Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Baikal New miner Giant-A900 Now open for sale

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussions (ASIC / GPU / CPU)' started by BAIKAL, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Carlos Umana

Carlos Umana New Member

there is not a single pinilea support link in their site. i tried to get help form aliexpress but they did not answer me in anyway.
    i found the image of the sd card inside the controller after 2 weeks searching the internet I found it by miracle in a russian forum (and let me tell you I dont know nothing of that language)but i saw the pictures and I tough they were talking about this issue.
    If any one has the same problems I have the sd card image and link to where to find the controller if you need.
    I am happy to be here hope I will learn a lot
    ty for having me

2. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, I definitely wouldn't like to risk my hard earned money in hardware that may end up not working and I'm out my money and my mine.

3. Carlos Umana

Carlos Umana New Member

why is that baikalminer .com is flaw in dash site as an scam but you post it as a site to go buy in your mining link. The good site has and s at he end.

4. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

Thanks for the correction. I didn't notice that. So yeah, the official site seems to be baikalminers.com

5. Smining

Smining New Member

The official site is baikalminer.com
    The fake site is baikalminerS.com

Becareful everyone. Be cautious with your hard earned money and be on point when looking at these little tricks scammers are pulling in our community.

6. Smining

Smining New Member

Real site baikalminer.com

Fake site baikalminerS.com

Becareful with these tricks scammers are pulling out there.

7. Carlos Umana

Carlos Umana New Member

now I am confuse

8. Smining

Smining New Member

9. ilia_2s

ilia_2s Active Member

I bought my devs at baikalminer.com, don't know anything about baikalminerS!

#159 ilia_2s, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  10. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

Thanks for correcting me, guys. Baikalminer.com is the real one. I checked my Skype conversations from the ones that gave me support and in fact it was baikalminer.com.

Darn scammers... Hard to never let your guard down.

11. Carlos Umana

Carlos Umana New Member

I think i will go and get a genesis mining contract like that I dont take risks. anyone has tried that?

12. Carlos Umana

Carlos Umana New Member

be careful with the hidden fees like this in genesis mining efective today 04/17/17
    the contrac with them for 2 years is $ 2250.00 us for 500 mh/s plus the fee.
    I put a copy of the email i got from them:

Hi Umanac,

all of our contracts are one-off payments. Additionally, sha256 contracts have a maintenance fee of USD 0.00028 per GHs/day. This fee will be deducted from your mining in BTC and the result will be the payout. Hence, the higher the BTC price, the lower the fee and the higher the payout in practice.
    In case the payout is more then 60 consecutive days zero the contract will be terminated as stated in the contract.

For X11, ETH, Monero, LTC and Zcash we do not charge maintenance fee, only the initial one-off payment. Ether, X11, Monero and LTC are two-year contracts, while Zcash is one-year contracts.

Currently the minima and maxima are
    Sha256: 0.2 Ths: 30,00 USD to 200 Ths 26.000,00 USD
    Litecoin: 2 MHs: 28,00 USD to 5000 Mhs 60.000,00 USD
    X11: 5 Mhs: 30 USD to 1000 Mhs: 4.500,00 USD
    Ether: 1 MH/s: 30:00 $ to 500 MH/s: 14.000,00 $
    Monero: 30 H/s: 33,99 $ to 10000 H/s: 10.7440,00$
    Zcash: (sold out currently)

Best regards,
    Helen
    Genesis Mining Customer Service

13. Mony

Mony New Member

Aces, BEWARE of as-shop, su, my partner purchased 2 A900 miners from these bozos and he got ripped-Off before we realized they
    were a SCAM. I live in Orange County, CA., near Costa Mesa, drove to that fancy high rise to hopefully speak w/ the people and find out about my partners
    A900's and found those people had NO idea what I was talking about? So my partner was Scammed by the as-shop, su. BEWARE of this Scam artist.
    Someone should report them on RipOff report.com and put these scammers out of business!!

14. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

BTW, I just got my Giant from @JasonHan and it's doing great! Legit seller. Very responsive. Highly recommended! Just left him a great review in his profile.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Donald Dash

Donald Dash New Member

lots of Giants for sale again..

got a mini and a cube now, paid the original price.
    i rather ROI on little hashing power than paying crazy prices for used gear..

what are you people mining anyway? MUE?
    DASH kinda sucks now..lol
    no, just joking...

i mean DASH is not the world..
    there are lots of intresing things to invest these days..
    but if there will be a new batch of giants i would def get one or two..

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. JasonHan

JasonHan Member

Dash Address:
    Xf5aH7xHYyATDfXPgsoWTMDxwcBgFo4mQZ
    We do have few left if you're interested. whoever pays first will get the promised price which is $4200 + shipping at the current moment. Next batch (if we can get any) price might be different but definitely not lower I believe since it's very hard to find them.

The only way I see the price to drop is if Baikal decides to remanufacturing them again. But no word on that yet from them. (I keep contact with Baikal)

PM me if you're serious and we'll go from there.

You can reserve/buy one or two by sending me the fund to the address below in my signature.

Thank you.

-Jason

17. ilia_2s

ilia_2s Active Member

Monetary unit blockchain was broken. IMHO, the most profitable to mine on X11 it DASH and Nicehash.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Donald Dash

Donald Dash New Member

thanks alot, price seems ok.
    unfortunately i dont have that much coins liquid..

baikal actually didnt went up in price with their miners

~
    150mh 400$
    300mh 800$
    900mh 2400$

so it still would be cheaper to get 3 Cubes,
    unfortunately they only ship 1 per customer,
    or are they already sold out..? dont know

im just a little obsessed with the giant, cause it looks so cool...

nevertheless, i think im good with my hashpower for now,
    there is so much other stuff going on too..

greetings,
    Donald

#168 Donald Dash, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  19. JasonHan

JasonHan Member

Dash Address:
    Xf5aH7xHYyATDfXPgsoWTMDxwcBgFo4mQZ
    Yes, it's true that Baikal didn't raise their prices but please note that they're not producing any more Giants and Cubes are always out of stock at the moment and also as you've mentioned, limited to 1 per customer (If you're lucky) Big companies are buying out in bulk so they will be out of stock for awhile I'm hearing, Genesis mining is buying out everything they have whenever it's available.

Anyhow, great to hear from you and Happy mining! =)

20. LostInSpace

LostInSpace Member

Tried MUE and the ROI is a tiny bit better than Dash right now (yesterday it was 11% better, today only 2-3% as the global Dash Hashrate is quite down again). I however think MUE is complete and utter garbage, none of the clients worked properly for me, so I just created a wallet on Bittrex, mined 650 MUE in half a day and sold them (they lost 4.8% value during that time too). Way too much hassle and trouble IMO, if you like MUE and will hold it, it makes sense, but I just wanted to get rid of it again. However it is using Quark and you need a lot less power to mine this (50w instead of 75w).
    http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators...000&er=0.00003006&btcer=1344.60000000&hc=0.00
    Nice pool to mine on: http://p2pool.e-pool.net:5856/static/ (target as bittrex works fine too and is what more than half the miners use there)
    http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/monetaryunit-difficulty-chart

Dash is definitately the second most profitable: https://www.cryptocompare.com/minin...nit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=200&CostPerkWh=0.12
    I use MiningPoolHub (0.9% fee) and yesterday it gave me almost 0.8 dash for my 2 giants, today it looks like half the rate, but since it is going up and down, who knows ..

However these estimations are completely wonky and change every day (probably every hour), it makes sense to check for the difficulty and mine when its low: http://www.coinwarz.com/difficulty-charts/dash-difficulty-chart

I also tried on Nicehash, which sometimes pays more than the dash you mine, a bit strange, but Nicehash buyers are willing to pay premium .. X11 is the most profitable here too and will be used most of the time, X13 and X15 have no volume and are pretty much useless. Qubit is used for DGB and can be profitable, but there is also not enough volume, it was almost never picked. Quark as well (see above, manually mining MUE makes more sense).

