• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Announcing DASH.ORG!

I sure hope so. I was never comfortable with the term Dashpay, this is a currency, it should not equate to a payment processor. Dash is Digital Cash, much more than a Bitpay for Dash. Better now, Dashpay.io could be used by a potential Bitpay for Dash, and keeps them separate. Two birds with one stone...
But it is a payment processor.... Banks are payment processors, we compete with payment processors. But anyway, hopefully we'll establish a merchant solution like you said, and call it Dashpay :) That will be very cool.

Since it's twitter, I'm sure all the trolls will be voting it down. But if it helps get people talking about Dash, OK :)

12 Votes in favor. Not bad. Showing support for the purchase is very important. IMO
Capture.PNG

This just goes to show you that you can't make people happy no matter what you do. I swear that some of you people would be pissed if Evan walked up to you and gave you a million dollars in cash.

Let's face the facts: there's idealism, and there's the real world. Did you really want Evan to announce that he was seeking this domain and get everyone's vote ahead of time, so that the trolls would have plenty of time to throw a monkey wrench in it? I'm sure Icebreaker would have loved to start a shill bidding war.

The bottom line is this: if you don't like it, vote against reimbursement. Go ahead--that's the reason the budget system exists. There is always room for reasonable people to disagree. In a case like this, the other 98% of us will gladly overcome your "no" votes.

This is a remarkable coup, and props to Evan, trip, Daniel, kot, and anyone else involved.

P.S. The ownership question is an interesting one. I would imagine that the Foundation would own the domain until such a time as there is a real-world legal precedent established to handle decentralized ownership by the masternode network. Our technology is so far ahead of the law that it's going to take time for the legislatures and lawyers to get caught up.

P.P.S. Let's face it--everybody seems to have different ideas about what sorts of things should qualify for budget funding. Some people vote against any project that doesn't receive direct endorsement from Evan. Some people vote against any project that doesn't serve 100% of all Dash users. Some people vote against projects because the proposer didn't come to the community and "ask permission" before spending money. In just the last few months, I've seen all these and more. Vote as you see fit, but don't expect everyone else to adhere to your strict philosophies on how budget money should be spent. That's why we vote!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the budget proposal passes, and if the domain is sold at some point, what should happen with the money? One idea would be to use the money to buy DASH off the exchanges and burn it. But then again, if the domain is being sold it means DASH has become worthless and has failed so there's no point in buying and burning it.

If the budget proposal passes, and if the domain is sold at some point, what should happen with the money? One idea would be to use the money to buy DASH off the exchanges and burn it. But then again, if the domain is being sold it means DASH has become worthless and has failed so there's no point in buying and burning it.

or Dash could be renamed so Dash.org is no longer useful for the coin

What is going to happen to Github?

Seems as if http://github.com/dash/ is already taken though it doesn't seem like http://github.com/digitalcash/ might be available?

DIGITALCASH !!

this is the word I have been focusing on... I don't talk about dash.. I ask about digitalcash.. "Do you take digital cash?" the word dash will catch on eventually, but digital cash is what we should all be talking about.

as for the dash.org, when I first heard about it on IRC, I was initially against with a knee jerk reaction. but after reading this thread, it makes sense and it does give some legitimacy to DASH. (digital cash)

The original asking price from the seller was $30,000.00, which is why it was very difficult to negotiate to a reasonable price. The negotiation process was delicate and lead by Triptolemoose over a 2 month period, this project could not be announced publicly upfront as that would put the negotiation in jeopardy and thus we had to request private sponsorship and now wait for budget refunding after the domain was transferred. We will request funding for this from the budget system over a period of four months at the price at the time of the purchase which was $2.42. We are splitting it up to use as little budget space as possible while at the same time refunding sponsors over a reasonable period of time. This will total 2100DASH/month over a 4 month period. Needless to say, the sponsors are supporters of the coin and will hold their refunds creating no impact in the markets, while making our coin much more easier to find online and helping us raise visibility.

I was pretty on-the-fence about the big expenditure until I found this thread and read the quoted part of Evan's OP. There was a clear reason not to consult the community (protecting negotiations) and these three guys stuck their own necks out there to cover the costs; they will be requesting reimbursement, but that outcome is [theoretically] not guaranteed. Assuming they are reimbursed, most of us have confidence that they will do what they say and not cash out Dash, so we won't have to worry about the value of Dash being pushed down by a $20k DASH->fiat conversion.

The community can view this as a $20k investment in Dash by three major stakeholders - that's a very good thing indeed and further proves their absolute commitment to the long-term future of this project.

Dash.org is good for branding (hope we will get protected "dash" brand finally) - so congrats!

