asic Miner Market is allowing for pre-orders, but is only payable in coins (non-paypal), which if you're going to be paying in coins, you might as well ensure you're communicating with the correct Baikal team, and purchase directly from them, for the best prices online.

To confirm with JasonHan, Baikal is currently not producing the Giant A-900 at this time, and are only producing the new CUBE 300MH/s, and Quad-CUBE 1200MH/s. It's expected they will be releasing a more powerful xxxxMH/s single unit, but Baikal does not have any information to release on this yet. Also to confirm, they are the seller for the manufacturer, which is sometimes why information is scarce regarding upcoming products, quantities, and shipment times.

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. LostInSpace

LostInSpace Active Member

Yeah, Splawik is really nice and responsive, you can always get your dash out (or wait for the next payout and then get them out). It is not as profitable as mining, but it is nice that Dash in a masternode produces a bit extra and as long as I won't use all my Dash, there is no point holding it myself when I can put it into a masternode just as well :)

3. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

Thanks a lot for the information, @Aces . Much appreciated. My particular experience with Asicminermarket was not great. After a week and a half of chatting, emailing and contacting through their web page, after paying them for a Giant, and not replying at all, I went to PayPal to get my money back, which fortunately I did. After that, they apparently didn't like that and aren't accepting PayPal anymore.

Probably the lack of communication isn't proof of scam, but it definitely left me with a very bad taste. It seemed almost negligence at that point. I'm just glad I paid with PayPal. Otherwise, I'd probably be out $2400 and 1 Giant. But I'm glad that someone got their product from them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. JasonHan

JasonHan Member

Dash Address:
    Xf5aH7xHYyATDfXPgsoWTMDxwcBgFo4mQZ
    Wow.. So sorry to hear this........ that sucks...........!!!!!!!

5. Flip

Flip New Member

Can anyone confirm he was sending money to scam Skype address?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

I'm not seeing the Skype ID in any of the screenshots. @Danny can you post the Skype ID from the supposed Baikal account you cheated with?

7. Yeso

Yeso Member

:( @Danny
    It's definitely a fake skype ID .

8. kris jaco

kris jaco New Member

i have chatted with one of this baikal skype if it is a scammer i dont know but the skype name is "baikalminer" same picture on the profile as danny has talked to.

i am looking for a file for my cube filename "Baikal_Cube_V00_DATE.zip" do any of you have a working link to the file.

9. Marino

Marino New Member

Would be really nice if in addition to warn of scam sites could also help us communicate a purchase has been successful and on which site.

10. BAIKAL

BAIKAL Member

wherever I go, I can see you........
    Please just show us the evidence/proof if you did paid us!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. BAIKAL

BAIKAL Member

• Like Like x 2
  12. VietKing

VietKing New Member

I just got my Baikal Giant-A900 can't wait to get it set up what are the best pools that takes advantage of the full capabilities
    of the auto switching and such! Thanks everyone for any advice you give I am a newbie and just getting my feet wet I
    was very fortunate to be able to get this one as you all know it ain't east getting one of these units

13. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

Where did you get your Giant from? And at what price? It's hard to get to them these days.

There's a rumor that Baikal doesn't officially sell them anymore. Is that true, @BAIKAL?

14. senci123

senci123 New Member

has anyone been to the site asic-store.com, think its a scam site but not completely sure

15. ilia_2s

ilia_2s Active Member

Looks like a scam for sure. They are selling sold out models under factory price.

16. senci123

senci123 New Member

That's what i thought, to good to be true.

17. VietKing

VietKing New Member

I got one on ebay and the same guy had one more when I sent him an email from his paypal email address
    and he sold that one to me too, I understand that they are not making any more and in the future, there will only be the cubes
    I am very happy with my giant 900. However, I have not found out what else they might mine?

18. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

As per the specs page, Giants can mine X11 (Dash), X12, X14, X15, Qubits and others. If you choose to mine at zpool.ca, they have auto-algorithm mining, so they will switch between algos depending on what's more profitable in real time. I have it set up to give me the reward in BTC, because apparently they don't have a lot of liquidity in Dash, and you may get your reward stick there until they mine more Dash, reason why I have them pay in BTC

19. VietKing

VietKing New Member

Every time I try one of the places that are supposed to multi mine with my giant 900 the blue lights flash and
    it takes a greaqt bit of messing around with it to even get it going again @ coinmine tried nace hash and hub
    I am afraid I may not get it going again sometimes. took 3 hours to get back online after trying for hours to get
    it multi mining at the hub, it was online but showing 0 hashing.

20. zhivenkoff

zhivenkoff New Member

scammers now have many websites, be careful, don't believe nobody

21. Kapllan

Kapllan New Member

Have anyone tried Alibaba?

22. VietKing

VietKing New Member

Why would anyone want to "try Alibaba"? If the manufacturer has been out of them for awhile eith the craze going on right now
    you can be sure none of the resellers have any, they will hold your money until they become available at the factory buy 2 with
    your money and send you one. Don't believe anyone on Alibaba can deliver, and don't pay their markup.

23. Kapllan

Kapllan New Member

If all on Alibaba were scumbags, would it be any sense in existence of their website at all? I know that's a lot of problems in cooperation. I just want to incite some local intermediaries. Maybe they could find out anything. And it's not about new devices. Many used were sold last times and seems to be working good.

24. VietKing

VietKing New Member

Although I have had more than my share of problems I am certainly not calling any of the seller's scum bags, However you will most likely
    find just as I said no one has any for sale, if you do find someone with some used units please let us all know they would be gone instantly I am sure

25. Ashutosh

Ashutosh New Member

When wrong algorithm is selected for a chosen pool (e.g. X11 in case of Quark), miner will appear up, while no hash rate will be contributed in pool at all. Try with proper settings (e.g. X11 in case of Dash on nicehash).

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

26. Markdroplet

Markdroplet New Member

I'm looking at getting one from Susan from Alibaba site

27. johnnydash

johnnydash New Member

Hey everyone!!
    I have looked around and i can not find the amperage draw for the baikal A900.
    Can anyone give me a ruff idea please.
    Thanks.

28. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

The power draw is ~225W, which si probably what you want to calculate how much you're paying for electricity or which power supply to get.

29. johnnydash

johnnydash New Member

I purchased the LITEON psu from eastshore. On the label it states input 100-240v~ . 50/60 Hz 9.5A-5.0A. So I guess i just answered my own question.
    If the power supply that eastshore sells for the baikal A900 is "9.5A-5.0A" then i should be fine.
    Why I ask is, first i'm 1/2 crazy. 2nd i don't use my house dryer outlet( well maybe a little but thats is very little ). I want to put all my miners in one room so i had purchased enuff 50A cable to plug in at the socket and run it thru the attic to the back room. Not wanting to start any fires as i will also hookup an antminer that needs 220 so i guess i'll be ok as the dryer uses 30A.
    Does anyone think that a 50A cord is overkill? or may cause any problems?
    Thank you

30. Markdroplet

Markdroplet New Member

fyi, didnt end up getting one from Susan on Alibaba, cz 1. attitude not very welcoming, and 2. feels a little dodgey, hence got a unit of Giant+ from Baikal in the end.
    Really good guys.
    Something wrong with the ip settings, don't know what, but shipped it back for their testing, and hopefully will get it in a couple of hrs.