Anyway, I just want some Dash and the easiest is to mine directly, if profitability is really low I will maybe switch from time to time, nicehash also makes it easy to just add all algos and let the buyers decide what makes most sense at the time.

• Informative Informative x 3
  21. Donald Dash

Donald Dash New Member

thx!

im mining dash with the mini and the cube is auto switching on Mining Pool Hub.
    Dont know if this is very profitable, but i really like mining multiple algos and the auto exchange feature.
    Its nice because it prevents me from gambling on an exchange when swapping my coins.
    goes directly into my local (eth) wallet..
    hope we will see more Volumen on Quark and Qubit coins too.

bye

#171 Donald Dash, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  22. jimbo12

jimbo12 Member

Finally we all know that we bought the A900 at a surplus because it goes down the water ...

23. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

24. lunis

lunis New Member

As I can see those are MUE adresses...

25. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

I thought we were all mining Dash here... What's the deal with those MUE addresses?

26. lunis

lunis New Member

MUE=MonetaryUnit iy's a quark algorithm coin that can be mined with baikal miners...

27. LostInSpace

LostInSpace Member

Yes that section in my post was all about MUE, which I could not get working locally on my PC or Android, thus I used a wallet on BitTrex, where you can trade MUE to BTC and then get Dash from there .. as I said too much work, even if it gets 10% more (both the profitability has dropped to about the same as Dash and the MUE to BTC conversion is getting worse and worse, so currently it seems to be at a loss).

• Informative Informative x 1
  28. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

Thanks for the clarification. I was using suprnova.cc since about a month now. Have it set up to deposit the earnings when it reaches 0.3 Dash (roughly one deposit a day), for better tracking purposes. At the beginning, the projected earnings where close to $800 / month per Giant. Now it's closer to $450. That's why I have my 2nd Giant mining on coinmine.pl, which seems to be doing a bit better.

Which wallet do you use to deposit your earnings?

29. LostInSpace

LostInSpace Member

I used suprnova.cc first too, which sounds good with no fee, but I never reached my hashrate (on average I got 20-30% less). http://Dash.MiningPoolHub.com has a strange way of displaying the current hashrate too, but overall it still is about 900mh per Giant, minus the 0.9% fee it is still the best and works out fine by me. The interface is a bit ugly, but all mining pools use more or less the same system and I have not found one that displays the hashrate well (usually goes up and down 50% or more). However in the end it is important how much you mine each day and there I reach up to 0.4dash per day per giant (yesterday was good, currently a bit higher difficulty, so around 0.31dash per giant I guess). I calculated around $600 per month per Giant, so 5-6 months till ROI or a bit longer if difficulty goes up or less if Dash prices goes up (also getting power through solar at daytime, so it is less of a factor for me): https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/dash?HashingPower=900&HashingUnit=MH/s&PowerConsumption=200&CostPerkWh=0.12

Once I reach a few dash they automatically get transfered directly to my Hardware Wallet (Ledger Nano S, which works very well with Dash, the only thing I am missing is the nice desktop notifications I get from the normal PC wallet) and either use it or plan to transfer it every month to my masternode share.

• Like Like x 1
  30. mrearthbound

mrearthbound Member

Thanks for the insight, @LostInSpace What I like about suprnova and coinmine.pl is the interface, like you mentioned. And the fact that you can get notifications for when they deposit you instead of having to track them down by yourself. That gives me data to calculate the profit and ROI.

I'll have to get a Ledger Nano S, then. It's the cheapest of them all and a good way m, or so it seems, to get started with a HW wallet.

Never thought if feeding the remaining Dash to a MN share! Great idea. I have 25 Dash with Splawik since a few weeks, and would like to get more Dash for free from it.

• Agree Agree x 1