I would really like confirmation on this point...

I swear that some of you people would be pissed if Evan walked up to you and gave you a million dollars in cash.

Actually, that's exactly what most of us are hanging around and waiting for him to do - "to the moon!!!" :wink::grin:

The twitter vote I posted went pretty well. 19 Total Votes 79% believe it is a Good Buy. Seems people here in thread and on twitter seem to be happy with it. Overall a good investment for SEO, Branding, and as and Asset. How the use of the domain is executed will be key of course. 2100 DASH over four months is a lot of coin, but but the value after execution should make the domain much more valuable. :smile:

Edit: Adding Link to Tweet, since I have unpinned from my twitter page.

https://twitter.com/wigitgetit/status/665935698860466176

Nix The Narrative   wigitgetit    Twitter.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy so much money for a domain ...
You should see how much I've been offered for solventtrap.com... Which I bought for peanuts off of a competitor I put out of business.
This is a good investment!
Not to pick nits, but, isn't a purchased investment something you intend to sell at some point? I think more will come from continuing to possess it.

Kinda like masternodes...
I would hope there should be no more talk about letting the foundation go... it cost nearly 4000 Dash to reimburse Evan for setting it up.

And most definitely a 'Virtual Corporation' cannot own assets - the foundation would seem an appropriate owner of the Dash.org domain name.
This "virtual corporation" language has always confused the shit out of me... A Corporation is, first and foremost, a Government Entity. If it is not a Government Entity, it is not a Corporation, and lacks pretty much everything that a Corporation is. Since it's not a government entity, and lacks 99% of what a corporation is by proxy of that, using the remaining 1% as an attachment to those vestigial concepts is just strange and confusing. That's like saying An Elephant and a Beer Keg are comparable just because they're made out of matter, so we should refer to Beer Kegs as Virtual Elephants.

In that light, have we not made The Foundation vestigial because votes/proposals?

But, anyway...

Win on the domain! I saw the price tag a few months ago and figured "there's no way they're going to let it go, and we can vote a budget now..." I chose to stay quiet specifically because I didn't want the seller to think there were more interested parties and be unwilling to negotiate...

And cooler yet... There will be a reimbursement proposal that isn't a guarantee. We'll vote. But, knowing this crowd, it's pretty hard to leave the people hanging who went out on a limb for this.

That's just how awesome DASH is. This is the only project in crypto that isn't predatory. We got your back guys. Thanks.

I dont like this, .org domains are desperate and ugly.
Uh, not when .org suits you better than .com does. This isn't Bank of America, and damn glad it's not. Why imitate what you're trying to eliminate?
I would have bought this domain for you for $20k if i knew it would be a ZERO risk investment.
Me too. In fact... If someone told me to show up after thee guys walked away from it, letting the seller know he blew his best lead so far... I might have gotten it for $18,000. Since I want to buy a pile of DASH anyway... Would have been a great trade to have the MNs pay it to me and never touch the market. Which is already what happened anyway. So who cares if it's $2,000 different? Which is more important? Having that domain, or having an extra 2000 in guvpaper to wipe our owners' butts??

This is a business expense. Pinching every last duff only results in wasted time and missed opportunities. Sometimes it's better to do something that's overpriced than do nothing at all.

I've paid more than I probably had to for my CnC mill. But, the guys that I outbid are still bidding. I've been running my machine for almost a year now, and it's paid for itself... So, I don't care how much I paid for it. Until you have some of those experiences under your belt, you don't really know the value of making shit happen instead of focusing on cost, cost, cost...

Just like our ability to vote up a budget to send Evan on fancy trips to prove how badass this project is. Is DOGE or BTC going to do that? Oh, even if they wanted to, they can't, because Brokencoin and all it's shitclones lack any of the infrastructure needed and are resting on their trollaurels and fanboyisms.

What is going to happen to Github?

Seems as if http://github.com/dash/ is already taken though it doesn't seem like http://github.com/digitalcash/ might be available?

I see no reason to change the one we already have. If we can't get github.com/dash, which we can't, I would stay with github.com/dashpay and avoid the trouble of changing it again. The name of the project doesn't change, we just get a better domain for the website.

Going back to you, camosoul , about corporations:
a company or group of people authorized to act as a single entity (legally a person) and recognized as such in law. Of course the law doesn't recognize any such thing yet, and we're the first in the world as far as anyone knows. But it's possible that a VC might be recognized by the law some day?! Ultimately, it doesn't matter. It was born, it exists, there's no going back now. No single government, and probably no power in this world can stop it now :)

How fun is that? LOL

Back